PDA

View Full Version : secret ballot - when not enough votes for trial skip when day ends

arielb
December 19th, 2013, 01:12 PM
i like secret ballots saves, because it can add interesting stuff to the game (blackmailer for example).
but the problem is, that ppl usually dont skip days, and then the day ends, and one guy goes to trial with only 1 vote at him.

can u make option for secret ballot that will not do that? if not all required votes are up, then the day is over?

Hypersniper
December 19th, 2013, 03:03 PM
+1

louiswill
December 19th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Walk on trial, so what?

Can't people just vote innocent?

I will not support this idea.

I mainly use Secret ballots because I can vote anyone up with just 1 vote, therefore game becomes less turdy and pro killers.

RLVG
December 19th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Perhaps a trigger for when there's 2 or more votes. +1 just seems plain stupid.
It's like I sue my neighbour just because I want to and everyone else in the neighbourhood trusted him, but the court still had to happen.

AppleyNO
December 19th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Perhaps a trigger for when there's 2 or more votes. +1 just seems plain stupid.
It's like I sue my neighbour just because I want to and everyone else in the neighbourhood trusted him, but the court still had to happen.
In America.... the court would still happen.

PoDs Smurf
December 19th, 2013, 05:29 PM
i like secret ballots saves, because it can add interesting stuff to the game (blackmailer for example).
but the problem is, that ppl usually dont skip days, and then the day ends, and one guy goes to trial with only 1 vote at him.

can u make option for secret ballot that will not do that? if not all required votes are up, then the day is over?

If the person get 50% of the votes, then he will go on trial. The day will still continue after the trial if he walk out alive. If the 50% is not reached, the majority will be chosen at the end of the day, making it the last trial of the day.

kyle1234513
December 19th, 2013, 05:38 PM
i would like it if there was a minimum of 1/4th of the town voting to send someone to trial with ballot. so say theres 15ppl alive, so at least 4 ppl would have to vote in order to send someone to trial. and the person with 2 or 3 votes on them would be sent up as opposed to 1 person secretly voted, now this person is on trial. this would prevent the 1 person who voted by himself sending someone to the stand.

arielb
December 20th, 2013, 05:28 AM
i support all those ideas, its lots of people just voting for the heck of it, and then its 1 vote and someone is off to trial.
then he has to reveal, because if he doesnt, everyone will lynch him. (even with no clues).

this kinda ruins the game for the townies, and my save is based on a blackmailer so no one can spam votes. but i don't like the fact that a guy decides to click on someone, then he's off for a trial, and then no role=guilty.

and yes, pubs are dumb. but what can you do.

also, with secret ballots, ppl can't try to tell townies "2 more, 1 more" and ppl will follow.

louiswill
December 20th, 2013, 10:36 PM
i support all those ideas, its lots of people just voting for the heck of it, and then its 1 vote and someone is off to trial.
then he has to reveal, because if he doesnt, everyone will lynch him. (even with no clues).

this kinda ruins the game for the townies, and my save is based on a blackmailer so no one can spam votes. but i don't like the fact that a guy decides to click on someone, then he's off for a trial, and then no role=guilty.

and yes, pubs are dumb. but what can you do.

also, with secret ballots, ppl can't try to tell townies "2 more, 1 more" and ppl will follow.

Town should force revealing every day, especially in those stupid setups where town has too many power roles.

I'm one of the earliest lynch pusher, the line "NO role NO life!"was invented by me 2 years ago.

If you think it is too pro-town, then add more scums or neutrals instead.

zingo1zang
December 21st, 2013, 12:09 AM
Town should force revealing every day, especially in those stupid setups where town has too many power roles.

I'm one of the earliest lynch pusher, the line "NO role NO life!"was invented by me 2 years ago.

If you think it is too pro-town, then add more scums or neutrals instead.

"Invented by me"

ehm... no.. if your join date is accurate with your "invent" date, I was almost definitely using it before you by multiple month(s) not including the fact I did not immediately sign up to these forums. Even then, people were still using no role no llifeas an excuse to lynch. Not trying to be rude, but claiming you invented one of the most use phrases in the game that was around from D1 is pretty arrogant.

Dark.Revenant
December 24th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I'll set the minimum to 2 because you can't lynch people with just 1 vote in any situation in the other modes, since if there are only 2 players left the game ends.