PDA

View Full Version : M-FM XXIII Poll

Cryptonic
May 29th, 2014, 06:43 AM
M-FM XXIII Poll is now live!

Vote on your favorite setup for the next M-FM!

Again, votes will be hidden this time around. The votes will be consistently reviewed throughout the poll to ensure that no one is trying to skew the poll results. As such, the following punishments will be given for using smurfs to vote:

For every smurf you vote with, you will receive 1x Board Rules Violation infraction & will be ineligible to play the winning M-FM. If you are caught doing it as a host, you will lose your hosting rights for M-FM XXIII.

Please be responsible and mature.

If you want, you may write a review on your setup and I will post it below.

Good luck to all participants!

M-FM Hitman by Hypersniper (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/26911-M-FM-Hitman?p=437840#post437840)
M-FM Civilization by Orpz & powerofdeath (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/26194-M-FM-Civilization)
M-FM The Frozen Throne by Bahkieh, Banshis, Damus_Graves & Glip (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/27189-M-Fm-The-Frozen-Throne)
M-FM Nasty Rumors Too by Fragos (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/26157-M-FM-Nasty-Rumours-Too?p=428615#post428615)

Poll ends in 10 days.

Nick
May 29th, 2014, 08:05 AM
WTF 4 hosts.

Fragos
May 29th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Regarding M-FM Nasty Rumours Too (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/26157-M-FM-Nasty-Rumours-Too), I have a special announcement for you.

As I am also the master of Tower of God, I can easily tie this M-FM with the Tower of God competition. Any participating members who are also regulars of the Tower will earn 100 Test Points for winning the game as Town, 300 TP for winning the game as Neutral Killer, and 200 TP for remanining non-town roles. Players that are not regulars of the tower will get a chance to be able to climb the Tower as well, depending on their performance in the game. For example, winning the game AND getting MVP will instantly allow you to enter Tower of God and join other regulars with their current progress.

The Nasty Rumours Too is an remake of the well-known M-FM Nasty Rumours (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/15267-M-FM-XIV-Nasty-Rumours-Welcome-to-Treasure-Town!). I remember it as one of the most entertaining events, second only to FM XVII, despite the overwhelming victory of town. As in the past, the Overwork actions will return as well. Each role can use once in game an Overwork action, which is much stronger than their regular action. For example, Sheriff can ignore detection immunity on the night he choses to overwork himself. There are many other possible roles, with each of their normal actions and Overwork actions written in detail. Furthermore, all non-town roles will be completely randomed, and you can only see how many of then are in the game right now. There can be a possiblity of two Mafia groups, one big Mafia group, or no Mafia at all. Rebels, a weaker variant of cult, are also possible in this game. And of course there can be also a place for Neutral Killers. I'm sure everyone will be able to enjoy the large diversity offered by this setup!

AppleyNO
May 29th, 2014, 08:45 AM
WTF 4 hosts.
Yea, I noticed that too.

Nick
May 29th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Yea, I noticed that too.

24/7 immediate answers perhaps.

Cryptonic
May 29th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I don't really understand 4 hosts, either... But oh well lol.

I worry they are shooting themselves in the foot regarding reserves, but I hope not.

Nick
May 29th, 2014, 09:10 AM
M-FM Civilization is still in progress... don't know balanced or not.

ika
May 29th, 2014, 09:19 AM
I don't really understand 4 hosts, either... But oh well lol.

I worry they are shooting themselves in the foot regarding reserves, but I hope not.

I think they are shooting themselfs in the foot regarding hosting communication (IMO more host= bigger chance for proplems/miscommunication )

Yayap approved it on the last poll saying it was the most ballenced if that means anything

powerofdeath
May 29th, 2014, 09:46 AM

Its not in progress, I think Orpz forgot to remove it, that is all.

Slaol
May 29th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I would like Frozen Throne hosts to post an official statement of what duties each host will be doing.

Citrus
May 29th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Finally poll is opened!

Also 4 hosts wut lol

Dagaen
May 29th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I love Hitman series, but I hate Hypersniper.

I love Frozen Throne mod-team, but there's too many of them - I want to play with good players and choosing ths setup automatically means 4 less of them.

So I ended up voting Fragos xD

powerofdeath
May 29th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Whens poll ending?

Cryptonic
May 29th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Poll ends in 10 days.

And also:

" This poll will close on June 8th, 2014 at 07:44 AM "

lol u siwwy

Hypersniper
May 29th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Why you hate me :(:(:(:(

deathworlds
May 29th, 2014, 06:10 PM
I love custom mechanics and roles. You all know where my vote lies.

Orpz
May 29th, 2014, 06:47 PM
The Civilization setup has been tweaked a little bit; nothing major, just modified Happiness and Production values for the special mechanics. I encourage everyone to read and evaluate it, and if you like it, throw us a vote. Thanks :)

Gerik
May 29th, 2014, 10:33 PM
I'll trade my vote for sexual favors.

jaczac
May 29th, 2014, 11:57 PM
Meet me behind the bleachers tomorrow

c:

Citrus
May 30th, 2014, 12:53 AM
Regarding M-FM Nasty Rumours Too (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/26157-M-FM-Nasty-Rumours-Too), I have a special announcement for you.

As I am also the master of Tower of God, I can easily tie this M-FM with the Tower of God competition. Any participating members who are also regulars of the Tower will earn 100 Test Points for winning the game as Town, 300 TP for winning the game as Neutral Killer, and 200 TP for remanining non-town roles. Players that are not regulars of the tower will get a chance to be able to climb the Tower as well, depending on their performance in the game. For example, winning the game AND getting MVP will instantly allow you to enter Tower of God and join other regulars with their current progress.

The Nasty Rumours Too is an remake of the well-known M-FM Nasty Rumours (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/15267-M-FM-XIV-Nasty-Rumours-Welcome-to-Treasure-Town!). I remember it as one of the most entertaining events, second only to FM XVII, despite the overwhelming victory of town. As in the past, the Overwork actions will return as well. Each role can use once in game an Overwork action, which is much stronger than their regular action. For example, Sheriff can ignore detection immunity on the night he choses to overwork himself. There are many other possible roles, with each of their normal actions and Overwork actions written in detail. Furthermore, all non-town roles will be completely randomed, and you can only see how many of then are in the game right now. There can be a possiblity of two Mafia groups, one big Mafia group, or no Mafia at all. Rebels, a weaker variant of cult, are also possible in this game. And of course there can be also a place for Neutral Killers. I'm sure everyone will be able to enjoy the large diversity offered by this setup!

Is this allowed? I'm not sure how I personally feel about incentives beyond a game being chosen, though that may just be my opinion (especially as public voting for guaranteed placement in a game is no longer around)

Nick
May 30th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Double standards from Citrus. So bribery such is this is allowed?

:D

Gerik
May 30th, 2014, 02:04 AM
Meet me behind the bleachers tomorrow

c:

ok bb.

Double standards from Citrus. So bribery such is this is allowed?

:D

Well, I had to get into MFM Hunger Games somehow...

Vantas
May 30th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Is this allowed? I'm not sure how I personally feel about incentives beyond a game being chosen, though that may just be my opinion (especially as public voting for guaranteed placement in a game is no longer around)This. To be honest the whole ToG thing is the make/break factor in what I'm voting, so I'd like to know the answer to this before I cast my vote.

Cryptonic
May 30th, 2014, 06:50 AM
This. To be honest the whole ToG thing is the make/break factor in what I'm voting, so I'd like to know the answer to this before I cast my vote.

Yes, I'm going to allow it.

It's all WIFOM, anyways.. I'm not gonna reveal votes outside Staff channels if people are offering incentives, so anybody can lie and say they voted for a game.

Slaol
May 30th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Frozen Throne votes to host ratio 3/4.

Glip
May 30th, 2014, 10:44 AM
I would like Frozen Throne hosts to post an official statement of what duties each host will be doing.

Frozen Throne votes to host ratio 3/4.

People seem very turned off by the fact that we have 4 people listed as hosts. All this really means is that we had 4 people assist in making and balancing the setup for our game, who now have gamebreaking knowledge and can't be allowed to play the game.

So far as duties go:

Banshis is the main host. He will be the one making the day and night end posts and all other hostly duties.

Damus and I as co-hosts exist merely to assist Banshis in processing night actions, answering player questions, writing RP, etc.

Additionally, I will be the one running the night chats.

Bahkieh will have no part in the actual hosting of the game.

Slaol
May 30th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Banshis used my massive role list to assist him in the creation of the post.
Am I now a host?

ika
May 30th, 2014, 10:51 AM
People seem very turned off by the fact that we have 4 people listed as hosts. All this really means is that we had 4 people assist in making and balancing the setup for our game, who now have gamebreaking knowledge and can't be allowed to play the game.

So far as duties go:

1) Banshis is the main host. He will be the one making the day and night end posts and all other hostly duties.

2) Damus and I as co-hosts exist merely to assist Banshis in processing night actions, answering player questions, writing RP, etc.

2)Additionally, I will be the one running the night chats.

3)Bahkieh will have no part in the actual hosting of the game.

1+2)fair enough but i still think 3 hosts are a little too much (i would be more inclined if it was 2 max)

3) bahkieh has no reason to be in the hosting process then unless hes looking at setup for balance tbh.

Banshis
May 30th, 2014, 10:57 AM
1+2)fair enough but i still think 3 hosts are a little too much (i would be more inclined if it was 2 max)

3) bahkieh has no reason to be in the hosting process then unless hes looking at setup for balance tbh.

1+2) Glip is for sure a co-host, but I won't exclude Damus from it. He had to drop his other submission to be able to join us and it wouldn't be right to boot him from it.

3) Bahkieh has seen the set-up.

Slaol
May 30th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Banshis why am I not a host?

AppleyNO
May 30th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Yes, I'm going to allow it.

It's all WIFOM, anyways.. I'm not gonna reveal votes outside Staff channels if people are offering incentives, so anybody can lie and say they voted for a game.
But its not votes, its actually playing it. Those who are still playing ToG will throw their votes to Fragos :P

AppleyNO
May 30th, 2014, 11:11 AM

So far as duties go:

Banshis is the main host. He will be the one making the day and night end posts and all other hostly duties.

Damus and I as co-hosts exist merely to assist Banshis in processing night actions, answering player questions, writing RP, etc.

Additionally, I will be the one running the night chats.

Bahkieh will have no part in the actual hosting of the game.
This sounds like it has a high chance of failure. Who will receive night actions? Last wills? Death Notes?

Banshis
May 30th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Banshis why am I not a host?

Do you have gamebreaking knowledge? I don't think so.

ika
May 30th, 2014, 11:14 AM
1+2) Glip is for sure a co-host, but I won't exclude Damus from it. He had to drop his other submission to be able to join us and it wouldn't be right to boot him from it.

3) Bahkieh has seen the set-up.

We could ask crypt to see if damus can resubmit? if not then i do understand for keeping him. i do agree it would be unfair to jsut boot him like that w/o a chance of putting his own in. My primary concern with 3+ hosts is miscommunications something going wrong (i have experinced this and seen this). Thats why i am in preference of 2 hosts, less chance of host errors/problems.

then at best i would consider him a judge for ballenceing and not really a host per say (im being kinda picky but its been clarified about that im fine with him being there)

Banshis
May 30th, 2014, 11:14 AM
This sounds like it has a high chance of failure. Who will receive night actions? Last wills? Death Notes?

I'll be receiving night actions and last wills.

Banshis
May 30th, 2014, 11:15 AM
We could ask crypt to see if damus can resubmit? if not then i do understand for keeping him. i do agree it would be unfair to jsut boot him like that w/o a chance of putting his own in. My primary concern with 3+ hosts is miscommunications something going wrong (i have experinced this and seen this). Thats why i am in preference of 2 hosts, less chance of host errors/problems.

then at best i would consider him a judge for ballenceing and not really a host per say (im being kinda picky but its been clarified about that im fine with him being there)

We are in a skype chat together and we are constantly all on so we shouldn't have any mis-communications when we all have contact with each other all the time.

Slaol
May 30th, 2014, 11:19 AM
M-FM games have a host account, you could probably send actions and wills there...?

AppleyNO
May 30th, 2014, 11:22 AM
M-FM games have a host account, you could probably send actions and wills there...?
That shows how long its been since I've played a M-FM.

All hosting mis-communications that could happen are minimized since all of the actions are going to the same account.

Banshis
May 30th, 2014, 11:26 AM

Well that is what I meant, but all of us will have access to the account. Besides I have plenty of time since it is summer for me to make sure everything goes in right.

ika
May 30th, 2014, 11:28 AM
We are in a skype chat together and we are constantly all on so we shouldn't have any mis-communications when we all have contact with each other all the time.

fair enough then, i just kinda worry about those things b/c its one of the huge things that can cause setups to be not so good due to events like those.

Fragos
May 30th, 2014, 12:16 PM
But its not votes, its actually playing it. Those who are still playing ToG will throw their votes to Fragos :P

Something tells me this won't be easy this time for me as well ^^

I am by no means a bad host, but at least I have the right to try )

AppleyNO
May 30th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Something tells me this won't be easy this time for me as well ^^

I am by no means a bad host, but at least I have the right to try )
tbh we need more 5-sided epicness. I know that FM 17 was not the most popular FM, but I still remember it fondly :D

Slaol
May 30th, 2014, 04:31 PM
I'd, as well, prefer 5-sided to your current setup Fragos

Gerik
May 30th, 2014, 08:50 PM
So far jaczac is the only one who has given me sexual favors, so... jaczac

Also- idk why everyone is twisting their testicles over 4 hosts for a game. Yeah, it's weird, but who cares? The question you should be answering when voting is: "Do I want to play this setup?" if you find yourself thinking "yes", then vote for it. If not, vote for the setup that you do want to play. Simple as that. Let the hosts worry about miscommunication and shit.

deathworlds
May 30th, 2014, 09:30 PM
tbh we need more 5-sided epicness. I know that FM 17 was not the most popular FM, but I still remember it fondly :D

I should of finished The Last of Us M-FM...

Fragos
May 30th, 2014, 10:48 PM
I'd, as well, prefer 5-sided to your current setup Fragos

Really? I thought no one else would be too fond of that idea, so I chose to put in on hold in favor of the general Mafia setups.

ika
May 30th, 2014, 11:36 PM
So far jaczac is the only one who has given me sexual favors, so... jaczac

Also- idk why everyone is twisting their testicles over 4 hosts for a game. Yeah, it's weird, but who cares? The question you should be answering when voting is: "Do I want to play this setup?" if you find yourself thinking "yes", then vote for it. If not, vote for the setup that you do want to play. Simple as that. Let the hosts worry about miscommunication and shit.

The bolded part is the entire reason (more or less), a setup can look fun but if miscommunication happens it can ruin the entire setup as a whole due to something like that.

not not to hash on the 4 host but just to maybe clarify why so many ppl (and me) are so kinda icky about it

Example: setup A looks fun, has 4 hosts
game gets voted and starts to play.
miscommunication happens (feedback, night action, Q&A discrpency, ect)
from there now host have to find a way to fix that problem which in turn creates a hinderance for the players can can cause it to be unfun.

while im incilned to belive they can all do it without much problems, the thing is that if problems do arise it can make the setup that once looked fun now unfun for the players due to problem(s) depending on how severe it is.

Slaol
May 31st, 2014, 08:38 PM
Really? I thought no one else would be too fond of that idea, so I chose to put in on hold in favor of the general Mafia setups.

Imo 5-sided is a good setup. Only at risk of losing to newer 'sensational' setups.

Citrus
May 31st, 2014, 09:26 PM
I like the idea of 5 factions as well honestly.

Especially in M-FM, but in general I prefer out-of-the-ordinary interesting setups to running things that are more normal/common

Damus_Graves
June 1st, 2014, 09:03 PM
I like the idea of 5 factions as well honestly.

Especially in M-FM, but in general I prefer out-of-the-ordinary interesting setups to running things that are more normal/common

Well that's just not candy!

Nick
June 1st, 2014, 09:21 PM
Liked 5 too.

Fragos
June 7th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Hmm... only 19 votes? You think that many people are going to play the next M-FM?

powerofdeath
June 7th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Hmm... only 19 votes? You think that many people are going to play the next M-FM?

18 and some of the votes are hosts themselves

Eskimo Burnt
June 7th, 2014, 10:47 PM
voting for frozen throne. lel

I plan on signing up and then lurking hard before game so I dont get myself banned

Cryptonic
June 8th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Just gonna wait on confirmation on votes, but looks pretty solid

Cryptonic
June 9th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Alright, votes in eeeeen.

Congratulations Orpz & PoD on winning M-FM XXIII Poll.

I'll review your setup within the next few days here. You can post signups whenever, but you can't start your game until it's approved.

PM Slaol, or another admin, for M-FM Host accounts, ect.