PDA

View Full Version : Role: Poltergeist

Gyver
August 26th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Role name:Poltergeist
Description: This body is not host to its original soul and feels the need for others to experience his affliction.
Alignment: Neutral Evil & Killing
Abilities: Permanently swap the bodies of two people at night. If the poltergeist swaps another player with himself, the other player dies and the poltergeist loses the ability to swap at night.
Win Condition: Kill everyone else
Host Options:
1) Number of Body Swaps (2, 3, 4, unlimited) default:3
2) Number of Kills (1, 2, 3) default: 1. I'm content to not even have this as an option
3) Player is informed they are swapped (default: off)
4) Immune at night (default: on)
5) Nights inbetween swaps (0, 1, 2) default: 1

Pros: Can potentially survive a lynch by claiming to be swapped. Can swap someone suspicious to draw even more suspicion on them. Evil bus driver (more evil than normal). In the game lobby when you enter text it doesn't say your name next to it. Instead it says "you:". If the game were changed to to that, a person might not realize they are switched until the person they were switched with talks or they are put on the stand. Even if you don't change the name thing a person might not realize they were switched till they are put on the stand. At that point town might not believe them. If a PG is attacked at night, he can switch with a person that doesn't talk much the next night so that attacker doesn't know who is night immune.

Cons: Aside from his 1 night kill, the PG can really only use his ability to get people lynched during the day. If he uses it too early and is the last bad guy standing he will have to convince town to lynch each other to win.

Overall effect on the metagame if implemented: It gives evil players a new out to use while on trial. PG can switch an obviously evil person with a jester and trick town into lynching. Sw

Additional comments: I feel the game is in need of another neut evil that doesn't kill every night. It's already common for people to exclude arson, sk, MM from neut evil. PG would add another possible neut evil that people wouldn't feel the need to exclude because they are afraid of too many people dieing at night.

Possibly give the PG the last will of the person he kills so that he can better pretend to be that person after he can't swap anymore.

powerofdeath
August 26th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Wasn't there a similar role to this already reccomended many times?

pat_power
August 26th, 2013, 10:42 AM
I think this would mostly benefit Mafia, as they'd easily know one of their members has been swapped. It would trick an afk town. BTW a player could always knew they were swapped by checking who they can vote even if their chat appears as "You". I think the role would fit better in mafia, but I think its power is kind of dependant on how afk the town is....