PDA

View Full Version : Night 5

Forum Mafia GM
September 8th, 2013, 05:50 PM
My lovely was murdered this morning. Please take your romance somewhere else...

FM Fenthick
September 8th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Hi wtf iz this shiz

Im safana

FM Fenthick
September 8th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Wtf my avatar look soooo gay

FM Fenthick
September 8th, 2013, 05:54 PM
There we go, better avatar

FM Fenthick
September 8th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Bhaal/butler can you please dayshoot whoever gave me the other avatar?

FM Fenthick
September 8th, 2013, 06:03 PM
So 5 cult are dead, 4 maximum cults are alive, Jah is probably cult

FM Fenthick
September 8th, 2013, 06:04 PM
We have one more assassin left and the prophet

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Well bonjour sir/ma'am.

Apologies I need to catch up on the day thread, I'll be back once I've read through.

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Also what is this avatar umm ok

FM Fenthick
September 8th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Also what is this avatar umm ok

Mine was some gay bald guy with earing and necklace and weird smile praying

FM Fenthick
September 8th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Who are you?

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:20 PM
On post 800...

I shall reveal in a second. Sorry you are Jan who was previously Safana then? You have me a little confused haha.

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:20 PM
(I will reveal after confirming above comment)

FM Fenthick
September 8th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Technically jan is dead, i am safana disguised as jan

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Ah wonderful. Well greetings then sir! I am, in fact, the legend that is FM Khalid!

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I do feel honored to experience my very own night chat outside the puzzles. By the way, still reading at post #861, but I skipped ahead and saw Shar was quartermaster so I'm nearly done lol.

FM Fenthick
September 8th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Do you trust me to reveal your own role? Or will that be out of the question?
I will promise you to hide your role unless you are one of the 2 bhaalspawn or harpers
If youre town or cult, tell me why should I side with you
If youre neutral, we can help eachother out

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I need to keep my role under wraps until the sanctum opens, as I don't want to be converted/targeted for bad things.

But I am not a Bhaalspawn nor a Harper, so have no fear of me there (nor Cult but duh lol).

And since I like doing these kind of things, I needed to pick a Bhaalspawn that I want to win anyways, and it was down to you and the Necromancer, so I think I shall go with you, since we are united for a night anyways ^^!

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:37 PM
(Yes I am town if that wasn't clear lol)

FM Fenthick
September 8th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Okay :)
Whats your current reads on everyone?

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Korgan appears to be an Explorer.

I think Ajantis is the non-Necromancer Bhaalspawn (Shadow Adept?). He was incredibly pushy about trying to find you.

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Rest of my reads are fuzzy, especially since I thought Shar-Teel was actually a student, but the only useful one for you is my read on Ajantis - and if you agree with that notion I'm all-too-happy to lynch him, as he put me off anyways, so that's one step closer to you winning.

Jaheira claimed the other Harper spot so she stands in your way also (unless she is cult, but either way in your way right?)

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Your reads? Heh

FM Fenthick
September 8th, 2013, 06:49 PM
What do you think of my 2 plans? Keep disguising scums or stay jan and join the cult chat?
Do you honestly think town give me the support i need to survive?

Ill give reads hold on

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Aerie's fighting to help you out, assuming she's not the necromancer herself.

I'm still reading puzzle chat so let me get through first.

If you think cleric will undouse you maybe stay as scum? Stil lreading though so hold on

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Ok done reading. Between claimed cleric and claimed spy, you have a lot of protection so far haha. And you can always disguise somewhere once sanctum opens to prevent being screwed anyways in case.

FM Aribeth
September 8th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Holding on haha

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 02:03 AM
I don't know about you, but I am thoroughly enjoying the puzzle chat right now haha

FM Fenthick
September 9th, 2013, 03:52 AM
I apoligize for my abstence, my mom took my phone away unexpectedly last night just because today was the first day of school

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Ouch, no worries glad you could get back on then. Waiting on your reads ^^

FM Ferengi
September 9th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Bhaal/butler can you please dayshoot whoever gave me the other avatar?
No, but I can modkill you if you change it again.

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 11:05 AM
^I lol'd

FM Fenthick
September 9th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Lol

FM Fenthick
September 9th, 2013, 04:20 PM
FM Nalia towny
FM Dynaheir idk
FM Tiax idk
FM Kagain scummy
FM Jaheira scum
FM Cernd scummy
FM Xzar towny
FM Aerie towny
FM Montaron scummy
FM Branwen scummy
FM Korgan idk
FM Keldorn towny
FM Coran scummy
FM Yeslick towny
FM Ajantis really scummy
FM Kivan towny
FM Khalid - SerialArsonFather
FM Xan scummy
FM Haer-Dalis in between
FM Valygar idk
FM Faldorn scummy
FM Yoshimo towny
FM Garrick scummy

FM Fenthick
September 9th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Basically i think everyone is scummy

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Fuck you got me.

Ok but in all seriousness, there's a very high probability we will get culted tonight. I'm not sure how best to direct the puzzle chat, but I can see a very good chance the Prophet converting you, and therefore taking us both. Which will cause us to both lose, as it means the Prophet will die when Sanctum opens, revealing one of the Bhaalspawns is the new Prophet (and logic states you'd be the most likely since you're the only one revealed as Bhaalspawn).

FM Fenthick
September 9th, 2013, 04:59 PM
If i get converted, Im disguising the fuck out of this suit

'I think I rather enjoy this peanut' is the code if I ever disguise and want to reveal to you

FM Fenthick
September 9th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Anti drug test

First post
First letter start with a vowel mean you are converted
Otherwise you werent converted

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 05:04 PM
We may want to plan things out a bit in the last 2 hours of our Heartwarder chat. I'm completely behind supporting you for victory as Bhaalspawn.

However, I am worried about being potentially recruited together, as it screws us both over, since Kivan will reveal we were heartwarded at the end of the night.

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 05:06 PM
If i get converted, Im disguising the fuck out of this suit

'I think I rather enjoy this peanut' is the code if I ever disguise and want to reveal to you

Oh that's true, well you can disguise out tomorrow night in the event we're converted. But that also does reveal that you were culted, unless you take out a Bhaalspawn or neutral, since town will wonder why you killed off a town

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Anti drug test

First post
First letter start with a vowel mean you are converted
Otherwise you werent converted

I'm a bit confused by this post - won't we be converted together, or neither of us will be?

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Watch carefully whoever votes me for puzzle solving. I have a feeling Yoshimo is a cult, as my enthusiasm to be sent is preventing her from risking the puzzle traps, and whoever throws a vote on me to protect Yoshimo from going is probably cult also.

I'm completely fine going on this puzzle as that way if I'm wrong I'll die to the puzzle. And that way I can't be force-converted with you through the damn heartwarding, so I can still with as an Adventurer. Ugh I thought heartwarding would be fun, but it may serve to royally screw us. If I'm converted and fake my clue tomorrow, it will be obvious when my hint doesn't unlock the Sanctum the following night, and I'll be lynched and die as cult for it.

FM Fenthick
September 9th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I'm a bit confused by this post - won't we be converted together, or neither of us will be?

Yeah but drug will make one of us think were converted but in reality we werent, i was drugged into thinking i was converted d4

FM Fenthick
September 9th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Also we have 24 hours left

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Oh ok the drug part makes sense now.

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I would advise you to vote me for the puzzle chat, not Yoshimo.

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 06:06 PM
We should probably sync strategies in the event we are culted. Just checked OoO, I get converted before I die. So if either of us is converted, we are both converted no matter what deaths/etc. occur tonight.

SO we should plan accordingly for if we are converted or not.

Keep in mind Cult chat will not open til night 7 no matter what happens, unless Sanctum opens tonight, and I'm positive it won't since we are missing a chant.

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 06:10 PM
If we are culted tonight:

If I am sent for the puzzle, it is not possible for anyone to gain the clue I receive since I would not reveal a true clue if I am culted. Thus, cult is guaranteed to get a last conversion off on night 6. Additionally, you will keep your death immunity through night 6. Additionally, we should set up some codes so we can communicate during the day, in the event we are both culted.

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 06:12 PM
I wonder if this has been the most active heartwarder night so far...

FM Fenthick
September 9th, 2013, 06:36 PM
If you flip cult, and I was converted, I will just say that you revealed cult to me at night chat and we just discussed stuff. This way i can avoid fos

FM Fenthick
September 9th, 2013, 06:37 PM
And I really doubt it, it is possible that 2 people are more active than us

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Doubt what/2 people are more active than us?

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Oh wait just understood what you meant.

Heh I think most Heartwarder chats are pretty silent but I could be wrong

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 08:41 PM
If you flip cult, and I was converted, I will just say that you revealed cult to me at night chat and we just discussed stuff. This way i can avoid fos

Kivan will be mighty suspicious, though if Yoshimo is cult everyone might see it as I tried to stop Yoshimo from dying to the puzzle.

It's actually not too bad if cult grabs you, since you will retain your doppelganger ability. It might actually be a lot of fun if we get culted together ^^

FM Aribeth
September 9th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Well I've been soft-claiming Thief, so if I'm converted I'll have to accuse Haer-Dalis or Feldorn of faking their clue as reasoning why the Sanctum won't open (since I'll then fake the clue for tonight), then I can try and go for a shitty Lunatic trying too hard to get lynched. May buy some time that way.

I'm going to give you my role inside a Vignere cipher, so in the event I want to communicate my role to you in the future (ex: we got converted and I want you to know my cult role), it will be clear. And you can act under the assumption that as long as it fulfills my win conditions, I will do whatever is in my power to help you win as Bhaalspawn (fulfills my win conditions as in, for example, if I'm town and you join the cult, I won't do whatever I can to help you survive, but otherwise I'd be totally fine championing you as the Bhaalspawn to survive/using powers I may have to kill off any other Bhaalspawns).

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 12:41 PM
5 hours til night ends, then we must part ways!

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 02:45 PM
So you're not disguising tonight right?

"Yijsxmv,dmot pntn Vstyswgeef eifu ybdf gsslr by mpy smpk plbyz qi"

This is the phrase, if you use the correct key, my role will be revealed to you at a time I would like to reveal. If I am attempting to communicate my key, I will phrase it with the following sentence followed by the key:

Huh, well damn. "KEY PHRASE IS HERE..."

The key phrase ends with an ellipse (...), for added confirmation it is in fact the key

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 02:46 PM
So if you see the following, for example:

Huh, well damn. Now you have my key phrase...

Then you would use "Now you have my key phrase..." as the key to unlock the encoded message above, and thus have my role as well as useful info for you.

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Is it ok to do the above? I'll scrap it if I am not allowed.

I also wanted to know if I could use the requested link for added ease of decrypting my cipher.

This is a vignere cipher, as was allowed earlier, so if I am no longer allowed to do so please let me know!

FM Fenthick
September 10th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Ugh, got home and almost every town said they dont trust me... Why bother staying as jan?

FM Fenthick
September 10th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Deciding whether or not to disguise

FM Fenthick
September 10th, 2013, 03:29 PM
I am a little confused by the codes
Do you mind like posting an example

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 03:53 PM
If you google Vigenere cipher encryptor/decryptor, you can ues a key and a encoded message to get a decoded message. So if I provide a key in daychat to you, then you can use it to decrypt the message from above that is encrypted with my role and some useful info for you.

If you disguise tonight town will not forgive you. They don't want to alienate everyone else right now, but if you do the most work for town, they will reward you with the win. So you have to provide lots of cult names from cult chat.

I would save disguise if I were you, that way you can always disguise tmrw if culted.

But night actions are locked in now, so you're stuck haha.

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 03:57 PM
night action deadline was 30 minutes ago from now

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Example:

Phrase: "This is an example."
Key: "My key is thus the phrase"
Encrypted Phrase: "Ffsw ga sg lrsfwpt."

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 03:58 PM
It basically just scrambles letters in a message, leaves spaces and punctuation alone

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Whoops hold on, I have permission to use such a cipher but was given a max size for the key.

Creating a new one, ignore the previous one...

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:04 PM
My encoded phrase for you now: ""Hyylgwy,sple nwto Pdelwfdwsu wbwv slzh tzhrf eb fon ksts zurns zs"" (include both quotation marks at either end, they are the first and last letters of the cipher)

My key will be a phrase within two elipses said during the day. So the first time you see a sentence like this: ...blah blah key time..., the key will be that phrase INCLUDING the elipses.

So decode this: ""Hyylgwy,sple nwto Pdelwfdwsu wbwv slzh tzhrf eb fon ksts zurns zs""

including ALL quotation marks in that sentence

using they key provided INCLUDING ALL elipses (elipses are this thing - ...)

And the phrase will be revealed, should it be necessary

Btdubs the key has a max length of 25 characters, so 19 characters including the ellipses haha

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Cool just confirmed the ellipses and quotation marks don't matter.

So decode this phrase: Hyylgwy,sple nwto Pdelwfdwsu wbwv slzh tzhrf eb fon ksts zurns zs

Using the key contained within ...KEYKEYKEY...

If I post it during the day.

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Actually sorry if I am being confusing, you can decode that message AND this one or JUST this one:

"Pltps oo km nbjvb iwri, xll vwrl tnubmg Zqrlevq,sesl dlzt Evwewdcosj dimk yqoz lshpe wb uvu ahzx omjgs xr. Wb E hm vxzbhr E atwy pa ooawrk bkwaj, pwfs E wt nxxhzdz hyylgwy wud plzt nwhp rfvzpu comlbo evwewdcosjz iy bcc ksht wjaqd il."

But make sure to decode this one for sure (post 70), includes one more very useful piece of info for you, which will be shared after Sanctum opens to see if I/you are culted or not.

Keep in mind if I am culted, I will be culted version of what I was.

FM Fenthick
September 10th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Okay, lol, still confused but ill try to figure out

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:24 PM
No worries haha, I think you'll figure it out in time

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:24 PM
How're you feeling on this right now. Ready for night feedback etc.?

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Wanna plan some strategy out in the event we're culted?

I forsee a 30% chance we both get culted

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:30 PM
If we are culted, we will get a list of who is in the cult.

If Jaheira really is Prophet, it would be best to direct a lynch on her, unless it's possible to direct a lynch on a non-cult for sure. That way the lynch fails, then you disguise tmrw night. If Jaheira is not cult, we should push to get her lynched while implicating others in pushing for it. So softly pushing for it, then trying to derail it ever-so-softly once the train gets going.

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:36 PM
We have to be very careful if we are culted, since Kivan will know we were heartwarded together. You will have to push the "Fuck town, you guys don't wanna help me, I'm not sticking in this body" card. It's imperative we know if a Bard is really blocking you though, to know if this is possible.

If you are culted I may go ahead and open the Sanctum tmrw anyways - I get an auto-vest, you would disguise. Then the Prophet dies. Thus you can play it as you disguised as the Prophet, and I'm in the clear. Additionally, you can then say you were given the choice of joining the cult but said no. Town will love you because then it is not possible for any Bhaalspawn to join the cult, and they have no cult leader. Thus you win town favor, and rest of Bhaalspawns think they can't win with cult, then you can manipulate shit from there.

Otherwise if the Sanctum isn't opened cult gets one more convert, but then it is obvious you were the culted Bhaalspawn, so it's imperative you disguise out.

How does that plan sound? Comments, suggestions, any other ideas? I'm going to play the card of Thief turned Lunatic if I don't open the Sanctum if culted, that way I may be able to get away with never being lynched and last longer/help the cult more. How does that strategy sound?

We got 1 hour before night ends btdubs. I'm going to try to not post in puzzle chat anymore so that way if the night ends up really weird, I have time to figure out what to do before posting, so people don't think I'm lurking (though I am going out for dinner soon, but I'll delay to plan with you here if you're around and want to).

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:36 PM
And please post confirmation you read these plans before night ends, so I know whether you know about these plans before I enact any of them, assuming we are culted.

FM Fenthick
September 10th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Hmm i asked to canceled one minuted after it should get locked
6:30 -> actions should be locked
6:31 -> canceled something

My action may be ignored, but I am asking since it was one minute thing

Just a head up btw

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Balls, aight, this may get tricky in that case. Lemme know if they tell you before night ends. And what was your way of telling me who you disguised as again? (what's the phrase)?

I will lol really hard if you chose to disguise as me, but I will trust you did not (plus it would be fairly hard to fake being me, I've been quite active).

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Watch carefully for my ellipses when I post if I want to convey stuff to you, and you can act under the assumption your win conditions are the only thing I care about, after my win conditions, when trying to analyze my behavior.

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM
if I want to convey stuff to you meaning, if it would be useful for us both if you know my role/what I've discovered, done by providing you the key to unlock the vignere cipher.

It's something you can look up on google if you need help finding how to do so

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Let me know if you read/agree with what I said. Though it's preferable if you also comment with your thoughts on individual parts

FM Fenthick
September 10th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Ive read the plan, remember if i get converted, I become the cult leader and assassinate the Prophet.
If jah or w/e is prophet, most likely he will convert me because she know she is fucked and need a new leader

FM Fenthick
September 10th, 2013, 04:49 PM
We have to be very careful if we are culted, since Kivan will know we were heartwarded together. You will have to push the "Fuck town, you guys don't wanna help me, I'm not sticking in this body" card. It's imperative we know if a Bard is really blocking you though, to know if this is possible.

I can play this card

If you are culted I may go ahead and open the Sanctum tmrw anyways - I get an auto-vest, you would disguise. Then the Prophet dies. Thus you can play it as you disguised as the Prophet, and I'm in the clear. Additionally, you can then say you were given the choice of joining the cult but said no. Town will love you because then it is not possible for any Bhaalspawn to join the cult, and they have no cult leader. Thus you win town favor, and rest of Bhaalspawns think they can't win with cult, then you can manipulate shit from there.
The prophet role will be cleaned, if it isnt, they would know i didnt disguise the prophet.
Otherwise if the Sanctum isn't opened cult gets one more convert, but then it is obvious you were the culted Bhaalspawn, so it's imperative you disguise out.

How does that plan sound? Comments, suggestions, any other ideas? I'm going to play the card of Thief turned Lunatic if I don't open the Sanctum if culted, that way I may be able to get away with never being lynched and last longer/help the cult more. How does that strategy sound?

We got 1 hour before night ends btdubs. I'm going to try to not post in puzzle chat anymore so that way if the night ends up really weird, I have time to figure out what to do before posting, so people don't think I'm lurking (though I am going out for dinner soon, but I'll delay to plan with you here if you're around and want to).

Problem

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Problem

I can think of a few tricks up my sleeve to avoid that problem, but I can't share them at this time. At the least, if Jaheira is Prophet, that will not be a problem.

Any other issues?

FM Fenthick
September 10th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Meh, ill go with it

Peanut butter = my identity if i disguise
Start with a vowel on your first post if you get converted(anti drug test)

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 05:19 PM
If we are converted: should I try to open the sanctum or not open the sanctum?

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Considering I'm being sent for the puzzle, I will say "omg" as my first word of my first post if I am converted.

For the both of us, if we say anything within ellipses "...blah..." then we are trying to tell the other person something.

So if I'm like ...Yoshimo seems scummy...

that means I truly think a Yoshimo lynch is in our favor

etc.

FM Fenthick
September 10th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Gotcha

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Any other codes or anything you want to set up so we can communicate if needed?

I hope you didn't disguise this night, because if we are converted I have no way of preventing the knowledge you are the new Prophet from being obvious to the town.

FM Fenthick
September 10th, 2013, 05:25 PM
I will say peanut butter to reveal my identity if i am disguised

FM Aribeth
Remember the phrase I gave you that you have to decode, keep it saved somewhere in case we lose access to this thing.

For the record, since I said my key would be within ellipses (...KEY...), try the key anytime I post the double ellipses in case I am giving you the key instead of my current intentions.

For easier ways of doing it, I believe there are websites that either explain how to do the cipher, or do it for you, if you give it the encoded message and the key

FM Aribeth
Got it.

Oh and if you figure out Bhaalspawns identities and want to communicate them to me without revealing to the Bhaalspawns you know the identity, you need a way of telling me

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Unless you say otherwise, if you put up to two names within quotes when speaking so you say "FM Khalid" or something like that, I will assume you suspect or know they are Bhaalspawn, and I will try to help get them killed.

FM Aribeth
September 10th, 2013, 05:30 PM
night ends in 1 minute