PDA

View Full Version : Day IV: Unfinished Business

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Elixir
September 26th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Day IV:

InFamous 2: The Blue Soundtrack - [Track 18/23] - Unfinished Business (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21nFc4ybjdY#ws)
(You know the drill refresh till you see it)

"Unfinished Business"

The New Marais militia had come to expect murder in the night now... They taunted the freaks for attacking under the cover of darkness like cowards... The morning of the fourth day was no different.

While experts are still examining the body, security footage from newly installed city cameras caught Brian having a very interesting evening. The camera's first caught sight of him around 10:47 pm walking in what seemed like a trance towards Ascension Parish when someone in a gown approached him. The two appeared to converse for some time when Brian held his hands to his head as if he had a splitting migrane... he then lost his mind and attacked the gowned individual. The fight takes place only half on camera but the outcome is evident... Brian lay on the ground with a cross burnt into his head as if some religious fanatic tried to exorcise a demon from within him. The robed person leaves the scene at this point

What the Camera's caught next was Brian squirming around on the ground... attempting to crawl to aid when he was stopped by a man in a silver suit... Brian could not stop what happened next as the man in the suit seemed to conjure a shard of ice from thin air and slit his throat... leaving him to bleed out on the side walk.

The forum was told in the morning that post mortem examination is still to be finalized but it appears that some form of unknown noxious toxin was found in Brian's blood, concentrated in his Brain... It is highly likely that is what caused his Psychosis.

Elsewhere, Elizabeth was found dead in her home... another case of power outage in the area. Her home looked like it had been hit with an explosion. All the electrical appliances looked like they had burst simultaneously with Elizabeth caught right at the epicenter... It was a grotesque sight as Elizabeth was not in one piece when she was found.

An unexpected sight greeted the Militia when they entered the forum room. Steve's body was crumpled over a statue of Justice with a gunshot wound to the head and a Vermaak 88 suit resting alongside him. The crowd cheered as the threw his body around like a beach ball until such a time that they threw it out the window. A messenger sent to investigate Steve's home found multiple spare Vermaak 88 suits of different sizes, weapons and other strange gadgets as if they were meant to be placed at scenes as false evidence.

Despite their high spirits, they all knew deep down that Cole MacGrath still sat among them... especially Bertrand... who was growing increasingly less patient as time went on.

The Beast is 600 Miles from New Marais.

Last wills:

Brian:

Journal of Brian, the dog investigator.

Night 1: I was so hungry today, having just arrived in this cursed city only to be locked down like a dog. Wait I am a dog. Anyway, I sniffed around some houses trying to find food, some stale bread in a dumpster and rotting cheese filled me up a little. Then it occured to me that I should try to end this lockdown, yeah I start thinking once my stomach is full, problem? So what are my skills, what can I do, i'm a dog. I can sniff stuff, maybe I can find those freaks, after all their smell should be diffrent from normal people right? So I went after someone who smelled fishy during the assembly, this guy called Delores. I waited until he left his house then went in through the doggy door, he didn't expect that did he?! His dog was sleeping so I went ahead and sniffed through his stuff, apparently he likes to stalk and survey people at night... From what I know that means he's either a Detective, a Lookout or a Disguiser.

Night 2: I found a good source food in the form of a nice restaurant's trash can. Oh boy, you wouldn't believe the kind of delicacies they throw in the trash! Spoiled rich folk not finishing their meals, all the better for a hungry dog. Tonight I went to check on Alan, it was easy getting in because he left a window open. I wolfed down a piece of meat he left out to defrost, hey why not while i'm at it? Then I found something interesting, weapons! Lots of them. What does this guy do exactly? Scary stuff. Judging by his belongings he could be a Militia Extremist, or possibly a Conduit. There is that odd angle of him being a Jailor, but I have my doubts about that.

Night 3: Amber said she investigated me, well obviously her result was wrong or she is lying on purpose to get me killed. Going to check her tonight, although i'm not sure how much that will help.

If you found this journal then I guess I didn't survive the night, animal haters. No melons for you.

Elizabeth:

Hi all! Here is my final words of wisdom.
People i found suspicious after day 2
Ralph is my #1 suspect.
Delores needs to be shot.
I don't trust Faye(Claw). While I never thought of identidy as that big a deal, I admit to being Auckmid. For some reason, I find Town-Claw more suspicious then Mafia-Claw

Day 1 suspicouns(More likely to be wrong)
Jerry I find somewhat suspicious with all his "Finding Tom" stuff.
As well as Joshua
and Jesse
maybe Jimmy
Thelma
Chris

'Dat is all

Add; Anyway, Delores is an uter troll and probable Jester. I'm going to take care of him tonight.

Theordore is not definately the executioner. He could be the Soul of the Beast. Please, I beg of you, make sure he does not survive to Day 6. That is when the beast arives, and the game ends that morning.

Lastly, something I just realized is that Raiden(Jannet) has yet to put down a clear scum list, which is quite unlike town Raiden. Just saying.
Sorry for makeing my last will so hard to read, but I've been applying, so I don't forget to put down my thoughts since day 1.

Steve:

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated. Wait... shit.

Day IV will end at 7:30pm AEST Wednesday 28th of September. - Follow this Link to see it in your time: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=7%3A30+pm+GMT%2B10+September+28

It will take 13 votes to send someone to the firing squad

To vote to send a player to the firing squad post -vote playername

You may vote to forego the rest of the day and begin night early. This is done by posting -vote end day. You must reach the same majority in order to begin night.

Members of the Militia Forum:

Jesse
Phillip
Matthew
Roger
Jerry
Thomas
Olga
Amber
Gladys
Chris
Alan
Rosenberg
Sonya
Delores
Theodore
Jane
Thelma
Nina
Joseph Bertrand (Todd)
Ralph
Janet
Emerald
Velma
Candice

Graveyard:

Verna: (Medic): Found dead on the sidewalk with premature Rigor Mortis. [Night I]
Joshua: (Citizen): Found dead in his home with a massive glacier in his chest. [Night I]
Yvette: (Stripper): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day II]
Jimmy: (Detective): Found thrown through a working television in an apartment stripped of power. [Night II]
Timothy: (Citizen): Repeatedly shot in the chest with a Militia Standard Issue Rifle. [Night II]
Patrick: (Lucy Kuo [MacGrath]): Blasted in the neck by a concealable Militia Revolver [Day III]
Faye: (Janitor [Vermaak 88]): Blasted in the neck by a concealable Militia Revolver [Day III]
Yolanda: (Citizen): Shot in the head by the firing squad [Day III]
William: (Citizen): Hit by a truck. [Mod Killed] [Day III]
Brian: (Reaper - Investigator): Attempted to be Exorcised with a Cross burnt into his skull, later having his throat slit by a Man with a shard of Ice. [Night III]
Elizabeth:(Citizen): Found in multiple pieces in her home following an electrical explosion. [Night III]
Steve: (Framer [Vermaak 88]): Found in the Militia Forum Room with a gunshot wound to the head. [Night III]

Role List:

Cole MacGrath [MacGrath]
Zeke Dunbar [MacGrath]
Random Conduit [MacGrath]

Enforcer [Vermaak 88]
Random Conduit [Vermaak 88]

Soul of The Beast
Sasha (Reaper Leader)
Random Killing Neutral
Random Neutral
Random Neutral

Joseph Bertrand
Cop
Coroner
Militia Extremist
Armorsmith
Priest
Random Power Town
Random Power Town
Random Power Town
Random Power Town
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen
Citizen

2 Random Town Roles have been accounted for.
1 Random Conduit [Vermaak 88] has been accounted for.

Random Conduit: Disguiser, Conduit, Enforcer, Janitor, Consort, Grave Robber, Framer, Consigliere, Drug Dealer
Random Neutral: Amnesiac, Executioner, Jester, Student, Witch
Random Killing Neutral: Serial Killer, Nix the Pyromaniac, Laroche, Leader of the Rebels, Spree Killer
Random Power Town: Cop, Investigator, Coroner, Militia Extremist, Stripper, Medic, Gunsmith, Armorsmith, Bodyguard, Priest, Detective, Lookout, Bus Driver, Jailor, Veteran

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Still alive.

Alan
September 26th, 2011, 02:44 AM
Still alive.

Nice. What have you discovered tonight?

Alan
September 26th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Oh, I almost forgot. I was never blocked as Patrick claimed.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Does the RP mean Brian was attacked twice? Once by mafia and once by the masons?

Alan
September 26th, 2011, 02:52 AM
Does the RP mean Brian was attacked twice? Once by mafia and once by the masons?

It's pretty clear from the death description. Mason stuff + ice stuff

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 02:53 AM
PS: I love you vigilantes.

Alan
September 26th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Derp. I've just read Brian last will.

Yes, i own weapons. I am in fact one of the Militia Extremists. I shot Faye and Steve, one shot left. I don't care claiming since the consort is dead and probably there's no witch. I'm saving my last shot for the beast, if I find it.

Also, I'm Illidan, before someone else claims it like last game.

Emerald
September 26th, 2011, 03:10 AM
this gives us tons of information.

- i had the same thought as elizabeth, theodore could be the soul of the beast. executioner and soul both don't have a nightaction, he cannot be discovered by lookouts or detectives. although they don't have the same investigative messages, claiming executioner is kind of an easy way out. nobody will want to waste a lynch or even investigation on an executioner and he is unlikely to be attacked at night as well (and even if, he has some safety there). it's also quite easy to act like an executioner while you're not one: just pick a target and try to get him lynched. and now he tries to appear as he is helping town, which isn't very likely for a real executioner (he would either not care because he already won or if he wants/has to survive he would lay back to not get into the focus of anyone that could kill him).

- brian's last will is probably full of lies. priest recruiting comes before reaper recruiting so he couldn't have been recruited the same night as he was killed.
this makes it very clear that amber is an investigative role, although she could very well be the red consigliere, since she only gave an orange mafia and a neutral away. the only thing we know for sure: she wasn't a reaper yesterday.

- we now have found the investigator that was definitely in this setup. this makes it very unlikely that both janet and amber are investigators as well. for the time being they are both suspicious of being consigliere instead. the reason for janet: the one person she revealed is probably busdriver and the other was in the cit/gf/rebel leader/reaper leader category. if she is consig, she would already know that yolanda wasn't gf, and revealing one of the other roles would be beneficial as well.

Jerry
September 26th, 2011, 03:33 AM
- i had the same thought as elizabeth, theodore could be the soul of the beast. executioner and soul both don't have a nightaction, he cannot be discovered by lookouts or detectives. although they don't have the same investigative messages, claiming executioner is kind of an easy way out. nobody will want to waste a lynch or even investigation on an executioner and he is unlikely to be attacked at night as well (and even if, he has some safety there). it's also quite easy to act like an executioner while you're not one: just pick a target and try to get him lynched. and now he tries to appear as he is helping town, which isn't very likely for a real executioner (he would either not care because he already won or if he wants/has to survive he would lay back to not get into the focus of anyone that could kill him)

I thought we already got to many busdriven claims to not belive his busdriver claim don't we?

Roger
September 26th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Finally, the night kills actually hit some scum. Either way, I'd say the soul is the highest priority right now for everyone. We all lose if he doesn't. I'm really hoping someone has suspicions? I can see how emeralds thoughts about Theo make sense too, but I'll wait a little before casting my vote.

Todd
September 26th, 2011, 04:41 AM
What do we have on Theodore being the soul of the beast evidence wise? I am really starting to doubt he is town at least but we need to kill the soul to survive. Janet is probably cosigliere and should be shot if vigs have any shots left.

also a nice quote from ralph yesterday before patrick was shot

I still dont trust Amber. It's kinda hard to figure out the rest, but I believe Faye. That defense would be too dumb for a mafia person to work.

-vote Amber

obvious mafia buddying is obvious

Phillip
September 26th, 2011, 05:22 AM
can someone post the technique to search peoples posts in this thread(and previous days) efficiently? I remember there being an efficient way of doing so shown in Fm3 or 4. I can't remember.

Anyways before investigating previous posts, my gut feeling is with Theodore being the Soul of the Beast. I would like to look back though before making a vote on him.

Also I doubt Brian was lying, it looked like he posted most of his LW before he got turned. Besides, he has every reason to want those people killed as they oppose his leader.

LASTLY, any CC on Alan's Extremist claim?

Emerald
September 26th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I thought we already got to many busdriven claims to not belive his busdriver claim don't we?

wut? afaik theodore never claimed busdriver.

What do we have on Theodore being the soul of the beast evidence wise? I am really starting to doubt he is town at least but we need to kill the soul to survive.

he claimed executioner, he already said he isn't town.

Also I doubt Brian was lying, it looked like he posted most of his LW before he got turned. Besides, he has every reason to want those people killed as they oppose his leader.

that's not possible. priest recruiting happens before reaper recruiting, so he must have been recruited at least the night before this one, otherwise he wouldn't have been killed by a priest. and that he mentioned night 3 in his last will means that he wrote it after being recruited to the reapers.

Emerald
September 26th, 2011, 05:30 AM
forgot to put two things in my last post:

1. theodore being soul of the beast is just a gut feeling atm, he shouldn't be lynched for that alone. although we have to begin searching for the soul of the beast, we have at least till tomorrow to find him.

2. alan, if you're really militia extremist, i'd like to hear your reasoning why you shot faye and steve.

Alan
September 26th, 2011, 05:36 AM
2. alan, if you're really militia extremist, i'd like to hear your reasoning why you shot faye and steve.

I shot Faye because he lied about the Extremist mechanics Day3. I know since I've asked lots of clarifications on them. So I was 100% sure he wasn't the Extremist, but if I didn't shot him everyone would have believed that thanks to the other Extremist, so I kinda had to do it.

After he flipped mafia, I saw Steve accusing Amber and buddying with Faye so I decided to go with him. And in fact he was in the same team as Faye.

Jerry
September 26th, 2011, 05:36 AM

wut? afaik theodore never claimed busdriver.

Oh your right, I just remembered that he claimed his avatar is somehow linked to his role and totally forgot about velma

Rosenberg
September 26th, 2011, 05:46 AM
It seems to me that the "cool" thing to do is to suspect Theodore as the Soul of da Beast. I suspect that orange mafia hit the soul of da beast N2 (no ice holes in anyone). Although some people whom I believe wholeheartedly to be town are getting a "gut feeling", I would have every one be aware of that. Orange mafia might know who the soul of da beast is. This is purely speculation, mind you.

I'm not saying that a lynch against the soul of da beast is bad. I agree with it completely. I just want the awareness of a possible situation to be out there.

Candice
September 26th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Oh boy, what a night. With 2 days and 2 nights left to find the beast and no more day shots remaining, here are two suggestions on how to best find him:
1) We, as a town, come up with the most likely candidates for being the soul of the beast. One is lynched today, one is shot tonight(or the next night if you prefer), and another is investigated. This gives us coverage over 4 suspects, as the investigation will be definitive proof one way or another in all likelihood, so the 4th would be the odd-man-out in that scenario.

2) If all else fails, we make an attempt at killing Sasha. There is a chance by now that she has recruited the Soul of the Beast, and if she dies he might die as well. This will have to happen no later than tomorrow(I believe? If she dies at night do they suicide the same night?) This, of course, is very much an if. And a risky gamble at that, but if someone does happen to know who she is it'd be a worthwhile gamble.

P.S. Keep in mind, while the soul of the beast is very important, we also have to actually win the game afterwards as well. Continue to seek out evil, as this fight is nowhere near over.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Regarding Janet and I.

First of all, I believe there is one Random Power Town unaccounted for. Am I correct?

If this is so it is at least theoretically possible we are both Investigators. This would bring the total of Investigators to 3. Do I think this is likely? No.

The odds make it seem as though Janet must be the consigliere. I am going to look at the circumstances of her 'reveal' and the information she had at the time. As I recall most of the Random Power Towns were unaccounted for at the time of her reveal which probably made it look like a safe reveal.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Oh boy, what a night. With 2 days and 2 nights left to find the beast and no more day shots remaining, here are two suggestions on how to best find him:
1) We, as a town, come up with the most likely candidates for being the soul of the beast. One is lynched today, one is shot tonight(or the next night if you prefer), and another is investigated. This gives us coverage over 4 suspects, as the investigation will be definitive proof one way or another in all likelihood, so the 4th would be the odd-man-out in that scenario.

2) If all else fails, we make an attempt at killing Sasha. There is a chance by now that she has recruited the Soul of the Beast, and if she dies he might die as well. This will have to happen no later than tomorrow(I believe? If she dies at night do they suicide the same night?) This, of course, is very much an if. And a risky gamble at that, but if someone does happen to know who she is it'd be a worthwhile gamble.

P.S. Keep in mind, while the soul of the beast is very important, we also have to actually win the game afterwards as well. Continue to seek out evil, as this fight is nowhere near over.

We have made a large dint in the mafia. However the cult is a concern. What is a reasonable estimate of their size at the moment given 1 is dead?

I wonder how much the mafia consigliere could be trusted to aid us in investigation or if that would just be asking for trouble.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Btw is the random killing neutral STILL unaccounted for???

Arsonist? Why has nobody reported being doused?

Candice
September 26th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Why would you say that? In fact, didn't you claim Brian was a rebel? Mind explaining that before I answer your question?

Candice
September 26th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Why would you say that? In fact, didn't you claim Brian was a rebel? Mind explaining that before I answer your question?

Please excuse me, drowsiness is not my best friend. Anyway, I still think it most likely that Laroche is in play. There are only 4 citizens still alive so being able to kill is very unlikely at this point.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Given that there have been no reports of dousing you are probably correct.

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 07:24 AM
WHO DID EVERYONE INVESTIGATE, i am not claiming drives until after roles investigate due to scum hunting

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Also, in my personal opinion, Olga, who has not had any activity but is still playing the game is the biggest beast target. Otherwise she should have been modkilled by now*AHEM* ELIXIR *AHEM*

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 07:27 AM
i investigated Philip.

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Okay, well I didn't drive Philip so your read is clean

Candice
September 26th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I suspect that orange mafia hit the soul of da beast N2 (no ice holes in anyone).
This is very unlikely, Patrick claimed to have been attacked and healed. While there is still a chance that they lied, I don't think there was any reason to do so in that scenario.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 07:34 AM
If Patrick was healed it means there's a second medic alive.

Candice
September 26th, 2011, 07:35 AM
If Patrick was healed it means there's a second medic alive.

Yes, that it does.

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 07:38 AM
I suspect that orange mafia hit the soul of da beast N2 (no ice holes in anyone).
This is very unlikely, Patrick claimed to have been attacked and healed. While there is still a chance that they lied, I don't think there was any reason to do so in that scenario.

I don't think there's a medic left, of they were stupid enough to heal one of the investigators instead of me (unless they did but I didn't fine out, in which the mafia is stupid for not attacking me)

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Well following the continuing of this scenario - they DID heal a mafia. Who knows who they'll choose to heal.

Olga
September 26th, 2011, 07:48 AM
I am really sorry guys, I've been having account problems and it's just been fixed last night. If it helps apparently I was bus driven or drugged.

Olga
September 26th, 2011, 07:49 AM
I would really like for Elixir to confirm this publically as it really has been a drag for me.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 07:49 AM
The first question. Do we believe this?

If he's telling the truth, why wasn't he replaced?

Olga
September 26th, 2011, 07:55 AM
There's not really much going for me at the time, I haven't been replaced which gives pretty bad implications for myself. I don't see why I haven't been replaced or modkilled though, as someone stated in the previous day thread, I haven't even logged on a single fucking time the entire forum game until now.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 08:01 AM
What is your role?

Olga
September 26th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Spree Killer

and then I was deemed a troll for the entirety of the game. I don't think what role I claim at this point will keep me from getting lynched as a potential Soul of the Beast target.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Jester might.

Olga
September 26th, 2011, 08:08 AM
For the moment I have to leave for my next class, hopefully by the time I get back and can post again Elixir would have confirmed my password change or at least give a reason I haven't been swapped or mod-killed. God knows we all want Plato to join.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I think Velma should tell us who she drove now, so she can prove she the bus driver and not the arson.

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 08:13 AM
dont be a dumbass ralph, ive proven im bus driver, also consigs can just say *i looked up this person, that means the other person you drove, whos obviously town is actually not*

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 08:25 AM
what??

Also, how did you prove you're bus?

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 08:28 AM
roger and candice admitted being to bus yesterday. I said I drove them

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 08:28 AM
No, you gave no proof. You named 4 people. 2 already admitted they got driven. 2 still haven't admitted it.

So you have no proof.

Unless you give it now.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Ok, Roger did admit it. Can we believe him though?

Gladys
September 26th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Night 1: I was so hungry today, having just arrived in this cursed city only to be locked down like a dog. Wait I am a dog. Anyway, I sniffed around some houses trying to find food, some stale bread in a dumpster and rotting cheese filled me up a little. Then it occured to me that I should try to end this lockdown, yeah I start thinking once my stomach is full, problem? So what are my skills, what can I do, i'm a dog. I can sniff stuff, maybe I can find those freaks, after all their smell should be diffrent from normal people right? So I went after someone who smelled fishy during the assembly, this guy called Delores. I waited until he left his house then went in through the doggy door, he didn't expect that did he?! His dog was sleeping so I went ahead and sniffed through his stuff, apparently he likes to stalk and survey people at night... From what I know that means he's either a Detective, a Lookout or a Disguiser.

Night 2: I found a good source food in the form of a nice restaurant's trash can. Oh boy, you wouldn't believe the kind of delicacies they throw in the trash! Spoiled rich folk not finishing their meals, all the better for a hungry dog. Tonight I went to check on Alan, it was easy getting in because he left a window open. I wolfed down a piece of meat he left out to defrost, hey why not while i'm at it? Then I found something interesting, weapons! Lots of them. What does this guy do exactly? Scary stuff. Judging by his belongings he could be a Militia Extremist, or possibly a Conduit. There is that odd angle of him being a Jailor, but I have my doubts about that.

Night 3: Amber said she investigated me, well obviously her result was wrong or she is lying on purpose to get me killed. Going to check her tonight, although i'm not sure how much that will help.

If you found this journal then I guess I didn't survive the night, animal haters. No melons for you.

We can assume, based on this information, that Amber, Delores, and Alan are unlikely to be a part of the Reapers. If he was indeed telling the truth about those 3 people, then we can assume that the cult would use this information to gather the strongest reaper army possible. By that logic, I would assume that Amber has also been culted. It is pretty obvious that Amber is an investigative role. The more investigative roles there are in the cult, the stronger they become. I highly doubt that Brian would out his cultists buddies entirely. I would assume he'd leave at least one real one in his list to throw us off. This is mere speculation, of course.

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Ok, Roger did admit it. Can we believe him though?

exactly why i vote for him every day

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Why drive him theN?

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Why drive him theN?

divert a shot off a good guy onto him

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 08:37 AM
You really thingk Candice is a good guy?

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM
You really thingk Candice is a good guy?

i did then, she defended yvette, and yvette was stripper, now im not really sure who to trust

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Why didn't you know if you drove Candice of Faye?

Roger
September 26th, 2011, 08:46 AM
There's only one problem with your logic Velma: I am a good Guy. Although admittedly it would not be horrible for me to take a shot.

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Why didn't you know if you drove Candice of Faye?

couldn't remember, since i didnt talk about it much.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 08:53 AM
....what???

How do you not remember who you targeted?!

Candice
September 26th, 2011, 09:04 AM
I'm not really sure what to think of Olga's claim at the moment. It's either pure genius or the truth.
However, I have composed a list of people who may be the soul of the beast based on how little an impact they have made on me:
Jesse
Matthew
Chris
Delores
Olga
Jane
Thelma
Nina

And there is also Theodore, but I do not believe it likely that he lied about being an executioner.

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Hello friends. There is still much you do not understand. I would like to begin by pointing out the following:

It seems to me that the "cool" thing to do is to suspect Theodore as the Soul of da Beast. I suspect that orange mafia hit the soul of da beast N2 (no ice holes in anyone). Although some people whom I believe wholeheartedly to be town are getting a "gut feeling", I would have every one be aware of that. Orange mafia might know who the soul of da beast is. This is purely speculation, mind you.

I'm not saying that a lynch against the soul of da beast is bad. I agree with it completely. I just want the awareness of a possible situation to be out there.

This is half correct. They may have hit someone who got healed. Look at this:

PATRICK: SOUL OF THE BEAST
FAYE: GRAVEROBBER
I believe that Patrick was attacked and healed N2, which would mean Thomas is a killing role(Vig/Killing Neutral) or mafia.

To everyone saying I am The Soul of the Beast, I will respond, "Not even close."

Good things come to those who wait. All shall be revealed soon.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:16 AM
The invests result on me is inncorrect. I am none of those role.
I could have been framed, or he could be lying.
Be back later to talk more. On to my next class.

Todd
September 26th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Ralph what is your defence for mafia buddying with faye?

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I don't need a defense for agreeing with somebody.

Todd
September 26th, 2011, 09:25 AM
yeah you kind of do, steve was the only other one that voted amber and he was a framer. I would have allready voted for you if not for that whole soul of the beast thing.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I explained my thinking about Amber. ANd about Faye. Already.

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Honestly, Ralph is probably Orange Mafia, but it doesn't matter, we need to start finding some soul of the beasts.

If we cant decide, just go with a spree killer to lower KPN, Olga.

Jane
September 26th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I personally believe the Soul of the Beast claiming Spree Killer is entirely illogical, but it's very WIFOM. Olga being Spree Killer jives with our lack of neutral kills though.

I believe that Theodore is executioner. I was sure that he was either Exec or Sheriff Day 1, and nothing that's happened since then has made me change my mind.

I'm inclined to believe Brian about Delores, despite what she says, and my gut says she's most likely Disguiser out of all of those.

We still have several players lurking very hard, and I'd be inclined to think one of them is most likely to be the Soul of the Beast. I find Nina's play very suspect, and Jesse's disappearance after an active day 1 is very suspicious as well. Thelma is guilty of the same as Jesse, but has been a touch more active, and seemed to be buddying up to Theodore in one post in day 2. For some reason, Matthew doesn't strike me as a potential Beast. Not sure yet about Chris. I'd like to see the people who haven't been active thus far post more.

Janet
September 26th, 2011, 11:14 AM
So basically we have two lynches and 3 shots to get the beast. Five chances total. I would say that gives us good odds as long as we bring our information together.

Amber it is clear to me that you are an investigative role. Even though I think you are a consig trying to eliminate the orange mafia, how about we cooperate on who we invest? If any framer is still alive they have little reason to interfere with either of our results. We can make a list of potential suspects then divide the list in half to divide the work maybe?

If we just kill 5 random people out of 25 then EVERYONE stands an 80% chance of losing. We need a way to gain an edge.

Agreed?

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Out with the new investigations! Janet AND Amber, let's go!

Janet
September 26th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Sadly I was too curious about Steve. (I hate Macs)

Janet
September 26th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Wait... only two vig shots left. 4/25.

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Now that the invests revealed who they invested, I'm outing and saying I switched Olga and Amber. It was a coin flip between Amber and Janet and Amber got 4/5 coins.

Janet
September 26th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Can we do rock paper scissors next time?

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Shoot Thomas tonight, Alan. Other vig, please stay hidden. Amber, who did you investigate last night?

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 11:30 AM
okay I guess. just pm me the result.

We should lynch Olga, or Theodore today honestly.

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Shoot Thomas tonight, Alan. Other vig, please stay hidden. Amber, who did you investigate last night?

nvm, he said Philip.

Alan
September 26th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Don't tell us who to shot. Remember the beast have an active vest.

Thomas
September 26th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Shoot Thomas tonight, Alan

huehue

too bad alan used up all his shots
so im goign 2 hsoot u instead Ahahahah Omfg

UNLESS THEIRS 3 FUCING VIGS

Gladys
September 26th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Thomas is quite the troll. We have indeed ignored him most of the game.

Thomas
September 26th, 2011, 12:20 PM
nvm i thought alan shot timothy

beacause i didnt

whoo shoot timothey

Roger
September 26th, 2011, 01:19 PM
So I would like to ask everyone: who would you prefer to Lynch right now?

Gladys
September 26th, 2011, 01:24 PM
I would prefer to lynch Olga. Something still isn't right about him/her. Coming out as a "Spree killer" seems a bold thing to do. I don't seem to understand the reasoning for doing this.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Does no one know how to read? It was sarcasm.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 01:29 PM
It isn't safe to assume the beast is a lurker. The beast could be someone who talks a lot, too. (Like Candice? She keeps making lists about the beast, but what about the possibility she is the one?)

Todd
September 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM
What makes you think candice is the beast? Also honestly this setup is kind of rigged towards the soul of the beast winning, I'm crying imba when we look at our odds of catching him

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I said possibility

Janet
September 26th, 2011, 01:40 PM
As far as it being imba, not if we pool our resources. Also the day shots could have been used for this in theory.

I agree the beast may not be a lurker. There is a definite possibility that the beast would choose to pose as town. The beast need not fear being shot by the mafia AT ALL. So it might try to pose as someone who wouldn't get lynched easily.

We need to go over every living role and figure out how they could be used to find the beast. For instance, the mafia can't kill the beast but they can find it with their kill.

I am in class at the moment but when I have time I will attempt to make a list so we can get a better picture than just considering individuals one at a time. I know people will be very hesitant to reveal. But day five reveals are going to be a must if we don't get the beast by then.

NEUTRAL KILLER: If you are not Olga please kill Olga so we can get rid of that possibility. If you are spree killer or rebels that might be impossible I suppose. Also if you ARE in fact Olga and the spree killer, please be careful not to kill us tonight before we can share our invest results etc.

Gladys
September 26th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Why do I have the feeling that today is going to be a very, very quiet day?

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Well a lot of the rather talky people are dead.

I am going to say this once,

I am not a Dectctive, Lookout, or Disguier.

One of a two things could have happened to me.
1: Framed. I think this was most likely, as I did talk a lot day one.
2: He lied. Don't think this one is all that likely.

I say next day we might have to make a mass role claim in an attempt to find the beast.
I will gladly revel my role then, but not any sooner.
I wonder how the masons have been doing, if it's very well, we might win this in a landslide.
If masons are doing well, keep in mind they too can kill the beast, if he's culted.

Be back in 5-6 hours.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Add; Anyway, Delores is an uter troll and probable Jester. I'm going to take care of him tonight.
Answer this in the death chat for me, how am I an "uter" troll. I though Narks held that title? More importantly, how the fuck are you going to "take care" of me, if your a citi?

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Why do I have the feeling that today is going to be a very, very quiet day?

You couldn't be more wrong.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 02:10 PM
I think we should lynch Theodore. Unless he stops being cryptic. Cryptic almost always means evil.

Olga
September 26th, 2011, 02:16 PM
At the moment, going over the game, I see Thelma being overlooked quite a bit. From the entire game there's been very few posts relevant to the game or anything not obvious.
http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,2498.msg31629.html#msg31629
http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php/topic,2533.msg32491.html#msg32491

I'm not really trying to do much as I feel that I'm likely to be lynched today as I've been voted for the past two due to my inactivity.

Olga
September 26th, 2011, 02:20 PM
My beast potentials would have to be Ralph, Roger, Thomas, Todd, Delores, and Candice at the moment. Still trying to eliminate people who I believe or can infer from to have night actions.

Also a small personal input opinion:

Those posts, not sure if intentionally trying or not. I believe a true beast would be TRYING to make it look like they have a night action.

Thomas
September 26th, 2011, 02:28 PM
YOU FORGOT NINA

Olga
September 26th, 2011, 02:31 PM
-vote nyana

Are you mrzwach, Thomas?

Thomas
September 26th, 2011, 02:33 PM
no

Sonya
September 26th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Thoughts so far:

Theodore is likely to be a real executioner - he said something about his daughter which has to do with the second objective of his. Wifom aside, it makes sense to me, albeit I could never be sure.

Can we believe Olga about being a spree killer? It seems like a good enough excuse to not be investigated(beast), or a good excuse to be lynched (jester), or not lynched(actual spree killer) due to wifom. I'm not very comfortable with him around being such a wild card I can't even read because he never posted. While we search for the beast he might leave investigative roles alone, but he is unstoppable against doctor and busdriver trying to protect someone from mafia. By the time we're done beast hunting, we'll be fucked.

About Amber vs Janet:
I think its common sense one of them is mafia, with an almost confirmed doctor. I'm inclined to believe Janet is the consigliere, because of how carelessly she revealed an already stealth claimed bus driver and how she now doesn't at all mind the spree killer (even an unconfirmed one).

We also have to deal with the hardcore lurkers.
Jesse has made 2 posts day 2 and no posts since then. All Thelma did is take care of vote count. Start from there?

Sonya
September 26th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Oh, and Nina is pretty hardcore too.

Todd
September 26th, 2011, 02:36 PM
The more cryptic Theodore gets the more I am inclined on lynching him.

Chris
September 26th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Hi guys. Nothing happened to me last night. At least nothing that would give me a PM.

Nice to see Olga talking. If Elixir is willing to confirm your account troubles, I won't suspect you more than the rest for inactivity.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Beast has a vest that he has to choose to put on. It's not auto-on. So we might have less time than we think. He might put it on during the last night to avoid Vigilantes.

Beast will be 450 miles tonight, 300 miles Day 5, 150 miles night 5, 0 miles on day 6.
Can someone clarify: Do we loose at the beginning of day 6 or end of day 6?

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I heard that the world stock market is doing quite well today.
http://money.cnn.com/data/world_markets/

Olga
September 26th, 2011, 02:51 PM
They should be here by day six.

Olga
September 26th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Gonna be away/gone for a few hours, see you guys when I get back.

Elixir
September 26th, 2011, 03:04 PM
You lose at the start of day 6.

Only Conduits can't kill the Beast.

Chris
September 26th, 2011, 03:11 PM
So to maximize our chances, the Vigilantes should both shoot someone tonight. That way, if the Beast puts on his vest, we can lynch someone that turns up immune.

Emerald
September 26th, 2011, 03:17 PM
theodore, stop this bullshit, if you think you have something important to say, do it now.
yesterday you were an executioner, today, after a few people think you could be the soul, you suddenly changed your mind about that?

additionally, i find it rather interesting how people (and who) reacted to my gut feeling that theodore could actually be beast.

Well a lot of the rather talky people are dead.

I am going to say this once,

I am not a Dectctive, Lookout, or Disguier.

One of a two things could have happened to me.
1: Framed. I think this was most likely, as I did talk a lot day one.
2: He lied. Don't think this one is all that likely.

I say next day we might have to make a mass role claim in an attempt to find the beast.
I will gladly revel my role then, but not any sooner.
I wonder how the masons have been doing, if it's very well, we might win this in a landslide.
If masons are doing well, keep in mind they too can kill the beast, if he's culted.

Be back in 5-6 hours.

why do you think it's unlikely that he lied? he probably was recruited in that night (due to amber's claim) and was at least in night 2. so why should he be telling the truth in his last will? every important information already went to the other reapers at night, so he didn't need to give them that in his will.
also, if you were framed it would mean that there is a disguiser that still didn't take over another person.

Thelma
September 26th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Just to ease Olga's suspicion is civ.

I have nithing to hide.

I have been lurking. ive read every day every page.

Jane
September 26th, 2011, 03:25 PM
So why have you been lurking despite reading every day every page?

Thelma
September 26th, 2011, 03:41 PM
\

Im trying to peice things together, but i cant. The beast s eluding us.

my best bet is gonna have to be olgs, she hasnt been modkilled despite inactivity. in theory she would have to be major.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Please be more suspicious right now.

Phillip
September 26th, 2011, 03:45 PM
No one except Thomas/Alan claimed Militia Extremist which makes me want to believe them(at least Alan)

\

Im trying to peice things together, but i cant. The beast s eluding us.

my best bet is gonna have to be olgs, she hasnt been modkilled despite inactivity. in theory she would have to be major.

This looks extremely suspicious to me... It feels like Thelma is trying to appear helpful but is just regurgitating what everyone has already said over several days already, and not even doing a good job of it.

-Vote Thelma

VOTE COUNT:

(1)Thelma: Phillip

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I think it is time to start making lists to figure this out.

No, teal does not mean I am Misove.

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 03:53 PM
god Elixir is pissing me off with not answering the question of Olga's account troubles

Thomas
September 26th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I HAVE A PROPOSITION

THERE ARE 3 VIGIS

BYE

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Jesse: Innactive
Phillip: Investigation reveals NOT THE BEAST.
Matthew; Innactive
Roger: Active
Jerry: ????
Thomas: ????
Olga: Claims AFK Spree Killer
Amber: Investigator
Gladys: Active
Chris: Innactive
Alan: Vigilante
Rosenberg: Active
Sonya: Active
Delores: Denies Detective, Lookout, or Disguiser
Theodore: Claims EXE
Jane: active
Thelma: Just became non AFK
Nina: Innactive
Todd: Active
Ralph: Active
Janet: Consigliere
Emerald: Active
Velma: Busdriver
Candice: Active

Innactives are marked in pink. It doesn't mean the beast is among them but it's a good place to start thinking. I couldn't recall how active Jerry and Thomas have been so they are marked in purple.

Please provide information so this list can be copied and updated.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Ohhh, sorry Thomas I remember who you are now!

Roger
September 26th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Wow this is a semi slow day. Whatever.
-vote Olga

TALLY
Thelma (1): Philip
Olga (1): Roger

Gladys
September 26th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Ah so you caught what I was trying to say Roger, in terms of it being quiet.

-Vote Olga

Why do I have the oddest feeling that the beast is culted...

TALLY
Thelma (1): Philip
Olga (2): Roger, Gladys

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 04:37 PM
-vote Thelma

I request that you roleclaim or at least defend yourself about why you are so buddy with every decision

Janet
September 26th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Thanks for starting the list.

From Delore's posts I'm going to say town on her. I think I know the specific role and I agree that she should wait for tomorrow to claim.

On another note to people who have the following roles: Drug dealer, mayor and amnesiac. You will show up to me and Amber in the same invest group as the Soul of the Beast. This is no problem at all for the mayor who can reveal tomorrow. But the drug dealer should reveal today so the sheriff can check them and this way they won't be lynched. Amnesiac should claim tonight.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Points of interest:

Vigilantes: Assuming there are only 2: No daytime shots remaining. 2 night time shots remaining.

Cult: Assuming successful recruitment. They currently number Sasha + 2 = 3. Will recruit again tonight.

Priests: Minimum size of 1. Maximum size of 2.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Amendment. Maximum Priest size is 3.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Jesse
Chris
Thelma
Nina
Matthew

Become active and claim now or we will shoot you. Yes we do possess enough shots to take out 4 of you. Claim or die!

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Amendment. Maximum Priest size is 3.
The invest appears to be both a mason and mafia kill, so two is the max.

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 04:47 PM
wait does spree killer kill people who dont do any night action? If so, KEEP OLGA ALIVE, MORE CHANCE TO KILL BEAST

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Begin with 1 priest.
Recruit night 1 = 2 priests
Recruit night 2 = 3 priests
Kill night 3 = 3 priests

????

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 04:50 PM
If a mason vists a citi, he becomes a mason, if he vists a cultist, not the cult leader, he kills the cultist. You can only send one mason out per night.

Velma
September 26th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Alan has 1 shot left, the other vig has 2 shots left. If Thomas is truthful a third vig has every shot left

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I know Delores so doesn't that still make 3?

Velma, there are 4 militia kills not 3.

Gladys
September 26th, 2011, 04:54 PM
The spree killer should not be kept alive. The Spree killer kills the people that VISIT his target. So if people go to shoot the beast, and he targets the beast, the one that shot at the beast dies.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Steve, Faye, Patrick and Timothy were all shot by militia rifles.

Jane
September 26th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I think we need to start pressuring lurkers immediately. I think Thelma is a decent wagon, but I like this one better.

Vote: Jesse

Why have you completely disappeared?

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 05:13 PM
I am a day behind, lol.

Gladys
September 26th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I do find it interesting...Jesse has offered only 1 semi-constructive posts. That was on Day II. Jesse has not posted since day II but is active. Makes you wonder.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 05:17 PM
How do you know he's active?

Thomas
September 26th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Last Active: Today at 01:29:11 PM

he is HIDEIN somethin..

Todd
September 26th, 2011, 05:37 PM
why is it that the soul of the beast is assumed to be inactive? I am going to go off on on a limb and try to say the beast could very well be active. Consider if Theodore was executioner how convient was it that he got Yvette who was acting kind of like scum on the second day. Odds are pretty thin that was an executioner hit. Giving off this idea he is executioner (i dont remember him claiming) after that is probably the easiest way to survive to day 6 since people just ignore sucessful executioners and the zane jester types. His cryptic messages really just seem like smug "I'm going to win the game" remarks because Theodore is the soul of the beast

-Vote Theodore

Matthew
September 26th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Being inactive as the Beast is simply asking to lose.

Matthew
September 26th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I must also state, I recieved the same role that I recieved as in FM3.

Todd
September 26th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Thelma (2): Philip, Velma
Olga (2): Roger, Gladys
Jesse (1): Jane
Theodore (1): Todd

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I'm here.

Rosenberg
September 26th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Does that mean you're contributing?

Thomas
September 26th, 2011, 05:46 PM
no

Thomas
September 26th, 2011, 05:47 PM
NINA TELL ME YOUR ROLE

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Cole MacGrath [MacGrath] ???
Zeke Dunbar [MacGrath] ???
Random Conduit [MacGrath] ???

Enforcer [Vermaak 88] ???
Random Conduit [Vermaak 88] ???

Soul of The Beast ?Theodore?
Sasha (Reaper Leader) ???
Random Killing Neutral Spree Killer/Arson ?Olga?*
Random Neutral ?Jester? ?Theodore, Olga?
Random Neutral ?Exec? Theodore

Joseph Bertrand ???
Cop ???
Coroner ???
Militia Extremist Alan
Armorsmith ???
Priest ???
Random Power Town Bus Driver Velma
Random Power Town Vigi ???
Random Power Town Medic ???
Random Power Town ???
Citizen/Priset ???
Citizen/Priset ???
Citizen
Citizen

*only appiles for Spree Killer

This is what we know, and some of my speculations.
Ok, Thisis what I think should happen.
Masons should try to recuit Velma to check for cult, Medic should stop cult on Velma, the smith would give a vest to Velma. This way we have a 100% bus driver. She could the swap Amber or myself or anyone she really wants with someone, preferably me, as there's a good chance I die tonight. Amber is need for everyone to hunt for the beast.
Amber should check someone, I don't really care who, just someone suspicious.
Vigil with a shot should kill someone of the towns choosing.
We should lynch Theodore, worst case is he's jester.
The next day we should mass role claim, if the beast isn't dead, and take our last shot at him.
If the mafia have any info, use death note, you need beast dead too.

Note, Velma, COULD be the cult leader, with a culted bus driver. Or she could be cult with the beast, this will make sure she is clean, and give us a very powerful role if she is.
Another note, not many citis left, so anyone that turns up citi has a good chance of being bad.

I do think all the lurkers should claim today, that will give us a fair amount of info to work with.

For now,
Vote Theodore
My 2 cents.
Theodore (2) Todd, Delores.

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I know it's already been said, but I would assume that the Soul of the Beast is someone that is active and is trying as much as possible to come off as a different role.

Chris
September 26th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Jesse
Chris
Thelma
Nina
Matthew

Become active and claim now or we will shoot you. Yes we do possess enough shots to take out 4 of you. Claim or die!

Shame on you for asking us to role claim. Yes, the beast is the biggest threat. But the Cult will be the top priority soon too. I don't want to help them in any way. I don't mind you investigating me to see if I'm not the beast but I will not Role Claim publicly.

And I'd rather have Amber check me instead of Janet, since I think that Amber is more likely to be investigator instead of Consig. With one framer dead, I think that you should get a clear read on me.

Unlike others, I have class and a job. I can't be online much, I'm trying to contribute as much as I can but I just don't know anything about the beast.

I know I'm a low poster, I'd be the first to admit that. Sorry I can't help you more than I am.

Jane
September 26th, 2011, 06:13 PM
So who would you guess to be the Beast if you had to guess?

And I completely disagree on Theodore. I didn't think Yvette was acting scummy at all, and Theodore's play was exactly what I'd expect from an executioner.

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I want to hear Sonya.

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 06:17 PM
At this point, I really don't think Thomas is the Soul. Although it looks like he's screwing with everyone, he's putting thought into the game. To be honest, I value Thomas more than some of the others here.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 06:18 PM
These fancy plans won't work.

The beast could be culted now. So the cult will push to lynch a lurker who isn't the beast.

Investigators could get culted tonight. So we can't trust them tomorrow.

Role claiming makes good food for the cult.

So whoever posted these ides is probably cult.

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 06:21 PM
At this point, to find the Soul, we need to get every power role that has claimed, and review the information that they have provided to determine whether or not they are making it all up. Just like Faye thought he could pretend to be a Vigilante, I'm assuming the Soul is doing something similar. A reasonable example of a proven role is Amber. We know she's likely Investigator or Consigliere, and it's unreasonable for her to have been part of the Reapers on Day III.

Phillip
September 26th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I think Thelma is very suspicious.

But at the same time I just thought...

What if Thelma is being suspicious on purpose?

What i'm thinking:

Thelma might be cult who is covering for the soul of the beast to keep heat off of him long enough for cult to win by the beast. They don't need anyone alive but him to win. We can assume that if this scenario is true, Thelma is not the cult leader either as that would jeopardize the beast.

What is everyones thoughts on the above scenario?

Todd
September 26th, 2011, 06:25 PM
I dont think thelma is that suspicous in the first place... herp, derp. Just vote theodore man

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Thelma's posts are consistently useless since the beginning of the game.

Todd
September 26th, 2011, 06:27 PM
exactly thelma is just dumb/not a real player.

Thelma
September 26th, 2011, 06:27 PM
-vote Thelma

I request that you roleclaim or at least defend yourself about why you are so buddy with every decision

Civillian.

I have no evidence on my own so i peice them together myself from scraps.

not very useful

Rosenberg
September 26th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Could some one with better math skills than I come up with the odds of cult getting the soul of da beast? assuming randomness of course. This is a different thinking route to the soul of da beast than we had been going about it. We should pursue it until some one comes up with better logic.

Rosenberg
September 26th, 2011, 06:29 PM
not solely pursuing it though, that would be self defeating

Thelma
September 26th, 2011, 06:31 PM
exactly thelma is just dumb/not a real player.

:'( hurtz.

but yes, this is my first time. so i wont be insulted.

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 06:32 PM
You're lying.

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Gladys, have you said anything regarding your role?

Phillip
September 26th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I dont think thelma is that suspicous in the first place... herp, derp. Just vote theodore man

I don't think so.

Also your post is really annoying sir.

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 06:35 PM
When did Amber claim to investigate Brian? Night I or Night II?

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Keep in mind we need the vigil to kill someone tonight as well.

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 06:38 PM
I like how Gladys was just online, and likely saw my post, but decided to log out.

Phillip
September 26th, 2011, 06:39 PM
I like how Gladys was just online, and likely saw my post, but decided to log out.

I think he explained how this happens in a previous post(logs on his phone but doesn't check it very often)

although it might have been someone else.

Gladys
September 26th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Wasn't me that said that. Actually i closed my browser. And no, I've said nothing about my role.

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Would it help us if you told us the investigation category you fall under?

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 06:45 PM
So who do we lynch today?

Phillip
September 26th, 2011, 06:49 PM
So who do we lynch today?

thats not scummy at all.

Who do you think we should lynch Delores?

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 06:49 PM
See my vote.

Phillip
September 26th, 2011, 06:51 PM
See my vote.

Can you post a vote count?

also why would you ask who we should lynch if you already have an opinion?

Thomas
September 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM
5 bucks theo was culted

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Thomas, what investigation category are you in?

Thomas
September 26th, 2011, 06:56 PM
VIGI

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 07:01 PM
See my vote.

Can you post a vote count?

also why would you ask who we should lynch if you already have an opinion?
*face-palm*
Just look back a page or two, no one has voted in awhile.

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 07:01 PM
You're not Vigilante, because you denied shooting Timothy. You're crazy if you think there are three Vigilantes.

Thomas
September 26th, 2011, 07:06 PM
i am TELLONG u man there are 3 vingis,

Thomas
September 26th, 2011, 07:06 PM
also im going to sleep fuck now i am suspicious hello i am avoiding accusations bye

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I will post my defense in one hour. Vote me if you like, but be sure that you will be able to retract your votes later today.

I am telling you right now, you are wasting your time. I am not the Soul of the Beast.

In the meantime:
http://www.thecouncilofmages.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=1216

...for all you sleuths out there.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Fuck, now I have to stay up another hour.

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Fuck, now I have to stay up another hour.

You should probably just get some sleep, I might take a bit longer.

+1=3,16,21,28

Janet
September 26th, 2011, 07:23 PM
You're Batman?

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Who are you talking too?

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Okay. I don't know what Theodore is alluding to.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Well he is online right now, or at least 2 minutes ago he was.

Rosenberg
September 26th, 2011, 08:55 PM
He's assuming there's a disguiser. That's all I get from those 4 seemingly random posts. I am still in the dark about the stock market post.

Amber
September 26th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I am getting apples and bananas vibes.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 09:13 PM
What about Rosenburg? Is he safe? Could he be the beast?

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Of course he's not safe.

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I'm glad you waited.

I'm going to be as clear as possible to avoid any confusion or ambiguity.

Step 1: Analyze the avatar for subtle meaning.
A. It refers to a gas station in America.
B. Google. http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&gcx=w&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=76&qscrl=1
C. Oh, it's owned by another company (Conoco Philips). Google. http://goo.gl/mV0Eu
D. Theodore's claim is obvious.

See, it wasn't that hard. You just have to look deeper.

Step 2: Analyze Theodore's actions for consistency with his role.

Remember this?

This is most interesting.Yvette accusing Ralph?

I will tell you guys right now that the mafia is quite intelligent and has already planned out how to behave Day 2. I am going to re-read everything more carefully before deciding on what to do next.

Ask: Would Theodore say this if he was truly a Cop?
Two possibilities?:
1) Theodore checked Yvette and got a guilty result as a Cop.
2) Theodore is an executioner with Yvette as his target.

You may suggest, "Theodore is the Soul of the Beast trying to WIFOM his way to victory". Do you see why that is very unlikely? The Soul of the Beast would never want to draw too much attention to himself. What did I do? Exactly the opposite.

Here is a Fact I hope you will believe.
Fact: Steve the Orange Mafia Framer framed my n1 target and I used my information to lynch the person I wholeheartedly believed to be a freakish Conduit.

Now you may ask, "Why did you claim Executioner?" Isn't that counter productive?
Answer: I wanted to live longer. Who knows, I might be the town's only Cop.

Ask: But why reveal now? Why not later? We need you alive and not many people were accusing you!
Answer: Well,
1) My Night Investigations are as follows:
Yvette(Conduit)
Rosenberg(Innocent)
Jane(Conduit)
2) We need to pool our investigations to find the Soul of the Beast. If he is not found, we ALL lose.

I hope you will trust me. I will address Jane later. For now, ask me any questions you might have. I will answer them to the best of my ability. There is more to come later.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Anyone care to cc?

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Ok, that means Brian had one full night in cult chat. So he lied, if you are cop, then that means I couldn't have been framed night one.
-Unvote Theodore
Theodore (1) Todd

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 09:26 PM
You just fed red mafia to the cult.

Big mistake.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I take it Ralph is in the red mafia?
If you ask nicely, I'm sure the orange mafia's enforcer will lend you a hand.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 09:28 PM
I thought I was supposed to be orange mafia?

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Well how did you know he ws red mafia, cop doesnt find which family, only there in the mafia.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Oh, I just assumed from his color coding.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Anyways, we are not mafia hunting, we are Soul of Beast hunting.

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 09:33 PM
You just fed red mafia to the cult.

Big mistake.

And we care if Mafia get culted why? I'd much rather have a mafia get culted than a town. You just made a huge mistake with that post.

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Well how did you know he ws red mafia, cop doesnt find which family, only there in the mafia.

That is correct.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Ugh, again I try to help and people take it all wrong. I give up.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Ugh, again I try to help and people take it all wrong. I give up.
Who are you top suspects for the beast?

@Ralph I take it this is your first time?

Rosenberg
September 26th, 2011, 09:38 PM
You have too many Freudian Slips, Ralph, for us to believe your complete innocence

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Why dose everyone use that phase?

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I suspect people who talk a medium amount. Delores, Candice, Rosenburg. I also suspect Theodore. I dont know if I trust his claim yet.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Until I hear a cc, I'm ok with it.

Rosenberg
September 26th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Why dose people misspell does? Freud was a psychologist who said that people unwillingly reveal their mind in their actions. He called these "slips" That's why.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:45 PM
I know, I've seen that phase used 4 times in recent memory.

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 09:45 PM
No questions? Really? I'm just going to assume you all are mafia/scum unless you go through my posts and either confirm/deny what I said.

Please, play the game. Ask me questions.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Ok Theodore, who are your top suspects for Soul of the Beast?

Rosenberg
September 26th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Who do you suspect as to the Soul of the beast? (the question of the day)

ninja'd

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I feel so pro.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 09:49 PM
How do you know Steve framed Yvette?
Why did you check Rosenburg?
Why did you check Jane?

Rosenberg
September 26th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Is there another framer, Ralph? That's the second time this day I've seen that assumption come up. (not by you)

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Add why did he check Yvette to that.

Ralph
September 26th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Why do you assume there's only one framer?

Rosenberg
September 26th, 2011, 09:53 PM
I don't. I merely observe where assumptions crop up that aren't proven or discussed.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:54 PM
So, now we wait, again.

Rosenberg
September 26th, 2011, 09:55 PM
He's not even online!

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Trololololol.
Now that is funny.

Delores
September 26th, 2011, 09:59 PM
I'll see everyone in five hours for about 3 minates to do some quick catch-up.
Til then, I NEED SLEEP.

Nina
September 26th, 2011, 10:01 PM
My beast potentials would have to be Ralph, Roger, Thomas, Todd, Delores, and Candice at the moment. Still trying to eliminate people who I believe or can infer from to have night actions.

Also a small personal input opinion:

Those posts, not sure if intentionally trying or not. I believe a true beast would be TRYING to make it look like they have a night action.

I say we start with these people.

Candice
September 26th, 2011, 10:05 PM
I do not quite buy your claim Theodore.

There are two reasons:
1) Out of 35 possible choices to investigate on night one, you and the framer both decide to target the same person. The chance of this occurring is less than 3%. The only people that confirm that, however, are the remaining orange mafia. I will pose a question to you in this regard: Why did you choose to investigate Yvette?
2) You lynched Yvette based on failed arguments and misinformation. The fact that you reached a conclusion before you considered the information presented can be argued to prove both sheriff and executioner in this case. You were certain Yvette needed to be lynched either way. So let me pose another question to you - Which is more likely the path to be used by the executioner to lynch - One based on a role claim, or one based solely on arguments? And to follow that question: Why did you choose not to claim your information?

I still think you are executioner, and I am almost certain that you are trying to live until the end at this point. But again, the only people who can truly confirm this fact one way or another are the people in the mafia.

Janet
September 26th, 2011, 10:14 PM
It really just comes down to a counterclaim. Until that time I will assume that he is telling the truth and not the soul of the beast.

The only real way would be if both beast and the sheriff were culted and one was pretending to be the other.

Phillip
September 26th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I believe him. He let slip something about his 2nd objective as Executioner(about saving his daughter) but I remember reading that as a flavor ending on one of the first forum mafias so its not like that claim is unique. IT seems me like to me he wanted to really convince us he was Exec so he would be ignored...

But at the same time vowed to help town. No one is counter claiming either so i'm going to trust him, at least for now.

Candice
September 26th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Note... what he said was not about his secondary objective. That was something I countered him with, but I was wrong.

I am not exactly sure whether or not I can disclose what I believe his secondary objective to be, but it's easily inferred assuming he is executioner.

Jane
September 26th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Theodore, on day 1 I was 90% sure that you were the sheriff, because I didn't feel that even an executioner would push a lynch on the case you had on Yvette. However, I find it unbelievable you've now gotten two incorrect investigations. I think it's a lot more likely that you're the Jester or mafia pretending to be one instead of an Executioner or Cop at this point. Your conviction that Steve framed Yvette is also rather suspicious, since the Red Mafia could have a framer as well.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if you were the Beast trying to WIFOM your way to victory by pretending to be a Cop/Executioner/Jester either, honestly. I still feel like that's unlikely though.

The Soul of the Beast would never want to draw too much attention to himself. What did I do? Exactly the opposite.

WIFOM.

I'm staying on Jesse. I feel like we need to get something out of him today, as his drop off in posts has been rather suspicious.

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Ok Theodore, who are your top suspects for Soul of the Beast?

Someone smart, who posts infrequently but with thoughtful messages every time.

How do you know Steve framed Yvette?
Why did you check Rosenburg?
Why did you check Jane?

1) I got a guilty result, but she obviously wasn't guilty.
2) He voted guilty with me on Yvette. Look at the stats: Faye and Steve and Patrick were ALL on that bandwagon; it only made sense that more people on the wagon were probably mafia.
3) Same reason, also she seemed particularly scummy to me.

I do not quite buy your claim Theodore.

There are two reasons:
1) Out of 35 possible choices to investigate on night one, you and the framer both decide to target the same person. The chance of this occurring is less than 3%. The only people that confirm that, however, are the remaining orange mafia. I will pose a question to you in this regard: Why did you choose to investigate Yvette?

I skimmed over the Day 1 troll posts and saw that Yvette wrote a little crab story. I wanted to know more about Yvette because of this. You are correct when you say it is very unlikely. That is why I pursued Yvette so vigorously, for this very reason. I knew the chances were low, so I assumed she was mafia.

2) You lynched Yvette based on failed arguments and misinformation. The fact that you reached a conclusion before you considered the information presented can be argued to prove both sheriff and executioner in this case. You were certain Yvette needed to be lynched either way. So let me pose another question to you - Which is more likely the path to be used by the executioner to lynch - One based on a role claim, or one based solely on arguments? And to follow that question: Why did you choose not to claim your information?
I disagree. I think the arguments were fair but not substantial. I would not have pursued the lynch if I did not get a guilty result as a sheriff. The most likely path for an executioner would be a role claim. However, you probably realize my intelligence is a step above that petty level and I could be WIFOMing you. Therefore, your question holds little purpose. I chose not to claim that information because the lynch didn't require it. Enough people voted her such that I didn't have to roleclaim.

I choose to ignore Jane's post for now because it is likely out of a mafia's mouth.

Candice
September 26th, 2011, 11:30 PM
One more thing: Were you planning on role claiming if you didn't gather enough support for a lynch without it?

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 11:32 PM
One more thing: Were you planning on role claiming if you didn't gather enough support for a lynch without it?

Yes. 100% yes.

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Amber, what do you think of my roleclaim?

Alan
September 26th, 2011, 11:37 PM

So just tell us who. We're looking for ideas here. The main idea right now is to lynch a lurker but you're suggesting otherwise, so please elaborate.

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 11:38 PM

So just tell us who. We're looking for ideas here. The main idea right now is to lynch a lurker but you're suggesting otherwise, so please elaborate.

I really didn't have a specific person in mind, I'm just guessing here.

Theodore
September 26th, 2011, 11:56 PM
Okay, here's where I think we should start:
-vote Olga
It won't hurt us, and will only help us eliminate one more possibility for the Beast.

Time to get the party started.

Amber
September 27th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Amber, what do you think of my roleclaim?

I think if we survive our fight with the Beast I will care, but until then I just want to find the soul of the beast. Unless, you are him, your roleclaim means nothing to me right now.

Nina
September 27th, 2011, 01:14 AM
I feel that lynching a potential killing role right now is not a good thing to do. It is now EVERYONE's interest to kill the Soul. We need to use every option available to us.

Alan
September 27th, 2011, 01:33 AM
I feel that lynching a potential killing role right now is not a good thing to do. It is now EVERYONE's interest to kill the Soul. We need to use every option available to us.

This argument is dumb. If he really is a spree killer he's useless in the beast hunting, and he have a passive vest so we need to kill him sooner or later.

Also, I'm pretty sure his claim was a joke and he's not really the killer. I'm not saying that he's a townie, just don't take his claim seriously. We probably have an arsonist and he's going to burn tomorrow if we don't find the beast. That might be a bad or good thing, depending on how many townies he hits and if he hits the beast.

So I'll put my vote, I reserve the right to unvote if the count gets too high, but I want a real claim from him instead of his useless posts.

-vote Olga

Olga (4): Roger, Gladys, Theodore, Alan

Amber
September 27th, 2011, 03:40 AM
-vote Olga

One day to go. Got to get things moving.

Ralph
September 27th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Ok.

vote Olga

Olga (6): Roger, Gladys, Theodore, Alan, Amber, Ralph

Somebody check or kill Rosenburg tonight.

Roger
September 27th, 2011, 04:51 AM
How many is it to lynch now? 12?

Thelma
September 27th, 2011, 04:58 AM
-vote olga

youre not a spree killer. give us a serius RC

Roger
September 27th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Olga (7): Roger, Gladys, Theodore, Alan, Amber, Ralph, Thelma

Chris
September 27th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Thats an interesting twist. I expected Theodore to claim cop the moment he said that his avatar had something and that he claimed Executioner. It would have been a good plan to fall back on if he couldn't get the help he needed to lynch Yvette.

I still think that Theodore is Exe for now, I guess I'm willing to give it a little more time for someone to cc.

Funny how many people just jump onto his ideas everyday. He even said that he has no info on Olga.

I'll vote Olga not because of the current bandwagon but because Elixir hasn't said anything to help Olgas defense.

I'm curious to what Jane has to say about his role once we get past this Beast thing.

Olga (8): Roger, Gladys, Theodore, Alan, Amber, Ralph, Thelma, Chris

Rosenberg
September 27th, 2011, 05:28 AM
-vote Olga

I will be gone for most of today so I will put my vote out there.

Olga (9): Roger, Gladys, Theodore, Alan, Amber, Ralph, Thelma, Chris, Rosenberg

L-4. If we want more discussion then people should unvote until closer to the day's end. (at this rate I won't be here for the day end :'( )

Chris
September 27th, 2011, 05:32 AM
I'll be leaving in 3 hours so, I'll be around to unvote until then.

Alan
September 27th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Thats an interesting twist. I expected Theodore to claim cop the moment he said that his avatar had something and that he claimed Executioner. It would have been a good plan to fall back on if he couldn't get the help he needed to lynch Yvette.
My avatar hinted my role too. You should look at the full version of it (just search alan wake on google img)

Funny how many people just jump onto his ideas everyday. He even said that he has no info on Olga.

It's not even him who started voting Olga, actually. He's a good candidate for the beast and you know it.

Chris
September 27th, 2011, 05:54 AM
It's not even him who started voting Olga, actually. He's a good candidate for the beast and you know it.

I just noticed that whenever he votes, many more follow and start a bandwagon when Theodore backs it up.

Theodore Voted and then 4 others voted quickly after.