PDA

View Full Version : Role Suggestion: Hero

Faceless
May 13th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Role name: Hero

Alignment: Town

Ability: The Hero would have a one-time use ability that allows him to be lynched in the place of someone else who is currently being lynched. If implementing a day-time ability is too hard, then maybe just have it be a night-time ability that he targets someone with to protect that person if he/she is lynched the following day.

Other thoughts: In the right hands, this could make it or break it for the town. It could buy a wrongly accused Sheriff more time, or save the Vigilante who's assumed to be a Mafioso. It could even save the misguided townsfolk from a Jester-related suicide the following night if used correctly. The idea is that if the Hero knows that the person being lynched should NOT be lynched, he can take a hit for the team and prevent that person from being lynched by getting himself killed.

Zane
May 13th, 2011, 02:41 AM
This sounds awesome :o

Membrax
May 13th, 2011, 03:35 AM
Pretty clever idea. I'd like to see the "day version" implemented but I think DR already said it would be pretty hard.
Cool idea none the less, and for once, not totally OP like many suggestions we see here ;D

Clawtrocity
May 13th, 2011, 09:08 AM
This seems like a very circumstantial role. You have to guess who's going to get lynched each day and if you're right you die? I know it's not the same thing, but the Bodyguard is a much better version of this sacrificing one for the team thing. At least in my opinion.

Omgproberush
May 13th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Eh, if people want to lynch someone, he or she should be lynched. If they made a mistake, they can suffer the consequences. Also, it's just another role people will probably quit if they get anyway because "it's not cool enough" or something.

Mysterymeat
May 13th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Good idea, but I think the bodyguard is similar to this and better. Also if ppl get this role, I'm guessing several noobs will leave because they all want power roles, and this is basically like cit to ppl as few want to sacrifice themselves for others.