PDA

View Full Version : The 15 Citizen Bug

ToxicRainbow
March 7th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Ok guys i'm ToxicRainbow a nobody with 2500 points but that is irrelevant because I stumbled upon a bug that could ruin the point of gaining points the normal way of playing.
So let me tell you about the bug. Its a bug that starts up with UNSTABLE RATES going over 1000% This pretty much fucks everything up and turns all random roles into citizens and set roles into what they are. Basicly after night 1 everyone wins and gets points for doing fucking nothing.
How the fuck did this happen you ask? Il tell you everything in steps
1.So this guy was afk and instead of pretty -repick I pressed -save (facepalm) and it deleted my save with shitty settings
2. So I got host and i'm like "Fuck" so then I pick in all the roles from my old save but then I noticed alot of people left so I deleted the set roles and random roles to make room. (only jailor was left as a set role)
3. I started the game and instantly *UNSTABLE SETUP* and it would pause for like 30 seconds and then it goes 1000% FAILURE RATE.
4. This fucks up the random roles and turns them into citizens and since jailor was the only set role for my save after night 1 everyone won and got free points.
5. So then I was like "Shit what do I do?"
6. Then BrockSamson one of the mods I played with was like "report it to the forums" but then I sorta wanted to show him the bug so then I did it again but then 10 people crashed at the UNSTABLE SETUP Phase. Leaving only 5 people.
7. In my conclusion this is a game breaking bug that could hatch "point farmers" and game crashers who uses this save.
8. Mafia PLEASE PLEASE Fix this before everyone knows about this, I can only hope that it gets fixed in time before the Shitstorm happens.

Mugy
March 7th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Please provide replays so we can investigate this in-depth.

ToxicRainbow
March 7th, 2014, 01:36 AM
Please provide replays so we can investigate this in-depth.

Sorry but how do you submit replays?

Mugy
March 7th, 2014, 01:41 AM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/17179-How-to-upload-a-Replay-to-the-Website?p=276289#post276289

Xentios
March 7th, 2014, 02:00 AM
Really who does play mafia to farm points?

I think best solution is not to let a setup pass setup phase if it is over %10 failure rate.

So check setup when start is pressed , if it has failure rate over %10 print it and directly repick to another guy.

This will not only fix this problem, It would also stop some of the random setup makers in pub games with no setup and no brain.

Useless DNR ps:Why this topic has a "thumps down" icon with name "thumps Up"
DNR*: Do not read
ps: Sorry about wasting your 10 sec.Or if you are slow reader lets call it 20 sec. Also the more i write the more time you lose so i shut up now.

Helios
March 7th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Well this can provide some problems, my setups strenghts town a bit so it is unstable at times (depends on how many player are ingame) with around 10-20%.

EDIT: Normally you shouldnt get points when winning d1, thought that was implented a long time ago?

ToxicRainbow
March 7th, 2014, 05:04 PM

I think I did this correctly. Anyways Before 1:52 you can see the settings and my roles I have selected.
At 1:52 The Setup Failure occurs and this even pauses the replay. Just wait 20 seconds to see the mass of people who disconnected/or left
In the game you can see the role list consists of only citizens and a jailor. In the deaths of n1 (from disconnecting/leaving) Everyone was citizen with one jailor also included in the death list
After the game the people who stayed won and got an achievement Hammer and Sickle (Please remove that from me and the points that came with it)

Helz
April 7th, 2014, 02:48 PM
I suppose this is what happens when that 1.9% failure rate hits. Keeping this for a reference to see if it comes up again.

Tamrae
July 11th, 2014, 02:50 PM
I have seen this happen at least 4 times in the past 2 weeks. It seems like a purposeful attempt at trolling. The last of which I just now experienced was set up by Tafkal. I do not know how to upload replays in thread replies but I have 2 replays of this.

Helz
July 12th, 2014, 05:36 AM
The replay is in your sc folder. There is a "manage attachments" button under the text block when creating a topic. Specific instructions can be found at the top of the player reports section.

Tamrae
July 12th, 2014, 04:54 PM
I know how when making new topics but I can't add it to this one huh?

Cryptonic
July 12th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I know how when making new topics but I can't add it to this one huh?

You'll need to press "Go Advanced" at the bottom