anarchist - neutral
see that nobody wins you are a sole killer trying to rid the world of order

Mugy
September 27th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Smuggler - Mafia/triad
basically a bus driver for the mafia

anarchist - neutral
see that nobody wins you are a sole killer trying to rid the world of order

A mafia bus driver would be very powerful in sc2mafia, allowing the mafia to bypass doctors too easily. That is why the beguiler can only divert actions targeting the beguiler itself and not someone else's.
I don't think it will be considered, nor do I think it's a good idea.

Anarchist:
Isn't that basically just a serial killer? And how is it supposed to win? Suicide after it has killed everyone? I don't think this is a good role.

Slaol
September 27th, 2013, 12:18 AM
I don't think it will be considered, nor do I think it's a good idea.

There are things we can do to make it more reasonable. I ran some ideas by Auckmid who is master of meta.

louiswill
September 27th, 2013, 07:27 AM
There are things we can do to make it more reasonable. I ran some ideas by Auckmid who is master of meta.

Then how about, make the mafia busdriver a two days gap between actions because they have no license?

or,

reveal their role at the beginning of the game? "some Illegal Cab business has appeared in the city..."

Squidypie
September 27th, 2013, 11:40 AM
How about a maf that switches other maf (upper limit is 3x, can only be used every other day)

Cryptonic
September 27th, 2013, 11:50 AM
make Mafia BD go in OoO after Doctor.

Slaol
September 27th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Before Doctor.

After Bus Driver.
Visible by Lookout.
After Vests are put on.
Options to prevent combination of the kill and the swapping per setup

Squidypie
September 27th, 2013, 02:15 PM
He shouldn't appear unless there's a GF

Cryptonic
October 1st, 2013, 09:29 AM
I still think a Mafia aligned BD that only swaps investigative results would have a place.

kyle1234513
October 1st, 2013, 11:20 AM
I still think a Mafia aligned BD that only swaps investigative results would have a place.

until the sheriff and detective die (or whichever town invests exist in the room), and then hes literally just a vote. it would have to have some default setting that is built in to make it somewhat desirable in all situations.

ie framer has detection immunity for an option.

louiswill
October 1st, 2013, 11:22 AM

Then it will not be able to function well if the only 2-3 town investigative players are terrible already or simply afk.

Such as framers, even people already empowered framer's result to all neutral evils, still hardly fool those real investigators.

I think limit its action times is still a better solution than limit its function against investigative roles.

WHITE BOY SLIM AYO
October 1st, 2013, 11:25 AM
This sounds wayyyy too strong. Maybe have a lot of constraints.

Cryptonic
October 2nd, 2013, 06:54 AM
until the sheriff and detective die (or whichever town invests exist in the room), and then hes literally just a vote. it would have to have some default setting that is built in to make it somewhat desirable in all situations.

ie framer has detection immunity for an option.

obv it would still give Bussed feedback, further confusing everyone..
But only swapping Investigative results prevents people from know it's not a real BD.

Helz
October 2nd, 2013, 07:20 AM
How did sloals post get ignored?

this 'concept' has a place but we need to take a hard look at the the options and meta. Can we all take a step back from this and start making practical, logical points?

lets not loose this good root to irrational trains of desire.
so:
Actions: why or why not
limitations: very necessary and should be our balancing factor
meta: with a combination of the above how will it help the game?

/discuss

louiswill
October 2nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
How did sloals post get ignored?

this 'concept' has a place but we need to take a hard look at the the options and meta. Can we all take a step back from this and start making practical, logical points?

lets not loose this good root to irrational trains of desire.
so:
Actions: why or why not
limitations: very necessary and should be our balancing factor
meta: with a combination of the above how will it help the game?

/discuss

Maybe start a new post instead? I think people get a slightly better chance discuss in development and research though. Here is just for casual discussion.