PDA

View Full Version : The Mage Tower: night 3

Pages : [1] 2

Forum Mafia GM
August 31st, 2013, 06:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzwDlPvlPpg&list=PL945B1759FCAC5517

An odd, tower-like structure stands before you. Surrounded by a hedge of bramble bushes that are mysteriously able to grow here. The building has no windows or doors, no stairs, nor any other ways that provide entrance. It is very doubtful that this construction is a solid mass of stone, however. In fact, one layer of the mason work lies deeper than others, and the stones below it seem to be loose. While they cannot be removed, they can be pushed upwards, and from there on out they can be moved left and right. So they can be repositioned in a different order. You are convinced that there must be a way to get inside. But how?

On the eastern side of the building there is a small outcropping that holds a torch. You do not know how long it has been since anyone was here, but the torch looks to be brand new. Haer-Dalis takes the torch in his hand and walks around the building with it. In this different light, he notices that the moveable stones bear an inscription with magical runes that could not be seen before.

“when” “your shadow” “flows” “in” “they” “swear” “their liquid” “of” “bhaal’s name” “fear” “we who” “to strike” “before” “the deed” “revel” “the heart” “in” “their end” “so” “was done” “our mark” “shall know” “from” “in” “their husk” “life” “comes”

It seems reasonable to assume that these words are supposed to form a phrase of some kind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminder:
Each group must vote for a “volunteer” to test their solution. Note that someone can be forced to take this position against their will. Whoever gets the most votes will be charged with the task. In case of a tie, the volunteer will be randomised to break the tie.

Voting for a volunteer uses the same formatting as voting to lynch someone, with [ vote ] [ /vote ] tags around their name. A majority doesn’t lock the vote. The tally at the end of the night is used.

Solutions can be proposed by anyone, whether they’re chosen as volunteer or not. A solution is proposed in the puzzle chat using the following format:

-propose solution

insert solution here

Unfortunately for the explorers, all of these locations are heavily trapped. If a wrong answer is given by the volunteer, he has a 66% chance of being struck by a trap and die. Having no proposed solution counts as a wrong answer.

If he is correct though, he will be awarded with a clue in his night feedback PM and the puzzle location will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player List:
FM Anomen
FM Imoen
FM Haer-Dalis
FM Coran
FM Khalid
FM Cernd
FM Kivan
FM Aerie
FM Keldorn
FM Kagain
FM Branwen

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 06:12 PM
Before I even look at the riddle, I just want to say

I told you so

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 06:13 PM
Before I even look at the riddle, I just want to say

I told you so

Yea : /

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 06:13 PM
Oh, it's this one. Ok, I think we solved this during the day, I shall search the scrolls for the records of it.

FM Aerie
August 31st, 2013, 06:16 PM
I also told you to fucking lynch mazzy

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 06:16 PM
Oh, it's this one. Ok, I think we solved this during the day, I shall search the scrolls for the records of it.

Now that we know Mazzy is confirmed scum lets figure out her allies. Faldorn and Yeslick are 2 of them I know.

FM Aerie
August 31st, 2013, 06:17 PM
Ajantis heavily defended mazzy. i think we should send him in to die to the trap if we can't figure out the solution.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 06:18 PM
1) OK, the first thing you'll notice is that he never voted for Mazzy. He was willing to join almost every other major train at some point in the day (his votes: Quayle, Alora, Anomen, Alora, Viconia, Alora) but he never once voted for Mazzy. I (and I know I am not alone) still believe that Mazzy is scum, and Yeslick's voting patterns make me think that he is a cult who did everything, and I mean everything, in his power to avoid a lynch on Mazzy (and he succeeded).
2) He was the first to defend Korgan (I don't give a crap what you guys think, I'm not going to drop the 'Korgan' thing) and he also defended Khalid with the 3 words "Khalid is town" (best reasoning NA).
3) It feels like so much of his posting isn't original, but commentary (and by commentary I really mean criticism) of other people's posts. Sometimes it's flat-out calling someone stupid, and other times it's, again, derailing a lynch on Mazzy (or Anomen, at times, although he did put his vote on Anomen once).
4) He almost never explains his voting (and certainly not until after the vote has been cast). Even when he does explain why he has voted someone, I don't necessarily think he explains well enough (in his final case, the argument against Alora :P dat logic).

Yeslick and I disagree on a lot, and I mean A LOT, but I don't think that's clouding my judgement: I genuinely think he's been ignored up until this point and is at least worthy of a second look. I know there are multiple people that fall under this category, but Yeslick is someone I personally noticed this day, so here you go :P

This is from Valygar when I was in the satyr chat. The reason I didn't talk much is because I was fos'ing on Yeslick and I didn't want him to think I was watching him.

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 06:18 PM
Well, it was disappointing, but at least we took the safest route. Let's make up for it by solving this shit.

I like Keldorn's proposal:

We, who revel in your shadow, swear to strike fear in the heart of our mark.
So when their end comes, they shall know the deed was done in Bhaal's name before their liquid life flows from their husk.

FM Aerie
August 31st, 2013, 06:19 PM
Or we could send kivan to die to the trap.

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 06:20 PM
The trouble is that many good-hearted souls were swayed by the tongues of villains. We must be very careful how we proceed. that being said, I have disliked Faldorn since the day began, and I am also beginning to suspect Kivan. I agree that ajantis is also suspect.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 06:21 PM
Depends on flip, but at my level of confidence probably not.

This is from Yeslick during the day when Safana asked if the voters would lynch the other person if they lynch a town. I think that the cult was hoping Viconia would flip neutral.

FM Kivan
Imoen's proposal:

We, who revel in their end, swear to strike fear in the heart of our mark, so when your shadow comes
they shall know the deed was done in Bhaal's name before their liquid life flows from their husk.

I have to say I like Keldorn's more.

FM Imoen
Well, it was disappointing, but at least we took the safest route. Let's make up for it by solving this shit.

I like Keldorn's proposal:

The safest route was banishing Mazzy. I said this all along, but only a few listened.

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 06:22 PM
Or we could send kivan to die to the trap.

Or we could...I don't know, get a correct answer and solve it?

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 06:23 PM
The safest route was banishing Mazzy. I said this all along, but only a few listened.

Well you were right and we were wrong. Mazzy will be lynched tomorrow, no mercy.

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 06:25 PM
Well you were right and we were wrong. Mazzy will be lynched tomorrow, no mercy.

That's what they said about what would happen if she didn't prove herself to us yesterday. I'll believe it when I see it.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 06:26 PM

Or we can hope our Necromancer if that part was true kills Mazzy tonight for us and then we can lynch the other cult.

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 06:29 PM
Your submission of mine is outdated, ser Kivan. This is the solution to which I was referring:

We, who revel in your shadow, swear to strike fear in the heart of our mark before their end comes.
So when their liquid life flows from their husk, they shall know the deed was done in Bhaal's name.

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 06:29 PM
Cespenar, I'm assuming we only have to propose correct "order" of the stones, right? We don't have to bother with an interpunction?

FM Coran
August 31st, 2013, 06:30 PM
Hi, sorry for my lack of presence in day 3.
I had multiple thing to take care of and I didn't even had time to merely check to see what was going on.
I did scroll quickly to see that I didn't miss that much, (Pretty much the Mazzy/Viconia thing still going on and puzzle solving)

I must say that I'm sorry. I misjudged you Imoen.
But after checking all evidence we had, Viconia was the one that seemed more scummy. And I was wrong. At least, it was only an explorer.

Also, with Viconia flipping explorer, that make Safana's a possible scum taking in consideration that Safana's and Viconia's clue were contraditing themself.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 06:34 PM
FM Viconia (21 [L--3]): FM Yeslick, FM Shar-Teel, FM Minsc, FM Khalid, FM Kivan, FM Coran, FM Dynaheir, FM Jaheira, FM Faldorn, FM Anomen, FM Tiax, FM Sarevok, FM Safana, FM Montaron, FM Ajantis, FM Nalia, FM Branwen, FM Xzar, FM Mazzy, FM Korgan, FM Xan

Green- Probably town on the train
Yellow- Could go either way
Orange- Leaning scum
Red-Scum

FM Kagain
August 31st, 2013, 06:35 PM
I am here and saw the lynch. I am amazed that town went with the victoria lynch instead of the mazzy lynch when i pointed out the key factor on why mazzy was a scum, NO NIGHT 1 FEEDBACK. Anyway, if we are not confident or are confident in puzzle i am willing to go for it. I am kinda tired but have been paying attention to thread. If someone finds the solution I will copy and paste it and if we cant decide on who to send I am willing to go.

On the day 3 things that has been going on, I mostly saw people throwing accusations at each other left and right. We should look at the votes and see who was on each train. I'm inclined to think that if mazzy is indeed a cult, that there might be a possibility that cult(s) might be on the mazzy train to blend in. But i think we should look at who started victoria train and who did more tunneling on it

FM Kagain
August 31st, 2013, 06:36 PM
FM Viconia (21 [L--3]): FM Yeslick, FM Shar-Teel, FM Minsc, FM Khalid, FM Kivan, FM Coran, FM Dynaheir, FM Jaheira, FM Faldorn, FM Anomen, FM Tiax, FM Sarevok, FM Safana, FM Montaron, FM Ajantis, FM Nalia, FM Branwen, FM Xzar, FM Mazzy, FM Korgan, FM Xan

Orange- Leaning scum
Red-Scum

We should see who changed their vote to cause it to go over because they might of been doing that to look like sheeps but be scums as well.

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 06:37 PM
Your submission of mine is outdated, ser Kivan. This is the solution to which I was referring:

We, who revel in your shadow, swear to strike fear in the heart of our mark before their end comes.
So when their liquid life flows from their husk, they shall know the deed was done in Bhaal's name.

Actually it sounds a bit better than Keldorn's.

We, who revel in your shadow, swear to strike fear in the heart of our mark.
So when their end comes, they shall know the deed was done in Bhaal's name before their liquid life flows from their husk.

Grammar question: is "flows" correct here? I'm not a native speaker at such a mix with future, past and present tense makes thing complicated for me. I just want to discard Keldorn's solution.

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 06:37 PM
-Propose solution

“we who” “revel” “in” “your shadow” “swear” “to strike” “fear” “in” “the heart” “of” “our mark” “before” “their end” “comes” “so” “when” “their liquid” “life” “flows” “from” “their husk” “they” “shall know” “the deed” “was done” “in” “bhaal’s name”

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 06:39 PM
I kinda wish I was in the night chat with Mazzy. I wanna see what everyone is saying lol.

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 06:41 PM
Actually it sounds a bit better than Keldorn's.

Grammar question: is "flows" correct here? I'm not a native speaker at such a mix with future, past and present tense makes thing complicated for me. I just want to discard Keldorn's solution.

"flows" is fine grammatically. But everything after the comma in the second sentence feels like a run-on. I tried to see if this was something that could be solved with punctuation, but I don't think it can. For the time being, I prefer my answer.

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 06:43 PM
I kinda wish I was in the night chat with Mazzy. I wanna see what everyone is saying lol.

At this point, I care not what they say. I put no more faith in their words than I would a rodent with my cheese.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 06:45 PM
Actually I think Safana is cult too. I was thinking about her fake reveal.

Safana Fake Reveals.
Mazzy uses it to say Safana's clue was REAL so it proves Viconia's was fake making town want to lynch Viconia.
Yeslick makes a troll claim to Safana in day chat.

3 way scum interaction.

Also people needed to think. Why would a Duke risk their life trying to get a puzzle clue?

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 06:50 PM
Actually I think Safana is cult too. I was thinking about her fake reveal.

Safana Fake Reveals.
Mazzy uses it to say Safana's clue was REAL so it proves Viconia's was fake making town want to lynch Viconia.
Yeslick makes a troll claim to Safana in day chat.

3 way scum interaction.

Also people needed to think. Why would a Duke risk their life trying to get a puzzle clue?

Sefana is not the duke, but is not necessarily in the Cult of Bhaal. After all, he did post his clue before Viconia, which means unless his clue is redundant with Viconia's (ie. the contradicting parts were originally identical in both clues) or he did some very good/quick guesswork when altering the clue before showing it to us, I think it is legitimate.

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 06:51 PM
Haer-Dalis, Safana later told that she isn't Duke. I don't know what was her intention.

She volunteered during n1 and claimed she has an "expendable role".

FM Imoen
Also, the duke would risk it if he was viewed as evil and did not wish to reveal himself (not sure if they can reveal themselves at night)

Can the Duke reveal at night? Does a revealed duke's vote retain its increased voting power at night?

FM Cernd
Wow. You seriously lynhed Viconia instead of Mazzy?
lmao. You're fucking dumb.

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 06:52 PM
Btw, Imoen, are you willing to go as volunteer?

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 06:52 PM
Sefana is not the duke, but is not necessarily in the Cult of Bhaal. After all, he did post his clue before Viconia, which means unless his clue is redundant with Viconia's (ie. the contradicting parts were originally identical in both clues) or he did some very good/quick guesswork when altering the clue before showing it to us, I think it is legitimate.

Well I know she isn't a Duke. When she fake revealed I knew she wasn't a Duke since I couldn't imagine a Duke risking his life to a trap.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 06:54 PM
Wow. You seriously lynhed Viconia instead of Mazzy?
lmao. You're fucking dumb.

People believed the scum more than the town.

FM Cernd
August 31st, 2013, 06:57 PM
FM Anomen
Suck it.

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 07:01 PM
Btw, Imoen, are you willing to go as volunteer?

I would rather send someone such as Anomen, who I do not trust at all, just in case we are wrong.

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 07:02 PM
I don't think Anomen is a good choice considering we have almost-perfect solution.

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 07:02 PM
How about me?^^

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 07:07 PM
-Propose Solution

“we who” “revel” “in” “your shadow” “swear” “to strike” “fear” “in” “the heart” “of” “our mark” “before” “their end” “comes” “so” “when” “their liquid” “life” “flows” “from” “their husk” “they” “shall know” “the deed” “was done” “in” “bhaal’s name”

I can go if you think we have the right answer.

FM Ferengi
August 31st, 2013, 07:17 PM
Cespenar, I'm assuming we only have to propose correct "order" of the stones, right? We don't have to bother with an interpunction?
There are no punctuation stones, so you need zero punctuation.

Can the Duke reveal at night? Does a revealed duke's vote retain its increased voting power at night?
As was answered in the FAQ, the Duke can only reveal during the day, but his extra votes do count in puzzle chats.

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 07:19 PM
Shameless copy.

-Propose Solution

Sigh. I was pretty sure "our mark" refers to them being Bhaal's children and focused on "they fear our mark". Different usage of this word didn't come to my mind.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 07:30 PM
I was thinking if Safana is cult then she is probably the prophet since she would be immune from getting killed. Otherwise I think she is a thief.

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 07:34 PM
That would be risky. "Secret" wasn't a sure thing, volunteer took quite a big risk. If Safana would be immune to traps it would bring attention to her. This would be very risky move.

It sucks that we can't trust anybody right now.

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 07:34 PM
I was thinking if Safana is cult then she is probably the prophet since she would be immune from getting killed. Otherwise I think she is a thief.

Why do you distrust sefana?

FM Coran
August 31st, 2013, 07:36 PM

Personnaly, I don't trust Safana anymore due to her clue.

If Viconia's clue was the right one, how comes Sanafa's clue is in direct contradiction to Viconia's clue?

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 07:41 PM
Wait, I was wrong. We CAN trust some people. If we have Armoursmith, Enchanter, Heartwarder or Illusionist here they can be confirmed townies if only they can prove their night actions. They can't really be culted after revealing because lack of their actions would be very noticeable. Sure, they can be killed but we probably still have some protective roles.

So, if we had one of those roles in this chat we could use them and have 100% sure clue. What do you think?

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 07:44 PM

Safana is trying to act like he is neutral between the lynches. He was acting like he doesn't care on who gets killed. Then he did his fake reveal and voted Viconia immediately after showing he preferred the Viconia lynch. Although I don't trust Safana. I would rather get Yeslick after Mazzy. Yeslick acts anti-town. He says he is using a different way to play as town and he is only saying that so when people question him he can say he just messed up. He preferred voting on EVERY single train that wasn't Mazzy. He puts no reasoning behind most of his votes. The only time he voted onto Mazzy was beginning of day 3 since he knew Mazzy defied orders since he was in Mazzy's night chat. So he though Mazzy would die until Mazzy came up with the fake counter clue and then he switched off after that.

FM Cernd
August 31st, 2013, 07:45 PM
What do you think?
I think you've been rolefishing since d1.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 31st, 2013, 07:48 PM
I think you've been rolefishing since d1.
What do you think about Yeslick Cernd?

FM Cernd
August 31st, 2013, 07:49 PM
What do you think about Yeslick Cernd?
Scum.

FM Kagain
August 31st, 2013, 08:00 PM
-Propose Solution

I'm also willing to take a shot at this trap/puzzle if you guys want.

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 08:15 PM
Since Anomen is here: who did you target yesternight? You refused to give us your feedback, so at least tell us your target for now. Mazzy doesn't look good right now and you said with all certainty that she is Town so I'd like to hear more.

FM Kivan
August 31st, 2013, 08:18 PM
And about this riddle: it's more or less fine syntax-wise, but does it make sense? Sure, they are striking fear in hearts of their victims, but how that makes their victims know it's all in the name of Bhaal?

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 09:23 PM
And about this riddle: it's more or less fine syntax-wise, but does it make sense? Sure, they are striking fear in hearts of their victims, but how that makes their victims know it's all in the name of Bhaal?

Bhaal is the god of murder, so... I could see how the Cult of Bhaal doing something to frighten someone would lead them to conclude that whatever follows was done in Bhaal's name.

FM Khalid
August 31st, 2013, 10:27 PM
Can I also say I told you so? I was not adamant on Viconia's town alignment, but I pushed pushed PUSHED for Mazzy's lynch, though everyone decided to move onto the Viconia lynch.

I will be incredibly disappointed if Mazzy is not lynched tomorrow (though I wouldn't be too surprised).

Are we pretty confident with this solution then? I don't mind proposing it also.

FM Khalid
August 31st, 2013, 10:28 PM
-Propose Solution

FM Khalid
August 31st, 2013, 10:29 PM

Orange- Leaning scum
Red-Scum

I am quite surprised, is that really how you read me?

FM Khalid
August 31st, 2013, 10:30 PM
I am beginning to have my suspicions about Quayle. Watch him carefully gentlemen, as he may claim he bussed two of his scum compatriots for future feedback.

FM Imoen
August 31st, 2013, 10:40 PM
Can I also say I told you so? I was not adamant on Viconia's town alignment, but I pushed pushed PUSHED for Mazzy's lynch, though everyone decided to move onto the Viconia lynch.

I will be incredibly disappointed if Mazzy is not lynched tomorrow (though I wouldn't be too surprised).

Are we pretty confident with this solution then? I don't mind proposing it also.

You may.

FM Anomen
August 31st, 2013, 11:19 PM
When I said Mazzy was town, Mazzy was town. Mazzy might not be town now.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 12:47 AM
Mazzy has never been town. The prophet would be dumb if he converted mazzy.

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 01:03 AM
When I said Mazzy was town, Mazzy was town. Mazzy might not be town now.

If that's the case, then why would she claim something that did not fit the pairing you said she belonged to? Seems like it would've been much easier for her to survive if she had just agreed with you.

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 01:03 AM

That too.

FM Khalid
September 1st, 2013, 03:54 AM

Mazzy has been in the spotlight as potential scum since day 1. He would be one of the worst potential culting targets possible throughout this FM

FM Khalid
September 1st, 2013, 03:54 AM
(Basically just agreeing with you two, also I think Anomen is pure scum)

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 04:14 AM
-propose solution

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 04:19 AM
Did I do that correctly? I think Imoen has it perfect, considering what other combinations there are. The night before I volunteered but I guess I forgot to propose a solution so I was null to the group... I just used color code on the -propose solution and cut paste imoen's answer.

I half expected Vic to turn thief or something else non-town.

1: Sefana and Vic's clues didn't seem to match, does this still mean Sefana could be lying about the clues?

2: I understand everyone is down for the Mazzy lynch tomorrow, and looking for associates defending her, but can anyone give a logcal possibility that Mazzy is telling the truth? Humor me and put a little thought into it please.

3: Shar-teel I thought was 100% town d2, d3....wtf happened? Motives and tact seemed to have changed drastically.

I can bring us the clue tomorrow if I am selected. I can not be converted.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 04:21 AM
I should live to see the inner sanctum open, but after that I will probably be the target of someone. I think the only reason I am alive right now is because I am not a real threat to the other factions until there is no more immunities everywhere.

Hopefully tomorrow everyone will have enough clues to piece together an answer to try and get it open.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 04:24 AM
I will also vote with the majority for volunteer if you don't want me to do it.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 04:28 AM
The thing is Branwen you could be Cult to begin with.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 04:32 AM
Oh, screw it. I can't be converted anyway because it would be obvious. I can't be killed because scums like my ability. I made myself scummy right before end of the day (with great help of Viconia) so I won't be targeted by scums another puzzle locations.

Heartwarder here.

Even if I die by a trap we will know Branwen lied.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 04:35 AM
Luckily for me I can proove myself right now by saying how many people in the heart-chat are here (if any) and possibly reveal one or both of such people (but that would be not-so-beneficial for us).

For the reason stated above I think I'd be the best candidate for proposing solution since I'm quite sure it's the right one.

FM Keldorn
September 1st, 2013, 04:40 AM
That would be risky. "Secret" wasn't a sure thing, volunteer took quite a big risk. If Safana would be immune to traps it would bring attention to her. This would be very risky move.
It is not clear from the RP if the volunteer was lucky or triggered the trap and survived due to immunity. There is no risk involved in this, unless they survive night after night without solving the puzzle.

Since Anomen is here: who did you target yesternight? You refused to give us your feedback, so at least tell us your target for now.
Why is everybody so hung up on Anomen being Spy? It should be clear after the Anomen-Mazzy business on day 2 that he clearly isn't Spy.

In accordance with the Lord of Murder’s teachings, Bhaalists strove to ensure that before they died, murder victims knew who was killing them and that their death was in the name of Bhaal, intoning, “Bhaal awaits thee, Bhaal embraces thee, none escape Bhaal” (if necessary, repeatedly). (retrieved from here (http://faerunrp.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=129))

Mazzy clearly isn't a, culted or not, Diviner. I heard some hints in the day chat that point to her being an Assassin. What is your opinion on her role? Prophet would be a nice catch if the roleblocker is a Bard and not a Harper Paragon. That would shut down each and every culting attempt on further nights.

My top contender for the Cult:
Mazzy
Anomen
Yeslick
Tiax
Sarevok
Yoshimo
Xan
Minsc

On the puzzle:
Unfortunately we will have to take risks when trying to solve the puzzle. There are quite a number of similar solutions without changing the core meaning of the phrase by rearranging of certain parts. In terms of reading flow and conveyance of the core meaning I like the proposed solution the most. As such I find it acceptable to use it.

I can bring us the clue tomorrow if I am selected. I can not be converted.
You are claiming Harper/Cleric right there. In case you are Harper you should be sent to solve the puzzle. I believe that Alora is most likely already cursed (and yes, I think that one of the Bhaalspawn is a Necromancer). If the Necromancer was to curse you now and you die, Alora could recruit a new Harper whose identity is hidden. If the Necromancer would be gambling on you dying to a trap and wail tonight, you could recruit a new Harper if you survive.
But as there was a discussion about a Cleric revealing in your night 1 puzzle chat, you are most likely it.
I think you a pretty much safe until the Sanctum opens. I don't think the Bhaalspawn would alienate the Adventurers so obviously by killing you and the Cult can't. You are currently the only one able to remove curses and attunements in addition of preventing kills. I deem you too valuable to die in a trap and would prefer to see someone else sent.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 04:45 AM
It is not clear from the RP if the volunteer was lucky or triggered the trap and survived due to immunity. There is no risk involved in this, unless they survive night after night without solving the puzzle.

Why is everybody so hung up on Anomen being Spy? It should be clear after the Anomen-Mazzy business on day 2 that he clearly isn't Spy.

In accordance with the Lord of Murder’s teachings, Bhaalists strove to ensure that before they died, murder victims knew who was killing them and that their death was in the name of Bhaal, intoning, “Bhaal awaits thee, Bhaal embraces thee, none escape Bhaal” (if necessary, repeatedly). (retrieved from here (http://faerunrp.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=129))

Mazzy clearly isn't a, culted or not, Diviner. I heard some hints in the day chat that point to her being an Assassin. What is your opinion on her role? Prophet would be a nice catch if the roleblocker is a Bard and not a Harper Paragon. That would shut down each and every culting attempt on further nights.

My top contender for the Cult:
Mazzy
Anomen
Yeslick
Tiax
Sarevok
Yoshimo
Xan
Minsc

On the puzzle:
Unfortunately we will have to take risks when trying to solve the puzzle. There are quite a number of similar solutions without changing the core meaning of the phrase by rearranging of certain parts. In terms of reading flow and conveyance of the core meaning I like the proposed solution the most. As such I find it acceptable to use it.

You are claiming Harper/Cleric right there. In case you are Harper you should be sent to solve the puzzle. I believe that Alora is most likely already cursed (and yes, I think that one of the Bhaalspawn is a Necromancer). If the Necromancer was to curse you now and you die, Alora could recruit a new Harper whose identity is hidden. If the Necromancer would be gambling on you dying to a trap and wail tonight, you could recruit a new Harper if you survive.
But as there was a discussion about a Cleric revealing in your night 1 puzzle chat, you are most likely it.
I think you a pretty much safe until the Sanctum opens. I don't think the Bhaalspawn would alienate the Adventurers so obviously by killing you and the Cult can't. You are currently the only one able to remove curses and attunements in addition of preventing kills. I deem you too valuable to die in a trap and would prefer to see someone else sent.

I wouldn't volunteer if I wasn't confident in the puzzle solution, and I want valid clues.

FM Anomen
September 1st, 2013, 05:10 AM
Keldorn, I do wish you would post more. I enjoy your posts ever so much.

It's really funny how most ppl have me painted as scum. They apply the same scum-hunting techniques to me as they did to all the lynched and trapped dead town, and hope that maybe this time they got it right.

THAT is insanity.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 05:11 AM
Also Kivan, no please. Outing 2 people in heartwardens chat means both can be converted tonight: that is not good.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 05:14 AM

It's really funny how most ppl have me painted as scum. They apply the same scum-hunting techniques to me as they did to all the lynched and trapped dead town, and hope that maybe this time they got it right.

THAT is insanity.

Actually, as far as "techniques" go, I have seen a steady stream of 'I have nothing to really prove this person is scum except deceptive lies that I made up and ignorance of the facts so lynch them or your cult"

I was wrong about Vic, and more than likely wrong about Mazzy or even you, but at least I thought of the possibilities openly and dealt with the "no that's stupid because it's impossible" routine that was laid on everything i suggested. I wish more focus was put on the people collaborating together with no consequence.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 05:17 AM
@Keldorn : Someone finally making sensible posts about people! I think Shar-teel is converted, which is sad since, although I didn't agree with her opinions much, I still got a strong sense of town in her until today.

We are going to be ok if I go to the puzzle tonight. This solution is good and I can bring us proper clues. I want to at least accomplish that before the sanctum opens and I am more vulnerable.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 05:23 AM
Branwen, I don't know why do you want to go, given your role. It hardly makes sense to me.

Guys, I revealed myself to make sure we get sure clue tonight, how about we do something about it?

FM Anomen
September 1st, 2013, 05:25 AM
I volunteer

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 05:57 AM
Btw, I confirm all chat claimers so far, but I find it weird that Quayle decided to bus Anomen and Cernd. I think it would be obvious to drive yourself, right? Yet, he chose two not-so-townie players. Anomen has been trolling hard and Cernd acts like an Antagonist (he concentrates only on Mazzy since d1, completely ignores other leads).

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 06:37 AM
What role did branwen claim? Is she another doctor?

FM Haer-Dalis
September 1st, 2013, 06:47 AM
Player List:
FM Anomen
FM Imoen
FM Haer-Dalis
FM Coran
FM Khalid
FM Cernd
FM Kivan
FM Aerie
FM Keldorn
FM Kagain
FM Branwen

Is it just me or wasn't Ajantis on our list?

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 06:50 AM
He was! Well, I hoped he was removed from this chat before we started to talk seriously.

And yes, Branwen claimed Cleric. Kinda weird because it was totally unprovoked during n1 and had little sense. That's why she shouldn't volunteer - if our volunteer (me;) ) will die you will know she lies.

FM Haer-Dalis
September 1st, 2013, 06:51 AM
Btw, I confirm all chat claimers so far, but I find it weird that Quayle decided to bus Anomen and Cernd. I think it would be obvious to drive yourself, right? Yet, he chose two not-so-townie players. Anomen has been trolling hard and Cernd acts like an Antagonist (he concentrates only on Mazzy since d1, completely ignores other leads).

You can't really say anything about Quayle. If he gets culted we will know since no one will get bussed anymore. Then every day we should just watching and see who he claims to have bussed. If it is 2 scummy people then he is using his cult to still confirm himself most likely.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 06:53 AM
You can't really say anything about Quayle. If he gets culted we will know since no one will get bussed anymore. Then every day we should just watching and see who he claims to have bussed. If it is 2 scummy people then he is using his cult to still confirm himself most likely.

It would actually be good if he gets culted becouse then he will be forced to say that he bussed his allies. It will be easier to find them then.

FM Haer-Dalis
September 1st, 2013, 06:54 AM
He was! Well, I hoped he was removed from this chat before we started to talk seriously.

And yes, Branwen claimed Cleric. Kinda weird because it was totally unprovoked during n1 and had little sense. That's why she shouldn't volunteer - if our volunteer (me;) ) will die you will know she lies.

So we lost Coran and Ajantis from this chat. I know Coran was able to read our starting posts.

FM Ferengi
September 1st, 2013, 06:56 AM
This chat had 1 player too many, so Ajantis was moved to another.

FM Haer-Dalis
This chat had 1 player too many, so Ajantis was moved to another.

Oh ok. Is Coran still here then?

FM Ferengi

He is.

FM Haer-Dalis
September 1st, 2013, 06:57 AM
Oh, screw it. I can't be converted anyway because it would be obvious. I can't be killed because scums like my ability. I made myself scummy right before end of the day (with great help of Viconia) so I won't be targeted by scums another puzzle locations.

Heartwarder here.

Even if I die by a trap we will know Branwen lied.
Is it worth it though trading the Heartwarder for 1 cult?

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 07:02 AM
Well, we should risk someone and since we are close to the right answer I think we should send someone...confirmable. We don't want another Mazzy-Safana-Viconia speculation.

FM Haer-Dalis
September 1st, 2013, 07:04 AM
Well, we should risk someone and since we are close to the right answer I think we should send someone...confirmable. We don't want another Mazzy-Safana-Viconia speculation.

So far no one has been Fos'ing me. I can go. If I die then I get my lw and hopefully town listens to it and gets Yeslick after Mazzy. Also It isn't going to be much of a loss if I die. If I live then I either get a clue or not and we can go along the day lynching Mazzy and then the other cults.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 07:04 AM
I wonder if like half the town is going to be doused by bhaalspawns tomorrow since there are no bhaalspawn kills yet.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 07:07 AM
The bhaalspawns are probably going to wait untill the other bhaalspawns have lost their immunity befeore they ignite.

FM Haer-Dalis
September 1st, 2013, 07:07 AM
The bhaalspawns are probably going to wait untill the other bhaalspawns have lost their immunity befeore they ignite.

Unless a nice one just burns Mazzy down for us if that part was true.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 07:12 AM
FM Haer-Dalis If he dies then we will know that branwen is a scum.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM

At this point I won't confirm or deny I am a Cleric. I think you should all refer to Keldorn's inference about me tonight, and Kivan to prove your role you have to sell out 2 people who are warded together, which could mean a prophet getting 2 converts tonight because you gave them up. Or the possibility that you have 2 cultist friends in the room who would confirm for you. (That said, although possible I don't think it probable)

I would suggest you keep doing your thing and stay a little low on the radar for now. Send me tonight and I can make alot more sense to you guys tomorrow when I reveal the clue. I am getting very frustrated with all of the commotion of "possible scummy targets" and all of them thus far flipping town, we have to stop the streak and get this damn sanctum open.

I know I am fine until sanctum opens, and I am confident in the answer. Cult won't waste their time trying to recruit me, and Bhaalspawn may try to deter me from providing the clue tonight, but it's doubtful any action will stop me from posting it.

These are things that can be almost unanimously guaranteed regardless of a proven role or not, due to how I have been perceived the past few days.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM
Aerie, may I ask why do you prefer Haer-Dalis over me? From what I understand Haer-Dalis can't confirm himself and we have no proof that he isn't already culted.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 07:24 AM
Even if Mazzy is scum (which more than likely she is), I think the bhaalspawn feedback was real. Which means at least one bhaalspawn is actively trying to deter the sanctum from opening to keep immunity. Their being very cautious as to what actions they take, and tonight and tomorrow are the most important to make sure things go as right as possible.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 07:25 AM
are you a bhaalspawn then? since you are claiming to be immune.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 07:27 AM
Aerie, may I ask why do you prefer Haer-Dalis over me? From what I understand Haer-Dalis can't confirm himself and we have no proof that he isn't already culted.

haer-dalis doesn't want the heartwarden to be killed by a puzzle trap and he kinda soft claimed explorer. I also don't trust branwen to heal you and i am unsure that your solution is the right one.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 07:27 AM
are you a bhaalspawn then? since you are claiming to be immune.

I won't confirm or deny anything tonight. I am all for the town victory though, and I have done what I can so far to help and scum hunt to the best of my ability, as well as tried to look at things from all angles instead of just pointing a damning finger.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 07:28 AM
Ok, fine, I'll give you more info. One of the united ones is here, other one is Quayle (you can use this to see if he lies about his claim). Since Quayle claimed Illusionist he will have means to protect himself AND my other target. If Quayle is already culted it doesn't matter since we won't lose extra Townie tonight.

I don't want to reveal my target during night (well, maybe during last 2 hours when night actions are locked), but I wouldn't make shit up to get one clue.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 07:30 AM
Also: unless my other target has been culted, we can use him to pass message to Quayle and protect me. Cult can't respond with culting Quayle because it will be visible and we would know identity of 2 cult members.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 07:32 AM
I think branwen is the student, lol

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 07:32 AM
Ok, fine, I'll give you more info. One of the united ones is here, other one is Quayle (you can use this to see if he lies about his claim). Since Quayle claimed Illusionist he will have means to protect himself AND my other target. If Quayle is already culted it doesn't matter since we won't lose extra Townie tonight.

I don't want to reveal my target during night (well, maybe during last 2 hours when night actions are locked), but I wouldn't make shit up to get one clue.

they only have to target Quayle to get a possible 2 player conversion tonight. And cult knows the list of their group so far, which still leads a possibility that you are cult proposing cult members to prove your role. You play a dangerous game.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 07:35 AM
they only have to target Quayle to get a possible 2 player conversion tonight. And cult knows the list of their group so far, which still leads a possibility that you are cult proposing cult members to prove your role. You play a dangerous game.

That's why the job of my other target is to make him swap himself and protecting both of them.

I can claim Heartwarden in the day chat if you want. If someone denies me you can lynch me.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 07:36 AM
That's why the job of my other target is to make him swap himself and protecting both of them.

I can claim Heartwarden in the day chat if you want. If someone denies me you can lynch me.

The last thing we need is another town claim up for a lynch. What we need is the sanctum opened.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 07:37 AM
I think after tonight, we can have reasonable clues to get a good chance per player of opening the sanctum.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 07:37 AM
Also if I am Cult and Quayle is my cult buddy, we would have to reveal 4 of our buddies per day to maintain this charade. You think this is likely?

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 07:40 AM
The last thing we need is another town claim up for a lynch. What we need is the sanctum opened.

I agree, that's why we don't want to second-guess our clues. And that's my reason for revealing because the timing is perfect: I can prove myself during night, I managed to make myself scummy at the very end of the day, by overracting to Viconia's accusations, so Cult Leader in another chat won't convert me; and my role makes me basically unrecruitable.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 07:40 AM
Also if I am Cult and Quayle is my cult buddy, we would have to reveal 4 of our buddies per day to maintain this charade. You think this is likely?

No, but I would rather not risk so many names out there tomorrow connected. What if Quayle is roleblocked? Then everything falls apart and you are screwed. Which I think would be likely with the claim.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 07:42 AM
Quayle can't be roleblocked, read OoO. Swaps comes before roleblock.

Don't worry,I thought about this. Perhaps you don't have confidence in your ability to keep me alive tonight?

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 07:45 AM
Quayle can't be roleblocked, read OoO. Swaps comes before roleblock.

Don't worry,I thought about this. Perhaps you don't have confidence in your ability to keep me alive tonight?

Another possibly good point. I can't be converted, I will claim that much. But my night action won't be used on you tonight, I can claim that as well.

I am not trying to be a bad guy here. I am trying to do the best interests for the town while also preserving my own survivability a night or two more at least. Tonight's clue validation is most important to me because it could get the sanctum opened faster than the cult can recruit.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 07:47 AM
Another possibly good point. I can't be converted, I will claim that much. But my night action won't be used on you tonight, I can claim that as well.

Not even when I become a volunteer?

FM Branwen
I can be killed, but there are more interesting players with roles out that would be targeted before me the next couple of nights. I have more survivability than you at this point.

If we do what you suggest, it could come down to another day of a tiebreaker lynch, and that has been frustrating as hell since we started this whole thing.

FM Branwen
Not even when I become a volunteer?

Sorry, no. My night action is reserved for something else tonight.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 07:49 AM

I am not trying to be a bad guy here. I am trying to do the best interests for the town while also preserving my own survivability a night or two more at least. Tonight's clue validation is most important to me because it could get the sanctum opened faster than the cult can recruit.

So your not a cleric and you can't get converted. I hope you are the mason leader.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 07:49 AM
Sorry, no. My night action is reserved for something else tonight.

Very interesting.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 07:50 AM
So your not a cleric and you can't get converted. I hope you are the mason leader.

She claimed Cleric before.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 07:50 AM

I am glad someone has some hope still left after the mess the past couple of days. Ajantis' comments today were a big let-down to me. If she flips town later on, she should be reproached for her attitude.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 07:51 AM
She claimed Cleric before.

If she was a cleric then she wouldn't mind healing you. There isn't really anyone else that could be attacked tonight, Unless she has access to the other puzzle group.

FM Keldorn
September 1st, 2013, 07:52 AM
Thank you, but I'm kinda busy today. I'll try to chime in here and there.

Unlike Faldorn who attacked Viconia based on her clues, you actually jumped to Mazzy's defense as early as day 2. You are the player in my list that shifted through the most roles in my notes: Spy - Lunatic/Jester - Explorer - Cultist.

Cult can't respond with culting Quayle because it will be visible and we would know identity of 2 cult members.
How so? If the Prophet is in this puzzle chat and the decision is made openly, how would this expose any Cultist? In addition to that the Illusionist becomes an Arcane Trickster that can fake the swapped feedback. Driving "self" and someone else (getting fake feedback) can keep this covered nearly indefinitely.
I don't think the decision should be made openly.

I think after tonight, we can have reasonable clues to get a good chance per player of opening the sanctum.
I pretty sure that at least one of the puzzles will be solved. However I'm not so sure if that will be enough to solve the main puzzle.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 07:53 AM
Can someone explains to me why Mason Leader should claim Cleric? Because that way she only guarantees she won't be targeted by Cult, which would be little bit weird for ML.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 07:55 AM
Why should anyone claim cleric at all without any reason to do so?

FM Coran
September 1st, 2013, 07:57 AM

Yes I'm still there ^^

I just have not much time to spend here. I do what I can.
It's not a big loss since I don't have anything to add to this conversation right now that would be useful.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 07:58 AM
Can someone explains to me why Mason Leader should claim Cleric? Because that way she only guarantees she won't be targeted by Cult, which would be little bit weird for ML.

Why would anyone even bring up another Harper with one Harper claim on the table? That would put both at immediate risk. The other Harper claim survives until the other harper is found, to stop any attempt at recruitment.

Please stop guessing at my role. I am not convertable, I have a night action, I am sided with town. I am not a worthwhile target for cultist attempt, I am not a worthwhile target for a kill until sanctum is open. Please leave it be.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 08:00 AM
Well, Keldorn, remember you got me. If Quayle will become Arcane Trickster he can't lie because his heart-chat buddy will know he wasn't swapped. I guess I could be cult with Quayle but then our feedbacks will start to look way too similar and we would be exposed very soon.

But yeah, decision whether Quayle should swap me with someone OR himself, his partner and someone else should not be made public. WIFOM.

Either way Cult should be way too afraid to target Quayle or me because of our easily confirmable roles.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 08:00 AM
That would go for any other suspicions of harper to other players. That is just wreckless suggestions and could eliminate Harpers completely. You should try to protect a suspected harper wiithout blatant posts.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 08:12 AM
I was during n1 Branwen. I'm pretty sure I know your role now.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 08:15 AM
I was during n1 Branwen. I'm pretty sure I know your role now.

If you are sure of my role, then do I have your blessing to attempt this puzzle?

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 08:17 AM
If you are sure of my role, then do I have your blessing to attempt this puzzle?

Nope. I still want to volunteer.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 08:20 AM
Then the rest of the group can decide. If there wasn't so much involved in your suggestion, I would say fine. Some or both of your wards could be corrupted, I just can't accept that as the best solution.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 08:26 AM
Perhaps we should think about which is better.

OR

“we who” “revel” “in” “your shadow” “swear” “to strike” “fear” “in” “the heart” “of” “our mark” “before” “their liquid” “life” “flows” “from” “their husk” “so” “when” “their end” “comes” “they” “shall know” “the deed” “was done” “in” “bhaal’s name”

OR MAYBE

“we who” “revel” “in” “your shadow” “swear” “to strike” “fear” “in” “the heart” “of” “our mark” “so” “when” “their liquid” “life” “flows” “from” “their husk” “they” “shall know” “the deed” “was done” “in” “bhaal’s name” “before” “their end” “comes”

I think I like the second one a little bit more, because it makes us think that that last thought their victim has is about Bhaal. The first one kinda suggest that victim is bleeding out and thinks about something, which doesn't sound right in my opinion.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 08:28 AM
Then the rest of the group can decide. If there wasn't so much involved in your suggestion, I would say fine. Some or both of your wards could be corrupted, I just can't accept that as the best solution.

You forget that I can always announce my target before sending my action. Then Illusionist can swap him to prevent conversion.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 08:41 AM
Perhaps we should think about which is better.

OR

OR MAYBE

I think I like the second one a little bit more, because it makes us think that that last thought their victim has is about Bhaal. The first one kinda suggest that victim is bleeding out and thinks about something, which doesn't sound right in my opinion.

There should be fear before blood-letting, if the mark is to know that it was bhaal's followers that did it. I am certain about the usage of before because it seperates the two actions from each other, while the other one is a bit off when it tries to meld them together at once. It's a statement, you will fear me, then you will die; not you will die while fearing me.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 08:51 AM
@Kivan: I may not agree with your plan for the night, but if anyone is going to go it should be you or me. I would nominate Keldorn and Aerie to be the mediators and scum-hunters of the discussion about the results from our puzzle and the volunteer tomorrow. This would give us a better stance when trying to determine the facts from any deception.

And I hope you aren't killed tonight, since a lynch is useless as long as you can keep proving yourself and a conversion would be a waste. Something bad would have to happen to you at night :/

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 08:52 AM
That said, please take the time today to put your reads in your last will, and updated so far.

FM Keldorn
September 1st, 2013, 10:09 AM
Honestly, I would like neither of you to die in a puzzle trap. I believe that we have the means to handle a scummy target solving the puzzle.

On another note: Could we try to set up a communication network as suggested on day 2 by Valygar but with Quayle at the heart of it instead of the "Duke". The Duke is a worse secret holder than the Illusionist anyway as there is no way to tell if he was culted or not. Quayle would have to sell out another Cultist with each night he wants to keep up the charade if he gets culted. In addition to that Quayle can protect himself by swapping self.
As the Cult has currently no means of communication we can even introduce some kind of protocol that makes it nearly impossible to hide that he was converted. We can do the same for Kivan. That should make them rather unattractive targets.
I also think that now that Kivan is revealed that Quayle should be made aware of his identity.

FM Anomen
September 1st, 2013, 10:12 AM
Can we all agree:

Any mention of what has been claimed in this room by anyone other than claimers themselves is grounds for immediate lynching?

We can be sure that no one has a night chat yet except heart warders targets, jailor and captive, and master student. If anyone posts ANYTHING that alludes to branwen and kivan claims, or posts jibberish that can be construed as a code, they should be lynched then and there.

FM Kagain
September 1st, 2013, 10:18 AM
Sorz for inactivity in here but been busy. I have said this twice and will say it again, if you guys are unsure send me. I rather not risk tprs to traps unless if we know for 100% we are right. I Think we should be careful on what we say in here as well. Knowing the hosts and to keep a balance, they would probably have 1-2 scums (cult/spawn prob), 1-2 prs, and then mixture of rest. If you like I can be a martyr for heartwarmer and "talk" in you steed on what you want to relay without you directly saying it. I have to go but I will be trying to check in. If we can't agree on who to send, I volunteer myself as a meat shield again the traps we are wrong.

FM Keldorn
September 1st, 2013, 10:33 AM
Can we all agree:
Any mention of what has been claimed in this room by anyone other than claimers themselves is grounds for immediate lynching?
I can agree on that.

We can be sure that no one has a night chat yet except heart warders targets, jailor and captive, and master student. If anyone posts ANYTHING that alludes to branwen and kivan claims, or posts jibberish that can be construed as a code, they should be lynched then and there.
I can't see the problem here. To make use of a code, one needs to have a chat beforehand to set it up. As you correctly pointed out only Heartwarder/Jailor/Student chats exist so far. None of which are an issue for our current situation. Heartwarder will always consist of at least one Adventurer - at least if Kivan plans to keep uniting Quayle. Jailor is a town-only role. Student and Master have their recurring night chat and no need for a code anyway.

I would be okay with sending Kagain.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 10:35 AM
Well, I'm fine with this plan. I've already used Quayle twice (previously with Minsc) so if he isn't culted that plan should be good.

Btw, I think I'll claim during the day as well. Right now I'm playing as Townie so I won't mind if my future Cult self will be instantaneously lynched but I think we will profit more from me not being culted;)

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM
Just please let know Quayle of this plan. I find his last night action really suspicious. If my target will not acknowledge swapping than we will know that Quayle lied.

FM Kagain
September 1st, 2013, 10:40 AM
Just please let know Quayle of this plan. I find his last night action really suspicious. If my target will not acknowledge swapping than we will know that Quayle lied.

I would wait then to see if the target claims swap before saying you are heart. If he is cult maybe we can catch them in the act, if you claim heart early then the person would know to probably claim swapped.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 10:58 AM
Well, the other target is here so I bet he will claim being swapped. I just would like Quayle to swap someone who he didn't target left (so no Valygar, Korgan, Aerie, Anomen or Cernd). That way we either catch him in the lie or find out another Cult member if he is one.

FM Cernd
September 1st, 2013, 11:11 AM
Cernd acts like an Antagonist (he concentrates only on Mazzy since d1, completely ignores other leads).
What "leads"?
Mazzy is scum. I won't target someone else just because you're too dumb to lynch her.

On Quayle. I don't even know why he swapped me with Anomen.
If anything, I thought he would swap me with Mazzy, since I asked the Bhaalspawns to kill her. lol

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 12:16 PM
If that's the case, then why would she claim something that did not fit the pairing you said she belonged to? Seems like it would've been much easier for her to survive if she had just agreed with you.

Anomen, I am still waiting on your response to this.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 12:21 PM
Anomen is a scum, there is no way that he could be town.

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM
What "leads"?
Mazzy is scum. I won't target someone else just because you're too dumb to lynch her.

On Quayle. I don't even know why he swapped me with Anomen.
If anything, I thought he would swap me with Mazzy, since I asked the Bhaalspawns to kill her. lol

I trust Cernd. If nothing else, I am certain he is not aligned with lady Mazzy, who I believe to in the Cult of Bhaal. So even if he is not an adventurer, he may coexist with us. Though if he was a bhaalspawn, I doubt he would be so intent on eliminating Mazzy, seeing as he could then also coexist with the Cult. So I deem him harper or adventurer. In either case, we have nothing to fear from him.

FM Keldorn
September 1st, 2013, 12:37 PM
I think this could work:
Somebody, probably Kivan if he plans to reveal anyway, informs the rest of the Adventurers tomorrow that a communication network is being set up.
This consists of Kivan always uniting Quayle with another target that he deems valuable for this purpose. Quayle would then collect the role claim and set up a code to communicate with the other player. Quayle will always finish off the night by swapping himself with somebody nobody else is aware of (especially not the one united with him).
Safety protocol: The following day Kivan and Quayle will post a code with their target. In Kivan's case it's the one united with Quayle, in Quayle's case the one he swapped himself with. Kivan and Quayle may never reveal their target on their own or even hint at it, but they can ask it to reveal itself - in which case it should comply. Only if their target fails to respond to/ignores the request for a prolonged period of time may they reveal it. Incurring consequences are to be expected.
The Adventurers may ask for proof on the swap. In which case Quayle's target has to reveal and Quayle has to decode his target. If they match all is well.
If they don't Kivan's target has to reveal as well and be compared to Kivan's decoded target. That way it is made sure that Kivan wasn't culted as well.
It is possible that Quayle manages to his the fact that he was converted for one night. This is only the case if he was united with a fellow Cultist after his conversion. But this will become apparent the day after and both Cultists will be revealed.
The security above relies on the cult having no night chat. Kivan and Quayle have to encode targets that don't know that they are supposed to have been swapped/united. That way it will be easily apparent if the target is fabricated.

Quayle shall immediately point out if he isn't united with somebody. This is to be treated as a confirmed culting of Kivan or a lie on Quayle's part (resulting from a culting).
The one united with Quayle shall immediately point out if he wasn't swapped. This is to be treated as a confirmed culting of Quayle or a lie on the part of the one united with him (confirmed non-Adventurer).

Quayle can protect himself on his own and we will know if the information gets compromised. As such Quayle should be trusted and entrusted with your actual roles. Discrepancies will come back at you. Feel free to discuss your upcoming strategies with him or devise custom codes that suit your purpose.

FM Khalid
September 1st, 2013, 01:10 PM
Wow, a lot has happened in the past while since I last checked in!

“we who” “revel” “in” “your shadow” “swear” “to strike” “fear” “in” “the heart” “of” “our mark” “before” “their liquid” “life” “flows” “from” “their husk” “so” “when” “their end” “comes” “they” “shall know” “the deed” “was done” “in” “bhaal’s name”

I like this proposal the most also, as it really does push they know Bhaal has done it before they bleed out. Mark being victim.

I had a guess that maybe shadow meant that a Bhaalspawn was present, but it seems to work fine with the current wording, which doesn't imply Bhaalspawn, so no worries.

Also, I'm a little wary about the reveals that have just occurred. It's a dangerous game to play with heartwarder revealed, especially when bus driver did a very strange action yesterday and thus cannot be ensured as town. Kivan claims it's easy to confirm he is cult and lynch him if targeted, but keep in mind if he unites with someone and is culted, 2 people join the cult correct? Even if we know for sure Kivan is cult, that's still a net gain for the cult from 2 losses from town, and 1 gain for the cult size, including a lynching saved specifically for culted Kivan. So it's arguably a nice move for the cult to do so, plus the earlier they do it the earlier they crash this communication network in its infancy.

Kivan, your words heavily imply you are not united with Quayle. In all honesty if I were the prophet I would consider culting you tonight as it sounds like your conversion at this time is certain. You should have united yourself with Quayle if you really think he is still the bus driver...

FM Keldorn
September 1st, 2013, 01:18 PM
Kivan, your words heavily imply you are not united with Quayle.
His claim implies he is not united with Quayle. You made the same mistake (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/22680-Day-3-Lies-and-Deceit?p=369978&viewfull=1#post369978) at the end of day 3. Makes me wonder if you are trying to mislead...
Also if Kivan get culted, only Kivan gets culted and nobody else. If the ones united get culted, both of them get culted. Quayle will most likely swap himself though. That makes it hard for the Prophet to hit the right target.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 01:25 PM
Ok, how our code should look like? I doubt Cespenar will allow us to use external site and simple codes like Ceasar Cipher can be easily cracked.

It also bother me a little that our network will concentrate on Quayle because so far...how should I put it...he didn't play well. He didn't know roleblock doesn't work on him and revealed his swaps too early and after revealing he didn't even bus himself. I hope my target will educate him properly in heart chat.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 01:30 PM
Before someone wastes time on analyzing me:

- My overraction on Viconia's accusations was deliberate and had on purpose to make me look as scummiest as possible, because I was afraid I look too townie at this point.
- I claimed an Explorer few times in many not-so-subtle ways.
- I also often called my role Heartseeker to make others think that I don't really know much about it.

I did all of this to avoid being target by Cult. Just wanted to state this to avoid possible future accusations (if someone thinks that cult would claim scuh role)

FM Keldorn
September 1st, 2013, 01:43 PM
The codes are up to you. I don't think we can fix them once and for all. Not with the means available.
That means it's your responsibility to make them as hard to crack as possible, while still being unique.
Example:
powowmuxztvrxeogvsxyvrtkaknikkixfbjcyzhcuunhgdm

I used a vigenere cipher for this.
The passphrase: "Thisisjustanexampleforaratherdifficultcode"
The encoded message: "whowouldhavethoughtthattargethasathingforquayle"

There are no redundant information and the message makes clear that target was targeted.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 01:50 PM
Is above code alright with the rules?

I know there are online tools for this so it won't be too hard.

FM Khalid
September 1st, 2013, 01:54 PM
His claim implies he is not united with Quayle. You made the same mistake (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/22680-Day-3-Lies-and-Deceit?p=369978&viewfull=1#post369978) at the end of day 3. Makes me wonder if you are trying to mislead...
Also if Kivan get culted, only Kivan gets culted and nobody else. If the ones united get culted, both of them get culted. Quayle will most likely swap himself though. That makes it hard for the Prophet to hit the right target.

Sorry I don't follow. Isn't that exactly what I said?

FM Khalid
My puzzle chat from last night, word of God said vigenere cipher was alright

FM Kivan
Ok, I like this plan is simple and efficient. I'm just afraid that Cult may want to sacrifice one recruitment just to get me and destroy this system. Oh well, even if I die as Cult, remember I tried to help us:D

Khalid, I can't target myself. Otherwise it would be imba.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 02:01 PM
Btw, since we have 2 people in different puzzle rooms we can try to guess Satyr's riddle, because maybe Quayle is there:P

FM Khalid
September 1st, 2013, 02:02 PM
Ok, I like this plan is simple and efficient. I'm just afraid that Cult may want to sacrifice one recruitment just to get me and destroy this system. Oh well, even if I die as Cult, remember I tried to help us:D

Khalid, I can't target myself. Otherwise it would be imba.

Oh, mega derp on my part. Well I'm going to carefully reread the setup next time I want to mention any type of mechanics.

FM Khalid
September 1st, 2013, 02:03 PM
Is Quayle in Satyr's puzzle then or in the new puzzle?

Whoever is heartwarded with Quayle, if Quayle agrees to swap him/you guys with someone else, they could reveal themselves and we could just get cross-puzzle chatting going if useful

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 02:09 PM
No, no, no revealing here. Let's practice our safety system. Although it's kinda useless today, because 2nd target has more knowledge than Quayle:P

FM Cernd
September 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM
I trust Cernd. If nothing else, I am certain he is not aligned with lady Mazzy, who I believe to in the Cult of Bhaal. So even if he is not an adventurer, he may coexist with us. Though if he was a bhaalspawn, I doubt he would be so intent on eliminating Mazzy, seeing as he could then also coexist with the Cult. So I deem him harper or adventurer. In either case, we have nothing to fear from him.

Get the hell out with your logic. There's no place for that in this game.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 02:14 PM
Btw, do we have to send solution 2 hour before end of the night? We should vote our volunteer as late as possible.

I have another idea. We should send as volunteer someone who has time to be here when the day opens. That way faking convincing clue will be extremely hard. How about this?

Who can be here in 1 day and ~3 hours from now?

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 02:29 PM
Im going to be here when the night ends.

FM Cernd
September 1st, 2013, 02:45 PM
It's funny how Edwin was lynched for the whole "allowing the cult to get 9 members" thing, and now it seems like not only the cult will reach 9 members without problems, but the town will have like 10 less members among its ranks by the time the inner sanctum opens up.

Cosidering thw current situation, it wouldn't have been that bad of an idea to just skip everyday until it automatically opened up and then start this a a setup with 9 starting cultists.

inb4 someone quotes me there to try and derail tomorrow's train on Mazzy.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure I trust you Aerie. Mazzy was sure thing to be lynched and you decided to suddenly step up with some kind of "clue" which let you know that Mazzy is Cult. What did you suspect Mazzy is again, a beguiler? Anyway, this is very easy to earn town points for Cult when you know your buddy is going to be lynched.

Yesternight you didn't post a single solution.

I won't vote you.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 02:48 PM
Cernd, I actually started to consider such scenario too! Cult will have tomorrow 7-8 members, by lynching Mazzy we help them to rise this limit.

FM Cernd
September 1st, 2013, 02:56 PM
It's useless at this point.
Blood has been shed. I must see Mazzy hanging by the neck before I die.

At this point, it will require no more mislynching or townies dying to the traps, plus the help of bhaalspawns, if the town wants to stand a chance.

Unless the mods want to give me a 9-shoot gun that I can empty overnight.

FM Haer-Dalis
September 1st, 2013, 03:15 PM
Btw, do we have to send solution 2 hour before end of the night? We should vote our volunteer as late as possible.

I have another idea. We should send as volunteer someone who has time to be here when the day opens. That way faking convincing clue will be extremely hard. How about this?

Who can be here in 1 day and ~3 hours from now?

I should be able to be on when the day starts. Plus I don't want to risk pr's lives which is why I can volunteer.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure I trust you Aerie. Mazzy was sure thing to be lynched and you decided to suddenly step up with some kind of "clue" which let you know that Mazzy is Cult. What did you suspect Mazzy is again, a beguiler? Anyway, this is very easy to earn town points for Cult when you know your buddy is going to be lynched.

Yesternight you didn't post a single solution.

I won't vote you.

Then i wont be here when the night ends if that makes you happier. What makes you think i want to ''volunteer''? Im far too valuable for that.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 03:24 PM
Anyway, you are scummy. I may be fine with Haer-Dalis, but Kagain has a lower chance to be converted. I don't trust Imoen for the same reason as Aerie - it would be way too easy for scum to be sure that Mazzy is scum and earn town points by arguing lynch for her.

I also trust Keldorn, but I don't know how I feel about letting one person hold all the clues.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 03:27 PM
Anyway, you are scummy. I may be fine with Haer-Dalis, but Kagain has a lower chance to be converted. I don't trust Imoen for the same reason as Aerie - it would be way too easy for scum to be sure that Mazzy is scum and earn town points by arguing lynch for her.

I also trust Keldorn, but I don't know how I feel about letting one person hold all the clues.

Your just saying that becouse your one of the bad players that voted on viconia. Some people are simply smarter then others, it doesn't make them into scums.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 03:48 PM
And you are one of the bad players who voted Edwin. So we have a draw. But at least I tried solve this goddamn riddle yesternight.

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 03:55 PM
If no consensus can be reached on anyone else, I will go.

FM Aerie
September 1st, 2013, 04:03 PM
If no consensus can be reached on anyone else, I will go.

We tried to derail the lynch train on viconia so we can't be trusted with that task.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 04:26 PM
I will be available on night end, as well as hours after.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 04:28 PM
We tried to derail the lynch train on viconia so we can't be trusted with that task.

Anyone trying to derail either Mazzy or Viconia yesterday doesn't prove any trust or distrust. One of them had to go, and ultimately we lost an explorer (r.i.p) so although bad to lynch townie, at least Viconia got something done for us.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 04:31 PM
I don't mind that you tried to derail the lynch - the thing is you didn't even consider Viconia as scummy, when almost every other player was on the fence. This can only mean two things - either you are cult or you are PR with some kind of valuable feedback.

Aerie didn't vote Mazzy on d2 and checking her on n3 would be useless since Mazzy could easily confirm herself. Since Aerie claimed to have some kind of proof of Mazzy's scumminess her possible role is limited to 4-5 Town/Neutral roles. I really wonder which one is it, but let's save it for later.

Imoen was very townie read for the first two days, but on d3 she completely changed as Valygar correctly pointed out in his #309. I don't mind how scummy or stupid Faldorn is, her arguments were valid but Imoen decided to completely ignore them for the majority of the day, something which is hardly a Town behavior.

So I don't trust you completely guys and it should be easy to understand why;)

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 04:32 PM
Anyone trying to derail either Mazzy or Viconia yesterday doesn't prove any trust or distrust. One of them had to go, and ultimately we lost an explorer (r.i.p) so although bad to lynch townie, at least Viconia got something done for us.

Killing her accomplished nothing that killing Mazzy wouldn't have accomplished, and Mazzy was by far the worse of the two. So forgive me if I don't see it this way.

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 04:40 PM
I don't mind that you tried to derail the lynch - the thing is you didn't even consider Viconia as scummy, when almost every other player was on the fence. This can only mean two things - either you are cult or you are PR with some kind of valuable feedback.

Aerie didn't vote Mazzy on d2 and checking her on n3 would be useless since Mazzy could easily confirm herself. Since Aerie claimed to have some kind of proof of Mazzy's scumminess her possible role is limited to 4-5 Town/Neutral roles. I really wonder which one is it, but let's save it for later.

Imoen was very townie read for the first two days, but on d3 she completely changed as Valygar correctly pointed out in his #309. I don't mind how scummy or stupid Faldorn is, her arguments were valid but Imoen decided to completely ignore them for the majority of the day, something which is hardly a Town behavior.

I ignored Faldorn because his words had no substance. Everyone saw colors and assumed that it meant something, but it did not. If anyone had looked seriously at his argument, or at my counter argument, they would have seen that it was very trivial to change the colors and make the opposite argument. And more importantly than that, I was right. Viconia is an adventurer (as I predicted), she gave us the correct clue (as I stated was the case many times), and Mazzy is an evil liar (which I also stated many times). My behavior changed because my old behavior was not getting through to anyone, so I tried something different. In the end, that failed as well, but I do not regret trying. I care not what you think of me. My actions have been vindicated.

FM Branwen
September 1st, 2013, 05:10 PM

Post more, this is exactly what I was talking about with the Mazzy/Viconia lynch. All the right lynches for all the wrong reasons.

@Imoen: I suspected you of being cult because of your behavior during the lynching. You and others also "changed" their behavior to suit the group near the end.

FM Cernd
September 1st, 2013, 05:18 PM
I don't mind how scummy or stupid Faldorn is, her arguments were valid

lol, no. His argument was that Viconia's feedback was fake, since Mazzy's was correct.
He (and pretty much everyone else) decided to ignore the fact that Mazzy admitted that she faked her feedback.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 05:20 PM
lol, no. His argument was that Viconia's feedback was fake, since Mazzy's was correct.
He (and pretty much everyone else) decided to ignore the fact that Mazzy admitted that she faked her feedback.

Nope. Faldorn claimed that Viconia faked her clue, not that Mazzy clue is correct. We weren't sure if Mazzy is telling the truth, but we were almost certain that Viconia lied.

FM Cernd
September 1st, 2013, 05:23 PM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/22680-Day-3-Lies-and-Deceit?p=368890&viewfull=1#post368890

You were saying...?

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 05:23 PM
Post more, this is exactly what I was talking about with the Mazzy/Viconia lynch. All the right lynches for all the wrong reasons.

@Imoen: I suspected you of being cult because of your behavior during the lynching. You and others also "changed" their behavior to suit the group near the end.

I defended an adventurer and pushed for the death of someone I believe to be in the Cult. If I am cult, I certainly have a funny way of showing it. I don't see how my behavior "changed near the end". My views have been consistent.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 05:28 PM
http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/22680-Day-3-Lies-and-Deceit?p=368890&viewfull=1#post368890

You were saying...?

Oh ok^^ Well, Faldorn was wrong then, but her argument was still valid. I never thought that Mazzy is innocent, but I was nearly certain that this clue is faked.

FM Kivan
September 1st, 2013, 05:31 PM
I defended an adventurer and pushed for the death of someone I believe to be in the Cult. If I am cult, I certainly have a funny way of showing it. I don't see how my behavior "changed near the end". My views have been consistent.

The thing is it doesn't prove you aren't cult. Mazzy was sure to die yesterday or day after that. Cult could easily grasp this opportunity to suddenly claim being "almost confirmed" Town who were the only voices of truth when lynching innocent Viconia.

So I'm going to ignore your statemtn because if you are Cult then entire yesterday was meant to give us exactly that argument.

FM Khalid
September 1st, 2013, 05:32 PM
Does that increase the chance Safana faked her clue? We're positive Viconia did not alter the clue for reasons that cannot be understood, correct? Hopefully any mortician/ritualist we have checks her body just in case.

In all honesty I saw some credence to the idea that a clue had been faked due to the conflicts between Safana/Viconia. I would suggest watching Safana carefully in the ongoing days.

FM Khalid
September 1st, 2013, 05:33 PM
The thing is it doesn't prove you aren't cult. Mazzy was sure to die yesterday or day after that. Cult could easily grasp this opportunity to suddenly claim being "almost confirmed" Town who were the only voices of truth when lynching innocent Viconia.

So I'm going to ignore your statemtn because if you are Cult then entire yesterday was meant to give us exactly that argument.

It's a cult game, cult could arguably go convert anyone who is trusted as "town." At least with confirmable town we can repeat confirmation.

FM Cernd
September 1st, 2013, 05:37 PM
Mazzy:
- Scummy since her first post.
- The player who replaced in didn't even read d1.
- Her defense has consisted of nothing but OMGUS bullshit.
- Trains on her had been derailed everyday.
- Wasn't able to confirm her role.
- Admitted to have faked feedback.

Viconia:
- Inactive as fuck.
- Only got a clue since we forced her to volunteer.
- Could've faked feedback, although the guy who replaced in and who admitted not having reading the previous days had the same feedback than the original player.
- Was clearly being used to derail a train on Mazzy.

And Viconia gets lynched, because of fucking course she did!

You can make up all the excuses you want. That won't change a thing.

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 05:39 PM

Your words betray your inexperience.

FM Khalid
September 1st, 2013, 05:40 PM
Mazzy also claimed a role that is provable through feedback, and then refused to use her ability to do so, thus derailing the third lynch train on her

FM Khalid
September 1st, 2013, 05:41 PM

What's the point of listening to anything anyone said then? If he tries to keep Mazzy alive, you'd call him cult. If he tries to get him lynched, you'd call him cult.

I agree anyone can be converted night-to-night, but this is a bit ridiculous. Fit your conceptions to the evidence, not fit the evidence to your conceptions.

FM Khalid
September 1st, 2013, 05:42 PM
FM Branwen

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 05:45 PM
Does that increase the chance Safana faked her clue? We're positive Viconia did not alter the clue for reasons that cannot be understood, correct? Hopefully any mortician/ritualist we have checks her body just in case.

In all honesty I saw some credence to the idea that a clue had been faked due to the conflicts between Safana/Viconia. I would suggest watching Safana carefully in the ongoing days.

She is an adventurer. What would she gain by lying about the clue? I thought you were intelligent, ser Khalid. Use your head. And Safana is probably not lying about hers either. The only way she would know to format her clue that way is by looking at Viconia's, but she posted first, so that's impossible unless she is a thief that happened to select Viconia on night one.

FM Cernd
September 1st, 2013, 05:46 PM
Any Bhaalspawn wants some free town points?

Yeslick, Faldorn, Xan, Jaheira, Anomen, Safana.
Feel free to test your powers on any of those.

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 05:48 PM
Mazzy also claimed a role that is provable through feedback, and then refused to use her ability to do so, thus derailing the third lynch train on her

This is not why the voting on her ceased. If anything, this is what should have sealed her fate. The fact that it didn't is a disgrace.

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 05:49 PM

Don't forget Mazzy.

FM Cernd
September 1st, 2013, 05:51 PM
Don't forget Mazzy.
I'm hoping that the Necromancer doused her and will burn her horrid body tonight.
If not, she will totally get lynched tomorrow.

If she survives d4, I'll just spam the day chat with songs until I get lynched or killed, because such a stupid town doesn't deserve to have me among its ranks.

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 05:59 PM
I'm hoping that the Necromancer doused her and will burn her horrid body tonight.
If not, she will totally get lynched tomorrow.

If she survives d4, I'll just spam the day chat with songs until I get lynched or killed, because such a stupid town doesn't deserve to have me among its ranks.

I'd prefer it if you stuck around, milord.

FM Khalid
September 1st, 2013, 06:00 PM
@Cernd That's how I feel about Mazzy, I literally cannot think of something happening that would be preferable to lynching Mazzy. I'm sick to death of the fucking derailing that's been going on, it felt blatantly obvious d3

FM Khalid
She is an adventurer. What would she gain by lying about the clue? I thought you were intelligent, ser Khalid. Use your head. And Safana is probably not lying about hers either. The only way she would know to format her clue that way is by looking at Viconia's, but she posted first, so that's impossible unless she is a thief that happened to select Viconia on night one.

She's also the duke (loljk)

FM Kivan
I'm not accusing Imoen of being Cult, geez. I'm just pointing out that the mere fact that you defended Viconia doesn't mean you aren't Cult, that's all. Yet you are constantly repeating how stupid other players are and how right you were. Sure, you were right, but I won't give you additional town points for this, that's all.

FM Cernd
September 1st, 2013, 06:19 PM
This just feels more and more like a sc2 pub:

Town: Let's lynch the obvscum.
Scum: OMG, no. We should instead lynch someone whos feedback doesn't match with that of the obvscum!
Town: You're right!

Next:
- The (now culted) duke reveals and everyone starts voting with him, no matter if there's no evidence to support the votes.
- Half of the cult are treated as confirmed townies, since they just keep confirming each other's feedback.
- All townies with no night actions are lynched.
- The jester is a confirmed sheriff.

THE FUN NEVER ENDS!

FM Anomen
September 1st, 2013, 07:52 PM

Implying none of them are bhaalspawn.

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 08:01 PM
Implying none of them are bhaalspawn.

If they are, all the more reason for bhaalspawn to attack them, I should think, given that only one bhaalspawn may survive this.

FM Anomen
September 1st, 2013, 08:47 PM
Why would they side with town? That's boarding a sinking ship.

FM Cernd
September 1st, 2013, 09:05 PM
Anomen confirmed for scared cult.

FM Imoen
September 1st, 2013, 09:58 PM
Anomen confirmed for scared cult.

Agreed. I hadn't even said anything about bhaalspawns siding with adventurers. Only that they needed to kill other bhaalspawn. Thank you, ser Anomen, for making this so simple for us by giving yourself up.

FM Keldorn
September 1st, 2013, 11:17 PM
I wonder why nobody has any issues with my suggestion. But I guess it can be communicated to Quayle then.

I prefer Haer-Dalis' proposed solution over the one Khalid wants to submit at the moment.
FM Haer-Dalis

FM Haer-Dalis
September 1st, 2013, 11:35 PM
Ok I just found out I might not be able to be here at day start. So if you want to choose a different person who can post a clue right away. If I get back in time for day start I will post in here, but most likely I won't be able to now.

FM Imoen
September 2nd, 2013, 12:33 AM
I wonder why nobody has any issues with my suggestion. But I guess it can be communicated to Quayle then.

I prefer Haer-Dalis' proposed solution over the one Khalid wants to submit at the moment.
FM Haer-Dalis

It would seem I forgot to voice my opinion on it, milord. It's a fine plan. I just wish it were not necessary. Why must people constantly claim their professions? It only makes them vulnerable and so far we have gained nothing from it.

FM Anomen
September 2nd, 2013, 12:57 AM
Agreed. I hadn't even said anything about bhaalspawns siding with adventurers. Only that they needed to kill other bhaalspawn. Thank you, ser Anomen, for making this so simple for us by giving yourself up.

Derp.

FM Kivan
September 2nd, 2013, 03:19 AM
I wonder if Kagain will be available at the day opening.

FM Kivan
September 2nd, 2013, 03:40 AM

FM Haer-Dalis

Perhaps because it's a good one. If Quayle isn't converted we should be fine. And Quayle won't be converted because a) he revealed on d2 b) I'm assuming he is smart enough to claim Illusionist after being culted.

FM Kivan
September 2nd, 2013, 03:45 AM
I'll post your #155 during Day so everybody will know what's going on. I just hope Quayle's code will be hard to break.

FM Kivan
September 2nd, 2013, 08:33 AM
Btw, from Keldorn's clue:

Our Lord shall return.
It has been written.
The wicked shall burn.
The righteous are smitten.
Ammon the wicked.
Betrayer of Bhaal.
Tis time he was silenced.
Fore he ruins us all.
-Grobnar the Great

This sounds like a riddle, but I'm going to use it as a chant because otherwise I would have no solution to send tonight (I want to perform ritual of Death, but I can't use Neeshka or Khelgar chants).

So Ruby Amulet, Crimson Candles, Warhammer, Crush the Skull, chant the Grobnar. I'm going to ignore gemstones for now because apparently Calavir can't be trusted.

FM Imoen
September 2nd, 2013, 09:25 AM
Derp.

No, he was responding to me, not to you. If he had been responding to you, he would have said so since he also spoke right before me.

FM Imoen
September 2nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
At present, we have a three-way tie in votes for tonight's volunteer. I suggest we remedy this because I want to have exactly one person to hold accountable for the clue if we are to receive it tonight. As I said before, I am willing to go if it pleases my lords.

FM Haer-Dalis
September 2nd, 2013, 09:45 AM
At present, we have a three-way tie in votes for tonight's volunteer. I suggest we remedy this because I want to have exactly one person to hold accountable for the clue if we are to receive it tonight. As I said before, I am willing to go if it pleases my lords.

Turns out I might actually be able to be here at day start now so I can probably go.

FM Haer-Dalis
September 2nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
@Kivan If I end up dying then so be it. In my last will I put that you are town, but I didn't put your role in. So if my last will is shown then you can choose if you want to claim or not. I just put it there so if you decide to keep your role unknown to everyone you can.

FM Kivan
September 2nd, 2013, 10:02 AM
I will claim anyway, that's the plan after all.

FM Kagain

Because he would be bad target for Cult:P

FM Kivan
September 2nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
I will be here until game morning so I can change my vote.

FM Ferengi
September 2nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
There was an update to the puzzle FAQ

8. Are self-votes for volunteering counted in puzzle chats?
They will only serve as a tie-breaker.

9. If the main puzzle is solved, when exactly does the Inner Sanctum open?
At the start of resolving the night, when the puzzle solver is awarded a vest (OoO #1). Night immunity from Bhaalspawn and Prophet will be gone for the remainder of that night and any submitted Prophet conversion attempts that night will not take effect.

FM Khalid
September 2nd, 2013, 12:09 PM

Actually a 4-way tie at this time

FM Imoen
September 2nd, 2013, 12:27 PM
Actually a 4-way tie at this time

It wasn't when I said that.

FM Anomen
September 2nd, 2013, 12:39 PM
We need to decide who to send to propose the solution.

Also what's the plan for tomorrow? I can guarantee Mazzy will be dead by morning.

FM Anomen
September 2nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
FM Branwen

FM Aerie
September 2nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
We need to decide who to send to propose the solution.

Also what's the plan for tomorrow? I can guarantee Mazzy will be dead by morning.

Why? are you going to shoot him?

FM Anomen
September 2nd, 2013, 12:46 PM
I will if you don't try to lynch me tomorrow.

FM Aerie
September 2nd, 2013, 12:46 PM
I will if you don't try to lynch me tomorrow.

I wont try to lynch you if you shoot him.

FM Cernd
September 2nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
If Mazzy is dead, Faldorn should be the next target.
Noone put nearly as much effort to keep her alive as Faldorn did.

FM Aerie
September 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM
If Mazzy is dead, Faldorn should be the next target.
Noone put nearly as much effort to keep her alive as Faldorn did.

I agree that he should be pressured tomorrow if mazzy dies tonight.

FM Haer-Dalis
September 2nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
I agree that he should be pressured tomorrow if mazzy dies tonight.

If Mazzy dies tonight then we should pressure Faldorn and Yeslick. We don't need to waste an entire day focusing one person.

FM Aerie
September 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
i assume that anomen is a bhaalspawn since he doesn't seem that afraid of dying.

FM Aerie
September 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
or possibly a avanger.

FM Haer-Dalis
September 2nd, 2013, 01:02 PM
or possibly a avanger.

Unless he is a bounty hunter and someone set him to go for Mazzy.

FM Haer-Dalis
September 2nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
i assume that anomen is a bhaalspawn since he doesn't seem that afraid of dying.

But the way his posts are means he is a bhaalspawn. What bhaalspawn are you Anomen? Are you the necromancer?

FM Kivan
September 2nd, 2013, 01:49 PM
I won't be around after all, I have to wake up early.

Ok, since my scummy targets are voting Branwen...

FM Haer-Dalis

FM Ferengi
September 2nd, 2013, 01:54 PM
REMINDER: Deadline to send in night actions is 2 hours before night ending.

FM Cernd
September 2nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
FM Haer-Dalis

FM Kivan
September 2nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
I wish Kagain was here. Haerie was more active before, now he is mostly staying low during day.

FM Aerie
September 2nd, 2013, 02:35 PM
We shouldn't choose our volunteer untill the night action deadline has passed.