PDA

View Full Version : MVP.

Elixir
October 11th, 2011, 08:17 PM
So Dead Chat... Who would you give MVP to and why?

ps: I may or may not have already chosen it prior to starting this thread.

Delores
October 11th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Idk, no one has really been a standout this game.

Elizabeth
October 11th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Me, cuz I'm a $#@$ing amazing, and I was citizen for the 3rd time, which no one else was.

Seriously, I hadn't thought much about that. I'll have a look.

Joshua
October 11th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Mayor betrand did decently intill he got bus vigiled.

Elizabeth
October 11th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Part 1
Gonna make a few posts for this. First one.
Verna: (Medic): Died to early
Joshua: (Citizen): Died to early
Yvette: (Stripper): Died to early
Jimmy: (Detective): Died to early
Timothy: (Citizen): Died to early
Patrick: (Lucy Kuo [MacGrath]): Didn't rank that highly on my scumlist, but guess Thomas saw something. Died to early for a Mafia player.
Faye: (Janitor [Vermaak 88]): Took a risk, and it didn't pay off. Very untrusted by many people early in the game, and died to early for Mafia player.
Yolanda: (Citizen): Made 2 posts, never deffended herself, and only 2 things she ever did was vote Yvette and concider suicide.
William: (Citizen): You have to be a retard to have gotten modkilled

Enough for 1 day ;).

Delores
October 11th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Jesse Didn't do all that much.
Jimmy Died
Yolanda No
Joshua No
Timothy No
Phillip Not likely
Matthew NO
Patrick Died to early
Roger Nothing too major
William NO
Verna Died to early
Jerry Played an ok GF. Maybe.
Yvette No
Thomas No
Olga No
Amber Very unlikely
Gladys Rather likely
Chris Unlikly
Alan Unlikly
Rosenberg. Maybe
Faye Very unlikely
Sonya Maybe
Delores Maybe
Theodore. Maybe
Jane Maybe
Thelma No
Nina Highly unlikely
Todd Maybe
Ralph No
Elizabeth. Unlikely
Brian No
Janet Unlikely
Steve. no
Emerald. Unlikely
Velma. Maybe
Candice Unlikly

I'd say Gladys has the best chance.

Joshua
October 11th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Gladys seems like the best person, although perhaps you should like NOT give an MVP for being the best player out of bad players....

Candice
October 11th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Aside from the one town kill done by Illidan, I am still adamant in him being MVP. Oh, and backing down on culting Rosenburg.

Elizabeth
October 11th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Aside from the one town kill done by Illidan, I am still adamant in him being MVP. Oh, and backing down on culting Rosenburg.
Illidian played reasonably well, but I wouldn't say MVP shooting. He had 1 mis-shot, and he wasted his day shot on Claw, who would have probably been lynched soon. Steve was probably his best kill.

Sonya
October 11th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I'd say:
Alan
Candice
Gladys
Chris

Candice
October 11th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Illidian played reasonably well, but I wouldn't say MVP shooting. He had 1 mis-shot, and he wasted his day shot on Claw, who would have probably been lynched soon. Steve was probably his best kill.

This isn't true. The wasted day shot came from Thomas.

Joshua
October 11th, 2011, 09:33 PM
This isn't true. The wasted day shot came from Thomas.

I'm pretty sure thomas did not shoot claw. Alan shot claw because claw claimed to have shot the guy at start when alan knows he didn't.

Elixir
October 11th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Thomas day killed Patrick.

Alan day killed Faye.

Jimmy1
October 11th, 2011, 09:34 PM
[quote=Sonya;36022]
I'd say:
Alan
Candice
Gladys
Chris
[/quote

Get rid of Chris and I might agree. However, I think that the Refurbished Cosenza Town Gallows should get the MVP for making the death of the dreaded Godfather possible... Rest in Peace...

Joshua
October 11th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Get rid of Chris and I might agree. However, I think that the Refurbished Cosenza Town Gallows should get the MVP for making the death of the dreaded Godfather possible... Rest in Peace...

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE. Cole was awesome..... DEATH TO THE GALLOWS!!!

later....

Dead gallows walking.......

Jimmy1
October 11th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Crap that wasn't all supposed to be a quote... I cast my unofficial vote for Candice. After Day 2, I ruled her out as the Soul for her semi-aggressive gameplay, and I think he/she was very successful with a new, mysterious role. Had it not been for the mass claim, I think Candice would've had this game...

Joshua
October 11th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Crap that wasn't all supposed to be a quote... I cast my unofficial vote for Candice. After Day 2, I ruled her out as the Soul for her semi-aggressive gameplay, and I think he/she was very successful with a new, mysterious role. Had it not been for the mass claim, I think Candice would've had this game...

I kinda think thats one of things that would have given the beast away.

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Jerry played relatively well..

Delores played spectacularly.

Alan played pretty well.

Jesse did pretty good.

Out of those 4 I'd say Delores deserves it the most.

Jimmy1
October 11th, 2011, 09:48 PM
1) I think Delores played well, but I don't think she deserves an MVP. I definitely think she deserves an award for being one of the most town friendly smiths ever though...
2) I would think that the Beast would try to appear semi active, but try to avoid being aggressive and attracting attention. That is why I think Candice did well.

Delores
October 11th, 2011, 09:54 PM
1) I think Delores played well, but I don't think she deserves an MVP. I definitely think he deserves an award for being one of the most town friendly smiths ever though...
2) I would think that the Beast would try to appear semi active, but try to avoid being aggressive and attracting attention. That is why I think Candice did well.
Fixed.
Well, I've been an Invest twice, and both of the Smiths along with drug dealer in FM IV. Hoping for Mason or Citizen next game, I want to have a night chat and get to use it for the full game for once.

Sonya
October 11th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Gallows avenged me like it was asked of them. Mvp material.

How is Chris not mvp bro, firstly he picked the weakest faction adn almost won with it, secondly he had the town lynch 2 unnecessary targets when me and him were obviously the ultimate lynch.
I agree he is yayap and shit is expected of him but if he was anybody else you'd be amazed.

Out of velmas list id disagree with Jesse and Jerry - former lurked and probably wasnt trying, latter did the only one move of 10 available that lead to his 100% defeat while his chances of winning were probably highest of all live players that night.

Delores
October 11th, 2011, 09:59 PM
1) I think Delores played well, but I don't think he deserves an MVP. I definitely think he deserves an award for being one of the most town friendly smiths ever though...
Nvm, now it's fixed.

Jimmy1
October 11th, 2011, 10:16 PM
1) Female character names for male players... Dislike.
2) To me, the reason Chris almost won the cult the game wasn't because he played exceptionally, but it was by virtue of the fact that he was the student in the first place. Picking Sonya was his best game move in my opinion: after that, his gameplay was decent at best. Also, I wouldn't call the cult the weakest faction: it had 3 members at that point (as I recall) and Chris became a fourth member and a backup cult leader, making the cult stronger than either mafia in my opinion...

Sonya
October 11th, 2011, 10:28 PM
1. say what?
2. id like to disagree... he could insta win if he picked any other than cult. he knew who cult leader was so he could join town and lynch me for easy win. All mafias+cult were outed and town had a strong majority, should he pick mayor as mentor and used his role list it'd be gg town long ago.
Picking cult was a shitty move from win condition perspective, and i dont think many people had been able to turn it around for the cult as well as he did.
at that moment cult was at 2 members + him, cult was pretty fucked bro.

Alan
October 11th, 2011, 10:31 PM

I shot Faye because if I didn't, he was almost a confirmed vigilante after Patrick died. He couldn't have been investigated due to the Framer being still alive, and him being a really good target for that.

Anyway, my vote goes for Candice: awesome pro-town play, he lost only because of the dumb mass claim.

Theodore
October 11th, 2011, 10:40 PM
In all honesty, there are a lot of mistakes EVERYONE has made.

I think Jane(now Rosenberg) is the player with the FEWEST mistakes, and if you read her mafia team logs, she is definitely the most active. She was the only member who demonstrated she actually wanted to win. She played the best game by any mafia member(including other team) BY FAR.

Addressing the other candidates for MVP:
Todd(Bertrand) - He logged on to vote whoever town thought was the best lynch. He didn't contribute much to discussion, so I don't think he deserves it.

Alan - A better choice than Bertrand, but still lacking in some ways. Vigilante is a role that is supposed to weigh the odds of a shot and not hesitate when it needs to be taken. I don't feel as though Alan's shots were used effectively at all.

Gladys - Depends on what occurs at night, but other than Jane, she is the best candidate for MVP. She faked Yayap well and the night chats demonstrate her intelligence.

Chris - Does not deserve MVP for reasons I cannot get into because it will reveal something I don't want Yayap to know about. I also saw many other problems with his play. I don't want to get into this, but Chris does not deserve MVP.

Delores - Just another person who roleclaimed when there was no reason to. There was no need to give cult so many roles. Velma confirming that she was town would have sufficed.

Ralph - From zero to hero. Unfortunately, he wasn't consistent throughout the game.

Candice - I still believe Candice could have gotten out of the lynch with a roleclaim. I think the soul should only be MVP if it wins. That did not happen.

tldr; Jane>Gladys>Alan>Ralph

No one else played well enough to be considered imo.

Joshua
October 11th, 2011, 11:00 PM
I think Jane(now Rosenberg) is the player with the FEWEST mistakes, and if you read her mafia team logs, she is definitely the most active. She was the only member who demonstrated she actually wanted to win. She played the best game by any mafia member(including other team) BY FAR.

I completely disagree with this statement. I AM THE PLAYER with fewest mistakes... lols... The orange mafia's chats never even exceeded a page..... Red mafia by far was more active, and jane's only slightly more active then the other mafias in orange. I do not see any player really deserving of an MVP, there are OK players but none seem to have achieved enough.....

Elixir
October 11th, 2011, 11:31 PM
MVP =/= Best Player.

Most Valuable can have a myriad of different meanings... Including carrying your team to a win when it seemed nigh on impossible.

For interesting or specific plays, however, they can win individual awards.

I think there will be about 8... 3 of which are secondary objective completions.

Candice
October 11th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Candice - I still believe Candice could have gotten out of the lynch with a roleclaim. I think the soul should only be MVP if it wins. That did not happen.

This isn't true False, the mayor had already left for the night. It was either me or no one.

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 11:41 PM

This isn't true False, the mayor had already left for the night. It was either me or no one.

Not true, it was you or Emerald, since he had failed to role claim as well

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 11:42 PM

I shot Faye because if I didn't, he was almost a confirmed vigilante after Patrick died. He couldn't have been investigated due to the Framer being still alive, and him being a really good target for that.

Anyway, my vote goes for Candice: awesome pro-town play, he lost only because of the dumb mass claim.

Also, the role claim was to be expected when you have an auto-win role just by waiting. It was not dumb, it was the best move town made

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 11:43 PM

I think there was one other person too... Sonya maybe....

Candice
October 11th, 2011, 11:44 PM

Oh really? And where were you getting the votes required to switch the lynch again at 12:30 at night? Honestly, not even I would no lynch over lynching me in that scenario.

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 11:46 PM

Oh really? And where were you getting the votes required to switch the lynch again at 12:30 at night? Honestly, not even I would no lynch over lynching me in that scenario.

Had to roleclaimed when the wagon started, it would have been Emerald or Sonya.

Chris
October 11th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Candice - The ONLY scum that participated in day chat to escape my scum list. And only got lynched because everyone role claimed to find him and it was a random lynch with those left. I even though he was town. So Good Job hiding from me. (people who could have gotten lynched instead of Candice: Chris, Olga, trolling thomas and everyone that claimed citizen or didn't claim

Amber - up until her death, helped track down multiple scum and helped find the beast. Even forced Janet to claim consig instead of investigator. Was the town leader for a bit.

Chris - Only Elixir knows how much I actually knew after day 2. And delaying Sonya's death and mine was not as easy as it looked.

Thomas - Saved the game from being won by cult by killing the Leader. Trolled enough to be overlooked by mafia. 2/3 shots killed scum + 3rd shot was intended for a non power role.

Sonya - Somehow stayed alive long enough to get the cult going. Had the worst luck for early game: 1st recruit gets investigated and killed, gets blocked, had nowhere to roleclaim, gets shot by a vigs last bullet while still not being confirmed scum. Almost no slips (yet I still found her).

Alan
October 11th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Also, the role claim was to be expected when you have an auto-win role just by waiting. It was not dumb, it was the best move town made

Mafia role claiming day V was just dumb. You can't argue with that.

Alan
October 11th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Or was it day IV? I mean, 2 days before the beast would have won.

Velma
October 12th, 2011, 12:05 AM

Mafia role claiming day V was just dumb. You can't argue with that.

If it was Day 5 instead of day 6 no vig shots left and only a lynch, would it have been smart for them to roleclaim then?

Velma
October 12th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Chris - Only Elixir knows how much I actually knew after day 2. And delaying Sonya's death and mine was not as easy as it looked.

Ermm... please quote the times you saved Sonya. Im having trouble remembering.

Also, Janet did a lot of saving of the cult from the mafia's point of view. She WIFOMed orange mafia while convincing red mafia not to kill chris or sonya. I think they played very well, night-wise. Day wise she wasnt the best player but she wasnt the worst

Chris
October 12th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Ermm... please quote the times you saved Sonya. Im having trouble remembering.

By Claiming Cit, people thought I was a cult member and that Nina was my cult leader instead of coroner. I wasn't going to argue against that. Not to mention you all forgot about Sonya.

I shifted lots of attention onto me but it was proven that I could not be the leader, so a claimed power role become the next suspect right? Since there are no other power roles left for me to claim.

Also, if people thought I was cult member, lynching me would expose my role so you could kill the real leader. No one thought of that either.

I walked the narrow edge of death many times this game.

Verna
October 12th, 2011, 02:07 AM
Realistically - no one.

The person who comes closest to MVP for me is FalseTruth. Apart from the mass roleclaim, he was the reason why the vote switched momentum at day4. 10 pages before the day end there was one single random vote on Jack. But he had the knowledge and the balls to make a correct choice and what is more - actually get people to follow him. Because a huge part of the mafia game is not only making random lists with predictions but also convincing the other people to see things your way.(Hmm, I am going to bold this. :) ) You could hold over his head the fact that he mislynched Raiden or that he claimed executioner, but I wouldn't, he had his reasons. One of the biggest town mistakes was not protecting him the following night - not for his role, but for the good read he had on the game. He was definitely the most valuable player at that point of the game, then he died.

As a counter example to this I would point out vornskr - he knew who the cult leader was at day6, but didn't have what it took to step up and lead the town to the right choice. Just made a few unsure posts and gave in to the majority. Btw, if he had been more sure of himself I would be voting him for MVP with both hands, he did also complete his secondaries, which was a nice touch. Next time.

Giving the MVP to an evil role in this game is not serious. After the aforementioned mass roleclaim it was pretty clear who is town and who is not town. Yes, you couldn't know which one is which yet, in terms of exact role. And this is even before doing a single minute of post analysis. Sure there were 2-3 blank spots mainly because of inactives, but that wasn't due to some genius mafia plays. I guess receiving credit for their performance in their respective night chats is absolutely fine, but at day - nothing really noteworthy.

I can't believe people are giving credit to the low-priority scum for staying alive this long. They are only alive because of the fact they are low-priority scum, not because of anything they did - good or bad. Nobody cares about a disguiser, when they can lynch a Godfather or a Cult Leader or even a Spree killer. Also for the record, having 25 one liner posts does not equal "nobody suspects me". I saw some people celebrating how under the radar they were, found it amusing.

This has been my opinion for a week now, so if you are going to tell me how wrong I am - I can't really respond to you. Now that I have written this, I am sure Elixir will award MVP to some random scum.

Sonya
October 12th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Giving the MVP to an evil role in this game is not serious. After the aforementioned mass roleclaim it was pretty clear who is town and who is not town. Yes, you couldn't know which one is which yet, in terms of exact role. And this is even before doing a single minute of post analysis. Sure there were 2-3 blank spots mainly because of inactives, but that wasn't due to some genius mafia plays. I guess receiving credit for their performance in their respective night chats is absolutely fine, but at day - nothing really noteworthy.

Because its the evil roles' fault town mass-claimed? and now it is not serious to consider them? For the reference, claiming all roles at the start of the game would be a very easy way to win as town, why dont we just do it every game, where balance is rigged in towns favor so much. The outed scum who would have to lie day 1 and get caught easily is just not good enough.
The game was balanced around 1-2 more kpn but it didnt happen that way. It was very safe for town to do whatever retarded shit they wanted, such as mass claim. You got to give scum the credit of making town lynch wrong targets 7 times out of 8.

However miles killing 2 confirmed scum when town is strong as fuck, not very valuable imo.

Yvette
October 12th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Realistically - no one.

The person who comes closest to MVP for me is FalseTruth. Apart from the mass roleclaim, he was the reason why the vote switched momentum at day4. 10 pages before the day end there was one single random vote on Jack. But he had the knowledge and the balls to make a correct choice and what is more - actually get people to follow him. Because a huge part of the mafia game is not only making random lists with predictions but also convincing the other people to see things your way.(Hmm, I am going to bold this. :) )

This quote reflects my thoughts with almost perfect accuracy. FalseTruth has been a GREAT town leader, and that is a very important virtue to have in a forum mafia. I already stated that i would have done the same thing on Yvette if our places were switched. Maybe i wouldn't have investigated her, but with a guilty result and all the odds that happened (the other blocked person forgot to claim), there was nothing else he could do. I don't blame him. I blame all the (town) voters who believed him on his bullshit logic, and those who voted without giving any explanation while lurking all the way.

That said, there have been other people who played like this and were successful as long as they could. I won't rule out all the bad guys just because town chose to mass roleclaim, but i do rule out all the bad guys who sincerely roleclaimed. That was overly stupid of them, and in the end costed them their life and their chances of victory. I am talking about people like Alan.

Candice, Gladys and Jane/Rosenberg (the disguiser) also played a good game, not as impactful as the others (playerwise, because obviously the beast role had enormous impact), but a very good game nonetheless.

These are my candidates. Worst team is definitely the town. Best team is probably the Cult (not including one-person teams).

Velma
October 12th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Jane/Rosenberg should get MVP for perfectly timed disguise and successfully eluding town for two more days

Elizabeth
October 12th, 2011, 08:10 AM
This game, I hope the MVP to be a member of the winning faction. Candice was a Surivour who failed to survive, even if he did play well.

Alan
October 12th, 2011, 08:13 AM
That said, there have been other people who played like this and were successful as long as they could. I won't rule out all the bad guys just because town chose to mass roleclaim, but i do rule out all the bad guys who sincerely roleclaimed. That was overly stupid of them, and in the end costed them their life and their chances of victory. I am talking about people like Alan.

When I role claimed, I was still a town. I was culted the night after I roleclaimed.

Alan
October 12th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Jane/Rosenberg should get MVP for perfectly timed disguise and successfully eluding town for two more days

*ahem* read cult chat.

Yvette
October 12th, 2011, 08:19 AM
When I role claimed, I was still a town. I was culted the night after I roleclaimed.

My bad, i added those two sentences later and i didn't reread my post.

That said, there have been other people who played like this and were successful as long as they could. I am talking about people like Alan.

This is what i meant.

Velma
October 12th, 2011, 08:50 AM

*ahem* read cult chat.

*ahem* reread what i said

Alan
October 12th, 2011, 08:58 AM

*ahem* read cult chat.

*ahem* reread what i said

*ahem* you can't say a disguiser hided good just because you didn't notice him. Also I'm pretty sure vorn found him pretty soon.

Velma
October 12th, 2011, 09:01 AM
incorrect. Cult did not have the majority at that point so it really did not matter if they knew or not. And honestly, everything in this game is guessing and assumptions, no matter how Yayap you are with attempting to figure stuff out, there is still a chance you are wrong when you have no real proof to back up your theory.

Velma
October 12th, 2011, 09:03 AM
*ahem* you can't say a disguiser hided good just because you didn't notice him. Also I'm pretty sure vorn found him pretty soon.

everyone has their assumptions but I had no proof to prove if he was disguised or not. Don't make me out to be a fool in this game.

Candice
October 12th, 2011, 09:06 AM
This game, I hope the MVP to be a member of the winning faction. Candice was a Surivour who failed to survive, even if he did play well.

Don't even compare the survivor to my role. The two are like night and day.

Candice
October 12th, 2011, 09:17 AM

By the way, going out with my friends doesn't make me a bad player. Sorry I can't be on call every waking moment of the day so I can roleclaim as soon as the mayor reveals.

Velma
October 12th, 2011, 09:26 AM

By the way, going out with my friends doesn't make me a bad player. Sorry I can't be on call every waking moment of the day so I can roleclaim as soon as the mayor reveals.

I am in no way saying you are a bad player, stop assumng I'm trying to insult you. It was just a what if situation.

Velma
October 12th, 2011, 09:26 AM

They are identical

Velma
October 12th, 2011, 09:27 AM

They are identical with a different end result that causes people to shit their pants

fix'd

Candice
October 12th, 2011, 09:49 AM

They are identical

Yes, besides the fact that the survivor wins with any faction, and the beast wins alone, and causes everyone to lose. So everyone wants to kill one and everyone wants the other to vote with them.

Velma
October 12th, 2011, 09:58 AM

They are identical

Yes, besides the fact that the survivor wins with any faction, and the beast wins alone, and causes everyone to lose. So everyone wants to kill one and everyone wants the other to vote with them.

read my fix'd please

Candice
October 12th, 2011, 10:04 AM
I read it, it's no more true than it was before. We're talking about the difference between surviving incidental kills while no faction is actively seeking you out with 3-4 vests and surviving against 4 separate factions and 3-5 kpn, who all actively seeking to kill you so they do not lose, with only one vest. Not to mention my investigation gave me the option of a mafia role, a neutral, the mayor, and myself.

Jesse
October 12th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I think Jesse deserves it. He played brilliant and is sexy at the same time. He managed to be the best player without having much time.
He will be forever in my heart. Love you Jesse!

Emerald
October 12th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I think Jesse deserves it. He played brilliant and is sexy at the same time. He managed to be the best player without having much time.

I think you're right :3

Jimmy1
October 12th, 2011, 12:22 PM
So I take it that everybody is in agreement that Claw's vig claim deserves an MVP... :P

Emerald
October 12th, 2011, 12:25 PM

I think you're right :3

Edit: Since there's normally more than one MVP, Jerry should get it too. He killed everybody in an awesome fashion (and if it wasn't for these consenza town gallows, he would still be alive) and once again nobody saw what a danger he is. :3

Jimmy1
October 12th, 2011, 12:28 PM
You know Jerry is good because he killed the host: I agree... Still, Roger could've got an MVP if he just used the freakin' grenade!

Jesse
October 12th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Hm but Jesse played better than Jerry and is sexy.

Jerry
October 12th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Hm but Jesse played better than Jerry and is sexy.

Since Jerry survived way longer than Jesses its quite obvious he played better... but ok he's not that sexy

Verna
October 12th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Why is everybody forgetting Thomas. He was hilarious. His first post - "im vigi". Pure genius.
Also Jesse wins MSA - most sexy avatar.

Jesse
October 12th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Verna deserves an award for supporting Jesse I guess.

Thelma
October 12th, 2011, 02:05 PM
emerald.

buDDYBiAS!!

Elizabeth
October 12th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Day 1 Suspicion list of 6
Jimmy(Detecive)-Sorry :(
Joshua(Doctor)-Sorry :(
Thelma(Citizen)-Sorry :(
Jerry(GF)
Jesse(Enforcer)
Chris(Student)

Jimmy1
October 12th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Jerry(GF)
Jesse(Enforcer)
Chris(Student)

Well I'll take that as a good thing since I went along with Delores' fruit-trolling to appear scummier than everyone else and therefore survive night 1... I will admit, buddying with Delores was fun though :P

Thelma
October 12th, 2011, 05:16 PM
emerald.

buDDYBiAS!!

that came out odd.

Delores
October 12th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Jerry(GF)
Jesse(Enforcer)
Chris(Student)

Well I'll take that as a good thing since I went along with Delores' fruit-trolling to appear scummier than everyone else and therefore survive night 1... I will admit, buddying with Delores was fun though :P
That was the whole point of what I did. To draw as much attention to myself as possible, and not get killed. I wasnt in the line of fire, but I stayed close to it. Hence I wasn't night killed until I hinted my role to Velma and she outted me. I'm rather good at that kind of thing.
That, and I had fun doing it.

Elizabeth
October 12th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Jerry(GF)
Jesse(Enforcer)
Chris(Student)

That was the whole point of what I did. To draw as much attention to myself as possible, and not get killed. I wasnt in the line of fire, but I stayed close to it. Hence I wasn't night killed until I hinted my role to Velma and she outted me. I'm rather good at that kind of thing.
That, and I had fun doing it.
I thought you may very well be neutral, and said that I would kill you while "Anti-Janitorizing" my last will, but I never put down that I thought you were Mafia :P.

Different strategy then your other games, and since there was no drug dealers to trick people into thinking they had "vests"(it would be preaty cool if Drug Dealers could do that through "Magic Mushroom" or whatever you kids do these days btw), Armoursmiths are preaty much unlynchable, so it worked preaty well for your role. Gj with giveing all your items to Townies ;)

Elizabeth
October 12th, 2011, 06:51 PM
In all honesty, there are a lot of mistakes EVERYONE has made.

Addressing the other candidates for MVP:
Todd(Bertrand) - He logged on to vote whoever town thought was the best lynch. He didn't contribute much to discussion, so I don't think he deserves it.

Alan - A better choice than Bertrand, but still lacking in some ways. Vigilante is a role that is supposed to weigh the odds of a shot and not hesitate when it needs to be taken. I don't feel as though Alan's shots were used effectively at all.

Gladys - Depends on what occurs at night, but other than Jane, she is the best candidate for MVP. She faked Yayap well and the night chats demonstrate her intelligence.

Chris - Does not deserve MVP for reasons I cannot get into because it will reveal something I don't want Yayap to know about. I also saw many other problems with his play. I don't want to get into this, but Chris does not deserve MVP.

Delores - Just another person who roleclaimed when there was no reason to. There was no need to give cult so many roles. Velma confirming that she was town would have sufficed.

Ralph - From zero to hero. Unfortunately, he wasn't consistent throughout the game.

tldr; Jane>Gladys>Alan>Ralph

No one else played well enough to be considered imo.
Yeah, of the analysis of everyone, I agree with this the most. Unlike some previous games, I don't think any one played a perfect game.

Ralph uped his game a lot after I died, but was a bit of a wreck for Day 2 and 3, imo.

Alan was a preaty decent player, but nothing too special, and while Alan beat Thomas in quite a few places, I believe that Thomas was the better shooter. Alan's targets seemed a bit weak

Gladys and Jane were both good players. If either of them win, I think they should definately deserve MVP. It will be a tougher choice if Town wins, but even if that happend, they would both still be 2 of the biggest candadites.

Chris played preaty well, but I will say that he did end up on my day 1 suspicon list. I would be interested to hear what False has to say.

Jesse
October 13th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Elizabeth played horrible I think we can ignore "her".

Emerald
October 13th, 2011, 09:53 AM
emerald.

buDDYBiAS!!

that came out odd.

<3

Thomas
October 13th, 2011, 02:34 PM
William

Velma
October 13th, 2011, 03:45 PM
William

Should get LVP

Gladys
October 13th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Well...what an interesting game this was. That's about all that I have to say. It will FINALLY end.

Velma
October 13th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Comgrats you did will Gladys.

Gladys
October 13th, 2011, 04:08 PM
For some reason...i wanted to die long ago. I sensed the hatred of me long before I died.

FalseTruth
October 13th, 2011, 04:58 PM
<3 fred

Gladys
October 13th, 2011, 05:02 PM
ohhai false

: i have no vote for MVP, I'm undecided. :

FalseTruth
October 13th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Well, at this point Alan or Jane are the best candidates for MVP because fred did not play for his win condition.

tbh I don't think anyone deserves MVP. Maybe Thomas, like Yayap said.

Gladys
October 13th, 2011, 05:21 PM
False, a paradox presented itself to me and i came back with a different answer than is commonly expected. How does one win when presented with a situation that is already hopeless? It was almost impossible to play to win. What would anyone else have done in my situation? I did all that I could do on my own. In a 1v2v1 situation, you aren't left with real choices.

Gladys
October 13th, 2011, 05:25 PM
I'm looking forward to the next game. What will happen without the beast? :P

Velma
October 13th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I'm looking forward to the next game. What will happen without the beast? :P

no freak mass role claims?

FalseTruth
October 13th, 2011, 06:19 PM
False, a paradox presented itself to me and i came back with a different answer than is commonly expected. How does one win when presented with a situation that is already hopeless? It was almost impossible to play to win. What would anyone else have done in my situation? I did all that I could do on my own. In a 1v2v1 situation, you aren't left with real choices.

Actually, if you chose to kill Rosenberg the night that Roger died, you would have won. Ralph healed you and Rosenberg attacked Roger. Therefore, only you and Ralph would remain ending the game with a cult win.

Rosenberg
October 13th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Only if I had attacked Ralph, assuming Ralph healed Roger.

FalseTruth
October 13th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Only if I had attacked Ralph, assuming Ralph healed Roger.

Ralph healed Gladys.

Jane
October 13th, 2011, 06:43 PM
MileS, this next FM I shall hunt you down and have you killed. You can be certain of that. Oh, good job on disguising as me. You were practically cleared.

Velma
October 13th, 2011, 07:04 PM
*ahem* when will the dead chat be visible to non-forum mafia members, I wanna stop using this account XD

Joshua
October 13th, 2011, 07:08 PM

Actually, if you chose to kill Rosenberg the night that Roger died, you would have won. Ralph healed you and Rosenberg attacked Roger. Therefore, only you and Ralph would remain ending the game with a cult win.

why did the doc heal him? That was utterly stupid.....

Elizabeth
October 13th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Elizabeth played horrible I think we can ignore "her".
Why so much anger from so many people :(

Matthew
October 15th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Matthew for MVP.

Jerry
October 15th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Although I think Gladys did very very well both for Mafia and for Cult, thou she pretty much deserves mvp even if she does not win at the end