PDA

View Full Version : I would like a proper reason as to why Mateo was banned?

Fuuton
December 5th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Hello,

Fuuton here.

Mateo is a good person and is not been afraid has of anything pls.

Unban? or give prpr rsonning ok?

Frog
December 5th, 2013, 06:58 AM
From my understanding, the staff has the ability to ban without reason or transparency. You are a guest on this site and are the random whims of PMSing staff. From what I gather, Mateo made a personal comment towards someone on circle jerk, where such discourse is allowed. However, refer to the vague group of PMSing staff as the most logical explanation, without personally singling out the person or reason for which Mateo was wrongfully banned.

It would appear unfair that the banning process for non-mods requires a lengthy and tedious public report, whereas mod-bans require no public oversight?

Raptorblaze
December 5th, 2013, 09:30 AM
From my understanding, the staff has the ability to ban without reason or transparency. You are a guest on this site and are the random whims of PMSing staff. From what I gather, Mateo made a personal comment towards someone on circle jerk, where such discourse is allowed. However, refer to the vague group of PMSing staff as the most logical explanation, without personally singling out the person or reason for which Mateo was wrongfully banned.

It would appear unfair that the banning process for non-mods requires a lengthy and tedious public report, whereas mod-bans require no public oversight?

He was banned for personal attacks after he'd been warned to stop, it was hardly us PMSing since he knew full well how we'd react. I already talked to him.

louiswill
December 5th, 2013, 09:33 AM
He was banned for personal attacks after he'd been warned to stop, it was hardly us PMSing since he knew full well how we'd react. I already talked to him.

From my read, I did not think Mateo went too far.

Damus, Ika etc were also partly responsible too. (probably 20% or so)

---I mean, seriously, a warning will not calm people down. The warning actually pushed his 'flaming' further than preventing it.

Well, This is an administration action anyway.

I'm happy to see civilians like frog and futuu standing up and ask for clarification.

However, it is not all that important after all. A temp ban.

Helz
December 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM

---I mean, seriously, a warning will not calm people down. The warning actually pushed his 'flaming' further than preventing it.

I'm happy to see civilians like frog and futuu standing up and ask for clarification.

This was probably the best response I have ever seen in my time on this site..

Raptorblaze
December 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM

It was already discussed with Mateo, and his ban has already expired.