PDA

View Full Version : M-FM XXII Poll

Cryptonic
March 7th, 2014, 06:19 AM
M-FM XXII Poll is now live!

Vote on your favorite setup for the next M-FM!

This time around, the votes will be anonymous to prevent people from offering spots to voters. It does skew the votes more than I had initially considered. An SMod+ will be reviewing the votes to ensure no smurfs were used to add votes.

If you want, you may write a review on your setup and I will post it below!

Good luck to all participants.

1. Twist of Fate (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/24234-M-FM-Twisted-Fate) by Damus_Graves.

2. Bloodking (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/24579-M-FM-Bloodking) by Hypersniper.

3. Avatar- Book 2: Earth (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/26149-M-FM-Avatar-the-Last-Airbender-Book-2?p=428573#post428573) by Gerik and Slaol.

4. M-FM - Nasty Rumours Too (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/26157-M-FM-Nasty-Rumours-Too?p=428615#post428615) by Fragos.

5. M-FM Nutella (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/26159-M-FM-Nutella) by ypmagic.

6. M-FM Zombo (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/25712-M-FM-Zombo) by ika and RLVG.

7. M-FM Civilization (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/26194-M-FM-Civilization?) by Orpz and powerofdeath

Poll ends 5 days from now.

powerofdeath
March 7th, 2014, 01:56 PM
In the year 2025, the world went completely to shit. Rainstorms of nuclear missiles deluged upon the Earth, eradicating the entire population. The entire population, that is, except for the leaders of the world and a ragtag band of their former militaries. As they stepped out of their military-grade nuclear bunkers, the radiation transfigured them into past leaders from countries not necessarily their own. For instance, United States president Broseph Kellan walked around in the figure of Queen Elizabeth.

Futuristic telecommunications made it possible for them to meet up. Two years ago, the first meeting was held in what was once Paris. The warmongers from the past age had no problem finding their own, and their alliance mercilessly gunned down leaders of innocent countries.

Now, a second meeting is being called in New York. The "free world" has gathered enough members to seek out the marauders alliance and stamp them out in an attempt to end all war on Earth.

Seeking a challenge, the warmongers come, disguised as peaceful delegates. Unknown to all of them, a certain Pacal, an Ancient Era Mayan, is among them waiting for the opportunity to bring Doomsday again -- this time permanantly.

Hosted by Orpz and Powerofdeath

AppleyNO
March 7th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Will you reveal who voted for who after the game actually begins?

Cryptonic
March 7th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Will you reveal who voted for who after the game actually begins?

after the game starts, sure.

Slaol
March 7th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Everyone who voted for us, will priority get a slot in the game!

Wut. You all there right now bro?

You can't give them spots because the information will not be released until the game begins

Cryptonic
March 7th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Wut. You all there right now bro?

You can't give them spots because the information will not be released until the game begins

i voted for pod's, i promise
and yours, i promise

Slaol
March 7th, 2014, 04:39 PM
i voted for pod's, i promise
and yours, i promise

Guaranteed spot!

Damus_Graves
March 7th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Lets face it.
Houston wins again.

CmG
March 7th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Why is there no setup made from a girl? I only vote for those! Oh wait ther eis one from Gerik and Slaol! That will do i guess! ;P

louiswill
March 7th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Everyone should vote MFM civilization because that eliminate two powerful players Pod and OrpZ.

That is the way to win.

Slaol
March 7th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Everyone should vote MFM civilization because that eliminate two powerful players Pod and OrpZ.

That is the way to win.

Yes. Release Slaol and Gerik unto the world.
Muhuhuahahahahahah

louiswill
March 7th, 2014, 06:32 PM
Yes. Release Slaol and Gerik unto the world.
Muhuhuahahahahahah

Ahh...you see through my intention...

Because when slaol and Gerik are in the game, the only way players should play is that side with them and hope to win.:D

There is no chance to publicly play against slaol and Gerik and survive! they is allmighty.----I hope to play WITH slaol and have an easy win.

Orpz
March 7th, 2014, 07:15 PM
looks like i need to step up the appeal

you should vote for me because 9/11 was a national tragedy. todays college kids need a little help affording tuition. I will create more jobs on american soil. I believe the only 3 letters you need to learn in school is U, S, and A.

god bless

Hypersniper
March 9th, 2014, 01:08 PM
voted for orpz and pods m-fm

and lol who voted mine

louiswill
March 9th, 2014, 01:53 PM
looks for 3 more votes on Orpz, otherwise I'm going to sell cabbage.

Yayap
March 11th, 2014, 02:33 AM
16287 M-FM Civilization - by Orpz and powerofdeath

After reviewing the setups, I think this setup has the best chance to be balanced. The other top contenders are flirting too close to being a reverse mafia setup.

Now ... to get more votes on this setup.

Cryptonic
March 11th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Just under 22 hours remaining to vote.

Helios
March 11th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Still for Slaol and Geriks one looks interesting has Avatar in it what do you want more.

powerofdeath
March 11th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Still for Slaol and Geriks one looks interesting has Avatar in it what do you want more.

Look interesting =/= fun set up

Helios
March 11th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Well could be still im new to the Fm forum and his fm is pretty easy to understand self for beginners, yours thought has so many mechanics that i got bitchslapped from it (doesnt mean i dont like many mechanics, but i will go with one i think is easier for now). :D

powerofdeath
March 11th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Well could be still im new to the Fm forum and his fm is pretty easy to understand self for beginners, yours thought has so many mechanics that i got bitchslapped from it (doesnt mean i dont like many mechanics, but i will go with one i think is easier for now). :D

Understood :)

Damus_Graves
March 11th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Anyone who has generously voted for my setup plox move your vote to Slaol and Gerik's game.
We like them and we want Houston to be victory.
But mostly its because his game has the most potential to be funniest.

happyowns
March 11th, 2014, 10:18 PM
mfm civillization rules!! I butchered the spelling

ika
March 11th, 2014, 10:22 PM
i say civilzation should have a go. slaol has hosted enough m-fm and new hosts should have oppertunities

lyciimarieee
March 11th, 2014, 10:27 PM
yay for M-FM Civilization

Orpz
March 11th, 2014, 11:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPUHdUMc5Zo

Gyver
March 12th, 2014, 06:49 AM
I don't know the challenges of running two simultanious games but there are enough people voting for both Avatar and Civ to fill both games

Cryptonic
March 12th, 2014, 07:00 AM
I don't know the challenges of running two simultanious games but there are enough people voting for both Avatar and Civ to fill both games

You also need to subtract the hosts, add reserves for each game, not count players who voted for other games because they may not be willing to sign for the others, and to consider users who voted but will not sign. 45 ppl total filling 40 slots + hosts atm.

Other than that, there really isn't any challenges in running two games. Last time, they delayed eachother by having 48 hour nights, but that's the only problem I really noticed.

Gerik
March 12th, 2014, 07:29 AM
i say civilzation should have a go. slaol has hosted enough m-fm and new hosts should have oppertunities

Slaol has hosted a total of 2 M-FMs. And PoD co-hosted M-FM 20, so if he hosted this game, it would put him at 2 as well. Plus, I think voting based on hosts is the wrong way to go about it. You should vote based on which setup you want to play regardless of who's hosting it. If there's a person who hosts a lot of games, maybe it's because they tend to create games that people enjoy.

That being said- if you're getting sick of us, fear not! This will be the last M-FM Slaol and I host together for quite some time, so plenty of other hosts will have a chance to host their games.

louiswill
March 12th, 2014, 10:07 AM
You should vote based on which setup you want to play regardless of who's hosting it.

:)I wonder how many people are voting as such, the polarized voting board gives it away.

Citrus
March 12th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Slaol has hosted a total of 2 M-FMs. And PoD co-hosted M-FM 20, so if he hosted this game, it would put him at 2 as well. Plus, I think voting based on hosts is the wrong way to go about it. You should vote based on which setup you want to play regardless of who's hosting it. If there's a person who hosts a lot of games, maybe it's because they tend to create games that people enjoy.

That being said- if you're getting sick of us, fear not! This will be the last M-FM Slaol and I host together for quite some time, so plenty of other hosts will have a chance to host their games.

But what about Book 3 :(

I'm excited to hopefully play, it's been a long stretch since FM-XX for me

Slaol
March 12th, 2014, 10:27 AM

Scheduling will make Book 3 impossible for some time.

One day, we just don't know when.

Citrus
March 12th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Scheduling will make Book 3 impossible for some time.

One day, we just don't know when.

Put Book 3 in the queue for major FM then? Finish off the series with a bang ^^

Cryptonic
March 12th, 2014, 10:48 AM
FINAL VOTE TALLY:
(After deducting smurfs and blacklist voters)

1. Twist of Fate by Damus_Graves.

VOTES: 3

2. Bloodking by Hypersniper.

VOTES: 0

3. Avatar- Book 2: Earth by Gerik and Slaol.

VOTES: 19

4. Nasty Rumours Too by Fragos.

5. Nutella by ypmagic.

6. Zombo by ika and RLVG.

VOTES: 1

7. Civilization by Orpz and powerofdeath

VOTES: 17

Congratulations Gerik & Slaol! You will be the hosts of M-FM XXII. You may post your signups whenever, but may not start the game until I approve it; should be before your signups fill, I would hope lol.

louiswill
March 12th, 2014, 11:00 AM
I think smurfs votes should receive a penalty.

Apache
March 12th, 2014, 11:04 AM
i saw a vote vanishing after the pull has concluded, was that counted

Cryptonic
March 12th, 2014, 11:31 AM
i saw a vote vanishing after the pull has concluded, was that counted

No, there was no way to verify if it was a legitimate vote.

Gerik
March 12th, 2014, 12:31 PM

Book 2 hasn't even started yet and you're already asking about Book 3?! Glad to see you're excited to play! It's comforting to know that you (and ~15 other people if the votes are any indicator) are not yet weary of our hosting.

Don't fret, my friend. There will be a Book 3! I promise you that. :)

That's not a bad idea you have there about ending the series with a bang. That is among the ideas we have discussed- we agree that there should be a grand finale to our Avatar FM series. But as to whether or not that will happen, well... You'll just have to wait and see. ;)

But we are getting ahead of ourselves. Aang still must master earth bending before he can hope to defeat the Fire Lord. Can the GAang master earth bending and protect Ba Sing Se from Azula and the Dai Li? Find out in:

Book 2:Earth

Signups coming soon™

Apache
March 12th, 2014, 12:49 PM
please provide a list of votes that are void

Slaol
March 12th, 2014, 12:51 PM
please provide a list of votes that are void

Once the game begins so it doesn't reveal people that voted

Apache
March 12th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Once the game begins so it doesn't reveal people that voted

i meant only the void ones

Cryptonic
March 12th, 2014, 01:17 PM
i meant only the void ones

I still don't want to provide any information regarding the poll results before the game starts. I will definitely post the complete poll, showing which votes were voided, afterwards. Why do you want to know so urgently lol. If you're curious about your own vote, I am willing to tell you about your own via PM.

creedkingsx
March 12th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Why do you want to know so urgently lol.

That ^

Apache
March 12th, 2014, 01:51 PM
i'm just curious why so many votes were void
lol i know who i voted for :D

Cryptonic
March 12th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Ah, people's votes were voided either because they had voted on previous polls without signing for the game, or other other reasons that had already been passed along to the user(s).

Orpz
March 12th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Congrats ^^ it was close

louiswill
March 12th, 2014, 02:40 PM
My vote must has been avoided because I didn't sign up previous mfm. :(

Cryptonic
March 12th, 2014, 02:53 PM
M-FM XXI isn't included, because I was never provided with signups lol. I have no way of no way of knowing who voted for Porio's game and didn't sign.

Cryptonic
March 13th, 2014, 12:05 PM
For those of you crying foul, I can assure you that the removal of any non-smurf accounts from the poll would not have changed the outcome.

1 vote was removed from M-FM Bloodking.
1 vote was removed from M-FM Nutella.
3 votes were removed from M-FM Avatar Book 2.
1 vote was removed from M-FM Civilization.

Regardless of how you put these numbers in, the outcome is still the same. Even if the 1 vote was not removed from M-FM Civilization and the 3 votes were removed from M-FM Avatar Book 2, M-FM Avatar Book 2 still wins.

I request people direct their complaints & concerns to me.

Slaol
March 13th, 2014, 09:48 PM

We can look into this. Sadly the major FMs are booked up through 25 at this point. So, it will be like a year or so :(

Yayap
March 14th, 2014, 02:39 AM
Sadly the major FMs are booked up through 25 at this point.

This is a lie... lynch Slaol!

Slaol

Nick
March 14th, 2014, 03:31 AM
We can look into this. Sadly the major FMs are booked up through 25 at this point. So, it will be like a year or so :(

Run Book 3a and Book 3b as M-FMs simultaneously, survivors proceed immediately to Book 3c.

Hmm... this is a poisonous idea...

Luna broke an FM into smaller S-FMs. I'm just proposing a reverse...

Cryptonic
March 15th, 2014, 05:52 PM
M-FM Avatar: Apache, AppleyNO, Azuriae, Bahkieh, Banshis, Buccable, ckMistro, CmG, creedkingsx, Damus_Graves, Fragos, fred is dead, Frog, Gerik, Glip, Gyver, Helios, Numbertwo, Raptorblaze, Slaol, Syrusion

M-FM Civilization: 42shadow42, Boss, Brendan, Citrus, happyowns, Hypersniper, ika, Kusco, louiswill, lyciimarieee, Orpz, Poriomania, potledom, Rocshi, Titus, Tonex, Yayap

M-FM Twist of Fate: Bunny, Cryptonic, Dagaen

M-FM Bloodking: Nick

M-FM Nutella: Nicole