PDA

View Full Version : More suggestions

No exit
May 13th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Dear Dark.Revenant,

Thanks for the great changes Dark Revenant and I was pleased to see that a lot of the previous suggestions have been listened to :).

1) The arsonist night ability UI is quite confusing. This might be just my particular instance because the first night I got manipulated by witch. So the second night I see the possibility to douse everyone except for my own name which has a red button which says "kill" ... so at this time I think that witch manipulated me to douse myself and I definitely don't want to press the kill button. Only in later games I understood how the arsonist UI really works.
So my suggestions are:
- See who you already doused and not being able to douse them again.
- Changing the red button "Kill" tooltip into "Kill all doused". It might even be nice to see whether or not pressing this button will also burn people that have been doused by other arsos. By changing the message to "You will burn all people that have been doused by you." or "You will burn all the people that have been doused by you or by other arsonists."

As a side question ... can you douse yourself (by witch targeting you or by bus driver swapping you and your target)?

2) Desyncs
Have you ever heard of any of the computer science terms: Semaphore / Mutual Exclusion / Locks / Atomicity / Critical section?
Not being aware of the importance of mutual exclusion and how to apply it in your map can lead your maps to have potential desyncs ... in theory (I did tests in WC3 editor and it seems to be robust against these kind of desyncs, in SC2 editor I never tried this but there is an action called "Critical function" which does seem to indicate the need of mutual exclusion).
If needed I can help you to give more in depth hints of where the possible traps (in theory) can lie in SC2 editor and how to solve them.

3) There seems to be a rare bug with vigil ammo, I once played as vigil and I had "-1" ammo (yes the minus sign and the 1 had the same color). The night that I did try to use my ability I died. My target also died but no detailed death message was given so it could have been that someone else targeted the same person and didn't die by me.
- The game was loaded from a save setup.
- There were multiple vigils in the game. Sadly I have no information about whether or not the other vigil had the same problem.

Thanks again for reading and for the great map :).

Kind regards,
No exit

Dark.Revenant
May 13th, 2011, 06:15 PM
I'm aware of the vigilante bug. The map does not cause desyncs and I am aware of potential issues that could cause threading problems, but no such things are given a chance to happen in my game.