PDA

View Full Version : Role Idea: Rivals

Faceless
May 12th, 2011, 11:22 PM
I actually came up with this idea a day ago but it wasn't until seeing "oops_ur_dead"'s post that I thought to post it.

There would have to be a minimum of two Rivals per game otherwise it wouldn't work or it'd be about as boring as being a lone Mason.

Role name: Rival

Win conditions: The idea is that the Rival's win conditions would be the same as any Town role, except they would want to see all other Rivals dead (be the last man standing). Or maybe it could be implemented as a neutral role and be the same as Survivor but with the "kill all other Rivals" part.

Abilities: I'm not sure that there would be any necessary abilities unless there was an "investigate" type ability made especially for revealing other Rivals. Or maybe a night-time kill that can only be used once (leaving you pretty screwed if you off the wrong guy).

Other thoughts: My initial thoughts would be that each Rival would be trying to figure out who the other Rivals were without revealing his own identity (because that would expose him and open him up to attack from other Rivals whether it be via accusations or a night time ability). If there was no investigative ability, the only way to figure out who's who would be through process of elimination or picking out small lies from the other Rivals. When questioned about their role, the Rival may want to lie but still appear to be a townie. This would add an interesting type of conflict to the game that isn't completely based around 'Faction vs. Faction' as it kind of is right now. It'd also give Mafia the ability to use a new type of excuse. Rather than the Jester excuse, they may want to use the newly discovered Rival excuse instead.

If I overlooked something let me know.