PDA

View Full Version : Day IX Discussion: Cease Fire

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 10:06 PM
They seem pretty armed for a cease fire...

Todd
October 10th, 2011, 10:09 PM
This game is dragging out too long, I kind of want the next forum mafia to start allready. Why no kills?

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Orange didnt want to kill.

Even if he did, Grave robber had a block and used it on him to force a standoff

Jimmy1
October 10th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I think Roger should use his grenade...

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Dark.Revenant (New Marais Firing Squad): Electrocuted by Cole MacGrath [Day VIII]
BlastYoBoots (New Marais Firing Squad): Electrocuted by Cole MacGrath [Day VIII]
Elixir (New Marais Firing Squad): Electrocuted by Cole MacGrath [Day VIII]
Refurbished Cosenza Town Gallows (Gallows): Blown up by a Stinger Missile. [Day VIII]
Narks (New Marais Militia Backup Divison): Killed in an Ionic Storm [Day VIII]
Steak (New Marais Militia Backup Divison): Killed in an Ionic Storm [Day VIII]

Just noticed.... So..... Whos fired the damn explosives? Those were pretty annoying.

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:39 PM
FUCK YOU GLADYS, YOU FUCKING POOR SPORT, fred fucking realized he couldn't win so hes making Mafia win. Not even gonna try to win. Just gonna fucking HAND the win over to orange mafia. WHAT FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Gladys should get the game-throwing award

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 11:45 PM
He's aiming to have the town back him up against Rosenberg to give cult the win.

Hes saying if they dont help him win, he'll help orange win.

It's not a game throw its an all in

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Hes asking for a game throw from town or hes game throwing.

Definition of the game-throwing award

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Do you have any other better idea how cult could have pulled it off last night?

Keep in mind Rosenberg didnt want to shoot.

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:49 PM
um shoot a townie, cult pretty much has their best odds right now. If it was Alan, they all would have lost by now, same with Jesse

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 11:50 PM
FUCK YOU GLADYS, YOU FUCKING POOR SPORT, fred fucking realized he couldn't win so hes making Mafia win. Not even gonna try to win. Just gonna fucking HAND the win over to orange mafia. WHAT FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Gladys should get the game-throwing award

Velma that isn't game throwing. Gladys simply realizes that it will come down to the towns descion on whos going to win. Shes making the ultimatium come now, either orange mafia or cult. Now.. Either way town would be deciding the mafia's fate, short of a 1v1 situtation. Shes simply taking towns chances of victory out of the equation.

You could however argue that town is going to let a mafia win finally, but I do not see anything wrong with what glady is doing. CALM THE HELL DOWN.

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I needed to rant because towns chance of winning has come down to an "I win, or you lose", situation. Rather than town losing by someone who wins from making them lose.

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:56 PM
its exactly what candice said earlier with Gladys doing the derp derp derp derp revenge derp move.

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 11:58 PM
its exactly what candice said earlier with Gladys doing the derp derp derp derp revenge derp move.

Maybe it's just a goddamn PLOY.... ARE YOU AGAINST PLOYS? It's fine...... There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with what gladys is doing. I think it might actually REDUCE his chances of winning but that is a calculated risk.

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 12:39 AM
it essentially reduces his chances of winning to 0%

Most people would agree Rosenberg played a better game than Gladys did.
Mafia hasnt won yet.
And I think Roger is perma-afk.

also, theres not much to ploy at this stage in the game

Todd
October 11th, 2011, 12:43 AM
do you guys ever sleep?

Verna
October 11th, 2011, 12:44 AM
This is a situation that doesn't have a right answer as I told you yesterday. Gladys' block move was unnecessary, because he is going to have the exact same night repeat twice. Why would the town ever side with one of the evil factions on the vote - this is not in their best interest in any case - Gladys' plea seems like a very pathetic attempt to me. But you can't really blame him for trying, maybe it is his lucky day and town will side with him.

His ultimatum is invalid - they vote with him or he will shoot Ralph and then Rosenberg will be free to kill him and take the game.(this is not game throwing in such a game scenario). The problem with this is that the doctor obviously sees this coming and he could heal Gladys which would make the game a 1v1v1.(obviously a 1v1v1 is preferable from a town's point of view to an instaloss)

Now - Rosenberg can predict that the doctor will heal Gladys and shoot Roger and win a 1v1 vs the cult as higher priority. But again the others can predict that he will predict this and switch their targets once more. And you can really go forever in this giant circle of wifoming. So there isn't really a right choice here.

And Deathfire, why are you bitching about town winning this, when you and darthsand basically threw a won game when you had a CONFIRMED cult leader and you choose to lynch an afk spree killer.

Chris
October 11th, 2011, 12:45 AM
do you guys ever sleep?

Yes, I sleep during the day. Some are EU players. Why aren't in bed, it's past your curfew.

Theodore
October 11th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Everyone, cease fire. This is not a warzone.

Let's just all agree on a few things:

1) Game was fun
2) Someone or no one will 100% win the game
3) I am uber awesome
4) Elixir's accent sounds funny
5) Yayap is Canadian: Show Me Your Genitals (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqXi8WmQ_WM#ws)
6) Fred is Plato's alt
7) Some people give too much of a shit about shit that doesn't matter as much as they think it does. Refer to #5 for more info.

Moral of the story is: Hai, I'm Theodore and I don't feel like reading Velma argue with <insert name here> in dead discussion.

Theodore
October 11th, 2011, 01:27 AM
I Think Big Letters Convince People Of Things Better Than Small Letters
I would like to point out that I like to bold random things to get people to listen to me.

Lists
Are
Also
Really
Fun
To
Make

And don't forget spoilerinception

Jimmy1
October 11th, 2011, 07:45 AM
You guys underestimate the power of Roger's grenade... IT WILL KILL US ALL!!!

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 08:08 AM
i wasnt gonna argue in the first place but ralph just rovd that gladys' ploy was stupid.

Candice
October 11th, 2011, 08:12 AM
By 100% choosing to kill the doctor tonight he increases his chance of victory from 33% to 50% by removing the town's chance of victory from the equation. Rosenburg's action does not affect this chance of victory, as his action determines gladys' win or loss(50-50). So uh, yeah, it's not quite 0%.

Sonya
October 11th, 2011, 08:20 AM
If i was him id still try and make nobody win.

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 08:25 AM
By 100% choosing to kill the doctor tonight he increases his chance of victory from 33% to 50% by removing the town's chance of victory from the equation. Rosenburg's action does not affect this chance of victory, as his action determines gladys' win or loss(50-50). So uh, yeah, it's not quite 0%.

It rosen dies. Cult wins.
If cult dies and one town dies. Mafia wins
If two towns die. Mafia wins

Cult is still at 33%

Candice
October 11th, 2011, 08:42 AM
I guess the answer is pretty obvious then what Gladys' action will be.

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 08:56 AM
I guess the answer is pretty obvious then what Gladys' action will be.

eithr shes gonna give up or hand the town the win

Jane
October 11th, 2011, 09:32 AM
This is what I think. If Gladys really is going to shoot Ralph then it is in Rosenberg's best interest to shoot Gladys. Thus to make it a prisoner's dilemma Ralph should heal Gladys. Then it would be 1v1v1 with a no-lynch very probable. Cult and orange mafia would (should) shoot each other leaving Roger as the only player alive. Gladys seems bent on town losing so this won't work. :'( I wish Gladys was rational.

Jane
October 11th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Whoops I should read Verna's post before I come up with something. It did feel good to think of something that I had thought that no one else had thought of.

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 10:23 AM
im not sure what gladys is doing anymore, is he wifoming rosenberg into not attacking him? I thought he was bent on town losing, now hes bent on mafia losing >.<?

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 10:29 AM
also we should probs start signups for FM6 pretty soon. whats the theme rev chose?

Candice
October 11th, 2011, 10:46 AM
That's up to DR to reveal.

Yvette
October 11th, 2011, 11:14 AM
There has been a discussion about FM6 and 7, and here are the two possibilities:

1) Rev is starting FM6 sunday the 23rd
2) Rev switches with me and illidan and we start our FM this week

Before 2 happens, we have to wait for his permission in order to start signups and stuff. Last word is his.

Jimmy1
October 11th, 2011, 11:34 AM
After reading the Mafia chat I have a question: when exactly did I hint at being an invest?

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 01:27 PM
After reading the Mafia chat I have a question: when exactly did I hint at being an invest?

you didn't but Janet did. Hence why I prodded her day 2. Turns out she was mafia and she outed me day 3

Velma
October 11th, 2011, 03:05 PM
elixir, if ralph never changes his vote, no one can be lynched, just end the day already this is boring.

Elixir
October 11th, 2011, 05:20 PM
You make it sound like I'm at my pc 24/7.

I won't be home from uni for ages.

Deal with it.

Joshua
October 11th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Got anything else for us to read elixir? Perhaps all of the secondary goals?

Delores
October 11th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Point of acting scummy and useless=Mafia don't kill you till you role claim, or act more pro town.

Delores
October 11th, 2011, 06:45 PM
I want the orange mafia chat now.

Elixir
October 11th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Not revealing secondary goals till game end... even then I might only reveal the completed ones.

Elixir
October 11th, 2011, 08:23 PM
All remaining forums should now be open for your viewing

I am only taking pm actions from now on as there is nothing to discuss really.

Jimmy1
October 11th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Out of curiosity, what would happen if the enforcer enforced the disguiser (or the disguiser target) on the night he made a kill?

Elixir
October 11th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Nothing because the disguisers role doesn't actually change.

Joshua
October 11th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Enforcer prevents changing of a role, however a disguiser does not ever change his role. He kills someone then appears to be that person. He changes his "person".

Jimmy1
October 11th, 2011, 09:49 PM
OK, I never knew that so thanks