PDA

View Full Version : why is america trying to bomb syria

marinebase7
August 30th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Seriously Assad obviously did not use those chemical weapons. He's winning the war already and didn't use them before, despite having the ability to, for the past 2.5 years so why would he use it now? This is clearly a frame by the rebels so that other countries would think the government is responsible and stupids like America is dumb enough to fall for it.

Srsly we don't need another war

Voss
August 30th, 2013, 09:26 PM
How is it proved that he never used chemical weapons

oops_ur_dead
August 30th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Syria has plenty of natural gas. Right now Russia basically has a monopoly on natural gas in Europe, and the rest of Europe doesn't like this. The Assad regime is allied with Russia and refuses to run pipelines into Europe that bypass Russia. The US is buddying with Europe because of NATO and because they hope to profit off of natural gas. Of course, the rebels aren't fighting for natural gas and neither is the government, but all international involvement is centred around this issue, while everyone pretends not to be.

Nick
August 31st, 2013, 12:18 AM
How is it proved that he never used chemical weapons

When the winner is not yet clear, the media said he had stockpiles of chemical weapons and might resort to using it on Syrians in case he is losing. None about him using yet. Then what marinebase7 said.

Unless Assad is a good Mafia player and is keeping some tricks up his sleeve, he is dumb.

Cryptonic
August 31st, 2013, 07:09 AM
A NWO led by the USA requires a pro-America government to be set up in its place.

AppleyNO
August 31st, 2013, 08:23 AM
I don't know.

Personally, I think we should just send some drones over there and just destroy all of Assad's Command Centers and supply depots, so he can't make any new units.

Voss
August 31st, 2013, 11:19 AM
Personally, with the debt crisis they put onyearly, they should not be spending money and lives in this adventure. How about someone else go lead this expedition

oops_ur_dead
August 31st, 2013, 11:23 AM
Morally, any action taken should be taken against whoever used chemical weapons. If the Assad regime used chemical weapons, then an assault should be led on them. If the rebels used chemical weapons, then the same goes for them. Both sides are morally in the wrong, but we can't allow chemical weapons to be normalized.

Lysergic
August 31st, 2013, 01:08 PM
Syria has plenty of natural gas. Right now Russia basically has a monopoly on natural gas in Europe, and the rest of Europe doesn't like this. The Assad regime is allied with Russia and refuses to run pipelines into Europe that bypass Russia. The US is buddying with Europe because of NATO and because they hope to profit off of natural gas. Of course, the rebels aren't fighting for natural gas and neither is the government, but all international involvement is centred around this issue, while everyone pretends not to be.

Add to that the fact that Assad's regime is pretty much the only remaining regional ally of Iran, and it starts to make sense why the US is so gung-ho about another military intervention.

I mean, when has invading another country with rich natural resources on the pretext of finding weapons of mass destruction ever gone wrong?

SuperJack
August 31st, 2013, 04:11 PM
England didn't want to be involved. Should we expect "friendly fire" and accidently be hit by America now?

AppleyNO
August 31st, 2013, 05:01 PM
Look, we(as the world) made a commitment as a group of United Nations that if any conflict took more than 100,000 lives, we would stabilize the region. We have been very, very, bad at upholding this. I believe some action should be taken to restore peace.

Now what is "some action"? That's a major problem. Do we use airstrikes? Drones? Ships to bombard them? Specialized teams to take out Assad?

What does the allies of Syria do at that point? Does Russia allow a vital port to fall into the hands of a now Pro-American government? Does Iran do nothing as one of its last remaining allies falls?

These are complicated answers, but we as a world are forced to make an action, as inaction will only breed more Chemical attacks, more Genocides, more Dictatorships.

We as a nation, and as a world, have to stand together, and weigh what the best options are.

I'm wondering what everyone else is thinking...

Nick
September 1st, 2013, 03:36 AM
Morally, any action taken should be taken against whoever used chemical weapons. If the Assad regime used chemical weapons, then an assault should be led on them. If the rebels used chemical weapons, then the same goes for them. Both sides are morally in the wrong, but we can't allow chemical weapons to be normalized.
Downing Assad leaves Syria with fragmented rebels, civil war continues.
Downing a rebel faction is hard, difficult to determine loyalties and affiliations.

Should ban chemical weapons instead, but hey that's bad for business.

I don't know.

Personally, I think we should just send some drones over there and just destroy all of Assad's Command Centers and supply depots, so he can't make any new units.
Korhal it. When they die they go to heaven.

Else, full occupation needed.

cookies4you
September 1st, 2013, 11:18 AM
... 'Merica.

(I have no idea)

Helz
September 1st, 2013, 06:22 PM
Our politics are so messed up. I could really care less about their problems. They do not affect America. If we really want to play Captain save-a-ho' we should look at Mexico which has a huge impact on America. The cartels collect taxes and function more like a government with laws and borders than anything else. They have killed reporters in the south until reporters no longer published information on them and they have openly assassinated public officials in the us.
bomb
Why mess with Syria. There's far worse genocide in Africa where they use dead body's to poison water sources and kids to do the killing.

War always comes down to money. I bet in 5 years the whole chemical weapon thing will look a lot like the Weapons of mass destruction' nonsense in the middle east. If you want to know who is lobbying for this war just watch the stock market when it kicks off.

Bunny
September 1st, 2013, 07:59 PM
Downing Assad leaves Syria with fragmented rebels, civil war continues.
Downing a rebel faction is hard, difficult to determine loyalties and affiliations.

Should ban chemical weapons instead, but hey that's bad for
Korhal it. When they die they go to heaven.

Else, full occupation needed.

Chemical weapons are banned, the chemical weapon said to be used was banned in the 90s.

oops_ur_dead
September 1st, 2013, 10:45 PM
Chemical weapons are banned, the chemical weapon said to be used was banned in the 90s.

Not in Syria.

Mateo
September 2nd, 2013, 01:18 AM
Brown children die every day in Iraq for the past 10 years and no one says shit.

Anyone acting morally justified about military action is just a ribbon in the wind.

Bunny
September 2nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
Brown children die every day in Iraq for the past 10 years and no one says shit.

Anyone acting morally justified about military action is just a ribbon in the wind.

Thats not true, people in fact do say a lot about terrible things that happen daily in every country.

AppleyNO
September 2nd, 2013, 09:07 AM

Actually, I was reading Time and they had something about Iraqi violence since we left. How lots of people are dying, etc.

Brown children? Why do you have to say Brown children? Like there is a difference in race between Iraq and Syria.

Voss
September 2nd, 2013, 09:07 AM
Thats not true, people in fact do say a lot about terrible things that happen daily in every country.

take a look at yahoo's homepage. at least 6 'articles' about syria. none about 'brown children'

Bunny
September 2nd, 2013, 09:10 AM
take a look at yahoo's homepage. at least 6 'articles' about syria. none about 'brown children'

Lol.. Who uses yahoo? I watch the news every single day and every single day it mentions something terrible that happens in iraq and to iraqi children and citizens. Infact, they mention it about all countries. Lol do you guys not have international news in USA?

AppleyNO
September 2nd, 2013, 09:20 AM
You wont find an article on the news about "brown children". -__- There isn't going to be some news story titled:

Brown Children Suffer!

No, its going to be like this:

Violence in Iraq after US Forces leave cause widespread suffering to Iraqis.

oops_ur_dead
September 2nd, 2013, 10:12 PM
Actually, I was reading Time and they had something about Iraqi violence since we left. How lots of people are dying, etc.

Brown children? Why do you have to say Brown children? Like there is a difference in race between Iraq and Syria.

I think he was emphasizing that nobody says shit about them because they're brown.

Dudemanguy12
September 3rd, 2013, 02:10 AM
But let's be honest here...does anyone really want to side with the rebels, who're linked to Al Qaeda? The whole situation is a joke.

louiswill
September 9th, 2013, 10:06 AM
I think Obama never wanted to strike Syria.

He is in his second term and another war will only bring the possibility to ruin his presidency.

Obama has been playing safe, if he doesn't have to, he won't do it for this case.

Obama was speaking about economic growth earlier, unless he think this war will drag Americans out of this mess by getting into another one.

He was not a gambler and won't roll dices like that.

He may probably do this war push for

1. Throw some trouble into Congress - Congressional debate is always a win-win to president.
2. Put pressure on Russia - they have been crossing Obama administration recently
3. Rally European for Enhanced relationship - Who is solid friends and who is not? How much they will devote to American fairs?

remember when North Korea declare some missile threats? It also serves as a test to America sensibility rather than just a actual threat.

No matter how fake those diplomatic actions are, the response will show attitude.

Mateo
September 9th, 2013, 12:37 PM
My point was there have been tragedies every day for the past 10 years in iraq because of coalition troops. If people really cared about justice, doing the right thing, and saving lives, they be more active in bringing the troops home. It's easy for john q to demand action because they dont have to pay the price with their blood.

You wont find an article on the news about "brown children". -__- There isn't going to be some news story titled:

Brown Children Suffer!

No, its going to be like this:

Violence in Iraq after US Forces leave cause widespread suffering to Iraqis.

US Forces already cause widespread suffering in Iraq by firing on crowds, checkpoints, late night raids, and extraordinary rendition. 90% of iraqi casualties since 2003 have been unarmed civilians, 30% of which were children. 1 in 6 iraqi children will die before the age of 5.

Bunny
September 9th, 2013, 12:41 PM
My point was there have been tragedies every day for the past 10 years in iraq because of coalition troops. If people really cared about justice, doing the right thing, and saving lives, they be more active in bringing the troops home. It's easy for john q to demand action because they dont have to pay the price with their blood.

US Forces already cause widespread suffering in Iraq by firing on crowds, checkpoints, late night raids, and extraordinary rendition. 90% of iraqi casualties since 2003 have been unarmed civilians, 30% of which were children. 1 in 6 iraqi children will die before the age of 5.

if you cared so much you wouldn't refer to them as brown children

Mateo
September 9th, 2013, 12:44 PM
i was mocking the fact most people act as if their lives are less valuable because they arent from first world countries -_-

Bunny
September 9th, 2013, 12:48 PM
i was mocking the fact most people act as if their lives are less valuable because they arent from first world countries -_-

The only person who it looked like was doing that was you....
Also, its not a war crime to be in a civil war and have citizens die in an allowed war fashion.

however, I dont see why usa has to do something about it.

Mateo
September 9th, 2013, 12:56 PM
Sorry you can't comprehend satire.
Also, it is a war crime to torture. Unfortunately it seems war crimes only matter if someone can punish you for them.

creedkingsx
September 10th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Two continents are trying to bomb one country.
That country must really deserve it.

Cryptonic
September 10th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Two continents are trying to bomb one country.
That country must really deserve it.

Russia is two continents and it doesn't want to bomb them.
YOUR MOVE, CREED.

creedkingsx
September 10th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Russia is two continents and it doesn't want to bomb them.
YOUR MOVE, CREED.

Russia is in two continents. But it is not the entirety of the continents. ;)

Cryptonic
September 10th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Russia is in two continents. But it is not the entirety of the continents. ;)

actually, it's on two continents huehue this is fun. and j/k, in and on both probably can be correct.

ps USA is in/on one continent, but it is not the entirety of that continent. :P

ypmagic
September 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM
This is all part of the new world order. After this obamas gonna request rfid chips put in all of us. Of course and then china and russia come to take over the US to stop it.

creedkingsx
September 11th, 2013, 10:30 AM
actually, it's on two continents huehue this is fun. and j/k, in and on both probably can be correct.

ps USA is in/on one continent, but it is not the entirety of that continent. :P

But there is both a North and South America. and the thread is "why is america trying to bomb syria?" xD

Slaol
September 11th, 2013, 10:38 AM
In the event of WWIII I will be leaving for Calgary. Crypt/Bunny, :D

Cryptonic
September 11th, 2013, 10:39 AM
But there is both a North and South America. and the thread is "why is america trying to bomb syria?" xD

oh shit, no contesting the fact that TC is "special", Creed wins!

AppleyNO
September 12th, 2013, 06:55 PM
This got Derailed. Please don't do it again <3

Damus Edit: Infracts to the next peeps that do so :D

marinebase7
September 17th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Well while this thing is still a thing (after like 2 weeks) it seems as if Assad actually did use chemicals weapons against his own people. The only other possibility is the rebels somehow got hold of a rocket with chemical warhead and launched it at themselves.

That being said, I actually want Obama to bomb Syria. Not because Assad bomb other people. Not because of a greater moral good. But to send a message.
"It's all about sending a message" -Kerry 2013.

marinebase7
September 17th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Let me show you a map
That's right there's a green for America and a grey for Not America. And everything in grey don't matter.

Nick
September 17th, 2013, 09:30 PM
That being said, I actually want Obama to bomb Syria. Not because Assad bomb other people. Not because of a greater moral good. But to send a message.
"It's all about sending a message" -Kerry 2013.
Send a message to Iran? Just like nuking Hiroshima+Nagasaki to send a message to the Soviets? They are morally consistent! So admirable.

Mugy
September 17th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Let me show you a map
That's right there's a green for America and a grey for Not America. And everything in grey don't matter.

That's the United States of America, unfortunately it's not as big as America.

Mateo
September 17th, 2013, 09:36 PM
That's the United States of America, unfortunately it's not as big as America.

usa is the only part of america that matters. size is irrelevant

ypmagic
September 18th, 2013, 02:26 AM
usa is the only part of america that matters. size is irrelevant

actually canada matters too.

Admiral
September 18th, 2013, 03:50 AM

A little bit I guess.

Mateo
September 18th, 2013, 05:39 AM

actually it doesnt

Admiral
September 18th, 2013, 06:17 AM
actually it doesnt

I regret that I have but only the ability to report this wonderful post.

Bunny
September 18th, 2013, 07:15 AM
canada is the nation that all the pussies from the UK went to after the colonies buffed up.

lol you mean the better nation. the only thing america has better than canada is outdoor theme parks. we can't has those cuz of weather. but everything else in canada is way better.

Hypersniper
September 18th, 2013, 07:18 AM
canada is the nation that all the pussies from the UK went to after the colonies buffed up.

wot wot oi im british and im not a pussy im fully insulted i am

Damus_Graves
September 18th, 2013, 12:03 PM
This is not circlejerk. Stay on Topic next time and leave the insulting bs out of it k?

Slaol
September 18th, 2013, 01:16 PM
lol you mean the better nation. the only thing america has better than canada is outdoor theme parks. we can't has those cuz of weather. but everything else in canada is way better.

I would have to say the food options, prices, and availability I'd give to America.
Everything seemed to be closed after 9 in Canada and the options were the same as here, but more limited most of the time. There is stuff I'm sure I didn't see, but in general my stomach was disappointed basically my entire trip.
Food, yes theme parks makes sense, THEN everything else is Canada xD