PDA

View Full Version : How do I get wireless internet for my PS3?

Auckmid
October 7th, 2011, 05:08 PM
I've been trying for ages to get wireless internet for my PS3. However, every time I go to internet connection settings, it immediately assumes I'm trying to make a wired connection. How do I fix this to make a wireless connection?
Plz help :(

NorthStar
October 7th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Well when I first recieved my PS3, it worked similarly to my PSP. Go to Network Settings, and select Infrastructure. It should be pretty easy from there on. Scan the area for your router, input password. Etc etc.

Auckmid
October 7th, 2011, 05:17 PM
What I do is go,

Settings
Network settings
Internet conection settings
Easy

Then when I get there, it's meant to ask "Wireless" or "Wired". instead, it immediately assumes I want wired, and says "Please connect your ethanol cable".

You can select Infrastructure for the PSP, but I never noticed it for PS3.

Auckmid
October 7th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Well, #$@% me. I think my PS3 is retarted, and dosn't even have wireless LAN :( :( :( :(

TheJackofSpades
October 8th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Do you have a launch 20GB ps3? AFAIK that's the only version of the ps3 that doesn't have built-in WIFI.

Also, the ps3 does not run on corn.

oops_ur_dead
October 8th, 2011, 06:45 AM
What I do is go,

Settings
Network settings
Internet conection settings
Easy

Then when I get there, it's meant to ask "Wireless" or "Wired". instead, it immediately assumes I want wired, and says "Please connect your ethanol cable".

You can select Infrastructure for the PSP, but I never noticed it for PS3.

Well, do what it tells you. Connect your ethanol cable.
Just be careful not to use denatured alcohol. Pure ethanol works best, diluting it makes the connection worse. Some people think diluting the ethanol makes the connection better, don't listen to them, they're idiots.

NorthStar
October 8th, 2011, 07:37 AM
I have the 420GB Slim Playstation Move Launch version of the PS3. Pretty new and pretty damn sexy.

TheJackofSpades
October 8th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I have the 420GB Slim Playstation Move Launch version of the PS3. Pretty new and pretty damn sexy.

Gee thanks for letting us know Northstar, I'm so glad to hear that.

NorthStar
October 8th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Boasting is good no?