PDA

View Full Version : Feedback Thread

Elixir
September 21st, 2011, 05:39 AM
This is the Feedback thread!

I'm looking for feedback on the entire game so I can make my next one even better. Main points are:

Storyline / Writing Style:
Feel / Tone of the Game (IE: Overarching sense of dread of the beast etc):
Overall Balance (Dont get too meta on me please):
Rules:
Use of Special Roles (Beast/Suggestion Forum Roles):
Anonymity needed? (Y/N)

But if you think of something else feel free to post it.

Faye
September 23rd, 2011, 04:41 PM
Storyline / Writing Style: Didn't like the storyline mainly because I've never played infamous. The actual writing and everything was fine though. I understood everything I needed to (even if some of the kill mechanics and deaths I needed to look up on wikipedia) Riger mortis...seriously...It took me a second to realize it was electricity. The Glacier was much easier to realize.
Feel / Tone of the Game (IE: Overarching sense of dread of the beast etc): Pretty good. I had fun. I can't say I felt scared of the beast just from writing or storyline. I was more scared of the Arsonist because of my Name reveal.
Overall Balance (Dont get too meta on me please): Perfectly fine. Nothing in imbalanced in my eyes though as long as the game is fun.
Rules: Standard as usual.
Use of Special Roles (Beast/Suggestion Forum Roles): Yes. Keep using them they are nice. I don't personally like the quick time one, but time related ones are kind of cool.
Anonymity needed? (Y/N) Impartial. I didn't like it this time, but who knows maybe next time I'll like it.

Joshua
September 23rd, 2011, 04:54 PM
Elixir excellent writing. You should always be the writer for the game regardless of whether or not you are in it. Host would just have to tell you how they died. (assuming that isn't hidden)

Beast doesn't really feel all that threatening from a storyline perspective. The orginal game occasonally gave news reports on the beast rather then "just" a status update on where he is. That might be a good idea if you ever go with an infamous theme again. From a gameplay perspective, it's clear the beast needs to die ASAP.

I am unaware of the balance at this current point and time, I will make another comment when the entirety of the rules is a lil more clear. You however seem to have a fine perspective on balance.

Rules seem fine, no further comment.

Unlike claw, you seem to have put in a proper amount of suggested roles. You do not overdue it. (2 drug dealers in the mafia?) I absolutely hated the one mafia completely unknown role list from claw. Maybe yours revealed a lil too much information but it's fine.

I would say anonymity is not needed but there may not be enough information for me to determine this.

Brian
September 26th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Your RP writing makes me actually want to play Infamous 2, lol

Should I play the first game first...? Probably yes.

Yes you made it pretty clear that we need to kill the soul of the beast asap.

Balance is good. Except, maybe investigation result should come prior to recruitment? Maybe only culted citizens will show to investigators as Mason/Cult/Rebel, while power roles will still show their standard role result? Just saying, cus I was screwed over by the current mechanics.

Rules are fine.

Special roles: definite yes! Must have in next games as well.

Annonymity: More required than you think. People make diffrent decisions if they know who the person in question is. Infact we need solid annonymity - this means login times and activity times should be fully hidden, no more meta-finding who is who and if they are active at night.

Joshua
September 26th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Your RP writing makes me actually want to play Infamous 2, lol

Should I play the first game first...? Probably yes.

Both are good games but the first isn't required to understand the second, there's a nice little recap video at the start of infamous 2, that explains the majority of important events of infamous 1 while still leaving a major spoiler at the very end.

Yvette
September 26th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Do you believe i just noticed this thread, because it was sticked and i thought it was the usual dead chat announcement thread?

I'll post my thoughts:

Awesome. Best RP so far. I never played Infamous, but this game made me want to do it. Sadly i don't own a ps3. Writing style is extremely cool, i wouldn't change anything.

Fear of the Beast is ok, especially now that we are in the later days. However the feeling could use some help. That is mostly players' fault to be honest. Too many lurkers.

Gimme the role of the neutral killer and i'll tell you. No seriously, that'd change everything. If we don't take him into account, now that we (probably) know all of the hidden town roles, i must say it is pretty balanced.

Rules:
Thanks to the help of previous hosts, rules have improved a fair bit. I like the new invest, simultaneous killing, arso burning at day and vigis shooting at day. If anything, investigation results could have been set up better.

We saw none so far. I don't like the Enforcer concept. However, the beast idea is simply awesome.

Anonymity needed? (Y/N)
Y. Anonimity is needed because new players are screwed since the beginning. Without it, everyone will always frame, investigate, recruit, kill, heal and block the big names regardless.
[/list]

Anything else? Not really.

Joshua
September 26th, 2011, 03:08 PM

We saw none so far. I don't like the Enforcer concept. However, the beast idea is simply awesome.

Anonymity needed? (Y/N)
Y. Anonimity is needed because new players are screwed since the beginning. Without it, everyone will always frame, investigate, recruit, kill, heal and block the big names regardless.

Enforcer is not included in that statement, it's a epic mafia role. I don't see why you wouldnt like it though.

People wont investigate the big names in fear of them being framed, thus they wont be framed, people knowing they wont be framed will try to investigate them. In the end it balances out a bit, and that only really affects night 1-2 occurances, eventually people will just investigate who they find sucipicous and whom they believe wont be framed.

Regardless maybe it's still needed. I still kinda think theres a bit of a lack of information.

Yvette
September 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Enforcer is not included in that statement, it's a epic mafia role. I don't see why you wouldnt like it though.

People wont investigate the big names in fear of them being framed, thus they wont be framed, people knowing they wont be framed will try to investigate them. In the end it balances out a bit, and that only really affects night 1-2 occurances, eventually people will just investigate who they find sucipicous and whom they believe wont be framed.

Regardless maybe it's still needed. I still kinda think theres a bit of a lack of information.

Ah, i see. I don't know epic mafia. Anyway i find it far less useful than any other mafia role, except the mafioso.

Also about anonimity... you know how it works. You see mod talking, you listen. You see newbie talking, you don't care. Would you rather listen to a proven good player or a first timer? Who would you rather prevent from talking? And all that.

Joshua
September 26th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Enforcer is both a counter to cults and masons, as well as special roles such as amnesiac. Now it can be easily done from the safety of the shadows, no ones going to look at an enforcer (detective/lookout seeing who he is visiting) and say hey that guys being sucipicous, nor does it even reflect on whos his allies are or aren't. Now I find that the very simplicity of the role is what makes it a great mafia role.

And remember if he should succesfully stop a cult that means one less cult member to worry about. If he should successfully stop a cult from recruiting one of his own that means both one less cult and not losing an ally. If he prevents masons from getting together, less of the town will be confirmed and GF can hide in the citizens much easier. (makes more sense to be with GF honestly)

Now I do not think an enforcer is UP, or anything like that at the very least it's hard to use like a doctor.

Elizabeth
September 26th, 2011, 05:56 PM
The best: I didn't like the role list for the first 3 FM's, quite liked it for FM4, and would have been interested to see how it would play out. I really like the role list for this game. Random roles let scum hide, but my favourite part is the 2 vigilantes. It allows town to have up to several a cycle, but the powerful Mafia's and other factions compensate.

The good: I liked the story, and it actually worked way better then I thought. While I have played InFamous, I was still uncertain how it could capture the mafia feel. The only suggestion is to mix up the telling of how they died. Maybe instead of just saying it from the coroners point of view the next day, tell the tale of how the target was murdered by the murderer's, victims, or bystanders point of view. Anonymity wasn't necessary, but a nice addition.

The not so good: Only complaint is the Soul of the Beast role. While it fitted nicely with the theme, I don't like neutral roles who cause the game to end if they achieve there victory condition. I especially don't like 1 who's victory condition is simply to survive to day 6, and if it does so, the game ends.

Elixir
September 27th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Thought process on Beast Balance:

1) No Forum Mafia has ever lasted past Day VIII. I thought Day VI was more than fair for a survivor style role.

2) I gave the town multiple killing roles to find him... and a Day shot that he could not possibly vest away from

3) I expected a higher KPN from the Spree Killer

4) The Benign Neutrals could have BOTH added to the Town killing role pool if they wanted to. (One being Amnesiac and the other being... ???)

Jimmy1
September 27th, 2011, 10:37 PM
I think that there should be a survivor in the next forum mafia, but they have the option to redirect any attacks on them to a target of their choosing...

Joshua
September 27th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Graverobber seems kinda underpowered, I think you shouldn't have split him into two skills rather then one. But perhaps you have a better idea on how to balance him.

Joshua
September 28th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Revolutonist should be able to choose between killing and recruiting, but no one person being able to do both without any limit of number of players inside it considering the setup. (beast has a single vest and can only be killed by town/neutrals/lynchings thus earlier kills by revolutonist should be more possible, addtionally I don't think it would be OP for revolutonist to be able to kill from day 1)
Revolutonist's and mason's kills should look the same IMO.

Jailor seems significantly worse in forum mafia as he does in sc2 mafia because lynches have less sever consequences and more important.

Orange mafia seems to have significantly less power then red because they have no invurerable people. Perhaps a random orange mafia member should have a 1 time auto vest? Or a global one for the entire mafia for a single night time kill.

Spree killer seems significantly stronger then SK unless he gets incredibly unlucky like he has been so far in this forum mafia. Arsonist also seems significantly better.
Spree killer seems better because if he targets someone who takes an action theres a good chance someone will target him. If he does not take an action, he has at least one gareneted kill. Oh and if a target has a gun, will using it be considered as leaving the house? Just to be sure.

As far as arsonist goes, he has the choice of either gareneteing a kill through healing and non-autovests on his target every day, (effectively making him a SK that ignores healing/NVA's) or taking them out in batches every few days.

Joshua
September 28th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Arsonist itself seems to have big problems when switching over to cult which SK does not have. Perhaps he can undouse on up to two targets a day? Or he can undouse up to half of his douses every day?

Consig consig consig.... Consig in sc2 mafia seems useful enough, however in a forum mafia of this size it seems like it's abilities might have little actual impact on the game. I would suggest allowing consig to allow consig to use more investigation types but only one of them at a time. AKA, buff Double Agent Zeke Dunbar the Conduit. This would allow consigs to be alot more versatile without making them OP IMO.

Witch's should be able to see who their target was going to visit. Does Amnesiac taking a culted role make him culted? If so I don't think he should be.

Joshua
September 28th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Witch's should be able to see who their target was going to visit. Does Amnesiac taking a culted role make him culted? If so I don't think he should be.

Hell, maybe he shouldn't even be able to take a culted role's corpse.

Thelma
October 9th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Storyline / Writing Style: I liked it but i am VERY confuesd as ive only played Infamous.
Feel / Tone of the Game (IE: Overarching sense of dread of the beast etc): The feel was VERY stressing with the beast looming and not knowing what too do. We killed ourselves trying to find the beast
Rules: Not much to say.
Use of Special Roles (Beast/Suggestion Forum Roles):I liked the beast but it needed more time. Then everyone wouldent killthemselves to kill the beast
Anonymity needed? Yea, otherwise, Claw, Yayap, Rumpel, etc. would get Offed instantly for being a threat.

Todd
October 9th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Honestly I don't read the storyline, I just skip to the useful information
I find it amusing how everyone shit their pants to find the beast, it was really good but at the same time I would not want a similar role in future forum mafias.
I feel balance is pretty good overall. I will say this, doctor being given the power to anti cult honestly kind of weakens doctor because he is too tempted to be the only anti culter rather than actually being able to keep people alive. I think the setup would be better if you put a doctor and a shrink (basically a town alligned enforcer)
Rules:
Rules are good, no other comment
Honestly I don't like most of the suggested roles. Student is dumb, graverobber is dumb, spree killer is dumb, revolutionist is dumb, I do like drug dealer but only if it coincides with roles that are actually in the game (ie don't say witch if there isn't a witch in the game) but I'm not sure how that works.
Anonymity needed? (Y/N)
Definetly needed, keeps things interesting[/list]

Velma
October 9th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Great, I loved the storyline, I haven't even played Infamous I or II and I was just loving the detail and the way everything was worded. You are very good at sentence structure. Some things like death descriptions could have been fleshed out a bit more, but it was still a great read

Too hectic, it made people roleclaim due to time constraints rather than being outed by an invest.

It WOULD have been balanced if Spree Killer killed. I've been thinking about cult. Culted people should only keep their powers for one night after culting, not two.

Rules:
Rules were great. No real dispute.

Grave Robber is op. Enforcer is up. Spree Killer is fine. Student is stupid. Drug Dealer is cool.

Out of all the one's used I'd only keep Spree Killer and maybe Drug Dealer

Anonymity needed? (Y/N)
Yes, keeps things interesting

Joshua
October 9th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Whats wrong with my grave robber? I really dont understand the two of your comments, "dumb and OP" doesn't really tell me/elixir much. I'm pretty curious cuz I kinda thought he accomplished almost nothing this game other then a single roleblock which a consort would have done better.

Velma
October 9th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Whats wrong with my grave robber? I really dont understand the two of your comments, "dumb and OP" doesn't really tell me/elixir much. I'm pretty curious cuz I kinda thought he accomplished almost nothing this game other then a single roleblock which a consort would have done better.

he can literally do almost anything and can steal almost anyones powers. Its a good role but he can confuse the town into thinking the mafia has roles they dont

Joshua
October 9th, 2011, 10:35 PM
he can literally do almost anything and can steal almost anyones powers. Its a good role but he can confuse the town into thinking the mafia has roles they dont

True, however just like the amnesiac he can only pick roles that have already died, and can perform a successful action every other night excluding the two one and possibly the third based on if he was blocked on the second night by a coroner or not. In addtion to that it's more of a strategic role where he has to wait till a perfect opportunity to use any given corpse. (possibly planned 1 day in advance which would be hard to do)

In the end of it all, he can only perform a max of 3 roles total, with limitations based on who dies and being unable to use particular roles.

Velma
October 9th, 2011, 10:43 PM

True, however just like the amnesiac he can only pick roles that have already died, and can perform a successful action every other night excluding the two one and possibly the third based on if he was blocked on the second night by a coroner or not. In addtion to that it's more of a strategic role where he has to wait till a perfect opportunity to use any given corpse. (possibly planned 1 day in advance which would be hard to do)

In the end of it all, he can only perform a max of 3 roles total, with limitations based on who dies and being unable to use particular roles.

Amnesiac only gets one role and its announced to the town.
I think a few more roles that tamper with bodies should be made and then have an announcement that says "so and so's body" was taken last night, but returned before day came. So it could be Coroner, Grave Robber or something else

Joshua
October 9th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Amnesiac only gets one role and its announced to the town.
I think a few more roles that tamper with bodies should be made and then have an announcement that says "so and so's body" was taken last night, but returned before day came. So it could be Coroner, Grave Robber or something else

Neutrals can't really be compared effectively to town, hes not able to use some of the more major roles so I just don't get people saying that his grave robbing shenanigans should be reported to the town.

Joshua
October 9th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Neutrals can't really be compared effectively to town/mafia

Chris
October 10th, 2011, 03:03 AM
•Storyline / Writing Style:
Wasn't to interested in story, but I'm not an infamous fan. Liked the writting style. (can't say I read all the RPs, I did listen to the good music while reading page 1 posts)

•Feel / Tone of the Game (IE: Overarching sense of dread of the beast etc):
Watching everyone panic and mass role claim sucked. I hate it when you have confirmed scum that can live just because there is a bigger fish.

•Overall Balance (Dont get too meta on me please):
Setup was fine, execution of the setup.... not so well (spree killer, and the town mod kill)
Would have liked more cits.

•Rules:
What rules?

•Use of Special Roles (Beast/Suggestion Forum Roles):
I hate priority targets,

•Anonymity needed? (Y/N)
Yes