PDA

View Full Version : Bg didnt died through MM, and didnt protected anyone either

Helios
February 11th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Well following situation I was bg and went for 2 n1, so did the MM aswell, MM killed 2 townies with it, but i survived. Aswell the MM got killed by mafia the same night since he wasnt invul. Well dont exactly know if it is a bug but thought it could be worth looking at.

PS: My Ingame name is CommanderPM .

TurdPile
February 11th, 2014, 12:28 PM
You would have died if you killed the MM. Since mafia killed MM, you were not affected.

Helios
February 11th, 2014, 12:33 PM
well still shouldnt i have died throught his ability to kill?

Cryptonic
February 11th, 2014, 12:34 PM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/13715-Mass-murderer-w-bodyguard?p=197435&viewfull=1#post197435

Arrow
February 11th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Your attachment link is invalid.

Since I can't watch the replay, here's what I suspect happened. You, as a bodyguard, were covering 2 from attack. The Mass Murderer went to 2's house, and killed people who had gone to 2's house. 2, himself, had visited someone else. Because 2 was not in his own house, he wasn't attacked by the MM...and because 2 himself wasn't in any danger, the BG "Kill attacker" script never triggered, because 2 wasn't actually attacked.

It's a moderately complex interaction to be sure...I'd kinda wonder why the BG didn't die from the MM, since he might've counted as being in 2's house? Or does BG count as following his target to whatever house his target goes to?

EDIT: Crossposted with Cryptonic; the BG does indeed follow his target to whatever house he goes to. Clears this right up!

Helios
February 11th, 2014, 12:38 PM
ah k well solved then I guess, just wondered since most ppl said it is a bug.

Edit: ok sry about the attachment dunno why it doesnt work first tiem i tried to upload a replay here.

Cryptonic
February 11th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Yea, MM & BG have had a lot of discussion about this stuff. It's quite confusing, and definitely seems like a bug when it occurs.

Arrow
February 11th, 2014, 12:47 PM
I agree with Cryptonic. Mass Murderer interactions are complicated and a lot of players don't seem to understand how they work, or have holes in their understanding.

The easiest way to visualize it for most purposes is that the Mass Murderer essentially becomes a veteran at his target house, though this isn't a perfect analogy.

Helios
February 11th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Yeah playing already a while just didnt know that bg follows his target to his visiting point like you apparently aswell. Well maybe some guys will read this thread and know it then, spread the word. :)

Slaol
February 11th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Bodyguard guards based on player.
Was 2 attacked? Assume the Bodyguard is going with his target on his night action. If they had stumbled into the Mass Murderer the BG would have done something, but some 2 didn't enter danger nothing happened.

Mass Murderer takes on all comers for his kills, where as the Bodyguard following 2 would have followed him home and prevented a Mafia hit that was waiting for him and him alone back at his home when he finished his run.

TL;Dark.Revenant: Bodyguard accompanies his target OUT of the house (where MM can get them) and then back home (in the event of other night kills)

Gyver
February 11th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Bodyguard guards based on player.
Was 2 attacked? Assume the Bodyguard is going with his target on his night action. If they had stumbled into the Mass Murderer the BG would have done something, but some 2 didn't enter danger nothing happened.

Mass Murderer takes on all comers for his kills, where as the Bodyguard following 2 would have followed him home and prevented a Mafia hit that was waiting for him and him alone back at his home when he finished his run.

TL;Dark.Revenant: Bodyguard accompanies his target OUT of the house (where MM can get them) and then back home (in the event of other night kills)

So does a det see a BG go to the BGs target or the BGs Targets Target

louiswill
February 11th, 2014, 12:58 PM
If not a bug, then

The bodyguard visited the house of who 2 visited and thus dodged the mass murder who is in 2's house.

Bodyguard and mm were not in the same house

-----

That implies whoever guard MM will guaranteed to be Chainsawed.

Slaol
February 11th, 2014, 01:00 PM
So does a det see a BG go to the BGs target or the BGs Targets Target

The first.

louiswill
February 11th, 2014, 01:08 PM
The first.

by the chance,

Do the Det/Agent/Lookout's feedback actually mean house visiting?

Does witch cause and only cause house visiting?

Slaol
February 11th, 2014, 01:13 PM
by the chance,

Do the Det/Agent/Lookout's feedback actually mean house visiting?

Does witch cause and only cause house visiting?

Yes.
Yes.

Bodyguard 'accompanying' his target is not a real visit, but more of a way to understand the job the role plays