PDA

View Full Version : Welcome my minions: Night chat 7

Forum Mafia GM
September 16th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Your failures thus far displease me. I grant you the ability to discuss in secret from here on out. Do not disappoint me any further...

FM Illasera
September 16th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Well, we're fucked

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Hello, my name is FM Valygar and I am the Prophet. I apologize for converting both of you: in doing so, I likely lost you what otherwise would've been an easy game. Nevertheless, I do not regret it and I will continue trying to win until the bitter end.

I was actually fairly happy with my play (up until last night: my decision to shoot Branwen was, admittedly, a pretty big blunder and could've very well hammered the nail into the coffin for us), but things started going downhill very rapidly at Day 4. Make no mistake: although the Adventurers may emerge victorious this game, it is not by their own merits but by the gracious offerings of the Bhaalspawn who murdered 3 of my cultists that night and revealed themselves so that they might serve the Adventurers. Up until that point, the Adventurers could not even succeed in lynching Mazzy (who we were all bussing). The death of Minsc indirectly led to the deaths of Shar Teel and Keldorn and may soon result in my death. For that reason, I gladly chose to eliminate SaJana yesterday: her cowardice and conniving are a disgrace to Bhaal, and I refused to allow her to beg for her life any more.

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Well, we're fucked

Yes, we probably are.

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 06:13 PM
If I have any strategy at this point, it's to distance myself from you two as much as possible. I suggested Dynaheir as a possible target last night, and I was very quick to vote Tiax today, so I'm at least hoping to buy an extra day or two that way. This town is so incredibly anti-Harper: I'd like to propose an alliance with them via death note since their days are also numbered. On the off-chance that one of you is actually an assassin, I'd like to think about who Kivan heartwarded: we're gonna need the extra KPN if we're gonna have any shot at victory. I'd like to take control of Xan tonight and put him on someone like Aerie, then send Cernd or something to Aerie tomorrow night to get them both killed, but that is predicated on the unlikely chance that I actually happen to survive tomorrow.

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Your failures thus far displease me. I grant you the ability to discuss in secret from here on out. Do not disappoint me any further...

You never answered my PM questions :(

FM Illasera
September 16th, 2013, 06:20 PM
FM Dynaheir here. I'm also in for the long haul and ready to do whatever needs to be done. I was an assassin but Shar-Teel converted me to a graverobber. I currently have two charges each of the assassin and illusionist abilities. If Jan died an assassin, I can give up one more night to steal another two assassin charges. I trust your judgment over mine, Valygar, but I guess we need to know the final role to be sure what to do

FM Abazigal
September 16th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Tiax, I am a druid. Going to use my first of 4 vests tonight just in case.

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Tiax, I am a druid. Going to use my first of 4 vests tonight just in case.

Crap lol you weren't lying.... well then, I definitely want to push a lynch on Faldorn as the "Prophet" tomorrow (it should make you look good). Sadly, I'm pretty sure we're going to end up lynching Khalid, but even then you will have the power to survive.

I believe that Sarevok became an AT on night 1, so you (Dynaheir) would've been the other charge (on N4 I guess). For the record, Minsc was converted on N1, Keldorn on N2, Dynaheir on N3, and Tiax on N4: I failed on Xzar on N5 and I obviously didn't convert on N6 (which, although it made me look really bad and got the avenger working against us, at least "cleared" me of being the Prophet).

LOL SaJana's last will

FM Abazigal
September 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM
you could control monty tonight, if he douses it could force town to lynch him

FM Illasera
September 16th, 2013, 06:58 PM
My suggestion: control and kill yeslick. Imo the heartwarden put him with someone else with the thought that he'd heal both of them

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 07:00 PM
The Prophet: Valygar
Druid: Tiax
Graverobber: Dynaheir
Necromancer: Montaron
Evoker: Xan
Lunatic: Khalid
Druid: Faldorn
Bounty Hunter: Nalia
Harper Agent: Xzar
Explorer/Harper Alchemist
Explorer
Duke
Ranger: Aerie
Ritualist: Cernd
Cleric: Yeslick (questionable?)
Hidden Adventurer
Hidden Adventurer
Hidden Adventurer
Hidden Adventurer
Hidden Adventurer
Hidden Adventurer

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 07:01 PM
That is the role list as I understand it: can you please check it to see if I missed anything?

Also, the Yeslick plan actually sounds good: we definitely should be using Assassin charges right now, and that would be efficient.

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Actually guys, I have a better (but more risky) plan. If Xan is the Evoker and he did in fact cast fireballs at the listed houses, if I send Yeslick to one of those houses I can kill Yeslick and his Heartwarden buddy, make Xan look bad, and we can still use our Assassin kill on someone else (the person whose house is actually trapped will not die whether they visit someone or not since the Yeslick heal would protect them). The only problem is that there's a 2/5 chance of success. Honestly, I'm prepared to take that risk at this point since we kinda need something really good to happen.

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Cernd
Aerie
Xan
Montaron
Yeslick

That is his list: we can probably rule out Aerie since she probably visited Yeslick at some point.

FM Illasera
September 16th, 2013, 07:31 PM
The Prophet: Valygar
Druid: Tiax
Graverobber: Dynaheir
Necromancer: Montaron
Evoker: Xan
Lunatic: Khalid
Druid: Faldorn
Bounty Hunter: Nalia
Harper Agent: Xzar
Explorer/Harper Alchemist
Explorer
Duke
Ranger: Aerie
Ritualist: Cernd
Cleric: Yeslick (questionable?)
Hidden Adventurer
Hidden Adventurer
Hidden Adventurer
Hidden Adventurer
Hidden Adventurer
Hidden Adventurer

Heartwarder: Kivan
Explorer: Coran(?)

I was thinking the same thing about the evoker. It's risky if Yeslick is trapped though. Who should I kill then? We ought to keep Kivan alive obviously, perhaps Aerie? I can also confuse investigatives with busdriving though.

FM Illasera
September 16th, 2013, 08:00 PM
What about Nalia? If we're not confident about the Evoker plan we can manipulate her for a second kill, right?

Can a Bounty Hunter be manipulated into killing a target?

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 08:06 PM
What about Nalia? If we're not confident about the Evoker plan we can manipulate her for a second kill, right?

Can a Bounty Hunter be manipulated into killing a target?

No, the Bounty Hunter is conversion immune and conversion immune targets can't be manipulated.

lol I forgot about Kivan. If Yeslick is trapped, he's untouchable anyway so this whole plan will fail. However, I think that's a risk I'm willing to take.

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 08:08 PM
lol Dynaheir, you and I are a couple of sexy ladies.... and then there's Tiax.

FM Illasera
September 16th, 2013, 08:15 PM
No, the Bounty Hunter is conversion immune and conversion immune targets can't be manipulated.

lol I forgot about Kivan. If Yeslick is trapped, he's untouchable anyway so this whole plan will fail. However, I think that's a risk I'm willing to take.

In that case, Yeslick is unmanipulable as well :/

FM Illasera
September 16th, 2013, 08:15 PM
lol Dynaheir, you and I are a couple of sexy ladies.... and then there's Tiax.

Tiax is a sexy dragon-man!

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 08:19 PM
In that case, Yeslick is unmanipulable as well :/

Oh derp lol I forgot about that...

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 08:19 PM
In that case, I might just hope that Kivan has a trap on him and send someone his way so they both die.

FM Melissan
September 16th, 2013, 08:26 PM
My thinking is that Yeslick is invincible so long as Kivan is alive. In order to kill Yeslick, either:
A) We need Kivan to die, or
B) I need to make Montaron douse Yeslick

FM Abazigal
September 16th, 2013, 08:34 PM
My thinking is that Yeslick is invincible so long as Kivan is alive. In order to kill Yeslick, either:
A) We need Kivan to die, or
B) I need to make Montaron douse Yeslick

And with B we force town to kill Montaron

FM Abazigal
September 17th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Can the prophet make the necromancer burn is targets by forcing him to target himself?

FM Ferengi
September 17th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Can the prophet make the necromancer burn is targets by forcing him to target himself?
No, the necromancer would choose which primary action is used. A curse or a wail. A self target on a necromancer that was trying to curse someone would result in the necromancer cursing themselves.

However, the prophet could stop a necromancer from wailing by forcing them to target someone else, because wailing requires a self visit.

FM Melissan
September 17th, 2013, 10:55 AM
No, the necromancer would choose which primary action is used. A curse or a wail. A self target on a necromancer that was trying to curse someone would result in the necromancer cursing themselves.

However, the prophet could stop a necromancer from wailing by forcing them to target someone else, because wailing requires a self visit.

Based on that, I don't think that forcing the Necromancer to douse will accomplish much. He can douse as many people as he wants, but I can never make him finish the job and the second I'm not controlling him he can just begin undousing. To be honest, I'd like to ignore Montaron for now and focus more on whittling down the numbers of the Adventurers: maybe, just maybe, Montaron (or Xan?) would be willing to take my life and take my place as Cult Leader and we could still have a shot at this. Needless to say, I think the Harpers are screwed (the town doesn't even want to side with them) and I would still like to propose an alliance with them.

FM Illasera
September 17th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Based on that, I don't think that forcing the Necromancer to douse will accomplish much. He can douse as many people as he wants, but I can never make him finish the job and the second I'm not controlling him he can just begin undousing. To be honest, I'd like to ignore Montaron for now and focus more on whittling down the numbers of the Adventurers: maybe, just maybe, Montaron (or Xan?) would be willing to take my life and take my place as Cult Leader and we could still have a shot at this. Needless to say, I think the Harpers are screwed (the town doesn't even want to side with them) and I would still like to propose an alliance with them.

The alliance can't work, our death is part of the Harpers' win condition :/. It may even be in our interest to take out the agent soon, since there are already raised suspicions about Tiax and me. We can probably afford to wait a day or two before considering that though, since he'll probably be looking into you/Coran/Faldorn first.

FM Illasera
September 17th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Perhaps a truce until the Bhaalspawn are dead?

FM Melissan
September 17th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Perhaps a truce until the Bhaalspawn are dead?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I think we should send a death note with our kill that tells the Harpers we want a temporary truce and we won't get them if they don't get us (noting, of course, that our pro-Bhaalspawn town seems to want them to lose). As for actions tonight, I'm still thinking but we should make at least a preliminary decision soon.

FM Melissan
September 17th, 2013, 03:57 PM
It really sucks that we can only choose one type of ability to use at night: if we could use an Assassin charge AND an illusionist charge on the same night, getting Yeslick and his buddy would be easy.

FM Melissan
September 17th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Just some placeholder actions (probably will be changed):
-FM Dynaheir use Assassin charge, kill FM Kagain
-FM Valygar control Aerie, force target FM Cernd
-FM Tiax shapeshift

FM Melissan
September 18th, 2013, 02:45 AM
-FM Dynaheir leave death note

Bhaal awaits thee, Bhaal embraces thee, none escape Bhaal...

We are the faithful of Bhaal: we are few, but we are strong. We will not stand idly as the Adventurers parade themselves around, thinking they have won and thinking that it was of their own merit. We are willing to temporarily set aside our quarrels with the Harpers, whom the Adventurers have also alienated: we will allow them to deal with the Bhaalspawn if they allow us to go about our business. We are also willing to forgive the transgressions of Montaron against the Cult: he may atone for the blood of Minsc and Sarevok and regain our good graces by repurposing his talents against the Adventurers, his true enemy. We extend a welcome to Xan, who we hope will be a more powerful and less cowardly Bhaalspawn than the pitiful Jan whose final hours were spent begging to the Adventurers who she so foolishly sided with for her life. Finally, we ask Khalid to use his kills for his own enjoyment, not for the advancement of the undeserving Adventurers. We hope that Khalid will come to understand that he was destined to use his kills to restore balance in the game, not to appease the Adventurers.

Make no mistake Adventurers: your successes were not by your own merit, but by the gracious work of the Bhaalspawn. If they chose to do so, they could turn on you in an instant and remove you from this world faster than you can say "Grobnar". You would do well to show them some respect.

FM Melissan
September 18th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Minor alteration.

-FM Dynaheir leave death note

We are the faithful of Bhaal: we are few, but we are strong. We will not stand idly as the Adventurers parade themselves around, thinking they have won and thinking that it was of their own merit. We are willing to temporarily set aside our quarrels with the Harpers, whom the Adventurers have also alienated: we will allow them to deal with the Bhaalspawn if they allow us to go about our business. We are also willing to forgive the transgressions of Montaron against the Cult: he may atone for the blood of Minsc and Sarevok and regain our good graces by repurposing his talents against the Adventurers, his true enemy. We hope Montaron will be a more powerful and less cowardly Bhaalspawn than the pitiful Jan whose final hours were spent begging to the Adventurers who she so foolishly sided with for her life. Finally, we ask Khalid to use his kills for his own enjoyment, not for the advancement of the undeserving Adventurers. We hope that Khalid will come to understand that he was destined to use his kills to restore balance in the game, not to appease the Adventurers.

Make no mistake Adventurers: your successes were not by your own merit, but by the gracious work of the Bhaalspawn. If they chose to do so, they could turn on you in an instant and remove you from this world faster than you can say "Grobnar". You would do well to show them some respect.

The "confirmed non-cultists" are Aerie, Yeslick, Kivan, Xzar, Montaron, and Nalia: Aerie and Yeslick need to die quickly. As for the non-prophets, I sadly cannot hide for very much longer because the large number of replacements apparently dwindled down the possible prophets to those who weren't replaced: that kinda screws me over. Needless to say, leave the people who still could be prophets alive until the end if you can. After dealing with Aerie and Cernd, I'd like to start taking out people like Ajantis and Kagain who are aggressive replacements: they need to die if we are going to have any shot of wiggling out of lynches.

FM Illasera
September 18th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I would target Aerie over Kagain then. She's more visibly dangerous, and her death won't trigger much discussion over the motivation for killing her

FM Melissan
September 18th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I would target Aerie over Kagain then. She's more visibly dangerous, and her death won't trigger much discussion over the motivation for killing her

My only concern then is that she could be trapped, which would mean Dynaheir dies. However, I suppose that's a risk we might need to take:

-FM Dynaheir use Assassin charge, kill FM Aerie
-FM Valygar control FM Cernd, force target FM Kivan

FM Abazigal
September 18th, 2013, 04:12 PM
depending on how likely you think arie is trapped, you could just send yeslick to her

FM Melissan
September 18th, 2013, 04:24 PM
depending on how likely you think arie is trapped, you could just send yeslick to her

I couldn't send Yeslick because he is conversion/manipulation immune. Anyway, my actions are locked in so I just have to hope that Cernd isn't trapped (because I will die and he will escape), that Kivan IS trapped, and the BH doesn't get me.