View Full Version : New Leader

Alan
October 3rd, 2011, 01:39 AM
Hai new leader, and hai Gladys :P

I'm pretty busy this morning at work so I'll post my idea straight:
-convert Ralph

Why him? Simple:
1) He already got ALL the game figured out, we can't let him
2) Tonight Gladys will heal you so you're not at risk, and you don't want to cult rosenberg with jesse alive so it doesn't matter.
3) Jesse is the lynch target for tomorrow. I don't really think we can lynch someone else beside him, so we can't cult him.
4) With Ralph on our team, we can easily lynch Jesse tomorrow and cult Rosenberg the next night: no one of us will die and we'll control all the kills without worrying about the enforcer.

There is a little risk that he will be killed by the orange mafia, but I think it's unlikely. They will probably go against you and you will be healed, or jerry.
Also, if he gets killed after being culted, we can still pull off a lynch against Jesse by saying that you are not the Cult Leader since Ralph was accusing you.

@GLADYS: be fast to say to Jerry that you did that because they think you are the GF and so you will get a shot and they won't suspect you two of being in the same team, we don't want him to suspect you of being culted.
Try to get him kill Velma. She will not be healed because Ralph think she's cult and we all need the BD dead.
If you can't convince him, use as a last resort the fact that we will cult him tomorrow night after we culted the orange mafia and he'll win with us. (obviously we won't, but that's not the point)

Alan
October 3rd, 2011, 01:43 AM
No wait Velma has a vest.

Ralph will probably heal Thelma so he's not a good target. I believe that Emerald will mismason so it's not a good idea to kill her either, what about Thomas? He's a confirmed townie and needs to die aswell. Or Matthew.

Alan
October 3rd, 2011, 02:05 AM
There is the possibility that Ralph will be bussed by Velma, I haven't considered that.

We could cult Velma? However she's suspected to be cult and I don't know if I can pull another lynch tomorrow with Ralph in the town. It's extremely likely you will be lynched Chris.

Alan
October 3rd, 2011, 02:46 AM
Yay 4th post in a row.

So my suggestion now is
-convert Velma

He's the only target we can be sure about and he will provide protection for you the following nights. Also he won't be killed tonight since he have a vest.

Chris
October 3rd, 2011, 04:59 AM
Good evening. As you can see, Sasha has had a little run in with some unfriendly town. I will be replacing her from here on out.

The way I see it right now, we only have one card to play and that is to hope that the scum still want to win this game. If I die, then Jerry has no chance of winning as a claimed rnd mafia. And Orange is pretty much exposed as well.

We need to unite the scum and become one big entity to defeat the mighty town. So, I plan to

1- recruit Jesse the enforcer tonight. Rosenberg might be enforced so we need to solve that problem first.

2- Gladys, you are the key. I need you to deliever a message to Jerry:

Jerry, I know you and Sasha were at war and our clans haven't always been nice to each other in the past. But I am not Sasha and I would like to propose a truce between our clans. You are an exposed mafia. If you want to win this game, then you should know that being alone against this hungry town isn't an option.

However, if we unite all the scum under one banner. We can still pull off a victory. I'll be busy recruiting an orange mafia tonight for the first time. I need to be able to communicate with both of you if we are going to pull this off. Orange has been screwing both of our clans over since the start. I will officially recruit you tomorrow night so you can win with us.

In the meantime, I would like you to kill thomas. He has the least amount of chance to be bussed or healed. We can't let a power role messing us up now.

Tomorrow during the day, we'll try to lynch Velma the Bus driver. If we all survive the night, our combined numbers should be 6 scum vs 6 town or less if there is a mismason. If we can't lynch Velma, we can force a no lynch.

This is the only way that you can win this game. I beg you to consider an alliance against the town.

I also need you to make a death note to comunicate with the remaining orange member so he knows what we are up to. Please write:

"Vermaak 88, please do the math and realise that you cannot win alone. This town outnumbers you. However if all the scum vote together, we can overpower them. The cult leader has recruited one of you last night. So we can coordinate night attacks without the town knowing what we are up to. For today, we need to kill the Bus Driver. Please vote Velma with us. Your disguiser will not be able to hide forever."

Also Gladys, I need you to heal me tonight. I expect Orange to be try to kill me.

Alan
October 3rd, 2011, 05:47 AM
This is one crazy ass plan.

I don't like the style of it, but I can't deny that it's better then mine. There are a lot of implications that makes it better.
This is what I think will happen tonight:
- Thelma will mismason on you.
- Ralph will heal Thelma.
- Emerald will act like she was attacked to make a trap for Rosenberg. It's also possible that she still have a vest from a couple of nights ago and she will use to soak a kill.
- Velma will use her last vest and bus Ralph with Gladys (or Jesse, or Jerry)
- Jesse will enforce Rosenberg.
- Rosenberg will attack you. Or Emerald, see above.
So the plan is still good even if Velma bus Jesse, because we cult Ralph that was my idea in the first place, and with that death note we could even get the orange mafia voting with us.

I say let's do it. Everything is in Jerry hands however ... go go Gladys :)

Elixir
October 3rd, 2011, 05:48 AM
Attn Gladys: Whatever you say here or in PM will be taken over whatever you say in your other chat. You can lie to your old team in this way.

edit: Gladys is not allowed to reveal her reaper status to her original team. You can still go ahead with that plan, but if you explicitly say you're a reaper pain will be dealt. Reword what Chris has said to make it sound like you're still legit.

Gladys
October 3rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
Alright so I'm awake now. -tants fingers- I have no problem getting Jerry to do as I wish, as Janet has told you. I've only had one night where he disagreed, and that's where the Amber kill came from. I suspected after what Janet had said about Sonya that she was culted, but I wanted to wait a night before saying anything, as I knew that working together with the cult would have been our only option to win..being outnumbered with the town's multiple protective roles. That is why I decided to use my ability to block the horrid busdriver and finally kill the armorsmith. The armorsmith was the key kill in trying to win this game.

I knew from the start that my ability could be the key in winning this game during the late game. Luckily I was smart enough to conserve my ability and hide my status until it was needed. I will try to convince Jerry one way or another of our plan. I've made it no secret that I wanted to ignore the cult as mafia throughout the game, so I'm hoping that he continues to go with it. I'm assured that orange will attack Chris. Based on their pattern of kills, I should only hope they do that, or attack a bussed medic. Yes, I'm adamant on the fact that the busdriver will bus a medic. I've been pretty accurate at figuring out who won't be bussed and have made the kills for red that way.

Anyway, I'll just post this here for now.

-Use heal ability on Chris

Alan
October 3rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Ok Gladys, that's good news.

The important thing is that he doesn't vote for Chris tomorrow. But since we can't do the death note thing (i think) Chris will have to reveal himself tomorrow, unless he comes up with something else.

Gladys
October 3rd, 2011, 11:40 AM
This is going to be harder than I thought. He's gone mad i say!

It wasn't nice to kill the spreekiller, since he cant kill me and you should grab another night action, maybe vigis gun or something

so let's see who to kill

velma said she doesn't have a vest, but uhm... IT'S A TRAP!
receiving vest happens before killing
so lets see who's left, killing masons would only benefit cult, from our two docs one is disguised, I don't like to wast a kill on them
cits strike out for the same reason masons do
thomas is likely to get a heal if ralph is still a doc
i thought about killing the enforcer to cut a possible deffence if mathew is not mason at the end of the night, but its not my job to do so, since its only to proof if he kills the mason that visits him
chris himself is a lynch target for tomorrow
this only leaves Alan, even thou its stupid to kill a vigi who is out of shots, but hes pretty much cult... and it gives you the chance to instantly steal his gun since grave robbery comes after killing (Elixir may correct me if it works this way, if not you may choose Spreekillerkill)

oh and even thou I doubt that you are culted I'm becoming slightly paranoid and will start making decisions on my own so

-kill Alan, send Jerry

oh and if Alan reads this someday, I'm really sorry to kill EU-people, but its the best way

That was the first thing posted in our chat. I'm trying to persuade him otherwise. I'm sure somehow he'll pick up that we're all being culted without me saying so.

Gladys
October 3rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
Basically, If I can't convince him, we are screwed. He's kind of bad at decision-making so we shall see what comes of this.

Alan
October 3rd, 2011, 11:49 AM
WTF. It shouldn't be hard to convince him, this idea is just terrible.

He seriously think he can win alone? There's not much we can do if he's at this level of retardness.

Gladys
October 3rd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Yup. I won't know what he's gonna say until he comes back. But I knew we were screwed with him as our godfather from the start.

Alan
October 3rd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Well, if you can't help it make a clear hint that you can't win ALONE, and you need the help of all the three scum factions to win. Without hinting that you are cult, something alone the lines of "However, don't kill Alan, keep collaborating. 0 kills tonight will make everyone lose. You will be rewarded.". Just off the top of my head, you can probably make it better.

Gladys
October 3rd, 2011, 11:56 AM
Oh here I'll show you what i've posted right after reading his text:

Alright Jerry, I've made it no secret that I'm against killing the cult. I'm adamant that the orange mafia will kill the cult leader Chris. No one wants to heal them. But i'm against killing alan for one reason: The town's protective roles will outnumber all of us. If we kill off the cult, they will chop away at the orange mafia first, jesse being the town's target. The town's numbers will not have diminished, and both factions being outnumbered by town will start voting off the mafia. The cult will be gone, the mafia will be gone. There is no way for us to win by picking off the cult if you think about it.

Think about it: They have masons, and they will use them to kill off the cult themselves. Don't you think the masons (who were curious about Alan themselves) will attack Alan and kill him off? Our best strategy is to kill off the town, dwindle their voting power, and take over. Think about it Jerry, because Janet was culted (And i was obviously going against her) The cult should know who we are. They won't interfere with us. Our best chance of winning is to hope that we will both be culted along with them. I'm pretty sure they're eyeing that option, as we're both not the town's target to kill.

I'd suggest killing Thomas, as he's the least likely to be bussed or healed out of the town's power roles. We'd be taking out the actual vig before he could do us any harm.

Alan
October 3rd, 2011, 11:58 AM
That's good. I told you that you would make it better :P

Let's hope he's not completely retarded then. Do you have any idea when he's going to come back?

Gladys
October 3rd, 2011, 12:45 PM
He likes to go on hiatus for long periods of time. He's already submitted his action, so he probably won't come back until I'm gone for the night (headed to work). I work 3rd shift tonight so if he doesn't come back before then and change his action, know that we've lost the game.

Alan
October 3rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Well that's not looking any good, but there's literally nothing I can do, so I'm going to bed.

See you tomorrow, I will log several hours before the deadline

Gladys
October 3rd, 2011, 01:44 PM
Jerry is online, just awaiting his response. I just hope he's not smart enough to see the obvious contradictions within my statement. If he isn't, I'll have gained the sheep. If he is, he'll pretty much know I'm culted and may entirely ruin our chances of doing anything.

Chris
October 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
-Recruit Jesse Send Chris

We can only hope that he sees that killing me will make him loose. I'll be publically exposing myself tomorrow hoping to drive that point home with every scum left in this town.

Gladys
October 3rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
He logged in, didn't post. I'm going to assume he's sticking with his kill Alan strategy. If that's so I'm a little bit torn on what to do. If I don't heal Alan, our numbers dwindle and we stagnate. We die off one by one with Jerry's bull-headed decisions.

If I heal Chris, we save the cult (for now) but he will most likely die due to a lynch on the next day, as Jerry probably will no longer listen to a thing I say. I doubt there's any way for me to get through to him that we want to grab him before the end. Our chance of victory is slim.

I'm almost thinking about changing my night action to heal Alan, hoping that Chris is left alone, seeing as the orange probably want a scapegoat to have a reason to not be lynched. If the masons do in fact go for Alan, and Jerry shoot Alan, it's a done deal, he will die.

Jerry was an eyesore from the start and I'm sorry, but I don't think that there's anything I can do. If only we could pull off a stunt like the town did on Day 4 would we ever stand a chance of winning.

Chris
October 3rd, 2011, 02:13 PM
No, heal me. If ANY Scum dies, we all loose and town will win. Orange has been messing with the numbers from the start and I still think they'll shoot me.

If he thinks you think that he'll kill Alan, he might just target me himself and not tell you.

Althought changing all our last wills to: "gg town wins because scum couldn't get along to win"
wouldn't be a bad idea to drive the point home.

Gladys, I know that negotiating with people who are bad at math is hard, but do your best. All the scum are counting on you.

We need red to kill a town, ANY town, as long as it's town.

Gladys
October 3rd, 2011, 02:33 PM
besides hoping to get culted is against our victory conditions im sure it wont work this way
if jannet told them who we are they will probably get me to controll our kills and then either get control about about other mafia kills or about the important town members to outnumber the rest.

about masons, if they try to recruit alan they just get to know if he is culted, but if they go for chris they check him and rosenberg at the same time, so if we assume they go for maximum info theyll probably wont change their target

the protectiv roles arent that dangerous if one is indeed culded and another one is disguised

but meh ill think about it

In order to get help persuading Jerry, I'm posting everything that I post and he posts from the chat here.

I would suggest doing a head count.

Velma - Bus Driver
Emerald - Mason Leader
Ralph - Medic
Thelma - Mason
Rosenberg - Disguiser
Alan - Vig (cult)
Chris - Cult Leader
Gladys - Red GR
Thomas - Vig
Jerry - Red GF
Roger - Doctor
Matthew - Citizen
Jesse - Orange Enforcer (cult)

There are 2 Red mafia
There is 1 Orange mafia
There are 3 Cult (Based off of the Sonya block, the cult deaths, and the # of possible recruitments)
There are 7 Town

Lets say we pick off the cult.

That leaves 2 R, 1O, 2C, 7T

Lets say that the orange was in fact culted, and they went to pick off a town as a likely choice:

That leaves 2R, 1O, 2C 6T

Lets say that the cult converts a town role.

That leaves 2R, 1O, 3C, 5T

The town realizes that Chris is the cult leader. The majority vote will be 6. It only takes the one vote from us to pick off the cult leader, he dies, and so does half of his people (1 in this case)

That leaves 2R 1O 1C 5T

The following night the OJ picks off a town, we pick off a town.

2R 1O 1C 3T Majority vote becomes 4. They go for US BECAUSE WE HOLD THE MAJORITY, and OJ WILL GO ALONG WITH IT.

1R 1O 1C 3T Each picks off a town, cult sits and rots.

1R 1O 1C 1T

Do you see the issue? They will know that you are godfather, trust me on that. The cult had this information, so you'll be the one voted off. In this likely scenario, it's comes to a 1v1v1v1, in which we can't possibly win. The orange will attack us to win, we'll attack them to win, it's sort of a tie in that sense. Keep in mind that this is a BEST CASE SCENARIO.

It's a question of math. The math just doesn't add up for us to win by picking off a cult. We have to pick off a town and hope for the best.

Oh, and Jerry, you should check the options again.

Priest(Mason): Will Kill anyone found to be control by the Reaper taint if attempting to recruit. Attempting to recruit a Conduit, or an evil Neutral will result in the Priest’s death.

Keep in mind that i was "recruited" the previous night and that Emerald was healed.

This is everything that's been said so far, hope it helps.

Gladys
October 3rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
Oh, also, because I don't like your strategy:

-Use heal ability Alan

Yes, Jerry. I had a feeling that at some point you would be paranoid about me. I had grabbed the heal ability for this purpose. I feel compelled to override your ability to kill. You cannot send me to do the killing, as I'm using my ability and refuse to be sent. I'm healing your targeted person because I disagree with your decision. Feel free to choose someone else.

If these statements don't change his mind, I don't know what will. Also, because my ability use in this chat overrides the one in the mafia chat (As Elixir says) then I will still -heal Chris. It's is all a deception on Jerry, and should scare him into doing what I want.

Chris
October 3rd, 2011, 04:19 PM
He is really gonna piss me off if he doesn't even try to win.

Gladys
October 3rd, 2011, 06:11 PM
Just have to say good luck. I'm headed off to work. Hope he doesnt shoot Alan.

Chris
October 3rd, 2011, 06:13 PM
Hope it works Fred.

Alan
October 3rd, 2011, 11:27 PM
I'm back, I see there are no news. You're doing a really good job Gladys, thanks for your efforts.

If you want me to make a particular last will, let me know.

Chris
October 3rd, 2011, 11:58 PM
could make a last will that is similar to what I wanted the death note to say

Alan
October 4th, 2011, 12:29 AM
could make a last will that is similar to what I wanted the death note to say

Already done that. I made it so it refers to Jerry too, while people will think it refers to Gladys since they think she's the GF. WIFOM ftw.

Let's hope he change his mind however.

Alan
October 4th, 2011, 01:58 AM
is afraid to die :(