PDA

View Full Version : Role: Salesman

IcyHot
August 26th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Role name: Salesman

Description: A salesman who is trying to sell out all of their goods.

Alignment: Neutral Benign

Abilities: Can sell products to the people, so that they can do better in the game
Win Condition: Has to sell out all of its goods before the game ends

Host Options:
1) Can sell 1 single use bullet proof vest
2) Can sell 1 sleuth kit that allows for 1 investigator detection
3) Can sell 1 single use healing kit
4) Can sell 1 bubble gum they can use to annoy someone
5) If there is another idea for an item that could work too
(They have to at least be able to sell 1 item)

Pros:
1] Some of the items could really be beneficial to town
2] It could be a great way to rack up some points
3] A easy win if your good
4] Makes roles like citizen and mason a little more useful.

Cons:
1] Mafia would be out to get you to make sure you don't help
2] Town may think your trying to help out others and execute/kill you
3] Neutrals like SK or MM would not need your items and would try and kill you

Overall effect on the meta-game if implemented: This would extremely effect the game. Weaker roles would actually have some use. If they were willing to have the points to spend on your item(s) then it is fine. Not to mention it would allow the spread of points in a whole different way. Also there would have to be a set maximum and minimum so that the Salesmen does not troll and gives his friend a bazillion points, or give him a good item for dirt cheap.

Additional comments: The main problem i can think with this role is that I don't know if there is a way to transfer items for points.... So it could take a little work before the role can be of use...

Investigator Findings: You see your target constantly moving between houses, suggesting that they are a Bus Driver or a Bodyguard, perhaps even a Beguiler or a Salesman trying to cut a deal.

NOTE: The salesmen CAN NOT use any of his stock, he has to sell it.

This will be my first of my weekly role ideas :O, I will try to make each one original and exiting! Hope there is some consideration for any role I give out.

pat_power
August 26th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I don't get how you buy his items and it involves buying them with your points. I don't like this idea. Also, should be in Town, since everyone wants to kill him except town.

Helz
August 26th, 2013, 03:32 PM
I really don't think this would be easy to write into the strings at all.. Fun idea though.

I would say that the salesman's night action should just auto give an item (On some condition).

Maybe options of 'Can't sell to town, Can't sell to mafia, Limited to x items'

I really don't think this role will go anywhere though.