PDA

View Full Version : Option to exclude bus drivers please

Zippy
May 15th, 2011, 01:10 AM
I have a setup that works very well in pubby games, typically leading to a very suspenseful game that goes right to the end. The new bus driver role has completely wrecked not only this setup, but also pubby games in general, because pubbies are not very smart and just randomly bus drive people, leading to horrible town failures because the town can't gather correct information.

Please add an option to the "Random Town" to exclude Bus Drivers as there is an option to exclude Citizens now.

Zippy
May 15th, 2011, 01:23 AM
You might as well select the roles.

There are town roles such as spy and masons that are most effective when randomed, rather than being explicitly put in game. An explicit spy is almost always worse than useless.

Supersun
May 15th, 2011, 01:35 AM
I have no idea how easy it would be to implement, but every role having an option to be excluded from random picks would be nice. It would also make it easier instead of the random having the option to exclude some power roles you can refine it to be more specific if the exclude from randoms are on all the roles themselves.

Styx
May 15th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Doesn't being able to exclude roles from Random defeat the purpose of Random?

Supersun
May 15th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Only if you exclude all but one role :P

(and even then it might be useful to have random exclude every role except for the spy lol)

Dark.Revenant
May 15th, 2011, 02:01 AM
It would be very difficult to make a specific list of roles for randoms go go through. What I'll do is have denominations, such as Advanced/Basic and Power/Support.

Zack
May 15th, 2011, 02:03 AM
So, in other words, you guys are asking for an editable "roles to be included in random" list.

If thats added for Random Town then it might as well also be added to the other random types, with random any perhaps being consisted of all 3 lists?

This is probably one hellish thing to implement though, for DR...

Edit: I see, that would help. Will you add that for the other randoms too?

Dark.Revenant
May 15th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Advanced/Basic and Power/Support for Town, Advanced/Basic for Mafia, Advanced/Basic and Benign/Evil for Neutral, and Advanced/Basic for All (Handled by two Custom Random roles for each which you can switch between filtering by Advanced/Basic and/or Power/Support -- a total of 12 random roles)

McJesus
May 15th, 2011, 08:18 AM
honestly I would say if you don't want that than don't use randoms but DR's solution works too.

Nick
May 15th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Random is required to make certain roles feasible (Spy, Jester). I welcome more Random choices.

May I ask if there are any possibility for Random Custom to be implemented?