PDA

View Full Version : Mafia and Gamethrowing

SamSparta
November 25th, 2013, 04:42 PM
I recently played a game in which I was Mafia with yellow. Yellow is accused, I am among one of the people who votes him up, in order to confirm myself not mafia. He doesn't end up getting trialed, instead 9 gets lynched. In Mafia chat, he says that I am a gamethrower and that he has muted me, and will report me. Does this qualify as gamethrowing? I've seen mafias vote up their fellow mafia to get confirmed as a strategy before, so I don't think one vote is a gamethrow.

Mugy
November 25th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I recently played a game in which I was Mafia with yellow. Yellow is accused, I am among one of the people who votes him up, in order to confirm myself not mafia. He doesn't end up getting trialed, instead 9 gets lynched. In Mafia chat, he says that I am a gamethrower and that he has muted me, and will report me. Does this qualify as gamethrowing? I've seen mafias vote up their fellow mafia to get confirmed as a strategy before, so I don't think one vote is a gamethrow.

No, it isn't game-throwing unless you are purposefully doing it to troll or disadvantage your team.

SamSparta
November 25th, 2013, 04:48 PM
honestly it is the people who DON'T vote him up who are more suspicious, so if I vote him up I am less suspicious and thus mafia have a higher chance of winning

louiswill
November 25th, 2013, 04:57 PM
honestly it is the people who DON'T vote him up who are more suspicious, so if I vote him up I am less suspicious and thus mafia have a higher chance of winning

It doesn't matter if you vote him up or not, but if you LYNCH him, it will be a different story.

Trial is always good for town, but lynches are not always.

A player such as Clay will taunt juries but he can still defend just enough.

The people who voted guilty are either idiotic town or neutral.

If the town is already quite terrible already, mafia can just abstain all the time and watch the shows.

The point of lynch is to force mafia to vote and increase their KPN/D,

depends on setup, you need to judge the situation every game.

Plus, usually town has couple killers(Curse those hosts)

It is always cool let jailor and vigilante to deal with scum talkers, since they have a hot gun burning their trig finger everynight.

Helz
November 25th, 2013, 06:16 PM
I lynch my team as mafia pretty often. I vote them up and guilty them if the situation calls for it and once in a while I even FOS them. I feel like most pubs you can kill the invest roles and run the town as scum pretty easily. Sacrificing a team mate will go a long way to gaining the trust of the town.
Some games if a player is bad enough or afk you killing them is the only thing they will be able to contribute to help the team win. It kinda sucks to be in that hotseat but shit happens.

UltimaNecros
November 25th, 2013, 06:56 PM
i once was GF and had an ally who was horrible disg and killed night one for a kill not even considering the actual power of disg, he speciffically said "the disg is meant to only get an extra kill at night dumbshit" (idiot). after that i was claiming invest and got a townie lynched and claimed there was a framer. then i said it was him to confirm my story and he rages out thinking i just threw the entire game and reveals me and the other guy and made us lose in a three day game.

Calling out a fellow maf is great strategy but sometimes they are stupid and rage out and call the rest of the mafia.

louiswill
November 25th, 2013, 07:11 PM
i once was GF and had an ally who was horrible disg and killed night one for a kill not even considering the actual power of disg, he speciffically said "the disg is meant to only get an extra kill at night dumbshit" (idiot). after that i was claiming invest and got a townie lynched and claimed there was a framer. then i said it was him to confirm my story and he rages out thinking i just threw the entire game and reveals me and the other guy and made us lose in a three day game.

Calling out a fellow maf is great strategy but sometimes they are stupid and rage out and call the rest of the mafia.

Well. It is a good plan except some political fail.

Always budding your allies.

No one want to co-oprate if they are not happy with it.

The function of disguiser is At LEasT an extra kill, that disguiser is like elementary level from your description.

Helz
November 25th, 2013, 09:31 PM

I once saw someone fake rage on a sheriff. 'report 6 for game throwing.' ect. The next day the town lynched the sheriff. Pretty funny.

louiswill
November 25th, 2013, 09:43 PM
I once saw someone fake rage on a sheriff. 'report 6 for game throwing.' ect. The next day the town lynched the sheriff. Pretty funny.

I used to do that, but I'm afraid it is reportable since I got pointbaned for similar trolling.

I was jester and claimed hacking game by successfully call out roles and shows off my points.

After game, then someone pmed me ask me if I really hacked points, I trolled yes.

I got banned nextweek.

Accusing gamethrow/hack/skype are really good ways to undermine your targets.

UltimaNecros
November 26th, 2013, 04:58 AM
I used to do that, but I'm afraid it is reportable since I got pointbaned for similar trolling.

I was jester and claimed hacking game by successfully call out roles and shows off my points.

After game, then someone pmed me ask me if I really hacked points, I trolled yes.

I got banned nextweek.

That is hilarious. I might try it.

Caylara
November 26th, 2013, 05:02 AM

I got banned nextweek.

I once got myself lynched as jester by claiming I was skyping with someone.
I also got myself lynched as town roles doing the same.

Frog
November 26th, 2013, 07:37 AM
You are a terrible mafia player. Even people with 0 wins and 1 loss play better than you.

My dearest Fuuton,

Why is it that you follow Caylara around? Stalking Caylara like an African Gazelle? Is it because you are a predator looking for easy prey? Is it because you are the terminator, sent back in time to target only Caylara? In any case it's blatantly obvious that your trolling is verging on personal attacks and shouldn't be permitted, forums or otherwise. This is hereby a formal cease and desist.

Now please return to discussing whether or not something is considered gamethrowing.

I usually employ this strategy which works well:
When I'm a bad guy and I'm lynched I say:
Screw you for voting me guilty gamethrower. I'm reporting you for voting against your own Mafia/Triad/Cult.

Let the witch hunt begin... :p