PDA

View Full Version : Spy

Squidypie
September 21st, 2013, 01:55 AM
With the government category + spy being town power he's popping up a lot.
Can we make him legitimately powerful?
If he can switch once at night (permanently) from spy to citizen that would be nice and in keeping with his role as someone who might have a heads up on what the maf plans

No offense to the spy but on average he's a heck of a lot weaker than a normal town invest, and the dude's a POWER!

Hypersniper
September 21st, 2013, 02:22 AM
+1 to this i hate spy now that they took away his pm check now he is popping up way too much last game i had 3 spys and a marshall in one game

cxx
September 21st, 2013, 09:18 AM
If he can switch to citizen once a night, he is basically a stronger citizen (still wins ties, but gets more information beforehand). No.

Tossangel
September 21st, 2013, 11:46 AM
I am all for bringing back the spy's hearing PM powers.

ika
September 21st, 2013, 12:18 PM
I am all for bringing back the spy's hearing PM powers.

the last thing we need is another confirmed town role. next thing you have is 3 confirmed spies

i would only be for pm back if it would be unique role then

TheDarkestLight
September 21st, 2013, 12:26 PM
the last thing we need is another confirmed town role. next thing you have is 3 confirmed spies

i would only be for pm back if it would be unique role then

Or add a scum role that can hear PMs... Like how Kidnapper was added to counter Jailor confirmability.

Slaol
September 21st, 2013, 12:27 PM
Spy is outrageously powerful. If you think he is weak you are playing the game entirely wrong and should honestly consider finding a different game.
In a single mafia game he will learn 2-3 players that are not mafia on any given night.
In a 2 mafia game he will learn 1-3 players that are not mafia, and are not triad EACH in a single night. This being up to 6 players he will get information on in ONE NIGHT.
Spy is about 3 nights from confirming every player in the game's alignment from the moment he rolls into the game.

Or add a scum role that can hear PMs... Like how Kidnapper was added to counter Jailor confirmability.

This.

ika
September 21st, 2013, 12:31 PM
Spy is outrageously powerful. If you think he is weak you are playing the game entirely wrong and should honestly consider finding a different game.
In a single mafia game he will learn 2-3 players that are not mafia on any given night.
In a 2 mafia game he will learn 1-3 players that are not mafia, and are not triad EACH in a single night. This being up to 6 players he will get information on in ONE NIGHT.
Spy is about 3 nights from confirming every player in the game's alignment from the moment he rolls into the game.

This.

If option to not see targets is on and mafia never talks spy is just like a citizen then....

or if maf knows they will troll out the ass saying "FAPFAPFAPFAP" (at least i do)

Slaol
September 21st, 2013, 12:33 PM
If option to not see targets is on and mafia never talks spy is just like a citizen then....

or if maf knows they will troll out the ass saying "FAPFAPFAPFAP" (at least i do)

Yes. Lets give Sheriff a bulletproof vest because if you turn off all his options he's just like a Citizen

Squidypie
September 22nd, 2013, 03:25 AM

This.

Alright, admittedly the SOTD save is what spurred this thought, but you can't reasonably justify classifying Spy as power unless he can see all targets.

1)In SOTD and the majority of saves spy can only see the kill target.
2) Spy is common enough now that mafia/triad assume that there probably is one in play, which tremendously weakens him.
3) Now that there are usually 2 Mafia factions the people that get visited still remain somewhat suspect.
4) Not a unique role

Giving Spy the power to throw away all of his vast spy powers and become a much maligned citizen doesn't really seem OP. particularly for a town power. (both roles are pretty unconfirmable, and the citizen claim will frequently get him lynched)