PDA

View Full Version : Players shouldn't be allowed to suicide.

WHITE BOY SLIM AYO
August 28th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I have a Arsonist/Mason/Cult save and have a lot of issues with people suiciding to win the game.

What happens is that when it seems that the town is going to win, players will suicide so that they do not get converted by the cult and lose. Problem is, when a majority of the town dies in one night due to suicide, the town can actually lose.

I think there should be an option to shut suicide in the settings, specifically for players who decide to use cult saves.

Players who are really into achievements also like to use the suicide option to get them, which I don't think is that much of a bad thing.

powerofdeath
August 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM
In some cases, suiciding can be considered gamethrowing

ika
August 28th, 2013, 09:24 AM
there has been games that i have won becasue i sucided.

a last will can say a lot when you die

CarolinaCrown
August 28th, 2013, 09:37 AM
I was misled by the thread title; you're suggesting that there ought to be a save option to disable suicides, right?

I actually agree entirely. I think suicide can be valuable but I think it'd make sense to be able to disable suicides in a given save. It doesn't seem like many people allow them in FMs after all.

powerofdeath
August 28th, 2013, 10:16 AM
I was misled by the thread title; you're suggesting that there ought to be a save option to disable suicides, right?

I actually agree entirely. I think suicide can be valuable but I think it'd make sense to be able to disable suicides in a given save. It doesn't seem like many people allow them in FMs after all.

Cuz Ika threatened to suicide every SFM? :P

ika
August 28th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Cuz Ika threatened to suicide every SFM? :P

fm games and sc2 games are diffrent pod

CarolinaCrown
August 28th, 2013, 10:21 AM
fm games and sc2 games are diffrent pod

I get that, but the option not to allow last wills is there in -Mafia-, and I think you'd have a hard time convincing people suicides are more important than last wills.

Cryptonic
August 28th, 2013, 10:31 AM
If it's just an option, sure, why not! idc, how often is suiciding worth it?
If you're being blackmailed and know who scum are, suicide, take the blackmail hit, and leave a lw with results.
If you're town with a lot of negative attention, suicide and turn a mylo into lylo, where you would've been lynched on mylo causing the loss.
If you're neutral evil vs 8 town v 0 Mafia and want to give up but want your points.

Those are like the only situations I can think of were suiciding is beneficial.

WHITE BOY SLIM AYO
August 28th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Oh yeah I also strongly agree that suiciding can be beneficial, but I'm specifically talking about how players will suicide to avoid getting turned into a cult.

Sorry about the misleading title.

Helz
August 28th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I would support having suicide as a host option if it were enabled by default.. I suicide all the time when I know the game is over and don't feel like going on trial with 4 cult in the game

ika
August 28th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Oh yeah I also strongly agree that suiciding can be beneficial, but I'm specifically talking about how players will suicide to avoid getting turned into a cult.

Sorry about the misleading title.

well its acctaly good it kinda went the way it is now becasue now we are looking at it on a broader scale.

Squidypie
August 28th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Suicide should always be an option for players. It's oddly realistic. Besides, if for no other reason Suicide is something people use to get out of a bad save nearing its conclusion. The host is the one who makes the save, he shouldn't have the power to stop them from ending it.

The only way a no-suicide option would be reasonable is if it comes with a "players get points when leaving early" requirement.

-Forced marathons games with rbers
-People who have to leave will either throw away points or more likely AFK
-Asinine hosts giving players no good way out
-Host doesn't know beforehand that a mafia member or cheater might ruin the game, there is no save that prevents this, so no "no suicide" option allows for it.

Suicide is a right every player should have.

Helz
August 28th, 2013, 08:18 PM
I would note that it is really needed for the Mafia. If you lock down their killer with a jailer it would break the game to not let them suicide..

ika
August 28th, 2013, 08:44 PM
I would note that it is really needed for the Mafia. If you lock down their killer with a jailer it would break the game to not let them suicide..

ive had a agme where i was gf and i was in constant rb becasue i was rbable and suciced for the greater good of my team, i even told the team i had to and they said ya do it

Helz
August 29th, 2013, 12:33 AM
ive had a agme where i was gf and i was in constant rb becasue i was rbable and suciced for the greater good of my team, i even told the team i had to and they said ya do it

On this point I would say that blocking suicide should be limited if implemented as an option.