PDA

View Full Version : FM XXI: Night 3

Forum Mafia GM
April 16th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Night begins now, have fun

Old FM Russia
April 16th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Looks like you and me need to talk. That day was horrible. As the most likely to be town, you needed to take command of the town leader position and not let scum change the train every hour.

I'm at work right now but when I get home I need to go through the entire last few hours of that day and find out how someone cleared by Egypt managed to get lynched.

Start giving me your reads and I'll comment on those too.

Old FM Russia
April 16th, 2014, 10:17 PM
First off, I strongly believe that England is a consort and not suited like he claimed.

It makes no sense for mafia to give a suit to a person that is not their own and not kill him immediately before giving that person a chance to reveal to everyone that he has a suit.

Furthermore, England may have misdirected us with his suit claim to make us not question the ghost in the graveyard. I doubt NZ is a ghost and it gives the mafia some breathing room since everyone will be suspicious of some being controlled by a ghost.

And I think Poland made a timing mistake, thinking that the ghost would take possession that day so he faked being possessed.

He made it soo obvious that he wasn't the sheriff I think the mafia were surprised that the s Korea train even started. I bet they were expecting people to think that Poland was vented and dismiss his evidence and ignore both Poland and s Korea.

If we are going to have a chance to win this game we are goin to have to play by their terms. Which means the old fashion claiming and reads is out and the fake claims and gambits are in.

I suggest we claim that we were in an architect chat tonight thus being able to confirm each other as not vented or ghost. This should scare the mafia into thinking town has an architect as well.

I'm also considering claiming a power investigative role tomorrow to drive a lynch.

I just need a good solid target.

Anyways break time over, gotta get back to work.

Old FM Russia
April 17th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Six hours in and I haven't heard from you.... Starting to wonder if you are jailed/kidnapped.

Old FM Libya
April 17th, 2014, 01:29 AM
Nah I was at baseball practice. Still mobile. Will post reads soon in like 30 min

Old FM Russia
April 17th, 2014, 01:41 AM
Ok. I should be home in about 1.5 hours.

Old FM Libya
April 17th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Well first of all, we need to note that nobody was contributing at all Day 3. Some active people did some post analysis and stuff like that, but others just trolled and became less productive. It's really ticking me off cause it's Day 3, and I'm really happy that I'm off school tomorrow because I'll actually be able to lead the Town some more. While I was gone, Norway never posted again. I was surprised that Norway wasn't what he said he was, and lied at the brink of his lynch. BTW, I agree with you on the Ghost suit, however the thing is, the Mafia couldn't have known that the Toxicologist targeted England and therefore the Mafia did not at all suit England.

Old FM Libya
April 17th, 2014, 02:42 AM
tbh, I'm really losing it right now. Day 3: Nothing good to read, except Thailand, France, and Costa Rica's shit.

Here's why I think Costa Rica is dumb, forrealz.

this now seems really scummy. also for the record, if he flips town it's not my fault, i just made logical conclusions

This is when Costa Rica voted Norway and such. This post is a response to Brazil's FoS on Costa Rica, and he reacted not out of line, but a bit scummy. He puts a vote on Norway, tells the Town that if Norway flips Town that it's not his fault, and then:

I'm not entirely convinced this lynch is safe, while it may be accurate, I am curious why the possibility of TPR trying to protect from night kills was dismissed so easily.

Changes his mind about the Norway train, shifts away from saying that the lynch wasn't safe at all and he was just sheeping, and then questioning the lynch and people on the train (indirectly).

I didn't care if Norway flipped Town or not, because personally, he sounded scummy while I was FoSing South Korea (not much though lol). I don't regret voting Norway, and Costa Rica shouldn't either. He didn't read through the day much, this tells me. Can't get a certain read off of Costa Rica, but I'm sure that he'll make a slip next day.

Old FM Russia
April 17th, 2014, 02:54 AM
I wasn't getting any scummy vibes off Norway, but I came back too late to try to change the train. And the fact he only revealed his n1 target being England.... which everyone knew by that point didn't help his defense.

I mostly hammered so I can get a better picture off of Egypt.
I'm trying to figure out why Egypt joined that train if he knew he had a Not suspicious result on him.

Old FM Libya
April 17th, 2014, 03:05 AM
I wasn't getting any scummy vibes off Norway, but I came back too late to try to change the train. And the fact he only revealed his n1 target being England.... which everyone knew by that point didn't help his defense.

I mostly hammered so I can get a better picture off of Egypt.
I'm trying to figure out why Egypt joined that train if he knew he had a Not suspicious result on him.

I also emphasized that there SHOULD be a lynch today

Old FM Russia
April 17th, 2014, 03:19 AM
I'm debating whether or not I want to start pissing people off with codes. I've always found the use of codes the way they are being utilized against the spirit of the game.. but with soo many people doing it, I'm tempted to create a code between us. One that we never give the key out and openly communicate during the day.

Claiming that we were both in an architect chat tonight gives us reason to use a code without people connecting the dots as me being a mason. It also gives me leeway to claim feedback that I never got and advise you about it.

Old FM Russia
April 17th, 2014, 04:49 AM
So looking at my work schedule, day 4 is going to be a royal pain for me to keep up. Mostly because I will be at work and will only be able to skim from my phone for the first 9 hours of the day, then no contact for 9 hours... which by then I'm usually rather tired and head to bed when I get home. Then the second half of the day, I'll have 0 possibility to check the forums for the final 6+ hours of the day which is the critical lynch hours. As for the rest of the day, I'll be house/cat sitting for someone and won't be at my own PC. And I won't be able to check the night chat until about 5 hours into the night.

In other words, I can't take notes for most if not all of day 4 and my reads will not be accurate without being able to keep track of what is going on. Reading the day from my phone has proven to be inadequate for analyzing.. so I'll be relying on you to lead the town day 4.

Plan:
We could try a gambit to force the mafias hand a bit. I could try claiming to be N-Z and say that the mafia killed me. Only mafia would know the truth if they gave a suit to N-Z. This would add tremendous pressure on S-Korea, and if anyone comes out with the argument that N-Z was not a ghost to defend S-Korea, then we have a great lynch suspect and my work would be done. I just know that I will not be around to direct the day chatter so anything we plan, I need to be able to accomplish it quickly with few posts.

Funny thing is with neutral vent being possible, mafia will not know for certain if I'm faking or being controlled by a neutral. I like this plan because it uses mafias plan against them if they wanted to create vent paranoia with a ghost in the graveyard.

Old FM Libya
April 17th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Very risky gambit. Could end up lynching you after claiming that, hanging the whole Town on a cliff and then coming back to vote somebody. Won't work. The best bet is to wait until a large amount of posts has been made, attack one player and lynch him. Best way we can do this. Since 3 Mafia are dead, probably 3 more will come out and I'm going to try to find Ragnar tomorrow.

Old FM Russia
April 17th, 2014, 05:24 AM
I'm just looking at the poland train on S-Korea .. it was blatantly obvious that Poland lied about being a sheriff yet everyone sheeped him anyways.

Old FM Russia
April 17th, 2014, 05:27 AM
France is always a safe lynch - but I'm hoping he dies tonight.
I'd still go for Poland or S-Korea.

Kenya seems less scummy now that he is participating with original thoughts instead of piggybacking on everything. - Still need to re-read all of day 3 to get a clearer read on him.

Argentina seems scummy to me.

Old FM Russia
April 17th, 2014, 05:29 AM
I hate it when town intentionally looks scummy - takes me forever to clear them. Still not sure what to think of Colombia, he seems like a legit cit and Mason L does not leave feedback on failed recruits... so he wouldn't have been able to say ML didn't check him without being sure.

Old FM Russia
April 17th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Anyways, I'm gonna head off.. Wont get a chance to analyze till Sunday. I'll let you decide what you want me to do day 4, just post it here and I'll try to make it happen when I have a chance.. Don't expect much posting from me though.

I might have just enough time to get the day started, so I'll let you know what I plan on posting first so you know I'm not being really vented or ghost controlled: I'll be asking Egypt why he joined the train if he got a NS result, and I'll be pushing for him to reveal exactly what he knew when and where for that Greenland Lynch... I doubt he did post analysis to go after Greenland the way he did.

Old FM Libya
April 17th, 2014, 03:42 PM
France is always a safe lynch - but I'm hoping he dies tonight.
I'd still go for Poland or S-Korea.

Kenya seems less scummy now that he is participating with original thoughts instead of piggybacking on everything. - Still need to re-read all of day 3 to get a clearer read on him.

Argentina seems scummy to me.

Well I was hoping that we'd first get the people that don't look suspicious at all, then go towards the people that already slipped and we know they're scum... so..

Old FM Russia
April 17th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Without good evidence you'll never be able to pull a lynch on someone that doesn't look suspicious. Day3 proves that town won't cooperate.

Now that I think about it - there is a good chance that you or me gets targeted tonight. I can't really see any better night kill targets than you as claimed mason, me as an analyzer or Egypt as claimed sheriff.

Hopefully town killing roles pull this town to victory or scum hit scum at night. Because I don't have a good feeling about this towns post analysis skills.

Old FM Russia
April 17th, 2014, 05:24 PM
If we ever need to send coded msgs to each other, use fightfirewithfire as code key. You can get away with it without explaining anything since you already claimed mason. I'll need to be more creative.

Forum Mafia GM
April 17th, 2014, 05:33 PM
nights over