PDA

View Full Version : Worst feature ever in Windows 8

RLVG
January 6th, 2014, 05:22 AM
This is a warning if you got Windows 8, an extremely misleading feature.

Windows 8 Refresh :
- Resets the setting and deletes all applications installed to the home menu of Windows 8, refreshing the computer to work properly.

What it really did :
- Soft formated the entire computer, deleted random games, files, programs and etc, all the apps remained and now I have even less space with just 22GB remaining.

I have to reinstall everything and I don't have any space to install much, soooooo...

What the fuck.

It took ages, there's no "Are you sure?", there's no requests to have a backup recovery or anything.
What's up with all the "ghost" files that don't exist but take so much space anyway?
This was a recommended way of restarting the computer hard instead of soft by Microsoft, since turning it on and off just puts it at an advanced sleep mode while it still have power...

Edit : It actually keeps majority of my files, but removes all registry, exe and dll files as well random programs, rendering all of it completely useless and do indeed force me to reinstall and delete.
Since it's so random, removes all exe / dll but keeps stuff intact, what kind of format is this?!

NoctiZ
January 6th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Windows 7 masterrace man.

RLVG
January 6th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Windows 7 masterrace man.

Agreed. I needed a new laptop as mine took suicide. R.I.P.
Windows 8 were the only one available, all windows 7 were the quite shitty ones about as good in hardware as an amiga.

I'm more and more disappointed with Windows 8 the more I use it, lol. Microsoft, plz.

At least my main computer is Windows 7.

Fatalis
January 6th, 2014, 05:53 AM
The worst feature is the shut down button

Dudemanguy12
January 6th, 2014, 06:13 AM
That's basically M$ for you.

NoctiZ
January 6th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Agreed. I needed a new laptop as mine took suicide. R.I.P.
Windows 8 were the only one available, all windows 7 were the quite shitty ones about as good in hardware as an amiga.

I'm more and more disappointed with Windows 8 the more I use it, lol. Microsoft, plz.

At least my main computer is Windows 7.
Just install Windows 7 lol