PDA

View Full Version : Day VIII Discussion: Showdown

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Who is going to win?

Sonya
October 10th, 2011, 01:45 AM
town. if bitches keep bitching that cult is op, i will feel sorry for them.

Chris
October 10th, 2011, 01:46 AM
So the most hated player has reached the dead chat. Hi guys.

I did the math last night, if everyone plays smart, Red has next to 0% chance of winning.
Orange and cult should lynch the GF because he can't be killed at night.

Amber
October 10th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Pity, I thought the surveillance equipment had this.

LOL.

I loved that.

Alan
October 10th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Hai!

Nice RP elixir :P

Brian
October 10th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Uhm, replying to philie's post from the previous day thread...

You had a choice, when you recruited Alan. Could have recruited Ralph or Thomas instead, would have saved your life.

Theodore
October 10th, 2011, 02:12 AM
Everyone, just chill. This day is about relaxation. Let's watch events unfold at their own pace without arguing about how terrible player A or player B played.

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Town would have had this if they didn't lose Camera.

Todd
October 10th, 2011, 02:13 AM
why does it say there are 6 roles left with 5 players alive?

Brian
October 10th, 2011, 02:15 AM
The disguiser cleaning, even though its obvious to everyone who the disguiser is now...

Todd
October 10th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Oh ok... this is whats gonna happen

Rosenberg, Roger, and Ralph vote off Jerry

Ralph heals roger then the mafia that kills ralph is screwed so both mafia will kill each other and town wins!

Jimmy1
October 10th, 2011, 02:51 AM
1) Epic RP is epic
2) It's obvious that Jesse will be lynched, but I don't know about the mafia killing each other. Imagine this scenario: the two mafia agree to kill Ralph instead. If both mafia follow through, it's up to Roger to decide who wins. If one side follows through, the betraying mafia team will win. If neither person follows through, then the town wins...

Chris
October 10th, 2011, 02:53 AM
2) It's obvious that Jesse will be lynched

Yes, lynching a dead person is smart. Must make sure that he can't come back to life.

Jimmy1
October 10th, 2011, 02:55 AM
In short, Rosenberg and Gladys could recognize the fact that killing each other makes them both lose and instead they could kill Ralph to make it so Roger decides the winner the next day. If there isn't a lynch the next day, then the same situation arises where agreement gives them each a 50% shot.

Oh crap I meant Jerry... All of the names are running together now: Verna/Velma, Jesse/Jerry, etc...

Verna
October 10th, 2011, 04:26 AM
So why did the student choose a mentor on night 4 when the role description states that the mentor must be chosen the first day or night?

Brian
October 10th, 2011, 04:32 AM
Thats an error in the description, Student would be a stupid role if he was forced to randomly choose his mentor at the start of the game... It would be like putting a Random Any in the role list instead of a Student.

Chris
October 10th, 2011, 04:35 AM
So why did the student choose a mentor on night 4 when the role description states that the mentor must be chosen the first day or night?

I noticed that and asked Elixir that very question. He said I could wait.

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 04:39 AM
On the first day or night you may choose a Mentor.

first day or night you may choose a Mentor.

you may choose a Mentor.

you may

Does not equal you must.

Verna
October 10th, 2011, 04:40 AM
REALLY?

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 04:52 AM
REALLY?

Yes.

You were wrong, you were corrected.

Chris
October 10th, 2011, 04:56 AM
REALLY?

Really !
See, I can prove it by not picking a mentor night 1. Oh wait, I did.

Thomas
October 10th, 2011, 07:21 AM
my last will wasnt chancged f u

Jesse
October 10th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm sexy.

Candice
October 10th, 2011, 09:27 AM
You're still shit at tactics "Chris"

Jesse
October 10th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Why did I suicide? Elixir just wanted me to die, because I'm the best.

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 10:07 AM
HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. MOST EPIC FIGHT EVER! Amazing, Elixir! AWESOME! Anyways.

This is how I HOPE it goes down for de lulz:
Lynch Jerry
Kill Ralph
Lynch Roger
Kill EACHOTHER

No one wins.

Wait. QUESTION! CAN GLADYS STEAL AN ABILITY/USE AN ABILITY AND KILL SOMEONE SAME NIGHT? and can a mafia attack be roleblocked?

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Here's how I HOPE it goes.

Lynch Gladys
Rosenberg and Jerry try to kill each other. Rosenberg dies.
Town lynches Jerry.

Alan
October 10th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Wait. QUESTION! CAN GLADYS STEAL AN ABILITY/USE AN ABILITY AND KILL SOMEONE SAME NIGHT?
I don't think so.

and can a mafia attack be roleblocked?

Why not?

Jane
October 10th, 2011, 10:09 AM
This showdown is in slo-mo. :-\

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 10:11 AM
it really. is.

I VOTE ELIXIR CHANGES THE TIMES DOWN TO 12 HOURS PER NIGHT/DAY

Todd
October 10th, 2011, 10:13 AM
1) Epic RP is epic
2) It's obvious that Jesse will be lynched, but I don't know about the mafia killing each other. Imagine this scenario: the two mafia agree to kill Ralph instead. If both mafia follow through, it's up to Roger to decide who wins. If one side follows through, the betraying mafia team will win. If neither person follows through, then the town wins...

but would you really trust the other guy to follow through when he could just take the cake and win?

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Also, Yayap getting Student AGAIN=RIGGED AS ALL FUCK!

Todd
October 10th, 2011, 10:18 AM
so who thinks ralph is bullshitting with his whole heal plan? lets say it is true though

mafia vote each other, jerry gets killed
ralph heals one of them, mafia attack each other
now you have a 1v3 and town wins. However if they both attack town that night realizing they can't win by attacking mafia you could have a 1v1v1. The thing Ralph doesn't get is that lynching a townie is just handing the game to red which I'm sure orange doesn't want to do.

Todd
October 10th, 2011, 10:19 AM
1v2*

Todd
October 10th, 2011, 10:20 AM
also it could be a 1v1v1 or just a 1v1, man my math is really bad today

Todd
October 10th, 2011, 10:33 AM
hmmm jerry and gladys are on the same team right? wtf take one for the team bitch

Jane
October 10th, 2011, 10:34 AM
One of them is culted. Afaik its Gladys who is culted.

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:07 AM
and now we wait for roger to come on and hammer. OR for rosenberg to hammer

Jimmy1
October 10th, 2011, 11:12 AM
so who thinks ralph is bullshitting with his whole heal plan? lets say it is true though

mafia vote each other, jerry gets killed
ralph heals one of them, mafia attack each other
now you have a 1v3 and town wins. However if they both attack town that night realizing they can't win by attacking mafia you could have a 1v1v1. The thing Ralph doesn't get is that lynching a townie is just handing the game to red which I'm sure orange doesn't want to do.

This scenario is the mafia's only shot, and I'll reiterate why.

Let's say Gladys and Rosenburg both agree to kill the doctor tonight, leaving a 1v1v1 situation tomorrow. If they both follow through with their end of the deal, they each have a 50% shot at winning. If one person gets greedy and kills the other, they win. However, if both players get greedy, town wins. This is WIFOM at it's best...

Jimmy1
October 10th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Wait crap I quoted the wrong post: this is the right one:

1) Epic RP is epic

but would you really trust the other guy to follow through when he could just take the cake and win?

Candice
October 10th, 2011, 11:14 AM
How I would have played this day from Gladys' perspective:
Lynch Rosenburg to make sure you cannot be killed at night
Graverob Olga
Convince Vorn & Roger to lynch Jerry, or they will lose. Which they will.
Use Olga's power to kill Vorn, win by a 1-1 scenario.

How Gladys chose to play it:
DERP DERP DERP REVENGE DERP

Candice
October 10th, 2011, 11:16 AM
This is assuming Jerry would choose not to kill in this scenario and place himself into a 1v1v1 scenario(which is honestly the most retarded fucking thing to ever do. Yeah, just let a third party decide who wins. Best strat ever!)

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Graverob Olga

LOL, one problem. Vorn is medic. He visits Roger night gladys uses kill no kill

Candice
October 10th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Graverob Olga

One problem. You didn't read what I said at all.

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Graverob Olga

One problem. You didn't read what I said at all.

um you didn't read what you said. Try again

Candice
October 10th, 2011, 11:21 AM
And even if he did attack Roger, spree killer kills everyone in the house. The kill would go through onto vorn.

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:23 AM
there ya go.

now you fixed yourself, you said kill vorn and win in 1v1 situation which means roger is still alive which means he used spree killer on vorn. Which wouldnt work if vorn visited roger that night and no one was home.

Jimmy1
October 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Out of curiosity, what would've happened if Jerry and Gladys were the last 2 people alive?

Yvette
Graverob Olga

Hmm i don't think there was a chance for lynching anyone besides the GF today, so it was either Gladys or Jerry. Now everyone seems to have (finally) got grasp of the situation, and jerry is going to die. Robbing Olga would have been smart, but not resolutive. Town has good chances to win this.

Velma
red mafia wins. Mafia wins over cult

Jimmy1
October 10th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Oh yeah, thanks Velma (though this scenario is now impossible)

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Graverob Olga

Hmm i don't think there was a chance for lynching anyone besides the GF today, so it was either Gladys or Jerry. Now everyone seems to have (finally) got grasp of the situation, and jerry is going to die. Robbing Olga would have been smart, but not resolutive. Town has good chances to win this.

Honestly, its all left up to WIFOM. Town has 25% chance of winning. That is if they both get greedy and kill each other. I dont think Gladys wants town to win so shes willing to sacrifice herself for a mafia win

Candice
October 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM
No. The Red Mafia could have chosen not to lynch and expend another round of kills. By forcing the town to lynch the orange mafia, the town cannot win. By not lynching today, it creates the possibility of two interesting scenarios.
1) Double kill on same target. 1v1v1v1, town will still lose in this scenario. Orange will also likely lose.
2) Two town dead, cult or red mafia wins.
3) Boring path, town wins or there's a 1v1v1 scenario.
Either way, lynching Jerry decreases the red mafia's chance of winning to 0 and the cult is very likely to lose also.

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I hope the WIFOM gets to them and they kill each other.

If they double kill tonight.

its 1v1v1

cult CAN NOT win in this situation.

IF ralph is smart, hell heal Roger, so that even if they go for two town targets. One one dies

then cult cant win. No lynch=town win lynch cult=oj maf win, lynch oj maf=cult win last will not happen.
Cult will want to kill oj mafia as its the only way to win. oj will kill cult. town wins. that is assuming gladys doesnt throw the game

Verna
October 10th, 2011, 11:40 AM
There is a way to make a "Nobody wins" scenario now:

1)Lynch the GF today - they already have the vote on him

2)The following night the only safe target for both killing roles is the doctor, because he could potentially heal anyone just to screw with them. They also can't risk shooting each other because that might give town the win. This is actually a giant wifom situation that doesn't have an optimal solution, just a safe one.

3)Next day - 1v1v1 where the last townie refuses to vote. Town has no reason to gift the victory to anyone.

4)Both evils lynch the townie and then shoot each other - if they don't lynch the townie and shoot each other the town will win, so they will be forced to lynch him to eliminate that possibility.

5)Nobody wins

This seems the only fair deal to me. Fitting end to this particular game.

Elizabeth
October 10th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I was right about Cult Leader secondary objective ;)

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM
There is a way to make a "Nobody wins" scenario now:

1)Lynch the GF today - they already have the vote on him

2)The following night the only safe target for both killing roles is the doctor, because he could potentially heal anyone just to screw with them. They also can't risk shooting each other because that might give town the win. This is actually a giant wifom situation that doesn't have an optimal solution, just a safe one.

3)Next day - 1v1v1 where the last townie refuses to vote. Town has no reason to gift the victory to anyone.

4)Both evils lynch the townie and then shoot each other - if they don't lynch the townie and shoot each other the town will win, so they will be forced to lynch him to eliminate that possibility.

5)Nobody wins

This seems the only fair deal to me. Fitting end to this particular game.

ive said this a few times before, and i also want this to happen

Yvette
October 10th, 2011, 11:44 AM
No. The Red Mafia could have chosen not to lynch and expend another round of kills. By forcing the town to lynch the orange mafia, the town cannot win. By not lynching today, it creates the possibility of two interesting scenarios.
1) Double kill on same target. 1v1v1v1, town will still lose in this scenario. Orange will also likely lose.
2) Two town dead, cult or red mafia wins.
3) Boring path, town wins or there's a 1v1v1 scenario.
Either way, lynching Jerry decreases the red mafia's chance of winning to 0 and the cult is very likely to lose also.

When you say red mafia you mean gladys? Because jerry had all interest in lynching anyone besides himself. Gladys didn't have the power to stall the lynch on jerry, but even then, what good would that have done? Jerry can kill Gladys at night as well, while gladys can't kill him. Then he would probably have killed the doctor, while gladys could attack the citizen (assuming she had olga's powers, which she doesn't), who would have been healed. Rosenberg could kill either the citizen or gladys. If he killed gladys, 1v1v1. If he killed the citizen, 1v1v1. The difference is that the situation would start at day instead of night. Ok, it's a slightly better outcome for gladys, but not that much.

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 11:47 AM

Elixir made it pretty obvious, now what are the mafia objectives? Cole was obviously to kill the mayor at night. So what about the other 3 reds? And the orange? Or do they share one objective as a red mafia and orange mafia? And what about everyone else? Neutrals+town....

Oh and if everyone DOES kill each other, allow jack to win.... He was so close and after all beast lacks a competitor.... No military force can stop him.....

Elizabeth
October 10th, 2011, 11:49 AM

Elixir made it pretty obvious
Dont take this away from me! >:(

Best hope for Town
1) Type -suicide

Elizabeth
October 10th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Roger might have actualy been able to win it for town if Ralph had been culted, but I don't see how he can beat culted Rosenberg.

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Oh and if everyone DOES kill each other, allow jack to win.... He was so close and after all beast lacks a competitor.... No military force can stop him.....

NO! :(

Also I thought of a hilarious new idea.

Say Gladys DOES have Olga's power. He decides to shoot rosenberg while using spree killers power on roger. just roger and gladys left cult win

Verna
October 10th, 2011, 11:51 AM
The doctor's one was to get off both a successful heal and anti-cult. Not really RP related like the Cole/Bertrand one. I believe Vorn accomplished both of those.

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:52 AM
The doctor's one was to get off both a successful heal and anti-cult. Not really RP related like the Cole/Bertrand one. I believe Vorn accomplished both of those.

he did heal on emerald anti-cult on jerry

Elizabeth
October 10th, 2011, 11:52 AM
NVM about earlier

Best hope for Town
1) Lynch Gladys
2) Get Rosenberg real fired up over Jerrys betrayal
3) Jerry kills Rosenberg
4) Rosenberg refuses to kill a Town
5) Town lynches Jerry Day 9

Candice
October 10th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I wasn't close. I had just approached the biggest hurdle of the game when the chance was torn away from me by lame play.

Elizabeth
October 10th, 2011, 11:58 AM
OR....

Plan for Town if Rosenberg is not Culted(sorry, just assumed that cult had culted last night. Forgot about Ralph's anti-cult)(This plan probably wouldn't work though)

1) Ralph tells Roseberg that he will heal him, but will vote for him tommoro if he kills anyone
2) Jerry kills Ralph, Rosenberg kills no one
3) Jerry gets lynched
4) Gladys vs Rosenberg. Perfect Jailors Dilema. They kill each other.
5) Roger last man standing. Town win!

Just a fun little senario. I'm sorry for those ragers who wanna rage, but I haveing hard time telling if Rosenberg is culted :(

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I wasn't close. I had just approached the biggest hurdle of the game when the chance was torn away from me by lame play.

blame the game not the players. it only happened because your role existed

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 11:59 AM
OR....

Plan for Town if Rosenberg is not Culted(sorry, just assumed that cult had culted last night. Forgot about Ralph's anti-cult)(This plan probably wouldn't work though)

1) Ralph tells Roseberg that he will heal him, but will vote for him tommoro if he kills anyone
2) Jerry kills Ralph, Rosenberg kills no one
3) Jerry gets lynched
4) Gladys vs Rosenberg. Perfect Jailors Dilema. They kill each other.
5) Roger last man standing. Town win!

Just a fun little senario. I'm sorry for those ragers who wanna rage, but I haveing hard time telling if Rosenberg is culted :(

hes not elixir said that jerry was culted and anti-culted last night

Candice
October 10th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I don't know how many times I have to say this. I presented you with the easiest way to win without mass roleclaiming with a HUGE degree of certainty in my defeat, and you chose instead to mass roleclaim. It was your decision to not think strategically, it has nothing to do with the game. You are just using the role as an excuse.

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I don't know how many times I have to say this. I presented you with the easiest way to win without mass roleclaiming with a HUGE degree of certainty in my defeat, and you chose instead to mass roleclaim. It was your decision to not think strategically, it has nothing to do with the game. You are just using the role as an excuse.

Hey, I already roleclaimed thanks to consig. So, I really did nothing wrong

Jesse
October 10th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Where's the peanut butter?

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 12:24 PM
I think Bertrand's secondary goal is to lynch either cole while revealed or like 3 freaks in a row while still alive.

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 12:53 PM
My guesses at secondary objectives:
Killing spree: As a mitilita extremist use all 3 shots in 2 or 3 days killing 2 or 3 scum total.
Spree killer successfully kill 3 or more people in a single night.
Bringing the hurt: Successfully block a mason recruit and a cult recruit.
Framed: Succesfully frame x times.
Double Agent Dunbar: Find all mitilia members.
Armorsmith 3+ successful item givings to non scum.
Promotion: Find x mafia with no frames.
Investigator find neutrals.
Dangerously close: Follow x people back to corpses as detective.
Status "Kuo": Prevent people from targeting red mafia.
Escort block multi killing roles from killing or, prevent your own death.

My guesses how did I do?

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 01:10 PM

NO! :(

AHHH cmon that would be utterly hilarious if he won anyways despite your mass roleclaim.

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 01:12 PM
AHHH cmon that would be utterly hilarious if he won anyways despite the mass roleclaim.

Todd
October 10th, 2011, 01:25 PM
My objective was actually to be the hammer vote on Jerry/Cole

Jimmy1
October 10th, 2011, 01:26 PM
My objective was to follow 2 killing roles as they made a kill

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 01:30 PM
My objective was actually to be the hammer vote on Jerry/Cole

Close enough.....

My objective was to follow 2 killing roles as they made a kill

Well thats one correct...

Thelma
October 10th, 2011, 01:33 PM
My goal was to not be a cit.

Win.

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
My goal was to not be a cit.

Win.

It just sucks I failed that one.

Sonya
October 10th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Mine was to cult cole, like everyone already figured out.

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Mine was to cult cole, like everyone already figured out.

I didn't mention the ones everyone already know. Just the ones that people haven't seen confirmation for.

Jane
October 10th, 2011, 01:39 PM
My role had no story-line objectives T.T

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 01:43 PM
My role had no story-line objectives T.T

DAMN YOU ELIXIR!! Zeke is awesome he should have had a storyline objective..... He made coles goddamn melee weapon after he went into empire city fistecuffing everyone with his lightning fast punches.... with lightning.....

Jane
October 10th, 2011, 01:44 PM
I was amnesiac....l not Zeke lol

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Jane janet same thing!

You probably would have gotten the medic story line objective. My bad.

Anyways Zeke shoulda totally been a secert master mind achievement. HE WANTS THE POWAR!!! He gets cole killed then absorbs his power and takes his place. (Not promoting him to GF but still able to fend off the beast)

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Jane janet same thing!

You probably would have gotten the medic story line objective. My bad.

Anyways Zeke shoulda totally been a secert master mind achievement. HE WANTS THE POWAR!!! He gets cole killed then absorbs his power and takes his place. (Not promoting him to GF but still able to fend off the beast)

Jane
October 10th, 2011, 02:08 PM
That was the plan. I died too soon to get it though. I'm curious about it.

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 02:56 PM
If Ralph does not fuck up tonight town will probably pull off a maverick win

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Night's up!

Grave robber has a block by the way...

Grave robber will block orange and force a standoff imo

Sonya
October 10th, 2011, 04:08 PM
obviously
no night kills into no-lynch obviously
town wont lynch anyone, it benefits from mafia shooting each other.

Jane
October 10th, 2011, 04:20 PM
What an epic RP shootout. It only happens once every 8 days...

Sonya
October 10th, 2011, 05:06 PM
>.>

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Day IX will be up when I get back from uni. Very quick night lol.

Joshua
October 10th, 2011, 05:21 PM
DAMN EXPLOSIVES! Srsly.... They were hard to dodge and when I run up to hit people now n then I would get a rocket in the face.....

Delores
October 10th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Le Armorsmith secondary objective was only to give vest to town roles,
WHICH I DID.

Jimmy1
October 10th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Did anyone actually get to use the vests? Lol

Delores
October 10th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Velma did!
Emerald did!
They never did anything, but they used them.

Jimmy1
October 10th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Well it's good to see that at least some of your equipment got used :P

Velma
October 10th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I died with a vest X.X

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 09:56 PM
New forum for you and day inc.