PDA

View Full Version : Leader Among Men: Mayor and Godfather

DeadDiver
May 17th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I believe for investigation purposes, a mayor should be born. Why, well one; a host could make the godfather detectable now. Two, the mayor could have a list of check boxes on startup screen. those check boxes could have a quantity of pardons.

Let me explain the pardons... The check box with one pardon is selected during the pre-game menu. In game the townies decide to lynch someone, and person has guilty vote. The mayor gets an option discreetly to pardon the guy if he really believes that he is innocent. Now mayor has ran out of pardons, and is like a towny, sort of like the Vigilante.

Nick
May 17th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Title Mayor is GOOD.
Identified as leader of men is EXCELLENT.

However, I see limited actual usefulness for pardons:
1) May reduce a few random lynching early game
2) Late game when number of mafia = town, Mayor may only delay town survival by a day

Mayor as other non-detective townies vote like lemmings. Currently, I can't see how pardons can help town to overcome mafia. Unless Mayor has prior townie information, maybe 2 random townies are revealed to the Mayor (more than 2 are OP).

EDIT: Spelling check

DeadDiver
May 18th, 2011, 07:27 AM
maybe, perhaps investogater and sheriff and mayor could talk at night. Names be unknown still, and perhaps information can be deliberated from that

Zack
May 18th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Hm, a bit of a revision on this... Just think it would be better this way:

Mayor is a selfless role who refuses to be healed by doctors, this means doctors can't heal him at night - but they know who he is. The Mayor knows who the sheriffs are, but the sheriffs don't know who he is.

The Mayor's vote carries alot of weight. If the Mayor voted innocent in a trial where the majority of the votes are guilty, then the result of the vote will be innocent - and the Mayor will be revealed to everyone. In such an event the Mayor will most likely die at night. If the Mayor votes guilty his vote will be counted normally.

Not sure on the balance of this though, heh.

Goonswarm
May 18th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Hm, a bit of a revision on this... Just think it would be better this way:

Mayor is a selfless role who refuses to be healed by doctors, this means doctors can't heal him at night - but they know who he is. The Mayor knows who the sheriffs are, but the sheriffs don't know who he is.

The Mayor's vote carries alot of weight. If the Mayor voted innocent in a trial where the majority of the votes are guilty, then the result of the vote will be innocent - and the Mayor will be revealed to everyone. In such an event the Mayor will most likely die at night. If the Mayor votes guilty his vote will be counted normally.

Not sure on the balance of this though, heh.

I feel this is a solid role that would be loved in public games. It would replace any vigilante and bus driver as they are too hurtful to town when used improperly. I really like this idea!

Fulla
May 19th, 2011, 04:28 AM
Nice idea, has my thumbs up!

DeadDiver
May 22nd, 2011, 06:28 AM
Gooney am surprised u havent said anything yet. So DR, what do you think?

DeadDiver
May 22nd, 2011, 06:32 AM
oh PS, i don't think the voting should reveal mayor, i like the pardon ideas better. Or also, if there was a jailor, thats another way the pardons could be implemented, i dunno. With much discussion and deliberation, we could make him great tole to have.

Nick
May 22nd, 2011, 10:50 AM
Agree that voting not guilty should not be equal to pardon. Mayor should be able to decide whether to pardon if he/she is found guilty. But if so the time frame for pardons is so short.

Found guilty --> Last will (if checked) --> Death animation

Unless Mayor can decide whether to use pardon during voting, just in case he/she is found guilty. If guilty, pardoned and mayor revealed. If not guilty, pardon not used.

DeadDiver
May 24th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I am not sure what u r talking about, I am saying ya, during voting people can viote, mayor alike. When it comes time for last words, mayor gets a pop up button (one like the innocent guilty buttons) that says pardon, if he click on this button, then after last words is completed no lynching takes place.

DeadDiver
May 27th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Gooney, help me to let Rev see this, i would love for games to have a detectable GF due to the opposite rolls

Lysergic
May 27th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Gooney, help me to let Rev see this, i would love for games to have a detectable GF due to the opposite rolls

I believe DR is implementing this in the next version (1.55).

Dark.Revenant
May 27th, 2011, 09:23 PM
The Mayor is normal until he chooses to reveal himself with the -vote command during the day. If he does this, he gets 2, 3, or 4 (host can choose) votes in any vote/trial. There is also a host option to make him unhealable.

DeadDiver
May 28th, 2011, 07:08 AM
so u did add him rev

Goonswarm
May 28th, 2011, 10:37 AM
If you make it so mayor sheriff and godfather show up as a leader among men I might be able to take off detection immunity from the gf.

Dark.Revenant
May 28th, 2011, 03:44 PM
mayor, gf, and mason leader are leaders among men

DeadDiver
May 29th, 2011, 07:18 AM
that would lose much of the relevance though gooney. A sheriff isn't a leader among men. Honestly in RL most adults hate cops, they are only a leader among children. lol It is true though.

Zack
May 30th, 2011, 01:50 AM
I just had a funny idea...

Sheriff's investigation message is "Patrols the streets at night" yes?

Make Jester's investigation: "Trolls the streets at night"

:P

Yeah its just a joke, I think. Unless you think its good.

DeadDiver
May 31st, 2011, 06:12 AM
lol, trolls the streets during the day, classic

DeadDiver
May 31st, 2011, 08:20 AM
Hey rev, mayor in this new bug fix is broken (5/31/11). Also most and i agree mayor isnt well implemented, good start, but we need a revision of the role, so anyone have ideas? i still like my secret veto method. Maybe there are better ideas though.

thisismyname
May 31st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Hey rev, mayor in this new bug fix is broken (5/31/11). Also most and i agree mayor isnt well implemented, good start, but we need a revision of the role, so anyone have ideas? i still like my secret veto method. Maybe there are better ideas though.

I think having the Mayor reveal himself to the town when using his ability was a bad idea. If there are like like 3 masons in the game, for instance, you essentially have 4 guaranteed townies. Role is OP as it stands.

DeadDiver
May 31st, 2011, 03:09 PM
perhaps he should be able to veto 1 person, or condemn one person, and that is it. but its only an OP role if docs can heal him

Zack
June 1st, 2011, 02:32 AM
In my games so far i've had Mayor every time. Every single game he was never even given an opportunity to use his ability, and he ended up dying eventually without influencing the game at all. So, the Mayor's usefulness is very situational...

DeadDiver
June 2nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
In my games so far i've had Mayor every time. Every single game he was never even given an opportunity to use his ability, and he ended up dying eventually without influencing the game at all. So, the Mayor's usefulness is very situational...

Not to be judgmental, cuz i have never played with u, but if u get it every time and u always die before revealing urself, its probably cuz u say stupid things. every game i usually see mayor use ability.

Zack
June 5th, 2011, 01:32 AM
I meant Mayor was in the game every time, it was a diffrent person each game ;o

I never got to be it myself actually...