PDA

View Full Version : Mason Leader does not run out of charges.

Arrow
October 13th, 2013, 06:42 PM
I've noticed before that mason leaders sometimes get 'extra' charges without dying, but this is the first time I thought to save a replay. The original mason in this dark heresy game(where Mason Leaders are limited to 2 recruits) ultimately, over the course of the game, recruits two masons and purges three cult, for a total of 5 conversion attempts. He never dies and the Mason Leader never changes. I'm not sure why he keeps getting to recruit after the 2-recruits limit is reached; whenever I play Mason Leader, both purges and recruits count against my charges.

I am not accusing the other player of cheating, as I have seen this behavior in other games previously, where the mason leader would thump, say, 3 cult. I think there's a bug in the counting system that stops him under certain circumstances.

ika
October 13th, 2013, 06:52 PM
i didnt look at it but was the ml orgionaly a mason? usally mason into ml ignores it

Arrow
October 13th, 2013, 06:53 PM
He was originally a mason, yes.

Elixir
October 13th, 2013, 07:00 PM
If a Mason is promoted to Mason Leader they always retain at least 1 charge, even if the previous ML used all their charges. I'll check the replay later but that generally is what causes stuff like this. Though if it's the same leader throughout the game then it could be a problem.

Arrow
October 13th, 2013, 07:02 PM
It's the same leader the entire game; the masons suffered no casualties. (I'm well familiar with the masons eating their own for more recruit/purge attempts on a new mason leader.)

Deantwo
October 14th, 2013, 02:42 AM
If a Mason is promoted to Mason Leader they always retain at least 1 charge, even if the previous ML used all their charges. I'll check the replay later but that generally is what causes stuff like this. Though if it's the same leader throughout the game then it could be a problem.
I thought the new Mason Leader would have a full set of charges, no matter how many charges the previous Mason Leader used.

It's the same leader the entire game; the masons suffered no casualties. (I'm well familiar with the masons eating their own for more recruit/purge attempts on a new mason leader.)
I'd hope so, i wrote that Wiki a year ago: (Wiki) Strategies: Suicide (http://wiki.sc2mafia.com/index.php?title=Suicide)

sc2reboot
October 14th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I watched the replay, the players started as mason, became mason leader n1. He did recruit 2 (role card says 2 recruitings) and then continues to attempt to recruit.

louiswill
October 14th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Every new mason leader get 2 charges during darkheresay.

Purge doesn't consume charges, recruit does.

did he recruit the last mason during last night phrase of the game? No.

It has to be a bug then, if he can still visit after recruit two masons.

cxx
October 14th, 2013, 09:49 PM
[...]
Purge doesn't consume charges, recruit does.
[...]

No, both do. There is even an achievement for spending all charges on purging.
It's simply a bug.

Mugy
October 15th, 2013, 01:41 AM
This is definitely a bug, I've played several games where I've recruited two masons a well as killed off several cultists.

Xentios
November 5th, 2013, 09:29 AM
This is a bug and pretty frequent bug. I see this in DH games at least 3 times

Helz
April 8th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Confirmed that this is no longer an issue.