PDA

View Full Version : What vehicle should I purchase?

Brendan
December 20th, 2013, 12:02 AM
I currently drive a 2013 Dodge Challenger, but have recently had an epiphany and wish to obtain a different vehicle. I'm looking for something quick, appealing to the eye, reliable, and under ~$35,000. Any suggestions or criticism relative to the thread are welcome!
Vehicles I'm looking at so far:

BMW M3 (E46)
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=75035&endYear=2005&modelCode1=M3&showcaseOwnerId=56666255&startYear=2001&makeCode1=BMW&searchRadius=0&mmt=%5BBMW%5BM3%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=351457269&listingIndex=2&Log=0
Dodge Viper
2005 Lotus Elise
Dodge SRT-4
Toyota Supra
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=33603&endYear=2014&modelCode1=SUPRA&showcaseOwnerId=100002214&startYear=1981&makeCode1=TOYOTA&listingTypes=all&searchRadius=100&mmt=%5BTOYOTA%5BSUPRA%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=353179089&listingIndex=1&Log=0

This thread will be updated quite often with links to cars.
I had been eyeing a particular Lotus Elise for about a month but it recently sold. :(

Mateo
December 20th, 2013, 12:26 AM
impreza wrx sti

louiswill
December 20th, 2013, 02:28 AM
epiphany? Did it go to heaven too?

I really want to give suggestions but I have only driven one car whole life.

toyota 2010 corolla

Frog
December 20th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Frog's Wisdom of Ribbit.

car = depreciating asset.

Loose women = Condom/3g amoxicillin

Disclaimer: I own a Chevy Trailblazer Ext in the states and I have a driver with a Lexus LS 600h L in Dubai

If you do not have more than $200,000 in the bank, don't throw your money on a depreciating asset. That's the first big thing young people can buy. Invest in a property instead. If you must buy a car in your budget, I'd say go for a VW Jetta diesel, plenty of power and resale value is astronomical.

RLVG
December 20th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Toyota Hybrid / Prius. They're #1 in security and if you watched top gear, it's nearly impossible to kill a toyota.

The Hybrid allows three choices : Biofuel, Gas and Electricity.

How can you get it cheap? Used. You just need to be on the lookout, or you can attempt to trade the current vehicle.

Prefered option would be to attempt trading a Veteran (30> year old) vehicle as they're more pricy and there's no road taxes.

Mateo
December 20th, 2013, 06:10 AM
stop being jooish, he said he has ~30k to spend on something fast and lists sports cars, obv he has the money to buy something besides a 90's Volvo stationwagon

Bunny
December 20th, 2013, 07:26 AM
I currently drive a 2013 Dodge Challenger, but have recently had an epiphany and wish to obtain a different vehicle. I'm looking for something quick, appealing to the eye, reliable, and under ~$35,000. Any suggestions or criticism relative to the thread are welcome!
Vehicles I'm looking at so far:

BMW M3 (E46)
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=75035&endYear=2005&modelCode1=M3&showcaseOwnerId=56666255&startYear=2001&makeCode1=BMW&searchRadius=0&mmt=%5BBMW%5BM3%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=351457269&listingIndex=2&Log=0
Dodge Viper
2005 Lotus Elise
Dodge SRT-4
Toyota Supra
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=33603&endYear=2014&modelCode1=SUPRA&showcaseOwnerId=100002214&startYear=1981&makeCode1=TOYOTA&listingTypes=all&searchRadius=100&mmt=%5BTOYOTA%5BSUPRA%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=353179089&listingIndex=1&Log=0

This thread will be updated quite often with links to cars.
I had been eyeing a particular Lotus Elise for about a month but it recently sold. :(

did you crash again? was that your ephiphany =P get something from here http://equus-automotive.com/gallery

Brendan
December 20th, 2013, 03:49 PM
did you crash again? was that your ephiphany =P get something from here http://equus-automotive.com/gallery

No I just don't want to drive a car with such an awful power to weight ratio. I don't want to dump money into it because I can buy a faster car and cooler car with the same amount of money.

zingo1zang
December 20th, 2013, 03:58 PM

The first pic that shows up is practically an exact copy of Los Santos International Airport, and for a second I thought it was GTA V. The hangar to the back left of the car looks exactly like it matches the hangar in LS AP. Coincidence?

Brendan
December 20th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Frog's Wisdom of Ribbit.

car = depreciating asset.

Loose women = Condom/3g amoxicillin

Disclaimer: I own a Chevy Trailblazer Ext in the states and I have a driver with a Lexus LS 600h L in Dubai

If you do not have more than $200,000 in the bank, don't throw your money on a depreciating asset. That's the first big thing young people can buy. Invest in a property instead. If you must buy a car in your budget, I'd say go for a VW Jetta diesel, plenty of power and resale value is astronomical.

This is actually pretty good advice for a frog. Most of the used cars I'm looking at have already done 80%-90% of their depreciating depending on how much I drive it before I sell it. The Jetta is simply not fast enough for my taste.

Brendan
December 20th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Toyota Hybrid / Prius. They're #1 in security and if you watched top gear, it's nearly impossible to kill a toyota.

The Hybrid allows three choices : Biofuel, Gas and Electricity.

How can you get it cheap? Used. You just need to be on the lookout, or you can attempt to trade the current vehicle.

Prefered option would be to attempt trading a Veteran (30> year old) vehicle as they're more pricy and there's no road taxes.

I could purchase most of their hybrids new and all of them used with low mileage. I feel like this post is a joke. If you read the thread I want a fast car, not a car that goes 0-60 in 10 seconds.

Brendan
December 20th, 2013, 04:49 PM
impreza wrx sti
Personally I don't like their styling. They're just high performance sedans. I also know a kid with an sti that keyed my car and would not like to join his ranks.

stop being jooish, he said he has ~30k to spend on something fast and lists sports cars, obv he has the money to buy something besides a 90's Volvo stationwagon
Thanks for getting the thread back on topic.

Mateo
December 20th, 2013, 05:26 PM
i personally dont like the syle of the impreza either, i just saw you listed the dodge srt-4 which is similar. i used to drive a 3000GT, best vehicle ive ever driven. hard to find one with low miles, but again you listed the supra, and the 3kgt was designed to beat it. i like the m3 you linked. if you are looking for a newer car id go nissan

zingo1zang
December 20th, 2013, 05:51 PM
fuck money get bitches

Helz
December 20th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I heavily agree with frogs words of wisdom.

If you are dead set on buying something be smart and get 2 cars. One you want and one pos that runs. Claim the nice one as a 95% work vehicle and provide justification for the last few days of the year as work. Then if you make a lot use an accelerated depreciation to max out your tax return and get a nice chunk of it back in a few months.

This would be a responsible way to get the most out of your money even if that 30k you referenced is your loan cap and not cash.

(Btw, dont use the accelerated depreciation on a 30k car unless you have a taxable income of over 100k for this year)

Frog
December 20th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Helz, we're like the same person. It's scary.

Brendan
December 20th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I heavily agree with frogs words of wisdom.

If you are dead set on buying something be smart and get 2 cars. One you want and one pos that runs. Claim the nice one as a 95% work vehicle and provide justification for the last few days of the year as work. Then if you make a lot use an accelerated depreciation to max out your tax return and get a nice chunk of it back in a few months.

This would be a responsible way to get the most out of your money even if that 30k you referenced is your loan cap and not cash.

(Btw, dont use the accelerated depreciation on a 30k car unless you have a taxable income of over 100k for this year)

I'm 17 and my car was payed for with cash. I'd sell/trade my car, refund the warranty on it and pay with cash.

Helz
December 20th, 2013, 09:41 PM
I'm 17 and my car was payed for with cash. I'd sell/trade my car, refund the warranty on it and pay with cash.

I can not say much other than what do you drive? What are you looking for? I know how to make the most of income but a vehicle purchase is a very personal investment. There is smart buys and there is desired buys. The advice I just gave was to make a smart desired buy. Its not what I would do but I think its the best fit for his situation.

If you want PM me on your situation to avoid the pub bullshit but I don't much care for recommending specific buys. I ran into a situation a year ago on an unimproved land buy that was more trouble than it was worth.

Taxes are simple. Buy near the end of the year and there is money to be had. You want to be able to claim your vehicle as 95% work which avoids an audit (over 95%) and gets your money back (depreciation / downpayment). If you can make a down payment avoid going for depreciation until the next year. And it is a lot better to buywhen you have a vehicle. Use what you own as a personal to justify your buy and bank the downpayment. Wait a year and use the depreciation..

oops_ur_dead
December 20th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Tell your mom to buy a Ford Mustang.

Make sure it comes with a semi-auto transmission.

Brendan
December 22nd, 2013, 02:37 PM
Tell your mom to buy a Ford Mustang.

Make sure it comes with a semi-auto transmission.

mustangs r pretty fast but im done with american muscle cars

Bruno
December 23rd, 2013, 08:12 AM
Your dad's getting a new car? That's pretty cool. Haha, remember when you were grounded for two weeks after crashing your dad's BMW?

Brendan
December 28th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Your dad's getting a new car?
No

Remember when you were grounded for two weeks after crashing your dad's BMW?
No

BrockSamson
December 28th, 2013, 09:06 AM
"impreza wrx sti"

Yup. Get the hatchback. Besides all the power, you get AWD so you're not a hopeless fool in the snow.

Brendan
December 28th, 2013, 11:25 AM
"impreza wrx sti"

Yup. Get the hatchback. Besides all the power, you get AWD so you're not a hopeless fool in the snow.

Is family sedan not 4 me

BrockSamson
December 28th, 2013, 11:45 AM
You never know, you may want the space. Plus it's 305 hp is no joke.

Brendan
December 28th, 2013, 11:59 AM
You never know, you may want the space. Plus it's 305 hp is no joke.

Challenger has 305 hp. BMW has 600hp.

Admiral
December 28th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Where the hell did you get $35,000 at 17? In addition to the thing you're already driving?

Brendan
December 28th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Where the hell did you get $35,000 at 17? In addition to the thing you're already driving?

I believe you've misunderstood. I intend to sell my car.

Admiral
December 28th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I believe you've misunderstood. I intend to sell my car.

Fine, how/where did you get the 2013 Challenger?

I drive this: 2006 Ford Five-Hundred (Limited)

Pros: Spacious, comfortable, relatively safe(somewhat due to the size)

Cons: Gas mileage, speed(not really too much of a concern for me), not enough doohickeys for a "Limited." I know it wasn't too common for cars of that year but that digital speed-o on the newer civics and in-dash touch screen shit is awesome. I would love to mount a tablet in place of my radio for a "touch-screen" dash.

Edit: I'd probably take a loss on it but I want to sell/trade for a Corolla or Civic. Possibly Hybrid. I drove a 2007 Civic Hybrid but did not like the transition from Electric to gas. I wonder if a newer one is more smooth.

If selling it is not feasible, I will do some home-brew mods to it and try again later.

Brendan
December 28th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Fine, how/where did you get the 2013 Challenger?

I drive this: 2006 Ford Five-Hundred (Limited)

Pros: Spacious, comfortable, relatively safe(somewhat due to the size)

Cons: Gas mileage, speed(not really too much of a concern for me), not enough doohickeys for a "Limited." I know it wasn't too common for cars of that year but that digital speed-o on the newer civics and in-dash touch screen shit is awesome. I would love to mount a tablet in place of my radio for a "touch-screen" dash.

Edit: I'd probably take a loss on it but I want to sell/trade for a Corolla or Civic. Possibly Hybrid. I drove a 2007 Civic Hybrid but did not like the transition from Electric to gas. I wonder if a newer one is more smooth.

If selling it is not feasible, I will do some home-brew mods to it and try again later.

Home-brew mods?

Admiral
December 28th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Home-brew mods?

Like I go buy a tablet that would fit in the area where the radio is and work the install out myself.

Brendan
December 28th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Like I go buy a tablet that would fit in the area where the radio is and work the install out myself.

lol do it. tablet replacement console.

Mateo
December 29th, 2013, 12:51 AM
nevermind, u should get a volvo. much safer

Jr4life24
December 29th, 2013, 03:36 AM
nevermind, u should get a volvo. much safer

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give VOLVO

BrockSamson
December 29th, 2013, 05:47 AM
I just bought a 14 Subaru Forester w/ turbo and I fucking love it.

Mateo
December 29th, 2013, 06:03 AM
subaru is shit

BrockSamson
December 29th, 2013, 10:08 AM
"subaru is shit"

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Bruno
December 30th, 2013, 08:52 AM
brendan u crashed ur dads 1 series bmw and u got grounded lmfao

and now you deny it hahahahhaa

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM
brendan u crashed ur dads 1 series bmw and u got grounded lmfao

and now you deny it hahahahhaa

Whatever u say

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 11:27 AM
"subaru is shit"

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
Subaru is shit

Cryptonic
December 30th, 2013, 11:35 AM
why would you spend 35k on a car at your age? D:

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 11:45 AM
it really makes no sense to buy such a pricey care at your age.

Slaol
December 30th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I don't understand why you would spend that much when you have a working, and newer, vehicle already.

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Need 4 speed no1 will ever understand. Must go fast.

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 11:56 AM

you'll probably kill an innocent family with this mentality.

Cryptonic
December 30th, 2013, 11:57 AM

get a motorbike then. You can go much faster, and will likely only kill yourself.

Orpz
December 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM
u should get a yukon. never die

dont drive drunk ever

Orpz
December 30th, 2013, 12:16 PM
http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/gallery/GMC-Yukon-Denali-5000_3.jpg

it's a SWAT-tier bulletproof vehicle pretty much

u wont die guaranteed

Cryptonic
December 30th, 2013, 12:35 PM
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/873468.jpg

it's an old soviet model, shouldn't run you up too much.

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I was looking at BMW HP4s, but then I would have to drive a crap car. I would rather drive a fast car and save up for a decent bike.

BrockSamson
December 30th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Subaru is shit

I've gone 134 mph in it, what about you?

I can drive to work in 2 feet of snow and ice, what about you?

I can easily handle the off-road at my farm, a luscious 20 acres of woods.

You need to stop thinking just about how fast you can go and think about other shit.

1) Performance
2) Reliability
3) Safety…etc

Stop thinking like a 17 who is dying to crash his dad's car and think like a grown-up

Cryptonic
December 30th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I've gone 134 mph in it, what about you?

I can drive to work in 2 feet of snow and ice, what about you?

I can easily handle the off-road at my farm, a luscious 20 acres of woods.

You need to stop thinking just about how fast you can go and think about other shit.

1) Performance
2) Reliability
3) Safety…etc

Stop thinking like a 17 who is dying to crash his dad's car and think like a grown-up

lol bitter babby

ps edit: How can you drive through 2 feet of snow?

pss edit: do Subarus remind anybody else of the mentally handicapped of the vehicle world?

Orpz
December 30th, 2013, 12:53 PM
wud u rather speed into a car accident and die or succeed in life?

answer is obv now go buy a bugatti veyron

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Brock ur just mad u suck at chivalry: deadliest warrior

BrockSamson
December 30th, 2013, 12:56 PM
lol bitter babby

He should get the safest, most reliable, and quickest car in his budget - while considering the practicality of the car for his future needs. This is sage advice. SAGE

Too many people buy cars they can't handle and look like idiots when they shift…I used to drive for a living, and trust me. Big wallet does not equal driving skills.

Besides he's 17, he need to be in a car that can protect him for his inevitable drunk drive at 100 mph.

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 12:57 PM
why dont you get a jeep. everyone loves the person with a jeep.

He should get the safest, most reliable, and quickest car in his budget - while considering the practicality of the car for his future needs. This is sage advice. SAGE

Too many people buy cars they can't handle and look like idiots when they shift…I used to drive for a living, and trust me. Big wallet does not equal driving skills.

Besides he's 17, he need to be in a car that can protect him for his inevitable drunk drive at 100 mph.

also i really dont believe you were driving in 2 feet of snow on the roads with a subaru.

Cryptonic
December 30th, 2013, 12:57 PM

I fully agree, I just think you're being way to defensive about Subarus lol.

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:00 PM
BMW is safe and has 600 hp. I'm not too big on alcohol guys. Mostly marijuana and psychedelics. I drove on acid with sunglasses on at 1 am once.

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 01:02 PM
BMW is safe and has 600 hp. I'm not too big on alcohol guys. Mostly marijuana and psychedelics. I drove on acid with sunglasses on at 1 am once.

too baked whilst driving is sew scary!

Cryptonic
December 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM

don't get a bmw

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Realistically none of these car listing will be available by the time I get a job and save up ~5-7k. Probably going to buy at the end of this summer.

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 01:05 PM
with 35000 dollars you could move out and put a down dept on a house. That seems way more awesome than a car!

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:05 PM
too baked whilst driving is sew scary!
You don't even drive! And I disagree lol you get used to it

don't get a bmw
Y

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:07 PM
with 35000 dollars you could move out and put a down dept on a house. That seems way more awesome than a car!
Nah I'll probably live with my parents until I finish college/can't tolerate them any more to save money.

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 01:08 PM
You don't even drive! And I disagree lol you get used to it

Y

haha yeah you get used to it and coast and coast and then boom didnt see a curb lol and you look like a doofus! lol people drive me around

Nah I'll probably live with my parents until I finish college/can't tolerate them any more to save money.
really!?!? living on your own is 9 million percent better.

BrockSamson
December 30th, 2013, 01:09 PM
why dont you get a jeep. everyone loves the person with a jeep.

also i really dont believe you were driving in 2 feet of snow on the roads with a subaru.

I drove two-miles uphill both ways.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSG-pF1LXHI

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 01:12 PM

i can't watch a video at work, but i can't see how this is possible in a subaru. Like its just physically too short. Although I note where you live and assume your snow is potentially different than canada's snow.

BrockSamson
December 30th, 2013, 01:13 PM
i can't watch a video at work, but i can't see how this is possible in a subaru. Like its just physically too short. Although I note where you live and assume your snow is potentially different than canada's snow.

Mine is 4th generation, they raised it for the specific purpose of driving in deep snow and off-loading.

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:14 PM
haha yeah you get used to it and coast and coast and then boom didnt see a curb lol and you look like a doofus! lol people drive me around

really!?!? living on your own is 9 million percent better.

Driving high is hardly different from driving "sober". It was difficult the first few times because the area I usually smoke in is really confusing, but I haven't had any problems. I usually abide by the speed limit more often while high. I agree about living on your own, but I could save a lot of money. Like 50k+ In 4 years if I'm frugal.

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Driving high is hardly different from driving "sober". It was difficult the first few times because the area I usually smoke in is really confusing, but I haven't had any problems. I usually abide by the speed limit more often while high. I agree about living on your own, but I could save a lot of money. Like 50k+ In 4 years if I'm frugal.

i dno if depends on how much you smoke! and where you're going. Lots of tests have been done on your reactions when high and its a lot slower then when you're sober.

Frog
December 30th, 2013, 01:20 PM

Thinks he's driving a car.

Is actually making *vroom* noises while drooling at a Waffle House at 1 am.

Seriously though, driving on acid, I'd probably end up staring at my eyes in the rear-view instead of paying attention to the road.

I think Dave Chapelle has a good skit on driving high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM

Here we get ice not snow. Any snow is packed harder than granite. The snow in this video is clearly very light and fluffy.

Cryptonic
December 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM
BMW are high maint. Something casual will break, and you'll spend 5-6k just on parts.

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:22 PM
i dno if depends on how much you smoke! and where you're going. Lots of tests have been done on your reactions when high and its a lot slower then when you're sober.
Source pls

BrockSamson
December 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM

Seriously though, driving on acid, I'd probably end up staring at my eyes in the rear-view instead of paying attention to the road.

Holy SHIT. I live 10 min away from Dave Chapelle here in Ohio, and I swear on my nuts he has almost hit me driving high. I am not bullshiting you. He lives over in yellow springs, and he drives/walks around high all the time.

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM
bahah we get 2-3 feet of packed hard snow in a night. no shitty little subaru is going to make it through that

also brendan, get a bmw if it makes you happy =)

also, the known effects of smoking weed include drowsiness and reduced motor skills function

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:24 PM
BMW are high maint. Something casual will break, and you'll spend 5-6k just on parts.

Hopefully not

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:27 PM

No but this faggot kid that drives a Ferrari undid my gas cap and told me it was shooting out gasoline and I freaked out. I think the sunglasses helped.

BrockSamson
December 30th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Hopefully not

You better know how to do basic/intermediate maintenance on a bmw, or you will be paying some guy a large amount of money, LARGE, to do it for you.

Cryptonic
December 30th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Hopefully not

Well, it is pretty much guarenteed that your car will need parts eventually, you just gotta hope you'll get lucky and it'll be a while. I went to high school with a guy who sold his BMW and bought a new car because he couldn't get 8k for new parts & work lol. And then my other friend had to pay 3k for his parts & work, and this is what the mechanic told us about BMWs and not to get one unless you can afford upkeep lol.

BrockSamson
December 30th, 2013, 01:28 PM
bahah we get 2-3 feet of packed hard snow in a night. no shitty little subaru is going to make it through that

also brendan, get a bmw if it makes you happy =)

also, the known effects of smoking weed include drowsiness and reduced motor skills function

Welp, I have done it. I can't zoom around in deep snow, but my 2014 xt has made it to the WPAFB is that kind of weather.

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Welp, I have done it. I can't zoom around in deep snow, but my 2014 xt has made it to the WPAFB is that kind of weather.

no its not the same kind of weather. light fluffy cloud snow is easy get around in. If you had trouble in that then clearly you couldnt drive through the snow here.

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:31 PM
You better know how to do basic/intermediate maintenance on a bmw, or you will be paying some guy a large amount of money, LARGE, to do it for you.

Well, it is pretty much guarenteed that your car will need parts eventually, you just gotta hope you'll get lucky and it'll be a while. I went to high school with a guy who sold his BMW and bought a new car because he couldn't get 8k for new parts & work lol. And then my other friend had to pay 3k for his parts & work, and this is what the mechanic told us about BMWs and not to get one unless you can afford upkeep lol.

My friend'a dad owns a car repair shop so I've got the cheap labor hookup. I really doubt I'll end up driving one anyways though. Probably a Lotus.

BrockSamson
December 30th, 2013, 01:33 PM
no its not the same kind of weather. light fluffy cloud snow is easy get around in. If you had trouble in that then clearly you couldnt drive through the snow here.

I never said it was the same kind of snow, nor did I say I had trouble driving in the snow I did drive in. LTB a lawyer : )

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I never said it was the same kind of snow, nor did I say I had trouble driving in the snow I did drive in. LTB a lawyer : )

you say you cant zoom around in it and that you "made it" You make it seem like it was a slight issue.

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:36 PM
The hp4 is the only motorcycle in the world with launch control. It's pretty cool.
http://youtu.be/bq9dXOmSi_I

BrockSamson
December 30th, 2013, 01:36 PM
you say you cant zoom around in it and that you "made it" You make it seem like it was a slight issue.

Correct, I cannot use my turbo in the deep snow in the same way I can without the snow.

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:37 PM

You did kind of say you had trouble

BrockSamson
December 30th, 2013, 01:39 PM
You did kind of say you had trouble

Why don't you just get a jeep dude?

Frog
December 30th, 2013, 01:40 PM

Pt. 1) Subaru is the most popular make in Alaska for the reason of snow and ice performance.

Pt. 2) All Hail Brock Samson. (Totally not you in the video though, lel)

Pt. 3) Driving high usually makes you drive 10-15 under the speed limit b/c it feels fast enough (automatic).

Pt. 4) Still sounds like you shouldn't spend your $ on a depreciating asset... The only meaningful car in your price bracket (under $100k) is the Nissan GTR, and it's still made of unobtanium for you. Just going to make a snobby classist comment that spending all your $ on A car is such a poor person thing to do...

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Pt. 1) Subaru is the most popular make in Alaska for the reason of snow and ice performance.

Pt. 2) All Hail Brock Samson. (Totally not you in the video though, lel)

Pt. 3) Driving high usually makes you drive 10-15 under the speed limit b/c it feels fast enough (automatic).

Pt. 4) Still sounds like you shouldn't spend your $ on a depreciating asset... The only meaningful car in your price bracket (under $100k) is the Nissan GTR, and it's still made of unobtanium for you. Just going to make a snobby classist comment that spending all your $ on A car is such a poor person thing to do...

lol everyone little asian i see driving subarus gets effed in the winter, cars parked in the ditch cuz they cant manage through the roads here. Also i feel like you made #1. up.

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Why don't you just get a jeep dude?

Not fast

Cryptonic
December 30th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Not fast

you need something sizable so you can fit two 12s in the back

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 01:46 PM
you need something sizable so you can fit two 12s in the back

I'm not black

BrockSamson
December 30th, 2013, 01:47 PM
lol everyone little asian i see driving subarus gets effed in the winter, cars parked in the ditch cuz they cant manage through the roads here. Also i feel like you made #1. up.

Large white-driving Subaru population here in this part of ohio…not asian. There are much better severe weather/off-road cars on the market…much better…but in terms of overall utility in the price range, subaru forester xt has no competition.

First thing Brendan should do is figure out what exactly he needs in a car, and Frog is right when he says its a depreciating asset. Get what you need, maximize utility, and don't sink money into something you don't need.

Frog
December 30th, 2013, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Bunny;411431 Also i feel like you made #1. up.[/QUOTE]
Lol! You're going to have me scouring the interwebz to find that one statistic I read years ago. If I'm not back in 24 hours I'll have either gone insane from this mad quest or abandoned all hope and celebrating New Years in Vegas.

Bunny
December 30th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Lol! You're going to have me scouring the interwebz to find that one statistic I read years ago. If I'm not back in 24 hours I'll have either gone insane from this mad quest or abandoned all hope and celebrating New Years in Vegas.

haha no need to waste your time. i mean I understand certain subarus, like maybe a suv type one. But the little cars are no good.

BrockSamson
December 30th, 2013, 03:37 PM
The hp4 is the only motorcycle in the world with launch control. It's pretty cool.
http://youtu.be/bq9dXOmSi_I

If you are going to be a useful member of society, please do not get a motorcycle. The dangers outweigh the benefits. When smart/useful people die on motorcycles we all lose.

Brendan
December 30th, 2013, 06:51 PM
If you are going to be a useful member of society, please do not get a motorcycle. The dangers outweigh the benefits. When smart/useful people die on motorcycles we all lose.

Lol ok mom

Helz
December 30th, 2013, 08:20 PM

Everyone has to die someday. I figure doing something fun and reckless is a grand way to go out.

I second frogs last comment. Take that 30k, use 10 for a car and put 20 down on a house. You will thank yourself in a few years for not pissing away your money.

BrockSamson
December 31st, 2013, 12:26 AM
I used to be pro motorcycle, but I've decided their are too many idiot drivers for it to be worth the risk.

Bruno
January 3rd, 2014, 07:46 AM
Every teenage kid who has an obsession with cheap imports drives "Subies".

Brendan is dumb because a. He won't afford insurance unless mommy and daddy pitch in.
b. Destined to be future Landstander, careless and just driving fast to compensate for other things.

That's why I'm buying a diesel truck. Fun off road and on, and since it snows a ton here in the winter it'll come in handy if someone on the road needs pulled or something. But I'm just a nice guy like that.

PS: You definitely were grounded after crashing your dad's 1 series into your mailbox.

Brendan
January 3rd, 2014, 04:41 PM
Every teenage kid who has an obsession with cheap imports drives "Subies".

Brendan is dumb because a. He won't afford insurance unless mommy and daddy pitch in.
b. Destined to be future Landstander, careless and just driving fast to compensate for other things.

That's why I'm buying a diesel truck. Fun off road and on, and since it snows a ton here in the winter it'll come in handy if someone on the road needs pulled or something. But I'm just a nice guy like that.

PS: You definitely were grounded after crashing your dad's 1 series into your mailbox.

PS: no