PDA

View Full Version : Printer and Ink

louiswill
December 31st, 2013, 11:24 AM
Everyone knows the fact that printer are "free" but paper and ink are the way of making money for those big company.

I was sick of being continuously ripped off by HP's ink earlier this year.

I threw away the free printer my mother got years ago.

Now I'm using the Cannon's product.

Cannon is a relatively better company to costumer.
(HP is just a f**ker who keeps riping off consumers. I would slap Apple as well.)

The printer I have is pixma mx922.

I'm currently using the ink from this website:
https://www.cisinks.com/

proximately 13$ for 3LargeBlack 3Smallblack ink refilling.

What are you guys using?

Cryptonic
December 31st, 2013, 11:28 AM
I use my work's printer for everything

kyle1234513
December 31st, 2013, 11:28 AM
go to your local library and print for ~semi~ free?

i just use my schools ink + paper. already paid for by tuition, may as well use it.

Bunny
December 31st, 2013, 11:37 AM
I use my work's printer for everything

yap me to. lol

WHITE BOY SLIM AYO
December 31st, 2013, 11:37 AM
I also use the printers available at school.

The only time I use my home printer is when I need something immediately. It's rarely used, and the last time I bought ink for it costed (I believe) $23.

louiswill
December 31st, 2013, 11:43 AM
My previous college De Anza charges student 10 cents each paper.

I also use the printers available at school.

The only time I use my home printer is when I need something immediately. It's rarely used, and the last time I bought ink for it costed (I believe) $23.

That is the case when printer cost >= ink cost, around 800-1000 paper per year.

Tossangel
December 31st, 2013, 06:41 PM
I am still getting ripped off by HP...

WHITE BOY SLIM AYO
December 31st, 2013, 07:26 PM
My previous college De Anza charges student 10 cents each paper.

That is the case when printer cost >= ink cost, around 800-1000 paper per year.

Damn bro, I went to Drexel University and they also charged 10 cent per print. I never went inside, but I was also told that they charged about $20 to enter their cafeteria. It's real bullshit. Anyways, I transferred out of there and now have free printing at school.

Helz
December 31st, 2013, 07:44 PM
I think I have an HP. I rarely print and have not been raped by ink prices yet but honestly I consider printers disposable. You can almost buy a stack of paper and get an all in one printer/scanner/copier/fax free. You have to pay hard for the nice printers but really.. How often do you need any quality at all? Every time I print its a a document to be emailed anyways..

louiswill
December 31st, 2013, 07:50 PM
I think I have an HP. I rarely print and have not been raped by ink prices yet but honestly I consider printers disposable. You can almost buy a stack of paper and get an all in one printer/scanner/copier/fax free. You have to pay hard for the nice printers but really.. How often do you need any quality at all? Every time I print its a a document to be emailed anyways..

Ikr, I had to set all my computer to the option "Print as horriblely as they can" (black&white&greyscale&lowest quality)

The line between the cost of a printer/fax/copier etc and the cost of paper/ink/lazerdust was 800-1000 paper depend on which kind of printer we have.

A nicer printer is now defined as the one which can print acceptable quality in low cost per paper.