PDA

View Full Version : Day VIII: Showdown

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Day VIII: Showdown

InFAMOUS 2: The Red Soundtrack - #21. Plant Monster (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPy8ecMTpH4#ws)
(Sorry about the first 10 seconds. It gets good after that, don't worry)

"Showdown"

It was an end to the night that no one anticipated.

Security footage shown to the 5 surviving members of the forum showed everything that transpired in the massive graveyard between the Ville and Ascension Parish. Two men approached each other... One facing the Camera was easily identifiable as the late "Chris"... the other it could easily be told was Cole MacGrath but he always faced away from the camera so we did not discern his true identity. The two seemed to face off for what seemed like an eternity until suddenly Chris lunged at Cole, who already had his weapon drawn and his arms were surging with electricity.

The rest happened in a matter of moments...

Cole dodged rolled left out of the way of the psychotic Chris who had now drawn a blade and was doing everything in his power to drive it into Cole's skull. Cole gripped his Amp* firmly and charged straight at Chris. Lightning sparked from Cole's hands as a bolt flew through the air and knocked Chris off balance causing him to drop his blade... Cole quickly closed the gap and 3 struck Chris with 3 blows in quick succession, the last of which sending him flying into a nearby bench.

Two figures then emerged from the shadows, helping Chris up to his feet. The three robed figures then all charge at Cole at once!

Cole stood his ground, he dropped his amp and focused his electricity through his hands... He had faced reapers all day long in Empire City and knew just what it would take to send them down for good. The Camera didn't see anything but Cole look as if he pushed thin air, yet all three assailants were pushed back tens of meters... while they wreathed in pain on the ground Cole approached Chris and put his hand on his head. It looked as if Cole was draining the very life out of Chris as when he ripped his hand away from his skull, there was a flash of light and then nothing... Chris lay motionless on the floor obviously dead.

The other two men with him simultaenously gripped their heads in splitting anguish. Without a leader to control their minds the toxin overcame them and sent them into a sever psychotic episode. They both pulled knives out of their pockets and repeatedly stabbed themself in the head... trying to silence the voices once and for all...

Cole still didn't face the camera, instead he dragged all 3 bodies in perfect view of the camera and made the heads face up... it was then the 5 remaining members of the forum saw the two other assailants were Jesse and Alan.

When they thought that was done, they were wrong. Cole came back into the camera's field of view a short time later. He was carrying the body of Thomas who had a giant ice shard sticking out of his chest... Even throughout this terror, Vermaak 88 are still murdering innocent lives in their bid to take over New Marais.

Cole then, again without looking, pointed his hand towards the Camera and shot a bolt of lighting, knocking it out completely.

None of the 5 members of the forum stirred...

They knew someone else had to die today...

Who was it going to be?

*http://images.wikia.com/infamous/images/6/66/Amp.jpg

The Beast’s Location is Unknown.

Day VIII will end at 7:30pm AEST Tuesday 11th of October. See it in your timezone here: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=7%3A30+pm+GMT%2B10+October+11 .

IT WILL TAKE 3 VOTES TO LYNCH. VOTE CAREFULLY.

Last wills:

Alan:

So, I'm dead. Awww :<

Before someone else claims it like in the previous game, I'm Illidan

Jesse:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/2/22/20100724102423!Jesse_james_portrait.jpg

Murdered by a Traitor and Coward Whose Name is not Worthy to Appear Here.

After all these years I regret killing Joseph Lee Heywood.

J. Frank Dalton

Chris:

"Throughout my studies, I have taken a course on math. Maybe you should too Rumple and MileS.
Now we all loose. GG town, you win this game.

-Patrick Jane"

Thomas:

hello i am thomas vigalente

hello here are some of my thoughts purely based off of skimming and being shitty at forum mafia

since elixir is holding me at internet gunpoint to play correctly

lets discuss my actions:
MY FIRST SHOT WAS ON PATRICK AND I SHOT NO ONE ELSE SRRY DEFINITELY 3 VIGILANTES OR OSME SHIT BECAUSE ALAN ONLY CLAIMED TO HAVE KILLED FAYE AND STEVE THEN WHO WAS SHOOT TIMOTHY

lets discuss how gladys didn't do shit night 1:
5 dolla is 3rd vigi
GONNA SHOOT ON NIGHT 4 LETS SEE HOW THAT GOES

lets discuss accusations against nina:
i troll u
also probably mason or some shit

lets discuss amber and janet:
BOTH CONSIGS IN OPPOSITE MAFIA CLANS FUC THIS

lets discuss neutrals:
theodore: CULTED EXECUTIONER MEATSHIELD FOR BEAST PRO THEORY
olga: gay no one cares probably cop or something

ok fuck i cant think of anything else bye

Members of the Militia Forum:

Roger
Jerry
Gladys
Rosenberg
Ralph

Graveyard:

Verna: (Medic): Found dead on the sidewalk with premature Rigor Mortis. [Night I]
Joshua: (Citizen): Found dead in his home with a massive glacier in his chest. [Night I]
Yvette: (Stripper): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day II]
Jimmy: (Detective): Found thrown through a working television in an apartment stripped of power. [Night II]
Timothy: (Citizen): Repeatedly shot in the chest with a Militia Standard Issue Rifle. [Night II]
Patrick: (Lucy Kuo [MacGrath]): Blasted in the neck by a concealable Militia Revolver [Day III]
Faye: (Janitor [Vermaak 88]): Blasted in the neck by a concealable Militia Revolver [Day III]
Yolanda: (Citizen): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day III]
William: (Citizen): Hit by a truck. [Mod Killed] [Day III]
Brian: (Reaper - Investigator): Attempted to be Exorcised with a Cross burnt into his skull, later having his throat slit by a Man with a shard of Ice. [Night III]
Elizabeth:(Citizen): Found in multiple pieces in her home following an electrical explosion. [Night III]
Steve: (Framer [Vermaak 88]): Found in the Militia Forum Room with a gunshot wound to the head. [Night III]
Candice: (Soul of The Beast): Shot by the firing squad only to dematerialize right before everyone’s eyes. [Day IV]
Joseph Bertrand: (Joseph Bertrand): Found dead on the street with a bullet in his chest from a Militia Standard Issue Rifle [Night IV]
Amber (Investigator): Found tied to a fence with evidence of electrocution. [Night IV]
Theodore (Cop): Found encased in a block of ice. Had died before it could be thawed. [Night IV]
Jane: (? ? ? ? ?): ? ? ? [Night IV]
Nina: (Coroner): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day V]
Janet (Reaper - Zeke Dunbar [MacGrath]): Found Dead in Phillips home, cut to ribbons by a maniac... followed shortly by having their mind frozen. [Night V]
Phllip (Citizen): Found Dead in his home, cut to ribbons by a maniac. [Night V]
Sonya (Sasha): Found near the entrance to the sewers with a gunshot wound to the head. [Night V]
Delores (Armorsmith): Struck by an Ionic Storm [Night V]
Olga (Spree Killer): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day VI]
Emerald (Priest): Mutilated and left for dead in the park... clutching a holy bible. [Night VI]
Matthew (Citizen): Struck by an Ionic Storm. [Night VI]
Thelma (Priest): Found in ice shards scattered throughout her home. [Night VI]
Velma (Bus Driver): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day VII]
Chris (Reaper Leader): Killed in a Duel with Cole MacGrath. [Night VII]
Alan (Reaper - Militia Extremist): Killed himself in a psychotic rage. [Night VII]
Jesse (Reaper - Enforcer [Vermaak 88]): Killed himself in a psychotic rage. [Night VII]
Thomas (Militia Extremist): Killed with a large ice shard through the chest. [Night VII]
New Marais Graveyard Camera (Surveillance Equipment): Blown up by a Lightning Bolt from Cole MacGrath. [Night VII]

Role List:

Cole MacGrath [MacGrath]
Random Conduit [MacGrath]

Random Conduit [Vermaak 88]

Medic
Random Power Town
Citizen

5 Random Town Roles have been accounted for.
1 Random Conduit [Vermaak 88] has been accounted for.
2 Random Neutrals have been accounted for.
The Random Killing Neutral has been accounted for.
There has been 1 role cleaned. Therefore, there will be 1 more role in the roles list than there are players.

Random Conduit: Disguiser, Conduit, Enforcer, Janitor, Consort, Grave Robber, Framer, Consigliere, Drug Dealer
Random Neutral: Amnesiac, Executioner, Jester, Student, Witch
Random Killing Neutral: Serial Killer, Nix the Pyromaniac, Laroche, Leader of the Rebels, Spree Killer
Random Power Town: Cop, Investigator, Coroner, Militia Extremist, Stripper, Medic, Gunsmith, Armorsmith, Bodyguard, Priest, Detective, Lookout, Bus Driver, Jailor, Veteran

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 05:24 AM
An interesting standoff we've reached...

Unfortunately for both mafias, whoever attacks the other first is likely to be the winner, but if both of you use that logic you'll kill each other tonight and the town will win. If only you had someone to protect you from the other mafia's attack...

I need to work through endgame possibilities so I know that what I'm proposing doesn't completely doom the town. But in the meantime, consider this tentative proposal: to lynch a town member will take 3 votes... that is, both mafia members. If one of you two refuses to vote for the town today, I'll heal you tonight. If you both refuse to vote for the town, I'll heal one of you randomly.

(You're probably wondering what's to make me keep my word? Actually, I want two days of votes from you in exchange for one heal tonight. You pay half now (i.e. your vote today) and half later (your vote tomorrow once you can confirm I've healed you). Sound fair?)

Jerry
October 10th, 2011, 07:44 AM
so who do you want me to vote on?

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Let's get Gladys today. Then I'm counting on you to not vote against the town tomorrow.

-vote Gladys

Gladys (1) - Ralph

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 10:26 AM
=coughs= Jerry is the godfather.

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 10:27 AM
-vote Jerry

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Jerry cannot be killed at night, just saying. It's in your best interests to lynch Jerry.

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Right... like I'd believe that.

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Obviously you wouldn't. You didn't pick up on Chris saying they didn't have the godfather, did you?

Rosenberg
October 10th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I'm okay with killing Gladys today if town helps me lynch Jerry tomorrow. If we don't lynch Jerry, he wins, since he's the godfather.

Rosenberg
October 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Ralph, if Gladys was the godfather, Chris couldn't have been killed, since Gladys is culted and the Godfather controls the night kills.

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 10:40 AM
-unvote

Godfather controls the night kills even when culted? wtf.

Rosenberg
October 10th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Who did you anti-cult last night, Ralph? I'm assuming it was me?

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
No he anti-culted Jerry. Jerry screwed us over by shooting at chris. Ralph essentially saved the game.

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 10:43 AM
If you let Jerry live, he WILL win.

Rosenberg
October 10th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Why does Ralph think that Jerry is culted, then?

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Suppose I believe you about Jerry. Then you're what, Gladys, grave robber? What powers do you have on hand?

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I'm the Grave robber. I have nothing.

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Give me your list of actions for the whole game and when you were culted.

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 10:48 AM
How about no. I'm not taking the pointless time to do that for you. I don't care who wins at this point, we already knew the cult was screwed with Jerry's actions last night. We want Jerry to lose by all means. The orange mafia will kill me when Jerry is dead.

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Why would the orange mafia kill you?

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Because I'm still considered a member of the red mafia. I'm against orange.

Rosenberg
October 10th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Why did Jesse kill Thomas, Gladys?

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Because we didn't want the town to have an -assured- victory after Chris's death. We had to take down the town's numbers.

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Wait a second. Culted mafia members still have kills?

Wtf.

Rosenberg
October 10th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah, they do.

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 10:55 AM
But you don't?

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Does this change your idea on who you want dead? I still strongly suggest Jerry. It's your path to victory.

Rosenberg
October 10th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I do. But since neither me nor Jesse is a godfather, it was a 50/50 chance of which night kill went through. Jesse won.

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 10:58 AM
I still want to know if Rosenberg has kills. I never got an answer when I pm'd Elixir that question.

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Ok then. Let's get Jerry.

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Yes. He's a member of the orange mafia, he now controls who the orange kills.

Jerry
October 10th, 2011, 11:00 AM
ahh, i know u where going like this gladys...

Rosenberg
October 10th, 2011, 11:01 AM
No he's not.

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Jerry, This is payback. You made a bad decision last night, so you must die as the godfather. You knew this was coming.

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Rosenberg who did you order to kill last night.

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 11:05 AM
-vote Jerry

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 11:06 AM
One more vote hammers Jerry.

Jerry
October 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM
and now ralph is giving away all my hard work, yes i am the godfather, but you can't blame me for trying to win without cult...
killing me gives you nothing, cult still has its kill, orange mafia still has its kill

Jerry
October 10th, 2011, 11:12 AM
oh and i gues gladys lied about having nothing, probably hol.d a busdrive just to screw some more chaos for the last night

I would prefer finishing my job
-vote gladys

Jerry: (2) Gladys, Ralph
Gladys: (1) Jerry

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Honestly, I received nothing. It wouldn't do me any good anyway.

Rosenberg
October 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I attempted to kill Alan last night. I knew there was no guarantee of me getting culted and if the cult got a recruit off unscathed they would win today, so I wanted to reduce their numbers and prevent them from winning.

Getting rid of Jerry is my only chance to win, so -Vote: Jerry

Ralph
October 10th, 2011, 11:25 AM
By the way, don't attempt to play to a draw by killing both towns off tonight and then each other tomorrow. One of us won't die, and whoever that is will vote against the one who shot the other town. Besides, it's a classic prisoner's dilemma: if you shoot town but the other doesn't, you're handing the victory to them.

Gladys
October 10th, 2011, 11:26 AM
This ends teh day, just gotta wait for Elixir. It's pretty much a town victory. Thanks Jerry.

Jerry
October 10th, 2011, 12:09 PM
still better than a cult win eh ;)

Elixir
October 10th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Jerry is sent to the firing squad.