PDA

View Full Version : Night IV: Delaying the Inevitable

Elixir
September 27th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Night IV:

InFamous 2: The Blue Soundtrack - [Track 17/23] - The Beast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPmYLuz0cxw#ws)
(You know the drill refresh till you see it)

"Delaying the Inevitable"

No one will forget this day for quite some time... It was the only day in living memory where Humans and Conduits appeared to forget their differences and work towards a common objective, or as the case may have been, a common foe.

Today was the day that Joseph Bertrand came out of the shadows to lead the militia in a crusade against the Conduits, knowing full well that this action would put him right in Cole MacGrath's sights.

Under his guidance, the Militia of New Marais decreed that Candice would see death for her actions against the town. Bertrand himself led her outside in a showing of conviction.

Candice refused to draw her hood from away from her eyes. She seemed to be in a constant trance even when tied up to the wall in front of the firing squad. The shots rang out and pierced her flesh but what followed no one could have expected...

Flames erupted from the gunshot wounds, and Candices eye sockets glowed an evil glow. Her body seeming to rip itself apart from the inside out. The bonds holding her back broke as she began to levitate in the air, disintegrating in front of the entire forum. A piercing scream erupted as the smoldering pile of ash that once was Candice fell to the ground.

As the freakshow subsided, the crowd had absolutely no idea what happened... aside from Cole MacGrath. He had fought the Beast in Empire City... what they all just witnessed he saw on a much grander scale as the entire Beast seemed to disintegrate before his eyes... then rebuilt himself as if nothing happened. He knew that this would weaken the Beast and should buy New Marais the time it needed for him to get the strength to destroy it for good... but how long did he have? The Beast was still out there somewhere... and it was still coming for him.

A National News report later that evening reported the Military had lost sight of The Beast after a large explosion, wiping out over 3,500 soldiers and 20 million US dollars worth of military equipment. They had believed the fight to be won.

The time of the weak alliance between the Humans and Conduits was over... Bertrand will no doubt be coming for them next.

The Beast’s Location is Unknown.

Night IV will end at 7:30pm AEST Thursday 29th of September. - Follow this Link to see it in your time: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=7%3A30+pm+GMT%2B10+September+29

You must submit your actions no later than 1 hour before night ends

Days from now on will last 24 hours real time, down from 48 hours.

Candice’s Last will:

To Whom It May Concern,

If you are reading this, it means I have been killed while some wisp of my sanity remains. Every night it becomes increasingly more difficult for me to separate who I am with what I was before. I cannot even recall what I once was. All I can recall at this point is my burning drive to help this town with every fiber of my being. If I am to live until the end... that is my only goal. But if you are reading this, I have failed. The mafia lay hidden still, beneath the murkiness of this foul city. And I am dead.

Do not doubt the words I am about to write, as they, despite my sudden lapse of reason, are the absolute truth. Not once did I lie to you; every word spoken from my lips was meant solely to help you. Tomorrow I mean to disclose to you the most efficient way to find me, and pray that you do before I am swallowed up. But my greatest fear is that you, in your irrational terror of what is drawing near, will act in haste. Too much information too soon will leave this entire city in ruin. Fret not however, for I shall now instruct you on how to proceed from here on out.

The document ends abruptly, the rest of the page seemingly ripped away.

{ So. Here we are, exactly where I knew this game would end. I was absolutely certain I would not be able to win against a Day 4 mass role claim. Had it happened on Day 5, I was certain I could win. You guys are idiots if you think I would have claimed citizen in that scenario. There were many weak points where I could most likely press the matter and escape a day 5 lynch. Cop, Coroner, Orange Mafia, Doctor. Hell, I was even considering a neut killer claim until I was robbed of that possibility by a certain someone's decision to confirm what it wasn't his business to confirm. No, the real reason I gave up was that I just don't care anymore. This game just wasn't fun for me, and the events of this past day really just goes to show you as to why. The thread doubled in size in the 3 hours I was gone, after I sat that smashing my face against my desk for the past 30 some hours while NOTHING happened. Hell, you even used my own suggestions, passed them off as your own, and then used them to try and formulate an argument against me.

I am officially done with participating in Forum Mafia. Any passion I had for it has died. So, yeah. Consider this my goodbye, this is the last last will you will ever see from me.

P.S. Good job to those who thought I would save my vest for night 5. If I had survived day 5, the game would have ended. Tonight was your last chance to kill me.

P.S.S. Jerry is the cult leader.

P.S.S.S. Gladys is Yayap

Sincerely,
TheJackOfSpades, The Evil-doer who can never quite seal the deal. }

Members of the Militia Forum:

Jesse
Phillip
Matthew
Roger
Jerry
Thomas
Olga
Amber
Gladys
Chris
Alan
Rosenberg
Sonya
Delores
Theodore
Jane
Thelma
Nina
Joseph Bertrand (Todd)
Ralph
Janet
Emerald
Velma

Graveyard:

Verna: (Medic): Found dead on the sidewalk with premature Rigor Mortis. [Night I]
Joshua: (Citizen): Found dead in his home with a massive glacier in his chest. [Night I]
Yvette: (Stripper): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day II]
Jimmy: (Detective): Found thrown through a working television in an apartment stripped of power. [Night II]
Timothy: (Citizen): Repeatedly shot in the chest with a Militia Standard Issue Rifle. [Night II]
Patrick: (Lucy Kuo [MacGrath]): Blasted in the neck by a concealable Militia Revolver [Day III]
Faye: (Janitor [Vermaak 88]): Blasted in the neck by a concealable Militia Revolver [Day III]
Yolanda: (Citizen): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day III]
William: (Citizen): Hit by a truck. [Mod Killed] [Day III]
Brian: (Reaper - Investigator): Attempted to be Exorcised with a Cross burnt into his skull, later having his throat slit by a Man with a shard of Ice. [Night III]
Elizabeth:(Citizen): Found in multiple pieces in her home following an electrical explosion. [Night III]
Steve: (Framer [Vermaak 88]): Found in the Militia Forum Room with a gunshot wound to the head. [Night III]
Candice: (Soul of The Beast): Shot by the firing squad only to dematerialize right before everyone’s eyes. [Day IV]

Role List:

Cole MacGrath [MacGrath]
Zeke Dunbar [MacGrath]
Random Conduit [MacGrath]

Enforcer [Vermaak 88]
Random Conduit [Vermaak 88]

Sasha (Reaper Leader)
Random Killing Neutral
Random Neutral
Random Neutral

Joseph Bertrand
Cop
Coroner
Militia Extremist
Armorsmith
Priest
Random Power Town
Random Power Town
Random Power Town
Random Power Town
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

2 Random Town Roles have been accounted for.
1 Random Conduit [Vermaak 88] has been accounted for.

Random Conduit: Disguiser, Conduit, Enforcer, Janitor, Consort, Grave Robber, Framer, Consigliere, Drug Dealer
Random Neutral: Amnesiac, Executioner, Jester, Student, Witch
Random Killing Neutral: Serial Killer, Nix the Pyromaniac, Laroche, Leader of the Rebels, Spree Killer
Random Power Town: Cop, Investigator, Coroner, Militia Extremist, Stripper, Medic, Gunsmith, Armorsmith, Bodyguard, Priest, Detective, Lookout, Bus Driver, Jailor, Veteran