PDA

View Full Version : Arsonist - Simple fix to solve all of his problems

Searix
May 14th, 2011, 02:01 PM
As it is i'm often surprised by Arsonist's lack of power. I'd be very interested to know what his win % is vs. what the SK win % is DR.

So i propose - Allow him to douse and kill in the same night.

Mysterymeat
May 14th, 2011, 04:21 PM
I think he should just get more pts than any other role if he already doesn't. He is weaker than sk but his ability to keep ppl doused and burn all at once makes up for some of his weaknesses

wightsnow
May 14th, 2011, 04:35 PM
The way he is weaker than SK is minor in most games. Most people don't make SK kill roleblockers or immune at night. So the way he is weaker is that he gets 1 less kill per igniting batch. However, that comes at the trade off of killing in batches which is really strong (imagine if the mafia could do it).

McJesus
May 14th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Yeah that would just be completly overpowered. Its like saying "hey guys lets make a serial killer that can choose to wait and score a multikill combo." NO!

Zippy
May 15th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I set my arsonist up to ignore invulnerability, which I thought would ignore doctors, but recently was in a game where that wasn't so. I liked the idea that the doctor couldn't save someone from massive third degree burns as opposed to saving someone from a bullet or knife wounds. Being able to ignore doctors would give the arsonist the power to set up and burn people who could identify him even when protected. As well as give the town incentive not to ignore a sherrif who announces an arsonist first turn, just because "well he won't burn right away, and we'll just protect you".

Nick
May 15th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Ignore invulnerability is for killing GF and SK.

Clawtrocity
May 15th, 2011, 06:11 PM
The Arsonist(When the option is checked) will kill through Godfather and SK immunities as well as bullet proof vests, but not heals.

Zippy
May 15th, 2011, 11:13 PM
The Arsonist(When the option is checked) will kill through Godfather and SK immunities as well as bullet proof vests, but not heals.

Yes, I understand that now, but what I'm suggesting is that being able to kill through heals would make the arsonist not quite so weak.

Nick
May 16th, 2011, 12:18 AM
You mean you want Optional Ability for Arsonist to burn through heals?

Searix
May 16th, 2011, 04:20 PM
You mean you want Optional Ability for Arsonist to burn through heals?

Killing through heals is kind of arbitrary and im not sure a buff in that direction is what he really needs.

Still, i'm willing to bet that SK wins at least 50% more than arsonist in its current state

Zippy
May 16th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Still, i'm willing to bet that SK wins at least 50% more than arsonist in its current state
[/quote]

If the arsonist gets randomed and there is a bus driver in the game, it can be a lot easier for the arsonist to fly under the radar. When an SK is killing, it is very obvious. Hell, I've even seen games where people just sort of forget there is an explicit arsonist in the game.

I just suggested the burn through heals bit as a way to beef up the arsonist should that be desired. The douse and burn same turn makes the arsonist too much like an SK. The ability to stay hidden until you burn everybody is the arsonist's only real strength, and having to rely on other killers to take out the docs suck, especially when it is very hard to get everybody doused before they find you.

Membrax
May 17th, 2011, 02:10 AM
If the arsonist gets randomed and there is a bus driver in the game, it can be a lot easier for the arsonist to fly under the radar.

I agree, bus driver definitely gave some additional (and much needed) survivability to the arsonist. As long as there isn't the dreaded combo "super sheriff"+investigator, you have a decent chance. People tends to forget arsonist, since he isn't as much an immediate threat as the SK (or mafia).

Nick
May 17th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Sometimes, bus drivers will just admit a swap has occurred and point the detectives to the right culprits.