PDA

View Full Version : M-FM XIX Poll

Cryptonic
September 28th, 2013, 06:45 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT!

If more votes (enough players for 2 games and 2 reserves) are placed, a second M-FM will be run.

The top voted M-FM will be run, as usual.
The second top voted M-FM will begin around day 4 of the top vote M-FM.

This just may be the Poll for M-FM XIX and M-FM XX!

The time has come to vote for the next MFM! There's quite a bit of competition this time around and therefore you will be given ample time to consider your votes. The poll will close in 2 weeks! After the game is approved, a few days will be given to ensure that the winning setup is balanced and non-contradictory .

Goodluck!!

Game 1: Avatar- the Last Air Bender: Book One
Host(s): Slaol & Gerik
Avatar- the Last Air Bender: Book One (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/21922-M-FM-Avatar-the-Last-Air-Bender-Book-One)

Game 2: Starcraft 2
Host(s): AppleyNO
Starcraft 2 (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/21911-M-FM-Starcraft-2)

Game 3: Golden Olympian Age
Host(s): ypmagic
Golden Olympian Age (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/20663-M-FM-Golden-Olympian-Age)

Game 4: Gates to Infinity
Host(s): Fragos
Gates to Infinity (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/18977-M-FM-Gates-to-Infinity)

Game 5: Gladiator Arena
Host(s): Titus
Gladiator Arena (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/21193-M-FM-Gladiator-Arena)

Game 6: Tarot
Host(s): Poriomania & Azuirae
Tarot (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/22528-M-FM-Tarot?p=365029#post365029)

Game 7: Voodoo
Host(s): 42shadow42 & powerofdeath
Voodoo (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/22425-M-FM-Voodoo)

Game 8: Serial Arsonfather
Host(s): ika
Serial Arsonfather (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/22387-M-FM-Serial-Arsonfather?p=362386#post362386)

There are so many good choices D: Avatar looks amazing with the cult-esque Freedom Fighters/Aang and evolving win conditions, Gates to Infinity looks fun too, Tarot has a very intriguing special mechanic, and Voodoo, of course, is a Cult game(my personal favorite). I'm torn between voting for Avatar and Tarot. I might vote Voodoo, but I very much dislike being personally bribed. It feels very under-the-table, even if everyone else is offering the same promise.

M-FM Tarot features the following:

- Role play written completely from scratch.
- Central game mechanic based on the reversal of Tarot cards. You will receive an initial role with one role card on it. However, if you meet certain conditions, then you will reverse the role, receiving an entirely new role card.
- Multiple roles on one role card.
- Voting for the setup gives you an auto sign.

MFM Voodoo is a MFM with 2 sided Cult against the Masons and the Town, with the neutrals thrown in the mix.
Remember if you vote for us, we promise you we will give you a slot in the game.
Thank you for your consideration.
-42Shadow42 and Powerofdeath

@Campaign

The Golden Olympian Age features custom gameplay to enhance role play in the background setting of Olympus, the peak of all Olympian gods and it's occupants. With such simple mechanics and interesting special mechanics and more to be added, it's not going to be a boring 20 player game with ordinary roles. Vote for the Golden Olympian Age now to experience the power of a God consume you and where you control the God!

Of course, all of the people that vote for me and the people from my previously abandoned SFM The Startling will be promised a spot, so vote vote vote!

Guys. There is only one game that will have the outcome determined by if or if not cabbages do or do not come into play.

Also, literally every player in Gerik and I's has a chance to become a power role. So we've go that going for us which is nice.

(as well as the obvious inclusion of auto-spots for votes)

So much choice! I think the setup that is most popular and best planned deserves to win, not just the ones that promise voters a spot. The fact that bribing players is successful suggests there is a higher demand for spots in these games than there are spots being made available. The list of choices we have for who will host the next MFM game only goes to prove that the bottleneck is artificial. Something for Cryptonic and his compatriots to consider.

And in case the potential hosts were looking for any feedback I gave my reasons for choosing/not choosing your games:

Avatar- the Last Air Bender: Book One: Looks very solid and I have no doubt you guys would deliver us a well enacted game. I don't know anything about Avatar though.
Starcraft 2: Looks great. 3 clear factions. Plenty of Cits. Starcraft story never gets old to me either. Love it. My vote goes here.
Golden Olympian Age: Lol your layout/colours weren't easy on the eyes, but I forced myself to read it. The setup actually looks quite simple and good. The RPey stuff seems a bit intrusive to me, but I don't go in for much RP so others might have different opinions. I mean you can do however much you want but it's also nice to be able to see very quickly and easily exactly what roles are and which roles are in the game and how many of each alignment there are.
Gates to Infinity: The Town looks severely underpowered. They have 8/20 votes at the start of the game, and half of them are Citizens whose power is supposed to be in the vote, but they don't even have enough votes to lynch an opponent.
Gladiator Arena: I really like the idea of factions being able to choose their own roles, but this game looks multiple faction heavy and I'm looking for something more black (scum) and white (Town) this time around. Call me old and boring.
Tarot: I like your passion Porio and your keen-ness to break some new ground, but I'm looking for something more basic and standard this time around.
Voodoo: Cool theme guys, but I have played too many Cult games lately.
Serial Arsonfather: Though I trust you'd host a great game, Ika, this role put me off because it's so Night action OP that it makes roles that oppose it not much fun to play.

I hope Avatar or Starcraft 2 win, even though they are trailing. I hope players don't just vote for the game they think will give them a spot.

Even thought the Town looks underpowered in Gates to Infinity, this is exactly the reason why they'll take the least number of causalties. 8 votes total is enough for then to control majority with their Enforcer or Rebel allies. So the actual number of "town" roles would be 11/20 if you count in one of the allied factions. How's that to you?

Who else has a game with a Confirmed Town(in the form of a Marshall, Mayor, Mason Leader, or Dayshot Vigilante!) AND a Familiar, which has yet to be tested in an FM and is being considered for -Mafia- coding and testing????

AppleyNO
September 28th, 2013, 06:49 PM
If you vote for me, you are guaranteed a spot :) :D

GL HF everyone

Slaol
September 28th, 2013, 06:53 PM
If you vote for me, you are guaranteed a Mafia that doesn't include an Actress and a Blackmailer :) :D

Also, stuff and things.

Cryptonic
September 28th, 2013, 06:53 PM
if you vote for mine, i won't b& u :) :D

oh wait..

Slaol
September 28th, 2013, 06:56 PM
if you vote for mine, i won't b& u :) :D

oh wait..

You hosting for next round?

Cryptonic
September 28th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Nooo, I'm going to give others a turn before throwing in another game.

Poriomania
September 28th, 2013, 07:01 PM
M-FM Tarot features the following:

- Role play written completely from scratch.
- Central game mechanic based on the reversal of Tarot cards. You will receive an initial role with one role card on it. However, if you meet certain conditions, then you will reverse the role, receiving an entirely new role card.
- Multiple roles on one role card.
- Voting for the setup gives you an auto sign.

powerofdeath
September 28th, 2013, 09:49 PM
MFM Voodoo is a MFM with 2 sided Cult against the Masons and the Town, with the neutrals thrown in the mix.
Remember if you vote for us, we promise you we will give you a slot in the game.

ypmagic
September 28th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Hello there.

@Campaign

The Golden Olympian Age features custom gameplay to enhance role play in the background setting of Olympus, the peak of all Olympian gods and it's occupants. With such simple mechanics and interesting special mechanics and more to be added, it's not going to be a boring 20 player game with ordinary roles. Vote for the Golden Olympian Age now to experience the power of a God consume you and where you control the God!

Of course, all of the people that vote for me and the people from my previously abandoned SFM The Startling will be promised a spot, so vote vote vote!

Fragos
September 28th, 2013, 11:14 PM
If you vote for me, I'll promise the same things as others did - plus you will be able to pick your own FM account name!

The tagline for the Gates to Infinity has been added:

Truth or Ideals? You choose!

Slaol
September 28th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Guys. There is only one game that will have the outcome determined by if or if not cabbages do or do not come into play.

Also, literally every player in Gerik and I's has a chance to become a power role. So we've go that going for us which is nice.

(as well as the obvious inclusion of auto-spots for votes)

AppleyNO
September 28th, 2013, 11:24 PM
Who else has a game with a Confirmed Town(in the form of a Marshall, Mayor, Mason Leader, or Dayshot Vigilante!) AND a Familiar, which has yet to be tested in an FM and is being considered for -Mafia- coding and testing????

Slaol
September 28th, 2013, 11:26 PM
is being considered for -Mafia- coding and testing????

Leaking R&D? Banned.

AppleyNO
September 28th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Leaking R&D? Banned.
I'm already banned from RandD, so I don't even know if its in there O.o

AppleyNO
September 28th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Also, everyone copied me on this vote = confirmed spot thing. Be Original guys.

Fragos
September 28th, 2013, 11:30 PM
I still believe that this community is large enough to have 2 M-FMs running at once. You'll see that I am right once this poll gathers more than 40 votes total.

Slaol
September 28th, 2013, 11:30 PM

You copied the unspoken rule and claimed it as your own.

powerofdeath
September 28th, 2013, 11:32 PM

Shadow and I already planned this long ago, we aren't copying you, we are copying Cryptonic.

AppleyNO
September 28th, 2013, 11:32 PM
You copied the unspoken rule and claimed it as your own.
No, I copied Cryptonic. I was just the first one to use it in this thread. GG

AppleyNO
September 28th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Shadow and I already planned this long ago, we aren't copying you, we are copying Cryptonic.
YOU EDITTING SCUM :O

Damus_Graves
September 29th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Remember when voting for Setups didn't give you an auto in?

Fragos
September 29th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Earlier on, I received a PM from powerof death asking me to vote for Voodoo. He mistakenly sent that message to me, saying that he tried to send it to a friend of his.

I'm just wondering, how many of you have received the following PM from powerofdeath?

Hello there, we noticed that you like to play forum mafia games and we were hoping you would vote for MFM Voodoo as our next MFM. Remember if you vote for us, we promise you we will give you a slot in the game.

Dagaen
September 29th, 2013, 02:06 AM
I received one.

I think we are suppose to choose the best one, not the one with most benefits.

SuperJack
September 29th, 2013, 02:20 AM
I will not vote anyone who is trying to bribe. It's the wrong thing to do.

People should vote for the setup they like the most.

Voss
September 29th, 2013, 02:22 AM
I will not vote anyone who is trying to bribe. It's the wrong thing to do.

People should vote for the setup they like the most.

What if you like a setup who's hosts are bribing? =P

Dagaen
September 29th, 2013, 02:22 AM
After quick look at setups, Gates of Infinity works best for me:P

SuperJack
September 29th, 2013, 02:25 AM
What if you like a setup who's hosts are bribing? =P

Then I say pick another. It's the host's falut for attempting to bribe.

How would you feel, if you was a different host that did not bribe, but you never get to host because of the other hosts bribeing.

Fragos
September 29th, 2013, 02:41 AM
I thought he was aiming to send a PM to his "friend", but why would he confuse my name with someone else? And then I noticed higher number of votes on Voodoo than usual. That's why I decided to bring this up.

Fragos
September 29th, 2013, 02:47 AM
Not sure about Ganondorf, but deathworlds, Kusco, Leonlol and sc2reboot are relatively new players to SC2 community. I wonder if they voted Voodoo because powerofdeath privately asked then to do that. Those people should at the very least reconsider their votes if they indeed received PM from powerofdeath.

Muso
September 29th, 2013, 03:05 AM
So much choice! I think the setup that is most popular and best planned deserves to win, not just the ones that promise voters a spot. The fact that bribing players is successful suggests there is a higher demand for spots in these games than there are spots being made available. The list of choices we have for who will host the next MFM game only goes to prove that the bottleneck is artificial. Something for Cryptonic and his compatriots to consider.

And in case the potential hosts were looking for any feedback I gave my reasons for choosing/not choosing your games:

Avatar- the Last Air Bender: Book One: Looks very solid and I have no doubt you guys would deliver us a well enacted game. I don't know anything about Avatar though.
Starcraft 2: Looks great. 3 clear factions. Plenty of Cits. Starcraft story never gets old to me either. Love it. My vote goes here.
Golden Olympian Age: Lol your layout/colours weren't easy on the eyes, but I forced myself to read it. The setup actually looks quite simple and good. The RPey stuff seems a bit intrusive to me, but I don't go in for much RP so others might have different opinions. I mean you can do however much you want but it's also nice to be able to see very quickly and easily exactly what roles are and which roles are in the game and how many of each alignment there are.
Gates to Infinity: The Town looks severely underpowered. They have 8/20 votes at the start of the game, and half of them are Citizens whose power is supposed to be in the vote, but they don't even have enough votes to lynch an opponent.
Gladiator Arena: I really like the idea of factions being able to choose their own roles, but this game looks multiple faction heavy and I'm looking for something more black (scum) and white (Town) this time around. Call me old and boring.
Tarot: I like your passion Porio and your keen-ness to break some new ground, but I'm looking for something more basic and standard this time around.
Voodoo: Cool theme guys, but I have played too many Cult games lately.
Serial Arsonfather: Though I trust you'd host a great game, Ika, this role put me off because it's so Night action OP that it makes roles that oppose it not much fun to play.

I hope Avatar or Starcraft 2 win, even though they are trailing. I hope players don't just vote for the game they think will give them a spot.

Muso
September 29th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Not sure about Ganondorf, but deathworlds, Kusco, Leonlol and sc2reboot are relatively new players to SC2 community. I wonder if they voted Voodoo because powerofdeath privately asked then to do that. Those people should at the very least reconsider their votes if they indeed received PM from powerofdeath.

I got 1 too. I think they just grabbed lists of players from the last FM or from recent sign-up lists and spammed us.

Muso
September 29th, 2013, 03:12 AM
Vote 1. Starcraft

Fragos
September 29th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Even thought the Town looks underpowered in Gates to Infinity, this is exactly the reason why they'll take the least number of causalties. 8 votes total is enough for then to control majority with their Enforcer or Rebel allies. So the actual number of "town" roles would be 11/20 if you count in one of the allied factions. How's that to you?

Apocist
September 29th, 2013, 03:14 AM
I love AppleNo hosting, but Tarot for sure.

Muso
September 29th, 2013, 03:17 AM
This Spambox thing looks really effective.

Muso
September 29th, 2013, 03:18 AM
I really hope Voodoo doesn't win now lol because it is almost guaranteed you won't get a spot if it does.

Hypersniper
September 29th, 2013, 03:22 AM
i vote for voodoo cause i like cult games
i got no stupid pm

eliZa
September 29th, 2013, 03:26 AM
I hope I get a starting spot in the MFM since I rarely am given starting spots in games. I voted for the voodoo game because I was messaged that they would give me a spot. I think that is fair.

Fragos
September 29th, 2013, 03:30 AM
You just pointed out the fact that they messaged you and that you voted then exactly because they messaged you.

Raptorblaze, is it ok to give an infraction to powerofdeath?

Hypersniper
September 29th, 2013, 03:32 AM
lol dont he justs want to win he has not broke rules just bribe people and you will get votes

BTW i wasent bribed i just love cult

Hypersniper
September 29th, 2013, 03:34 AM
but eliza you should vote on the one u like not cause he bribed u

eliZa
You just pointed out the fact that they messaged you and that you voted then exactly because they messaged you.

Yes. I rarely get starting spots in games but at least the MFM Voodoo hosts said I can get a spot in their message to me.

eliZa
but eliza you should vote on the one u like not cause he bribed u

I like the one I will be able to play the best.

Fragos
September 29th, 2013, 03:37 AM
The problem is the everyone else promised the same thing in this topic, yet Voodoo received a vote because they reached to you first via PM.

ypmagic
September 29th, 2013, 03:38 AM
i vote for voodoo cause i like cult games
i got no stupid pm

You know what PoD said in my FM? He said that long cult games were gay and that he was going to lurk for the rest of the game. look at him now, begging for votes for his long cult game.

Hypersniper
September 29th, 2013, 03:40 AM
if it near end of poll i will change vote to highest

ypmagic
September 29th, 2013, 03:42 AM
since my FM has no chance of winning because of his biased campaign, i'm switching to some other FM that actually has a chance of overpassing it later on.

Nick
September 29th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Someone requested politely. So they got my vote.

Hypersniper
September 29th, 2013, 03:49 AM
who requested you

Nick
September 29th, 2013, 03:53 AM
who requested you
The game I voted.

Fragos
September 29th, 2013, 03:53 AM
Of cource it was probably powerofdeath. Nick has just voted for M-FM Voodoo.

Muso
September 29th, 2013, 04:19 AM
They're just doing what they can to win which is fair enough, but it would be nice to level the playing field for the other hosts.

Cryptonic
September 29th, 2013, 07:16 AM

it's not against the rules to ask players to vote for you

Cryptonic
September 29th, 2013, 07:18 AM
They're just doing what they can to win which is fair enough, but it would be nice to level the playing field for the other hosts.

The playing field is level. Other hosts can ask people to sign up and can offer guaranteed slots.
It's day 2, the poll flip flops so much that 1 day in is really not a good view on who is going to win.

Once everyone has voted, people will start changing their votes to games that have a chance of winning. People also like to vote for the underdog, so we will really have to wait and see how this turns out.

Also, it's not against any rules to ask people to vote for your game. If a simple question made another person vote for your game, why can't a little convincing cause them to change their vote to your game. If you're offering the same bonus, and can convince them your setup will be more fun (without revealing any info not shown in setup thread), there is no reason why this can't be done. I mean, you should all be masters at convincing, this is Mafia. No one has an advantage.

That being said, I have been considering a second M-FM due to last M-FM's large player base. If I get 55+ non-smurf votes, I will talk to Bork for his opinion, and then approach COM if his response is positive. No promises.

Dagaen
September 29th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Also, it's not against any rules to ask people to vote for your game. If a simple question made another person vote for your game, why can't a little convincing cause them to change their vote to your game.

I think games would be more...fun if there was such a rule:P

Fragos, perhaps you can promise some guaranteed spots? I want you to win and not because I want to have a spot;p

Cryptonic
September 29th, 2013, 07:42 AM
I think games would be more...fun if there was such a rule:P

Fragos, perhaps you can promise some guaranteed spots? I want you to win and not because I want to have a spot;p

He already has promised guaranteed spots.
Also, selling your game to potential players is an action that ALL hosts can participate in.

That's like saying politicians aren't allowed to go door to door and talk to you about why you should vote for them because a few politicians don't want to do that.

Most people won't keep their vote down just because "someone asked nicely". Most Mafia players on this site will listen to basic logic.

AppleyNO
September 29th, 2013, 08:00 AM
:O A lot of newer players have voted for Voodoo.

Thank you Muso <3 Love you too.

Dagaen
September 29th, 2013, 08:13 AM
That's like saying politicians aren't allowed to go door to door and talk to you about why you should vote for them because a few politicians don't want to do that.

Well, if politicians were more concerned about keeping their promises and less about their self-promotion the world would be better:P

I would like to see a rule that prevents hosts from promising guaranteed spots in the future: that way voting wouldn't be another game in which you try to increase your odds of getting into any FM by trying to vote with majority. Instead we could concentrate on choosing the best FM of them all. But enough of this off-topic:P

Orpz
September 29th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I can see Voodoo getting over 20 spots and then not being able to fulfill its promise to everyone :x

AppleyNO
September 29th, 2013, 08:30 AM
I can see Voodoo getting over 20 spots and then not being able to fulfill its promise to everyone :x
I do find it interesting that a set-up with 2 cults (with one starting member) is the, by far, most popular setup.

Orpz
September 29th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I do find it interesting that a set-up with 2 cults (with one starting member) is the, by far, most popular setup.

Could be because guaranteed spots will fill up the sign up lists fast judging by the trend of votes. >> that's why I (temp) placed my vote on it.
I think poll results should be hidden.

AppleyNO
September 29th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Could be because guaranteed spots will fill up the sign up lists fast judging by the trend of votes. >> that's why I (temp) placed my vote on it.
I think poll results should be hidden.
Smurfs would be abused.

I was the first one to say it, so that can't be the only reason :P

Damus_Graves
September 29th, 2013, 09:35 AM

This insinuates that you are a staff member. But in any case it may be in poor taste but it isn't against the rules. I would expect Rap to say No infractions here.

You know what PoD said in my FM? He said that long cult games were gay and that he was going to lurk for the rest of the game. look at him now, begging for votes for his long cult game.

Tick tick. Don't be rude.

Smurfs would be abused.

I was the first one to say it, so that can't be the only reason :P

Lol

Slaol
September 29th, 2013, 09:50 AM
I enjoy that the game that is winning has 3 Citizens.

Cryptonic
September 29th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Yea, whatcha guys gonna do if you get 20+ signs?!?!?!

Slaol
September 29th, 2013, 10:01 AM
New attack plan. Just before the poll concludes, everyone jump to the winner so they are forced to not honor their promise :D

Nick
September 29th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Yea, whatcha guys gonna do if you get 20+ signs?!?!?!

L-FM

Gerik
September 29th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I don't like the idea that people are asking for votes for their games. I think it leads us in a direction where MFM polls become like picking a homecoming queen and all the hosts just start campaigning and annoying the crap out of everyone to get votes.

I'd rather not go through all that and just have each setup speak for itself. There are a lot of good setups on display here. Instead of people voting just because someone asked them to, players should read all of them and choose the one they like best. The purpose of the poll is supposed to be to determine which game everyone most wants to play, not which one campaigns the most. If people just vote based on who asked them first, it defeats the whole point of the poll. I also don't think people should be allowed to vote if they don't intend to play, but I'm not sure how that would be enforced.

Slaol
September 29th, 2013, 10:15 AM
People already will be getting punished if they vote for a winner and do not partake. Voting for a loser and not playing is not punished, but voting for a winner and not playing the game has a negative score to a value that Borkbot is tracking. This value will determine if you are allowed to vote/play in games in the future.

IF YOU ARENT GOING TO PLAY THE GAME, DONT VOTE FOR IT!! IF YOU DO VOTE!! PLAY THE GAME!!

Cryptonic
September 29th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I don't like the idea that people are asking for votes for their games. I think it leads us in a direction where MFM polls become like pick a homecoming queen and all the hosts just start campaigning and annoying the crap out of everyone to get votes.

I'd rather not go through all that and just have each setup speak for itself. There are a lot of good setups on display here. Instead of people voting just because someone asked them to, players should read all of them and choose the one they like best. The purpose of the poll is supposed to be to determine which game everyone most wants to play, not which one campaigns the most. If people just vote based on who asked them first, it defeats the whole point of the poll. I also don't think people should be allowed to vote if they don't intend to play, but I'm not sure how that would be enforced.

People don't even read S-FM setups, sadly.

Cryptonic
September 29th, 2013, 10:34 AM
People already will be getting punished if they vote for a winner and do not partake. Voting for a loser and not playing is not punished, but voting for a winner and not playing the game has a negative score to a value that Borkbot is tracking. This value will determine if you are allowed to vote/play in games in the future.

IF YOU ARENT GOING TO PLAY THE GAME, DONT VOTE FOR IT!! IF YOU DO VOTE!! PLAY THE GAME!!

this :)

Nick
September 29th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Setups that people like to play might not be the best setups (balanced, unique, flavor, etc.)

That's democracy - picking a homecoming queen...

deathworlds
September 29th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I never got a PM from PoD. Also thank you crypt for this!

"Most people won't keep their vote down just because "someone asked nicely". Most Mafia players on this site will listen to basic logic."

Would quote it but I'm lazy.

madbird20
September 29th, 2013, 10:50 AM
There are so many good choices D: Avatar looks amazing with the cult-esque Freedom Fighters/Aang and evolving win conditions, Gates to Infinity looks fun too, Tarot has a very intriguing special mechanic, and Voodoo, of course, is a Cult game(my personal favorite). I'm torn between voting for Avatar and Tarot. I might vote Voodoo, but I very much dislike being personally bribed. It feels very under-the-table, even if everyone else is offering the same promise.

Cryptonic
September 29th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Added to OP positive things people have said about the games.

Gerik
September 29th, 2013, 11:18 AM

Was this implemented in the last poll? And if so, are these scores public? Do the players who can't vote/play (if any) know that they can't vote/play?

AppleyNO
September 29th, 2013, 11:20 AM
This is so American. The smaller parties will have to strategically vote... Between a not balanced 2 cult game and a game were the guy just hosted.

.-.

Cryptonic
September 29th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Was this implemented in the last poll? And if so, are these scores public? Do the players who can't vote/play (if any) know that they can't vote/play?

Yea, implemented last poll, and the scores aren't public.
Players have not been informed.

Nick
September 29th, 2013, 11:22 AM
A bit of hype/competition is good. Too much is bad.

If there are nearly 40 people voting, why not make it two M-FMs? Or four M-FMs?

Nick
September 29th, 2013, 11:24 AM
This is so American. The smaller parties will have to strategically vote... Between a not balanced 2 cult game and a game were the guy just hosted.

.-.
3-sided cult and who/which was just hosted?

CmG
September 29th, 2013, 11:27 AM
A bit of hype/competition is good. Too much is bad.

If there are nearly 40 people voting, why not make it two M-FMs? Or four M-FMs?

Because only half of them are going to play.

Nick
September 29th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Because only half of them are going to play.

In that case having 8 M-FMs here is retarded. Supply > demand.

AppleyNO
September 29th, 2013, 11:47 AM
3-sided cult and who/which was just hosted?
Slaol just finished hosting FM 19, remember? XD

Kusco
September 29th, 2013, 12:04 PM

You are too fucking paranoid. I voted voodoo because I like the setup. The PM annoyed me because I already voted for the game when I got the message. Stop being the man-child you are.

AppleyNO
September 29th, 2013, 12:08 PM
You are too fucking paranoid. I voted voodoo because I like the setup. The PM annoyed me because I already voted for the game when I got the message. Stop being the man-child you are.
Ouch.

We have already received reports about insults in this thread, so everyone please tone down your passions.

Verbal warning given, don't continue please.

Slaol
September 29th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Added to OP positive things people have said about the games.

Could we bother you for a Judge Rundown of each setup?

ika
September 29th, 2013, 07:05 PM
ok well i never got to "advertise" mine, personally i didnt really wanted to, i wanted to have this be nice and clean without advertising but it seems like i must also pull it out, i was hoping mine to just be voted and lets some of my surpizes be seen when it did but i guess i will have to leak some of the things i am doing.

i have on a word document, nearly 4 pages of opening rp. (who doesnt love a good rp)
As the rest do voting mine gives spot.
i have made some games for the resrves/deads so players have something to do not only while watching but can disucss it
my setup has some neat mecanics and make it truly unique
I am also planning on making this interactive with host and players by allowing the PLAYERS (yes the players, reserves and observers) to make rp as well, i will be making rp but i am encouraging all the players (playing and not) to make some rp or ideas or anything!

Depending how it goes i might reveal some more ;)

Muso
September 30th, 2013, 12:42 AM
This is turning into a 2 horse race.

I am going to throw my lot in with preference no.2 to push her over the line.

Dagaen
September 30th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Lol, I am the only one who votes for Gate to Infinity...Even Fragos betrayed his own FM.

Public voting and guaranteed spots definitely help us choose best FM;]

sc2reboot
September 30th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Hmm, I did receive a pm from pod, but I voted Voodoo days before the pm.

I did glance at the setups, but really just liked the theme. So Voodoo it is for me.

sc2reboot
September 30th, 2013, 03:52 AM
Besides, if POD was willing to take the time to pm me as a new player and I hadn't voted yet, I probably would have strongly considered voting his anyways.

Cryptonic
September 30th, 2013, 05:35 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT!

If more votes (enough players for 2 games and 2 reserves) are placed, a second M-FM will be run.

ypmagic
September 30th, 2013, 05:48 AM
take the votes off of voodoo now and just vote for the mythical fm xD

WHITE BOY SLIM AYO
September 30th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Well since everyone's pulling their votes, I'm just going to vote Appley's setup to fill the gap and because he's a nice guy.

Sen
September 30th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I would love some Avatar + Tarot.

powerofdeath
September 30th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Yp, please be friendly and nice. This is a friendly competition and I dont want everyone to start saying rude stuff about other MFMs

Slaol
September 30th, 2013, 08:54 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT!

What are the rules as far as signing for both?
Must you /sign for one and /reserve for another?

madbird20
September 30th, 2013, 08:57 AM
I would love some Avatar + Tarot.

After going over the set-ups a second time, I definitely wanna see Avatar. Then after that either Tarot or Voodoo. Both look like they'd be a lot of fun, and I reaaally hope we can get 2 M-FMs going :D I think it'd be cool

Slaol... You're creeping me out man. I was about to ask the same question when I saw your post

Cryptonic
September 30th, 2013, 09:00 AM
What are the rules as far as signing for both?
Must you /sign for one and /reserve for another?

Yes, we would prefer if you weren't a player in both M-FMs, which is why this will only take place if there are enough potential players.
This also gives everyone a chance to get into a game instead of the same 25 people playing 2 games.

Gerik
September 30th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Yes, we would prefer if you weren't a player in both M-FMs, which is why this will only take place if there are enough potential players.
This also gives everyone a chance to get into a game instead of the same 25 people playing 2 games.

Are hosts of one game allowed to /sign for the other? I'm not sure that I'd want to do so if I host, just wondering if it would be allowed.

Also, an announcement for Avatar fans:

Guaranteed spots from votes will be first come first serve. Since Slaol and I voted for our setup and obviously will not sign for it, this means there are two spots left for people who vote for us. After the first 20, anyone else who votes will be a reserve, and will get priority to join the game should another voter not sign or if anyone needs to be replaced during the game. If anyone who votes does not manage to get into the game, they will be given a "voucher", if you will, of a priority sign for any other game hosted by me or Slaol (haven't actually discussed this with him, but I'm sure he'll do it. lol).

Cryptonic
September 30th, 2013, 10:53 AM
No, M-FM hosts cannot participate in games while hosting. It'd be best to have nothing interrupt one's hosting.

Slaol
September 30th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Anyone that reserves and doesn't get in is banned permanently from my games. (Read: yea, what Gerik said)

powerofdeath
September 30th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Hello, since Avatar is in the lead, I am hoping that we can still get enough votes for the second MFM.
Whoever signed for the Avatar did not get a slot is more than welcomed to sign for our MFM!

Slaol
September 30th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Hello, since Avatar is in the lead, I am hoping that we can still get enough votes for the second MFM.
Whoever signed for the Avatar did not get a slot is more than welcomed to sign for our MFM!

The hosts of Avatar as well encourage people to vote for Voodoo if they support it. The more total votes the better.

Dagaen
September 30th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I'm so disappointed in Fragos:( Ika at least stands his ground.

Fragos
September 30th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Dagaen, you don't need to worry about me. I have patience over things like this. You know, I already hosted several M-FM and FM XVII, so a break from hosting won't hurt me now. That does not mean I'm giving up, though. There will be another poll in the next few months, and by that time I will be ready.

Until then, I will be an active FM player. Of course I will participate in Avatar, because it's my second favorite choice.

Dagaen
September 30th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I'm not worried, I'm just disappointed. This voting system is flawed - if you see that host votes FM that is not his own you know something is wrong.

My vote will stand as a single voice of protest against selling votes for guaranteed spots. Let's call it spotselling because it's catchy:P

Cryptonic
September 30th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I'm not worried, I'm just disappointed. This voting system is flawed - if you see that host votes FM that is not his own you know something is wrong.

My vote will stand as a single voice of protest against selling votes for guaranteed spots. Let's call it spotselling because it's catchy:P

How would one better the voting system? Hiding people who voted so that Hosts can't give guaranteed spots prevents opens the poll up to be overcome w/ smurfs. And just saying hosts can't give confirmed spots still allows Hosts to "random" (wink wink nudge nudge) their players.

Dagaen
September 30th, 2013, 02:58 PM
How would one better the voting system? Hiding people who voted so that Hosts can't give guaranteed spots prevents opens the poll up to be overcome w/ smurfs. And just saying hosts can't give confirmed spots still allows Hosts to "random" (wink wink nudge nudge) their players.

But if Hosts will somehow "random" all the people who voted for them it will be very visible. So to get sneaky they won't give the spot to everybody. Even if 50% of the voters would get into such FM it would be enough to discourage such blind bandwagoning.

Btw, mods have no option to hide the results from non-mod players? You can always ignore the votes from people below certain amount of posts or maybe from guys who never played in any FM.

Cryptonic
September 30th, 2013, 03:57 PM
But if Hosts will somehow "random" all the people who voted for them it will be very visible. So to get sneaky they won't give the spot to everybody. Even if 50% of the voters would get into such FM it would be enough to discourage such blind bandwagoning.

Btw, mods have no option to hide the results from non-mod players? You can always ignore the votes from people below certain amount of posts or maybe from guys who never played in any FM.

only higher ranked smod (or above) can see private poll results.
Luna used to be able to see who the players were, but Bork and I can't do that anymore.

Gerik
September 30th, 2013, 04:03 PM

I don't think such options (ignoring votes from people based on certain criteria) currently exist on the site. Oops might be able to code those things in, but there's really not much to be gained from doing so, since seeing who in particular voted for a setup isn't what causes people to switch. If anything, people change their vote based on the number of votes, not the names of the voters. It might be possible to get an option to hide the vote totals, though. Which could change the way MFM polls run. That is, assuming Oops would be willing to code it.

But honestly, I don't think "spotselling" actually changes the way people vote, at least initially. Since all hosts/setups do it, it doesn't make any one setup more attractive to voters than the other setups. The only downside to "spotselling" is that once a setup starts to break away from the others and gain a significant lead in the polls, people who voted for setups with fewer votes will sometimes switch their vote to the setup with more votes in order to ensure they can still play.

However in this poll, any negative impact resulting from that will be mitigated by the fact that two setups can win. So voters are not necessarily risking playing the game by voting for a setup other than the one that's winning, because they might be voting for the one in second place, which means they still might get to play in the setup they most wanted to play to begin with.

Plus, if the one they vote for doesn't get second place, they should still be able to sign in at least one of the winning MFMs. As things stand now, if Voodoo maintains its current vote total, 7 more people will be able to sign for it when the poll ends, and a few more people can be on reserve in case replacements are needed.

Fragos
October 1st, 2013, 12:08 AM
I'll remember that staunch vote of yours, Dagaen. Truly, you gave me a source of inspiration.

Because the tide is already shifing in favor of Avatar, I'm going to return my vote to where it belongs, and propose everyone to vote Gates in Infinity as the next M-FM after Avatar!

I'm going to forgive those people who voted for Voodoo and promise a game spot for everyone - even including people that voted Avatar, but did not get in. I'm that generous enough. 8)

Yeah, I'm seriosly going to compete for second place with other setups, so don't be surpised when votes start shifting back and forth!

Fragos
October 1st, 2013, 12:22 AM
That's right guys, there are still 12 days before the poll closes off! You don't need to rush your votes to the first-place winner who already won.

Give Gates to Infinity another chance. Prove yourself that you can show off a good teamwork! The Gates to Infinity is a team game, after all. There are five factions, but only up to two of then can win this battle. Will the Town follow Enforcer team's ideals, or accept the truth and side with Rebels? Give it a good look!

sc2reboot
October 1st, 2013, 04:10 AM
Personally, I like the Olympian setup as well. My vote stays on Voodoo though, I will sign up for the next FM whatever it may be, not sure why people would sheep to a poll majority just to get a reserve spot though.

Helz
October 1st, 2013, 06:17 AM
How could I not vote for gladiator arena when I own the strong player community for that game?

Blazer
October 1st, 2013, 10:06 AM
I don't see a problem with the poll at all. I think hiding the votes is pointless. A host can play favorites in any shape or form and they will get in the game who they want in the game, regardless. That's the power of a host. The benefit of revealing the votes allows hosts to ask those who didn't vote for them what they found lacking.

This makes me think that you would restrict who the host would allow to play or force the host to allow certain people to play. That's not how the game works. The host makes the game, the rules, and the pool of players. The host can not be held at fault for who they allow to play their own game.

Just my input on the drama ^.^

Apocist
October 2nd, 2013, 07:37 AM
Apo originally was not planning on playing an M-FM, but now is getting intrigued.

Blazer
October 2nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
Apo originally was not planning on playing an M-FM, but now is getting intrigued.

Indeed. I am intrigued as well. Hope to see you out there ;D

Slaol
October 4th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Can judges confirm the status of the 2nd M-FM?

Not the winner, just if they are comfortable with the votes.
Please note that many active players also didn't vote. Bunny for example. The votes do not make up 100% of the people that will be playing, I'm sure.

Cryptonic
October 4th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Currently, I think we will be running the 2 M-FMs. Although there are a few people up there who are not members of the FM community, I feel comfortable that we will have enough players, especially if players who die in the first game will be reserves in the second game.

Cryptonic
October 11th, 2013, 05:03 AM
One day left to get your votes in~!
Poll ends tomorrow.

Cryptonic
October 12th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Congratulations Slaol & Gerik for winning M-FM XIX with M-FM: Avatar- the Last Air Bender: Book One! Almost a majority!
You may post your signups whenever you are ready, and start your game.

If we have enough players, M-FM XX will run as M-FM: Voodoo, by 42shadow42 and powerofdeath.
Signups for this game may also open at any time, but it will start after M-FM XIX is well on its way.

A reminder to players: You may only be alive in one M-FM at any time! If you die early in M-FM XIX, I recommend signing or reserving for M-FM XX.