PDA

View Full Version : Night 3

Gladys
September 24th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Well it's night 3. One of us is dead, one of them is dead. Janet is on the line. It's not shaping up too well.

Gladys
September 24th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Jerry/Janet you are both on the fine line of death. As I had stated on the previous night, the town had bigger fish to fry. YOU TWO need to be VERY CAREFUL on what you are saying. Janet, I am assured that you will die. Jerry, I'd suggest triple-checking your posts before posting. You're all an inch away from dying.

I've had the absurd luck to be "cleared" by the detective. My suspicions were right of an investigative type ability, but it wasn't the investigator himself. The Coroner knows that I exists. I'd suggest that AMBER is the coroner, and not the investigator. She seems adamant that there is a Grave Robber.

Speak softly and carry a big stick. You're going to have to talk your way smoothly through the rest of the game in order to survive. Creating arguments amongst the town is no longer a viable means to reach our goal.

Don't lay entirely low, though. Transition your way into it. If you've already noticed, the talkers are the ones that are dying. Slink back into the shadows. It may already be too late, though.

Note: I do not have an ability, I was blocked. Getting an ability is going to be hard, as the Coroner seems to understand my method of thinking. He's probably onto me. Also: The investigator will probably investigate me, due to my voting for Olga. It's all going to be very tough now.

Janet
September 24th, 2011, 08:51 PM
I don't think the invest will check you in particular. What I would be more worried about is the masons or revolutionaries seeing you as a citizen with no night action and trying to recruit you. Masons would give you away right off the bat if they put it in their will and there were more than one of them. With four cit deaths though perhaps we can luck out on that. If you die though we are pretty much f'd as a faction.

I'm used to playing citizen so scum is a weird feeling for me. I'm annoyed that of all the role Theo claimed he claimed bus driver with so few bus driven claims. I felt somewhat confident that one of them was arson. Particularly with no one backing either of them up for such a long time. Velma is very much looking like a bus driver and Yolanda... afk. At least the fiasco caused another mislynch. Also, Amber looks like me trying to off the opposing mafia.

With all this chaos I don't think town will win and I suspect the game will go into a mexican stand off where you will be very important if you have saved a good ability Gladys. I think you are the most likely to survive. Who knows for certain, Jerry might actually slip under the radar. I think it should be possible for him. I for one am utterly doomed at some point in the future. The main question is how much information can I get you before I go down.

Yes with two vigis, a bus driver, seemingly another medic if Patrick was telling the truth about the mafia hit (hopefully no one believes him) that is every single random town power role accounted for except one. The last random town power should know for sure me or Amber is scum if they count the roles. If one more gets revealed tonight I will be vig shot for sure, if I'm not shot tonight. A consig hopefully isn't important enough to be worth a lynch with the soul of the beast on the way. Also hopefully the vigis are looking for the soul rather than mafia at this point. At least their day shots are gone, they seem to know what is up and will be a very big threat if they make it to end game with a shot.

Just don't associate with me at all in day chat.

Janet
September 24th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Alright so for tomorrow. If I am going to get lynched and don't want the town to know what I found out I will do this before the hammer comes down.

I will put a letter in the middle of a word in caps. That letter will correspond with one of the investigation results from the list in day 1.

There were thirteen. A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M. These letters will correspond to the numerical order of the result list from the top down. So JaDe for your target possesses a variety of weapons, D being the message letter.

N will be for I was witched. After the N at some point I will mention what the result was.

O if I get blocked.

P if I get jailed.

This will not be in violation of the rules would it Elixir?

Elixir
September 24th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Nope. It's plainly visible. You're fine to use that.

Gladys
September 24th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I've been very good at not associating with all of you the entire game. You will find that what I say and what I speculate on differs from your opinion in a specific way. I try to touch on things and focus on things that you are not. My posts, for the most part, have been entirely on neutral ground. I'm trying to keep the focus away from me.

Anywho, as I've already failed my secondary objective, I need to figure out WHICH role the coroner would most likely not block. Me obtaining this ability seems to be of the utmost importance. The janitor's ability is useless. I will not attempt to take that. The stripper's job was blocked last night. That leaves me with the stripper, Lucy Kuo (Consort..same thing) and the medic. I'm almost assured that the medic will be blocked tonight, as Patrick had stated something about healing. I'm sure the coroner will expect me to go after the medic's ability. Instead, I will again target the Stripper. It's not likely that the coroner will block the same target twice. A stripper's ability will be extremely useful if I am to make it to the end-game.

As for who to kill: The town will focus on the ones arguing, as that's been their formula for finding mafia. They aren't focusing on the beast, nor are they focusing on the neutrals. We need to kill those that will harm us in order to survive. We can do nothing about the beast without killing ourselves. I believe that the beast is Olga.

I suspect Elizabeth for being something severely against us. She's read Faye and Jerry correctly. I'm assuming she's also correct about Delores. It's almost a must to take her out, before the town takes her seriously. My hunches have been pretty straightforward, and in this case she scares me.

Note: Jerry hasn't logged in since the night started, so we will wait to see who we send to kill. I suggest going for Elizabeth, but that's just my opinion.

I understand your key, but i suggest using a Caesarian shift. In the likelihood that someone does find your key as you will flip Consigliere after death, you should push your letters back by a set increment. In other words A does not = 1. A should be 2, C should be 3, etc. When you get to the last number possible, the next letter becomes 1. This way, if someone happens to stumble upon the code, it will be obscured, and they may find the incorrect results.

A=2, B=3, C=4, D=5, E=6, F=7, G=8, H=9, I=10, J=11, K=12, L=13, M =1

The same letters will be used, but they will be shifted by 1 number, obfuscating the results to the clever townies. N O and P could stay the same.

I know I've typed a lot but I feel I've had quite the message to convey to you two. I hope this helps. By the way I am fred if you couldn't figure that much out.

Janet
September 24th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Alright cool. Hopefully I don't get vigged tonight so I can break 100 post count at any rate.

So who should we try to kill?

I think the town is weakened but some of them are quite dangerous to us.

The sheriff could tell me and amber apart. He will most likely go for one of the investigative roles tonight, and then immediately know the role of the other. It would be pretty tempting if I were him.

The vigilantes have a lot of killing power though. Most likely they will try to lurk around after going down to one shot. One of them already is thankfully. The other might try to save or use his second now. If we could pin down who might be a vig by who was active or posting at various times of the day then we could prevent a kill if that was desired. Then again, keeping the vigis alive might be needed for when the soul of the beast is knocking. Perhaps they will try to kill people who don't look mafia to try and get him. So I would say don't try to interfere with them for the moment.

The mayor is concerning but for lynches he may have bigger things to deal with like the vigis.

Armorsmith, bus driver, and possibly medic. Velma, the unknown smith and possibly the medic are the towns only means of protection. Hopefully they will get culted and die when someone shoots the cult leader. What do we think of Nina? Possible armorsmith or just joking with the moving things line?

Gladys
September 24th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Allow me a chance to look back at nina's posts. I must say I have tunnel vision when it comes to forum mafia. I focus on particular people when their posts spark something in me. I'm going to analyze her posts and let you know what I think.

Janet
September 24th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Alright I'll do that with the code if I have to send it.

Elizabeth is interesting. The avatar claim to revolutionary along with the assertion that rebels revert to citizens and other such nonsense does seem to obvious to be revolutionary. She is claiming some sort of scum and at the same time saying that scum isn't a threat. It does seem like a way to avoid getting shot by the mafia and ignored by the town.

Then again, she could have been ASKING to be recruited. Perhaps a mason trying to draw any possibly revolutionary out? I don't think there is a veteran so mason probably makes the most sense. Unless she is a citizen honestly trying to get recruited away from the town, which would be against her objective but oh well.

Who do you think might be the sheriff?

Gladys
September 24th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Nina seems to be batting away the idea that she is not mafia. She's in no way trying to make it look like she is town, in the process. To me it feels as if she is a Neutral role of sorts. It seems like the classic "I'm telling you im NOT mafia" approach. Almost always lands neutral.

Brian appears to be a Sheriff candidate to me. It almost seems as if he's piecing things together without something to back it up. That..or he's been hiding his notes pretty well.

Janet
September 24th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Brian then would be culted?

Janet
September 24th, 2011, 09:53 PM
If Brian is the sheriff perhaps then we shouldn't kill him? Amber is the invest so it would appear that Brian is culted but not the leader. Perhaps the masons will check him and end up killing him for us.

Or perhaps... perhaps with citizens and dying off and not providing good cover he will feed information to the cult leader as long as he is alive. In which case we could get infiltrated. A lot of things to think about there.

Janet
September 24th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Or he could just be a legit mason and that is why he seems to have more information than he should. He claimed town power to make it look like he wasn't a threat to the cult or a godfather.

Gladys
September 24th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I would suggest attacking the Neutrals at this point. They WILL start making their moves tonight, with the numbers starting to dwindle. Nina could possibly make a good candidate as such.

It's possible that Elizabeth is a cult leader, hiding in plain sight. I still want us to kill Elizabeth. As for whether we send Jerry or not, I'm still waiting to see him show up.

Gladys
September 24th, 2011, 10:59 PM
I'll just leave this here...

-Vote kill Elizabeth SEND Jerry

-rob Yvette

I am not going to let anyone stop me from doing my night action as I also believe that it is essential for me to grab the ability to block.

Gladys
September 24th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Errr the body was already taken, sorry about that. I guess i'll just have to rethink that one

(Do not rob Yvette)

Had forgotten about this mechanic :O

Gladys
September 24th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Actually...that's a question I have to put up for you Elixir. Is it possible to still rob Yvette? (I'm assuming Yvette would be placed back in the grave, but I'm not sure of how this works as it's not posted in the role cards, etc. It was an unsuccessful robbing)

Elixir
September 24th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Yes you can repeat rob the same person.

Janet
September 24th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Random thought, going to bed soon so I won't fully process it: There is a good chance the coroner voted against Faye or was considering doing so because of the accusation against Faye of being a graverobber. I say this because the coroner would have just discovered that there was in fact a graverobber, correct?

Gladys
September 24th, 2011, 11:32 PM
That is correct. I would also assume that the coroner voted against faye for that reason. At this point I only see the coroner as a threat to me. Unless this coroner can somehow manage to out think me in my attempt to rob the same grave, I don't see the coroner as that much of a threat. The most the coroner could do is clear himself. Even blurting out about it could cause suspicion on the coroner.

Gladys
September 24th, 2011, 11:33 PM
btw -rob Yvette

My robbing of Yvette stands.

Jerry
September 25th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Killing Elisabeth seems like a good idea, but it might also somehow make her readings on us solid, town might think that mafia wont kill someone who is completely wrong in his thinking of who is mafia, and if delores is indeed also mafia elisabeth might end up double killed

other persons i see on the town side are emerald or even alan

Janet
September 25th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Right, well for the second time then I will Investigate Sonya.

Unless any of you have special requests.

Gladys
September 25th, 2011, 07:48 AM
You're the godfather, jerry, it's up to you to have the final say. I'm sticking to what I believe.

Jerry
September 25th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Yes i am, but imho teambased decisions are a better way to go, so far i rather like to kill the busdriver instead, and if elisabeth ends up dead we know that delores is maf aswell

Jerry
September 25th, 2011, 09:13 AM
also we might descuss if we want to leave a deathnote now. we could even leave our n2 block cause patricks last will implies it was made day2

Gladys
September 25th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I have no qualms with whatever you decide. I have to go to work, so I probably won't be back for a while. You'll have to decide without me.

Janet
September 25th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I would not kill the bus driver if I were you. The bus driver has probably elected to drive themselves since they do not know whether or not a doctor is on them. If we shot Velma we might end up shooting ourselves or anyone. It would be a way to lose control of the shot very easily.

Janet
September 25th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I will agree with Gladys' opinion, and hope that the masons kill Brian tonight.

Vote to kill Elizabeth, send Jerry

The decision is still yours of course though Jerry. I would just highly recommend not the bus driver.

Elixir
September 25th, 2011, 03:58 PM
I don't want to influence your descision but the bus driver cannot drive themself.

Janet
September 25th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I will still leave my vote as is.

Gladys
September 25th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Well I'm back. I am asking you to please kill elizabeth.

Elixir
September 25th, 2011, 09:06 PM
2 votes for Jerry to Kill Elizabeth.
Janet investigating Sonya
Gladys robbing Yvette

What I have so far.