Forum Mafia GM
April 10th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Night 1 has begun.

Old FM Libya
April 10th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Good evening.

Old FM Libya
April 10th, 2014, 06:31 PM
I'll start posting even if you're not here, for the sake of argument.

The Masons are weak. We have no Mason Leader. Therefore, we have no power except for the power of two whole votes. During the day, I talked about how the Cult needed to be targeted first and didn't give an exact and absolute reason to the Town. All I said was that the Cult can grow stronger everyday and the Mafia stays where they are. Unfortunately, the Town that go against this probably believes that the Masons have a leader for sure and they will get rid of the Cult fast.

The Cult WILL recruit tonight and there's nothing the Town can do about it, at least I read in the setup that there's no role possible to prevent a Cult conversion except the Mason Leader's bludgeoning. So first in order, deciding how we're going to communicate with the Town and how we're going to reveal ourselves to the Town in a way that we won't take any damage. If you or I die, then the Masons are done for. We need each other to confirm ourselves later and we need the double vote just in case there's no Town Government on top or everybody dies and we try to manipulate the Mafia (at the end if we are alone with some Cultists).

One plan I've been coming up with is meeting up with an Architect, which will possibly be by luck. It won't matter if its Town or Mafia, like I talked about in the Day, we need the Mafia's help and the Mafia needs us. The Mafia will try to rely on the Town in killing off the Neutrals and the Cult. That's a fact and not speculation. I think that if we get at least one of us in a Town Architect conversation or with another Town, a Mason, and a Mafia conversation, we can get the help of the Mafia in getting rid of the Cult first even if they kill us off one by one at night. We don't need to reveal we don't have a Mason Leader.

But, since the win condition of the Mafia is only to defeat the Town and the Cult, the Mafia can always kill off the Town as fast as possible and side with the Neutrals on this (probably the first thing they'll think about). Since the Cult gets larger every night, the Mafia might be thinking about eliminating all of the Town before the Cult gets larger than the Mafia. They'll still need help on this, but I don't know how its going to work. The main thing here is that the MAFIA IS WEAK. They need help. It's a + for the Masons since they'll try to communicate with us in order to get rid of the Cult. At some point, when they find out who a Mason is, they won't kill him (probably... unless they only want the Mason Leader and not for the Masons to get larger as well).

These are my thoughts.... so when you get back or when you get replaced (next day) please read this over. Our best shot at being Masons is to try to communicate not only with the Town, but with the Mafia as well. They will want the majority vote as well as the Town Powers to get rid of all the Cult.