PDA

View Full Version : [Removal] Lawless and Chicago

Xentios
October 12th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Lawless is just a random lynch game which you randomly click and ,
Chicago is 4 mafia setup which is also unbalanced for town.

Both setups are pretty bad and we cant even -repick or -default cuz of not enough NON-AFK players at setup phase.

So i am and MANY VETERAN PLAYERS are tired of this 2 mode being selected in the purpose of TROLLING.

So please remove this 2 modes and put a time on setup screen that auto selects SOTD after 30 or 45 sec if host is afk.

This game needs better setup selection system before than anyother random New Role.

Sotd and -default is a very good system but needs more updates and please reduce vote limit for "-default" .

RLVG
October 12th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Chicago is balanced for the "veteran players", I agree that Lawless is in fact a trollfest but there's a different way to look at it.

Personally, I like Lawless because of the thrill it causes.
How you're required to trick others, how to avoid attention and how to not get killed.

The only thing I dislike with Lawless is the Amnesiac. 1 Mafia can die, best option is to pick the Mafia.
Opps, the other benign are also Amnesiac picking Mafia so now it's like 6 living Mafia.

Helz
October 12th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I like both of these modes. Chicago is great if you have a real vet lobby and lawless is just 9 kinds of fun with a totally different play style.

louiswill
October 12th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Lawless setup is not brainless,

Lawless players are always brainless though.

Anyone knows about secret allies and threaten strategies?

I actually see less 'random' lynch in lawless now.

Xentios
October 12th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Lawless setup is not brainless,

Lawless players are always brainless though.

Anyone knows about secret allies and threaten strategies?

I actually see less 'random' lynch in lawless now.

There is no strategy in lawless.
You just wait someone to point someone else than go and vote that guy in the fear of they randomly vote you.

Playing arso/survivor is just a pain in the ass, you just wait for one faction to write your number in DN.

For Jester,Amnesiac,Witch it is the fight of luck you die at night or you die at day.

For Mafia/triad it is a guess game , lets guess who is the enemy and try to hit them.

The most important part is in normal games if you are town and died at n1 you still have a chance to win that game, in lawless your RANDOM death at n1/n2 means you lost the game even if you are mafia/triad

louiswill
October 12th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Idle is the best?

Dont think and dont talk, if you win it is your luck. ---you know, then you shouldn't play games. Lotteries are better.

As a player who can vote and talk, it is just as powerful.

Manipulate those who are active, push off those who are inactive off cliff, eventually, you get a better chance of winning.

Lawless is already a heaven for survivor, even you only have 2 vests.

because no side really worry about survivor unless you are over active.

Even struggle get you only 1% more chance to win and have fun, that is worthy to do.

You are not '"working"" in mafia right? Don't sit and rot.

If you want a game play in yourfavor, you have to work it out.

plus,
Mafia Vs Triad is never a Guess game, it depend on people's role setup strategies.

Every efforts counts, if you were arguing effort is too little to affact a game, it is almost same in any other setups.

Xentios
October 13th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Idle is the best?

Dont think and dont talk, if you win it is your luck. ---you know, then you shouldn't play games. Lotteries are better.

As a player who can vote and talk, it is just as powerful.

Manipulate those who are active, push off those who are inactive off cliff, eventually, you get a better chance of winning.

Lawless is already a heaven for survivor, even you only have 2 vests.

because no side really worry about survivor unless you are over active.

Even struggle get you only 1% more chance to win and have fun, that is worthy to do.

You are not '"working"" in mafia right? Don't sit and rot.

If you want a game play in yourfavor, you have to work it out.

plus,
Mafia Vs Triad is never a Guess game, it depend on people's role setup strategies.

Every efforts counts, if you were arguing effort is too little to affact a game, it is almost same in any other setups.

If you talk and point other players mafia thinks you are triad and triad thinks you are mafia and next day they both attack you!

And please how it is a heaven for survivor? If you use your vest and maf/triad hits you next day you will be lyched cuz of the DN that says "x is arso". If you dont use vest and they attack you well you die and lost again.

Just face it . The only strategy that works is convice other players you are jester other than that they will just Bandvagon on the first guy that got 2 vote.

Helz
October 13th, 2013, 02:08 AM
So lawless gameplay:

A witch is a survivor in Lawless and you can confirm yourself to players in the game. There is no reason to not claim witch off the bat in that game. There is no town so it wins with everyone.

A Survivor claim will look like bullshit to most players.

An Exe should also claim and claim a target.

Any of those 3 roles are what you want to pretend to be in Lawless. If you use them as a claim you have to balance it out with a lack of pushing for lynches. Everyone wants to find and kill the Arson as the game pushes on so if you want someone lynched accuse them of that. As mafia you want to get witches/survivors/exe on your side and control the vote. As a NK you want to claim Witch/Survivor/Exe as your role and float it out. As a Witch you want to confirm your role to as many players as you can. As an Exe you can have the easiest win of your life and kick your feet up.

There is nothing brainless about this save. Only the players that play it.

sc2reboot
October 13th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Well, I like both, although they can be frustrating with certain players. The bonus xp needs to be removed though. No one will play a saved game anymore (or stay for one for that matter) unless their "omg -default get 50% moar points!" At least make the Setup of the Day... a daily setup. Or even a weekly setup.

louiswill
October 13th, 2013, 10:55 AM
If you talk and point other players mafia thinks you are triad and triad thinks you are mafia and next day they both attack you!

And please how it is a heaven for survivor? If you use your vest and maf/triad hits you next day you will be lyched cuz of the DN that says "x is arso". If you dont use vest and they attack you well you die and lost again.

Just face it . The only strategy that works is convice other players you are jester other than that they will just Bandvagon on the first guy that got 2 vote.

If you dont talk, dont appoint fingers, what makes you look like? The minority Triad/mafia, the other side will hunt you down anyway.

Thus, make a stand is actually a better idea.

WHITE BOY SLIM AYO
October 13th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Hey! I like Lawless because the games end really fast! If it gets turned into setup of the day, I'd have no complaints.
Chicago may be a little imbalanced, but as RLVG, it's more suited for experienced players.

MrJazzHands2
October 15th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I have played Chicago once, and I hated it.
Lawless, on the other hand, is awesome.
I'm my opinion, almost everyone gets a fun role.

Voss
October 15th, 2013, 11:12 PM
lawless setup is best setup.

ika
October 15th, 2013, 11:22 PM
lawless: as arson claim arson day 1, just about everyone will dub you as jester then its great hilarity when i do things like that. i have won a game by claiming arson day one and literally only dousing like 1 or 2 people.

Everyone went like "obvious jester, ignore him"

i love lawless and it should stay, chicogo on the ohter hand is more set for people who set up private matches or expeinced players

Xentios
October 20th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Really after this post new SOTD is a new lawless mode? Pls fix sotd at asap and dont let TROLLS vote

Edit:This is the most random click setup i have ver seen. FIX THIS SOTD DO NOT LET TROLLS VOTE

ARSO is not invul and victim knows he is doused? lawless was a better setup than this SSOTY. Shit save of the year!

Edit 2:Really LAWLESS would be a much better setup than this FAIL SOTD

Edit 3 : I am %100 sure i would make a better setup than this Sotd by only randomly click roles than FIXING the role options