PDA

View Full Version : The Satyr's Gate: night 2

FM Ferengi
August 25th, 2013, 08:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmvzVbHqeKU&list=PL945B1759FCAC5517

After a long backtracking through the labyrinth, you finally make it to a dead end that doesn’t have you turn around to find another path. Before you stands a gate of stone with the image of a Satyr depicted on it. The gate is sealed however. And when Xan touches it, the walls start to hum and the satyr’s eyes begin to glow. The gate “speaks” to you.

In blood it swum
when there was war.
Where there is some,
there oft is more.
On every croft
you find some grain.
In death aloft;
a higher plane.

Careful not to choose the wrong word for an answer, Xan withdraws his hand from the gate. The light in the eyes goes out and the sound from the walls dies down.

"There might be more answers here," suggests Xan.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminder:
Each group must vote for a “volunteer” to test their solution. Note that someone can be forced to take this position against their will. Whoever gets the most votes will be charged with the task. In case of a tie, the volunteer will be randomised to break the tie.

Voting for a volunteer uses the same formatting as voting to lynch someone, with [ vote ] [ /vote ] tags around their name. A majority doesn’t lock the vote. The tally at the end of the night is used.

Solutions can be proposed by anyone, whether they’re chosen as volunteer or not. A solution is proposed in the puzzle chat using the following format:

-propose solution

insert solution here

Unfortunately for the explorers, all of these locations are heavily trapped. If a wrong answer is given by the volunteer, he has a 66% chance of being struck by a trap and die. Having no proposed solution counts as a wrong answer.

If he is correct though, he will be awarded with a clue in his night feedback PM and the puzzle location will be closed.

Mysterious Strangers:
You may notice there are some people inside the puzzle chat who do not appear on the player list. These are the reserves. They are free to discuss the game with you here and provide ideas for puzzle solutions.

Although they may help, the Mysterious Strangers are not eligible for the "volunteer" position, so you cannot vote them up for it.

Do you find one of the Mysterious Strangers you've encountered in this puzzle location or elsewhere particularly helpful? Show your appreciation by vouching for them!

Do so by sending a PM to Bhaal and/or Cespenar in the following format:

-vouch for [Mysterious Stranger]

You can vouch for one Mysterious Stranger each night. That player does not have to be in your current puzzle chat. A (hidden) cumulative tally will be kept for all votes cast for all nights. The reserve player with the highest number of votes gets first dibs on the next occasion a replacement is needed. If he declines, the second in line gets to take the slot, and so on. If there are multiple openings, the Stranger with the most votes gets to choose his preferred vacant slot to fill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player List:
FM Xan
FM Korgan
FM Valygar
FM Yoshimo
FM Viconia
FM Jan
FM Coran
FM Shar-Teel
FM Alora
FM Haer-Dalis
FM Nalia
FM Dynaheir

FM Khelgar
August 25th, 2013, 08:46 PM
FIRST!

can us reserves have a list of players here?

FM Sand
August 26th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Looks like I get another reserve to play with.

Hi!

FM Khelgar
August 26th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Hi Hi. What you think of the game so far?

FM Sand
August 26th, 2013, 09:31 AM
The game is very unique.

What are your reads?

FM Sand
August 26th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Looks like we might finally get a chance to play!

FM Ferengi
August 27th, 2013, 06:35 AM
can us reserves have a list of players here?
Nope. Only once the living players enter. Sorry.

FM Khelgar
August 27th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Ok. I have been so busy with everything right now that I just got back onto this account again. I have been paying attention and for me to make my list i would need to go find names and crap and stuff. I might try to to it before night is over but i have several things to do today :(

I will prob be more active when the crew comes in.

FM Coran
August 27th, 2013, 05:39 PM
First as a player!

FM Coran
August 27th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Also, I wished for another puzzle chat this night...but look like I'm stuck with this Fu**ing Satir's gate.

FM Yoshimo
August 27th, 2013, 05:43 PM
God, not this again.

FM Coran
August 27th, 2013, 05:43 PM
So, Faith and Fear is our current plausible answer... any other suggestion?

FM Coran
August 27th, 2013, 05:44 PM
God, not this again.

Yes... unfortunately

FM Coran
August 27th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I hope the others will have better luck with the brand new puzzle.

FM Valygar
August 27th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Well Korgan... this is awkward. So, who did the heartbreaker... erm, heartwarder, unite tonight?

FM Yoshimo
August 27th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Tbh, I remain doubtful of all of the proposed solutions so far even after these many days. I'm not confident any of them will open the gate, but I certainly haven't been able to come up with anything better.

It seems statistically likely that whomever we send will die. Therefore, I think our choice for volunteer should be our first point of discussion tonight.

FM Valygar
August 27th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Tbh, I remain doubtful of all of the proposed solutions so far even after these many days. I'm not confident any of them will open the gate, but I certainly haven't been able to come up with anything better.

It seems statistically likely that whomever we send will die. Therefore, I think our choice for volunteer should be our first point of discussion tonight.

I might agree with you, except we have 2 players who I hope have just been replaced. I would like to hear from them first...

FM Korgan
August 27th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Korgan thinks the hosts are funny.... not..

FM Yoshimo
August 27th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Korgan thinks the hosts are funny.... not..

Korgan makes me chuckle regularly.

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Ok I am here. I had a work emergency at the end of the gameday. I don't think it mattered though.

I will volunteer if we go with faith.

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 07:16 PM
All replacements should be vouched for given the lack of replacements.

FM Yoshimo
August 27th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Ok I am here. I had a work emergency at the end of the gameday. I don't think it mattered though.

I will volunteer if we go with faith.

I don't want you to die.

FM Viconia
August 27th, 2013, 07:27 PM
-PROPOSE SOLUTION

-Hope

if a admin could edit this to be the right color and be a actual quote? ive lost the coding necessary to do it... also ill have to give more details but i may be deployed to Syria soon...

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I don't want you to die.

Nor do I. Yet, I don't want to send someone under suspicion if we have the right answer. I am fine with you, me, Valygar, Coran or Haer if we have the correct answer. Most everyone else has been FoS or is a major lurker in the game.

-propose solution

Faith

[COLOR*=#00FF00][B*]-propose solution[/B*][/COLOR*]
[quote*][SIZE*=2] [I*]Faith[/I*][/size*][/quote*]

Remove the *

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 07:35 PM
-propose solution

Faith

Separating the proposed solution into a new post so the mods see.

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 07:36 PM
-propose solution

Faith

FM Haer-Dalis
August 27th, 2013, 07:37 PM
-propose solution

Faith

If you believe Faith is the right answer I'll answer it if you guys want.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 27th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Although I feel like fear has a good chance of being it too since we are relating the puzzles to Bhaal.

FM Khelgar
August 27th, 2013, 07:54 PM
*comes on and sees one of the players that probably knows is in here*

Awkward times are to be had. Well welcome I was part of night one here so I do have the archives of what happened. I will be in and out for most of tomorrow. But I have been paying attention to chats and everything so if you guys (and gals) want to ask me anything about the night chats of last night or what I think go right on ahead. I did suggest fire first off due to me thinking the rp was hinting but after seeing everyone had generic entry into rp I am scrapping fire. Fath and battle or something is what I figure it to be after watching day chat. Also i asked this on day one if it is a single word.

The answer is that it is a single word and not a string of words, furthermore the can technically be more than one correct answer if they are close enough.

FM Khelgar
August 27th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Odd my archive is gone

host is that intentional?

FM Ferengi
August 27th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Odd my archive is gone

host is that intentional?
Puzzle chat archives only remain visible for one day.

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Although I feel like fear has a good chance of being it too since we are relating the puzzles to Bhaal.

Faith relates just as much to Bhaal as Fear does.

FM Khelgar
August 27th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Puzzle chat archives only remain visible for one day.

Q.Q

Could of told us that sooner...

well since I don't have the archives I guess I will just re ask for the players here....

is the answer a single word or can it be a string of words? Also is it possible for there to be more than "one" answer if they have similar meanings or resemble close enough to the answer

FM Valygar
August 27th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Q.Q

Could of told us that sooner...

well since I don't have the archives I guess I will just re ask for the players here....

is the answer a single word or can it be a string of words? Also is it possible for there to be more than "one" answer if they have similar meanings or resemble close enough to the answer

He did tell us: I actually have my night 1 puzzle chat (and heartwarden chat) copied and saved in full.

FM Khelgar
August 27th, 2013, 08:36 PM
He did tell us: I actually have my night 1 puzzle chat (and heartwarden chat) copied and saved in full.

I know he did its for the players who are now joining us

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Is there anyone who doesn't like Faith as our answer? If we agree on Faith as the answer, we should turn our attention to scum hunting.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 27th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Is there anyone who doesn't like Faith as our answer? If we agree on Faith as the answer, we should turn our attention to scum hunting.

I'll go with Faith. If it fails then Fear is probably the answer for tomorrow night.

As for scum. Khalid I'm pretty sure is scum. He asks for permission to vote and change lynch target, but he is also obsessed with getting someone lynched and looking for all different targets.

FM Coran
August 27th, 2013, 08:49 PM

I'm willing to try faith or fear. Unless we find something better.
I won't be present that much for the next 8h since I have IRL stuff to do.
But I'll try to keep myself updated and will check from time to time to answer any question send to me.
We should wait to see if everybody is ok with the answer and move to scum hunting as you suggested.

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Where does Khalid ask for approval to vote, that would be a scum indicator? A lynch is generally pro-town due to the information it provides about who thought the player was scum. So I cannot disagree with Khalid wanting a lynch. I really wanted one too.

FM Khelgar
August 27th, 2013, 08:53 PM
What do you guys think about there being a possible bhalspawn and a possible cult in this very room?

I would figure there is at least one scum type role in here.

Khalid mentions it somewhere near end of day.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 27th, 2013, 08:57 PM
What do you guys think about there being a possible bhalspawn and a possible cult in this very room?

Jan is probably a barbarian after his post during day 2 and his first 3 posts were soft-claiming Fighter or Barbarian.

@Shar-teel I am searching for the post. Also I am starting to lose a lot of trust in Cernd.

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 08:59 PM

That is precisely why I said let's turn our attention to scumhunting if we had an agreed upon answer and a person to send.

FM Haer-Dalis

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Jan is probably a barbarian after his post during day 2 and his first 3 posts were soft-claiming Fighter or Barbarian.

@Shar-teel I am searching for the post. Also I am starting to lose a lot of trust in Cernd.

Cernd should have never been beyond a neutral read. His behavior on Day 1 (drawing Kivan into a discussion into what the cult should do was VERY scummy). He derails the lynch trains... scummy. He's also displayed a hell of a lot of arrogance and disrepect towards players who disagree with him. In the rare event he is town, his play is definitely anti-town.

FM Haer-Dalis
That is precisely why I said let's turn our attention to scumhunting if we had an agreed upon answer and a person to send.

FM Haer-Dalis

If Alora is truly a Harper, wouldn't it be in our best interests to just lynch her? I doubt she will contribute further into the future, and we can always regain another Harper

Also that post by Khalid. I don't know why he thinks it is good to lynch a Harper.

FM Yoshimo
Hmmmm, so I re-read the riddle for the 50th time with FAITH in mind.

I think it fits the 4th couplet very well and the first couplet fairly well. It doesn't not fit the 2nd couplet, and the 3rd couplet it fits at a stretch.

I wouldn't feel comfortable volunteering FAITH, because to me it doesn't fit nearly as well as the solutions to the other riddles seemed to.

However, I'm not ruling it out as the correct answer, and it is the best solution I have seen. So I support somebody trying it. Who exactly that might be, is open for debate.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 27th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Cernd should have never been beyond a neutral read. His behavior on Day 1 (drawing Kivan into a discussion into what the cult should do was VERY scummy). He derails the lynch trains... scummy. He's also displayed a hell of a lot of arrogance and disrepect towards players who disagree with him. In the rare event he is town, his play is definitely anti-town.

In our night chat he raged at a reserve for posting his thoughts and his list of the day events too. Cernd was strongly against anyone using the night chat to scum hunt.

FM Yoshimo
August 27th, 2013, 09:07 PM
If Alora is truly a Harper, wouldn't it be in our best interests to just lynch her? I doubt she will contribute further into the future, and we can always regain another Harper

Also that post by Khalid. I don't know why he thinks it is good to lynch a Harper.

If you believe her claim, then it is a bad idea to lynch.

1. It wastes the Day lynch
2. We electively kill somebody scum could otherwise target
3. We deny the bodyguard from ever using their ability
4. It ignores the possibility that she could at some time become more active, or even be replaced

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 09:11 PM

This needs rephrasing. You seem to be arguing for a Harper lynch but criticizing Khalid for the same. I don't like lynches because someone is scummy.

That being said, if Alora dies, it's better sooner than later because there would be more explorers to pick from.

As for Cernd, I'll be likely to push Cernd tomorrow.

1) Discusses what cult should do
2) Derails scumhunting in night chat
3) Arrogance and disrespect towards players who disagree with him
4) Derails lynches with opportune timed case

Does anyone have strong feelings on Safana and Vicionia?

FM Haer-Dalis
August 27th, 2013, 09:13 PM
This needs rephrasing. You seem to be arguing for a Harper lynch but criticizing Khalid for the same. I don't like lynches because someone is scummy.

That being said, if Alora dies, it's better sooner than later because there would be more explorers to pick from.

Sorry this was a post by Khalid during the day. I wasn't saying it is right to lynch a possible harper.

FM Yoshimo
August 27th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Sorry this was a post by Khalid during the day. I wasn't saying it is right to lynch a possible harper.

Ohhhhhhhhh.

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 09:15 PM
I just realized a typo. I said I don't like lynches because someone is scummy. I meant lurky.

FM Coran
August 27th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Hmmmm, so I re-read the riddle for the 50th time with FAITH in mind.

I think it fits the 4th couplet very well and the first couplet fairly well. It doesn't not fit the 2nd couplet, and the 3rd couplet it fits at a stretch.

I wouldn't feel comfortable volunteering FAITH, because to me it doesn't fit nearly as well as the solutions to the other riddles seemed to.

However, I'm not ruling it out as the correct answer, and it is the best solution I have seen. So I support somebody trying it. Who exactly that might be, is open for debate.

Well, since we are not sure about our answer, I suggest sending someone like Alora.

If she's a harper, when she die (If she die), the other harper will recruit (At least try) another harper.
That way we don't "lose" anyone. If she succeed the puzzle, she'll give us the clue.

If she's not a harper, she will either succeed the puzzles and give us the clue because she doesn't want to be labelled as a scum, or fail and and die if neutral/town or still be alive without the clue if cult/bhaalspawn.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 27th, 2013, 09:21 PM

Lets see I don't find anything super scummy about Safana. She is about neutral to me. Viconia asked if it was gamethrowing to reveal the clue. It obviously states she is in a factions so she isn't Neut/Bhaal. She is either cult or town, but revealing her riddle clue wouldn't make her think it is gamethrowing if she was town. It could just be because she is new, but even in a s-fm usually you claim your night feedback if it was roleblock/bussed/etc. If Viconia is scum then I am guessing Cernd is trying to bus her.

im gonna go with him... seems i cant make up my mind but hes right we need roleclaim, and hints.
-vote FM Mazzy
changing my vote (changing vote IS allowed isnt it? i hope i didnt gamethrow by showing my night 1 feedback... if i did sry... im having a hard time following as well im guessing this FM is more for players that played/followed baldurs gate game from Bioware) so just vote for me for puzzles. -Viconia #213

FM Yoshimo
August 27th, 2013, 09:22 PM

On Day 1 I posted a code and I allowed speculation to follow until a concensus seemed to be that it was a code related to these riddles.

The code I posted has nothing to do with the riddle side of this FM and I never claimed it did.

However, Safana posted a code of her own on Day 1 on the back of the speculation my code had received, and as I recall she did claim it was from the Mods and that it did relate to the main riddles. I have kept this point on the back burner for a long time until an opportune moment arises, but discussion in this limited forum seems like a good place.

I don't entirely understand what Safana did, but it seems to me that she directly lied to the Day Chat about the origins of that riddle, and I am unsure what her motivation was. I believe at the time she thought my code was legitimately from the mods, and was attempting to piggyback on it and somehow come across as a role other than what she is.

Everybody has long forgotten about these Day 1 events though.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 27th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Also at the end of the night in our night chat the train on Viconia was piling with votes. Cernd was fine with us sending Viconia for the puzzle. This was before she even came back and if the vote went through we would have sent Viconia and she wouldn't have submitted an answer. Aerie and I were gonna volunteer and propose the answer ourselves since Cernd was fine with wasting a night by just killing off a lurker and having to spend another night working at the puzzle.

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 09:28 PM
I have not. I believe that either Safana or V is scum/possible thief. If you look at the clues they posted, one seemed to be in direct conflict with the other. For the ritual of Destruction we cannot use two amulets. I'd like to determine which one is which.

Coran, I like your idea of sending a neutral but Alora might be too valuable to risk if town. If she's scum, she'll likely lie about the clue because she'd believe her time is short. Bad send all the way around.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 27th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I have not. I believe that either Safana or V is scum/possible thief. If you look at the clues they posted, one seemed to be in direct conflict with the other. For the ritual of Destruction we cannot use two amulets. I'd like to determine which one is which.

Coran, I like your idea of sending a neutral but Alora might be too valuable to risk if town. If she's scum, she'll likely lie about the clue because she'd believe her time is short. Bad send all the way around.

Viconia seemed worried about getting sent for the puzzle. She is most likely not a thief, but a vulnerable cult if she is scum.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 27th, 2013, 09:36 PM

Also if you notice when Safana gave her clue to when Viconia gave her clue it is harder for Safana to fake her clue since she didn't know what the clues would look like. Viconia didn't quote hers and she could easily have manipulated the clue.

FM Shar-Teel
August 27th, 2013, 09:50 PM
How do you know V didn't quote hers?

Safana volunteered for our clue night one.

FM Coran
August 27th, 2013, 10:16 PM

I posted something like that when I voted Viconia during day 2.
She's the scum if one of them is scum because safana posted her clue first.
Viconia took longer before sending her feedback, and she failed regarding the ritual of destruction.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if the clue have some fake hint inside them so we can'T solve the puzzle without all the clue together.

That was my last post for today. Will be back in 7h~.

FM Valygar
August 28th, 2013, 12:22 AM
I will hopefully give meatier posts tomorrow when I have access to a computer, but here are my thoughts for now:
1) Cernd seems scummy, but he is being waaaaay more aggressive than I would ever imagine a 'pure' scum (the Cult in this game) being: unless Clawtrocity has returned to FM in the form of a smurf, I'm thinking he's a neutral like an antagonist.
2) I know it can be hard to miss among all of the scumminess in this game, but someone I personally want to look into more is Yeslick. More on that tomorrow.
3) I don't think 'fear' is right. I think it could be 'faith', but I still definitely feel like there's a better answer to find.

FM Yoshimo
August 28th, 2013, 02:47 AM
I am online for the next 5 hrs if anybody wants to discuss anything at all, be it people of interest or other.

FM Coran
August 28th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Ok I'm back and ready to scum hunt!
Can't wait to see what Valygar has to say about Yeslick, I don't recall seeing anything suspicious about him.
He tried to solve the puzzle by giving answer from time to time in the last puzzle chat.

FM Korgan
August 28th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Korgan sees branwen as scum. She just posted enough to make sure her allies wouldn't be lynched and then dissapeared when she knew her teammates wouldn't be lynched.

Korgan wonders about the intentions of Khalid. Harpers are town aligned. Lynching them is contra productive out of every perspective.

Korgan is not sure about Cernd, Viconia, Safana, Afkalia.

Korgan sees Sarevok as blending scum.

Korgan realised that Minsc was calling a lot of people scummy on day 1 but he changed drasticly on day 2 where he seemed to just tunnel 1 - 2 persons. Maybe he knows now who his allies are and has to stay low?

Korgan is not a part of the heartwarden chat tonight. No MVP for poor old Korgan. :(

Korgan has still not much time for this FM and therefore almost no notes. Korgan will think about other solutions to the riddle.

blood part:
Hints at something which has to do with battle, murder, death and at the cause for it.

multiplicity part:
Solely hints at it that it usually attracts itself when it is occuring. Faith doesn't really fit here!

Crops part:
Another hint at the variety. Korgan imagines that the field stands for all the living people and the grain for a small group of them.
which surely fits the faith part. Korgan thinks grain isn't a beautiful plant but its useful to humans. Korgan thinks this makes it something positive for humans.

Afterlife part:
Korgan knows what happens to his victims when he uses his helmet. They die and are send to their Deities they believe in. A higher plane is something positive. Still if people belief in evil Deities they go to lower planes as well. Faith goes in 2 directions here.

Korgan likes faith but he thinks it doesn't fit enough. Korgan could easily see solutions like "Vendetta" or "fanatism" fit the riddle as well.

Korgan doesn't like the wording of the riddle. It looks not precise enough.

Korgan goes now back to his tavern drinking ale until his helmet is needed again.

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Korgan needs to understand Branwen did not just do the minimum in puzzle chat or conversation Day 2. Korgan must understand Branwen is vital and must be protected at all costs if she is honest.

Korgan should elaborate on Sarevok and Minsc. I really like Sarevok and Minsc as town. I didn't see Sarevok blending (could have not attacked Cernd at the end of the day). Minsc I didn't see as tunnelling though but rather attempting to make sure we got a lynch off without being as vocal.

Afalia is Nalia I presume. I think that slot will be replaced.

Khelgar/Sand, reads please. We should have one person volunteer to vouch for each to ensure the host can use both as replacements.

Faith also fits the second part. Believers tend to congregate with each other. Even missionaries rarely travel alone.

FM Yoshimo
August 28th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Khelgar/Sand, reads please. We should have one person volunteer to vouch for each to ensure the host can use both as replacements.

I wasn't under the impression that the Hosts could only use vouched players as replacements. I thought the vouching system was merely a way of preferencing which players would Replace in first.

FM Korgan
August 28th, 2013, 07:11 AM
I wasn't under the impression that the Hosts could only use vouched players as replacements. I thought the vouching system was merely a way of preferencing which players would Replace in first.

Korgan thinks the vouch mechanic is only there to motivate reserves and to have a priority list for who replaces first. Korgan knows the host will replace no matter who gets vouched for.

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 07:13 AM
I think they need vouches because of the number of people who want/need to be replaced and the fact we still have replacements.

FM Korgan
August 28th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Korgan needs to understand Branwen did not just do the minimum in puzzle chat or conversation Day 2. Korgan must understand Branwen is vital and must be protected at all costs if she is honest.

Korgan should elaborate on Sarevok and Minsc. I really like Sarevok and Minsc as town. I didn't see Sarevok blending (could have not attacked Cernd at the end of the day). Minsc I didn't see as tunnelling though but rather attempting to make sure we got a lynch off without being as vocal.

Afalia is Nalia I presume. I think that slot will be replaced.

Faith also fits the second part. Believers tend to congregate with each other. Even missionaries rarely travel alone.

Korgan knows that scum usually has not much of a problem to pressure people who are not on their team. Sarevok and Minsc tend to tunnel. Minsc didn't tunnel anyone day 1. Both of them don't offer new insights or ideas and post the bare minimum to stay to look as contributing town.

Korgan sees Yeslick and Khalid as almost the same. While Yeslick was more active in the puzzle chat and Khalid more at day. Yeslick sees me as active town which scores him some charisma with me.

Korgan thinks Xan posts not enough to make much sense of him. He posted a whole dictionary of key words and their definition in the puzzle chat. That's the same than posting tallies. Korgan is sceptical.

FM Korgan
August 28th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Korgan suggests to vouche for the reserve with the "WoW Thrall" Avatar he was the most useful at least for me on N1.

FM Korgan
August 28th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Korgan leaves now. Korgan was called to chop some heads in the catacombs of Baldur's gate. Korgan will take his new mitrhil vest with him.

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 07:31 AM
I am going to have to disagree again after looking through Sarevok's posts. Sarevok was contributing ideas towards how to handle this situation if it arose in the future. He paid attention to all the major trains in the game. Post 1019 looks particularly town.

I am going to ISO Minsc to double check to see if he tunnelled or not.

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Yeah Minsc being accused of tunnelling/non contributing is baseless. That makes me like Korgan a lot less.

FM Khelgar
August 28th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Who do you want me to give reads on? And plz dont say everyone, give me a few names for now and go from there, i can do everyone in due time but for now name a select few people who you want to have reads on. But I will say mazzy is most likely a scum. The role is entirely possible but I doubt the person would of waited that long.

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
How about your top scum reads besides Mazzy?

FM Khelgar
August 28th, 2013, 10:42 AM
How about your top scum reads besides Mazzy?

Mkay, give me a sec. Just got back on this one.

FM Khelgar
August 28th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Just glancing through some of the older post i noticed that edwin fos FM Cernd on day 1 with a vote. Looking further back I think cernd might be a thief because of his mentioning of him teaching how to disable traps. Now early on a thief is good for town to get all the clues and everything and if town can act quickly, they might be able to limit the wrath of bahall. On the other hand FM Alora has claimed harper, now with a barbarian claim out, i am expecting the barbarin to kill the harper tonight, if Alora is still alive i would go all out on that saying why would a bhaalspawn barbarin not kill.

also FM Shar-Teel, you should expect the unexpected you said from post 717 that everyone is going to play logically, that is not the case, there will be and has been many cases where logic can be flawed and tricked. Sometimes the most logical move is the one that seems most illogical.

An example could be in a game of chess where you sacrifice a queen, a player might say "you gave that up for nothing and is illogical" but other players might be seeing the logic behind what might look like an illogical play.

just be careful because sometimes the most illogical answer/response can make the most sense

also for the riddle i do agree faith is most likely the next answer.

FM Valygar
August 28th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Yeslick's entire history of posts day 2: I will be using this in a bit.

We were the only group to not solve the puzzle? My first thoughts were "Pestilence" and "Honor" for the puzzle, but those don't seem to be more right than Life.

-vote FM Quayle

Originally Posted by FM Valygar
For me, the biggest issue with the puzzle seems to be lines 5 and 6: I also came up with "disease" as a possible answer, but those lines in particular just complicate things entirely.
I'm certain that that couplet is hinting the answer is closely related to nature.

Originally Posted by FM Mazzy
My good sir, what evidence have ye against the esteemed Sir FM Quayle?
His Day 1 presence was pretty much the symbol of an active lurking scum. Asks questions, no follow-up. At least 15 hours time distance between posts. Shows up near the end of a lynch, and only then places a vote, even though he was active when it was rolling.

I don't know how much he contributed at night, but it looks like he's doubled his posts since.

Holy fuck Shar-Teel's post count.

Originally Posted by FM Haer-Dalis
On Quayle. I have him pegged as a possible neutral. He came up with a possible answer "Malice" in our night chat. A reserve pointed out in our night chat too that Quayle is probably a thief. In our night chat Quayle said he would suggest "Malice" if he needed too, but when we voted up Quayle to suggest "Vengeance" He disliked it and then he admitted he had a night action.
I see. How were his posts in the night?

Originally Posted by FM Minsc
I dislike the vote you have placed here. I care not for the reasons it was made however. The reason it is troubling is due to the fact that you are blantantly ignoring the obivous scum we have in our grasp here.
What you're basically saying is your FoS > my FoS, and that any votes not placed on your target is troubling. Why are you so confident that Mazzy is scum? Didn't you think Edwin was super obvious 100% scum too?

Without any explanation of a vote or why its worth more to go after someone else than Mazzy at this point Yes. My Fos is better than yours.
Mentally incompetent or ignoring posts?

His Day 1 presence was pretty much the symbol of an active lurking scum. Asks questions, no follow-up. At least 15 hours time distance between posts. Shows up near the end of a lynch, and only then places a vote, even though he was active when it was rolling.

I don't know how much he contributed at night, but it looks like he's doubled his posts since.

It is still as I said before.
-vote FM Alora

1) Please stop the 3rd person.
2) I find it odd that no one finds this the slightest bit suspicious. At one point, I was falsely FoSed for rolefishing by merely having a way to communicate with someone I thought to be the Duke at the time. He deliberately lies in night chat to rolefish and gets away with it.
3) I can think of no reason why any adventurer would do this on night 1, as it only wasted time and possibly got tied into a Quayle roleclaim.
4) Now he is trying to cover his tracks for when the real Duke claims and destroys him.

-vote FM Korgan

I'm fine with either a Korgan or Mazzy lynch: do not bother with Alora today.
Korgan was an asset in the night chat, even if we all failed in the end. He helped and even talked to himself when no one was there. I don't see that as scummy.

Originally Posted by FM Kivan
Oh, and if we have Vigilante please try shooting Ajantis, Nalia or Eldoth. I think some people need an incentive to contribute.
Dynaheir

ITT: Professional scumhunters that believe Mazzy is the only scum person in this game, and any FoS not directed at Mazzy is absurd.

Originally Posted by FM Cernd
@Edwin: Like I gave a fuck about what he has to say.
Head too far up ass.

I'm defending Mazzy too. Just not getting the scum vibe, lads. It's not really her that's wasting time as much as it you guys wasting time, so that's a shit reason to vote her. Who even says it's Town voting her? You really think it's beneficial to role claim every time someone has a few votes on them?

-vote FM Anomen

Early inconsistency, mate.

-vote FM Alora

Originally Posted by FM Kivan
Well, being Bard explains all those haikus...But that would mean we are left with no good targets today. Khalid time?
Khalid is Town

This is the person I was referring to. Viconia. However there are cases to be made both for and against Yeslick. I believe he is active lurking which is very bad.
On the contrary, I've been at home the whole time, choosing to not post. Only reason I'm on now is because I see that the foolish train has slowed (I have expressed my views against it before, and I choose not to sound like a broken record), and we are moving on.

Viconia is a fine target, but let's not miss that Alora pretty much claimed non-town.

Originally Posted by FM Cernd
I don't know if I should believe the noob-with-a-life history or if this is just scum making shit up to go on lurking and not contributing.
Usually the latter. Most new players play S-FM's first before moving to bigger games.

Originally Posted by FM Alora
Now, I just want to say that i support the town and all of its endeavours.
This heavily implies she is separate from the Town, btw.

There's like 19 hours left, lads. How the fuck do you figure that we're near the end of the day?

Originally Posted by FM Branwen
Yea, thats why I said brave....but this early coming out like that may imply a neut or bhaalspawn with huge balls. I don't see anything dangerous about it, not from my view.
Eh, definitely worth pursuing. At least over Mazzy/Anomen, but I'll be willing to switch on this one.

Originally Posted by FM Branwen
What do you think of the chances that one of the cultists targets was a volunteer last night?
0, at least for my group. We weren't very certain on the answer so if Cult wanted to convert Skie, they'd be taking a risk and ultimately they would have lost a night.

I don't think it's faith. According to a reserve, there was another riddle in an M-FM that had Faith as the answer, and it went like:

It brings with mighty hope,
yet may cause others pain.
Makes heroes climb the steepest slope,
until they fall again.
It comes to some when end is nigh,
while others lose it then.
And when we have to say goodbye,
it tests the hearts of men.

Very different from the one in our group. Our riddle mentions nothing of the hearts of men or heroes or hope. At best, we have a clue related to piety.

-vote FM Viconia

At long last, I have returned. I am surprised to see the lynch trains turn away from Mazzy and Anomen. I guess we can wait a day for Mazzy to prove or disprove his claim, but once again I don't like people labeling Anomen as an avenger/lunatic. If anyone has played too scummy, they can very easily just push it over the top and people will be like "nah he's an avenger/lunatic" (I should know: I was guilty of thinking Edwin that yesterday). I am not fine with a lynch on Alora (so little evidence, and was too backed by Anomen), and I would still rather lynch Anomen/Mazzy (since Korgan won't happen), but I might be persuaded to join a Viconia lynch IF the previous won't happen.
So little evidence is not a reason to dismiss a FoS. Not at all. We went by scummy posts for Mazzy/Edwin, why is it wrong to use that for Alora?

As I stated on day 1, I think people overreacted to Alora's overreaction. Mazzy's initial post (and her later behavior) was far more attention worthy than Alora has ever been.
It's not just the overreaction. It's more how Alora has failed to respond to many concerns about her, and made no contributions (maybe 1 post?) at night. Also, when she came on she implied she wasn't Town, so most likely Bhaalspawn or Neutral.

-vote FM Alora

Originally Posted by FM Shar-Teel
Give me a case on Alora please. I just see someone who is getting replaced.
Do you think Alora shouldn't be lynched? That's the only convincing you need to vote/not vote.
Innocent until proven guilty is bollocks in the early game.

FM Valygar
August 28th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Well crap, I literally copy-pasted the quotes he quoted to give context to the quotes, but it didn't format correctly: umm, can you just use your imagination please?

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the advice. When I say unexpected, I don't mean illogical though. If an action is illogical according to the expectations, that means it is time to revisit the expectations.

Why do you expect a purported town aligned barbarian to kill a tower aligned power role? That statement fails to mesh with my expectations. I know reserves are not likely to bullshit, so I would like to hear the rationale.

A thif is never good for the town. They have incentive to lie to succeed in breakng the puzzle because that is their sole wincon. The ling they stay alive, the more likely the cult can recruit them and turn them into a cul PR role.

Cernd as theif... Never really considered it. I would think Cernd would volunteer for thepuzzle as a theif though.

Valygar, posts acknowledged. I will be waiting for the analysis.

FM Alora
August 28th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Hello everyone, hows it going, I have returned

FM Valygar
August 28th, 2013, 11:21 AM
1) OK, the first thing you'll notice is that he never voted for Mazzy. He was willing to join almost every other major train at some point in the day (his votes: Quayle, Alora, Anomen, Alora, Viconia, Alora) but he never once voted for Mazzy. I (and I know I am not alone) still believe that Mazzy is scum, and Yeslick's voting patterns make me think that he is a cult who did everything, and I mean everything, in his power to avoid a lynch on Mazzy (and he succeeded).
2) He was the first to defend Korgan (I don't give a crap what you guys think, I'm not going to drop the 'Korgan' thing) and he also defended Khalid with the 3 words "Khalid is town" (best reasoning NA).
3) It feels like so much of his posting isn't original, but commentary (and by commentary I really mean criticism) of other people's posts. Sometimes it's flat-out calling someone stupid, and other times it's, again, derailing a lynch on Mazzy (or Anomen, at times, although he did put his vote on Anomen once).
4) He almost never explains his voting (and certainly not until after the vote has been cast). Even when he does explain why he has voted someone, I don't necessarily think he explains well enough (in his final case, the argument against Alora :P dat logic).

Yeslick and I disagree on a lot, and I mean A LOT, but I don't think that's clouding my judgement: I genuinely think he's been ignored up until this point and is at least worthy of a second look. I know there are multiple people that fall under this category, but Yeslick is someone I personally noticed this day, so here you go :P

FM Alora
August 28th, 2013, 11:22 AM
1) OK, the first thing you'll notice is that he never voted for Mazzy. He was willing to join almost every other major train at some point in the day (his votes: Quayle, Alora, Anomen, Alora, Viconia, Alora) but he never once voted for Mazzy. I (and I know I am not alone) still believe that Mazzy is scum, and Yeslick's voting patterns make me think that he is a cult who did everything, and I mean everything, in his power to avoid a lynch on Mazzy (and he succeeded).
2) He was the first to defend Korgan (I don't give a crap what you guys think, I'm not going to drop the 'Korgan' thing) and he also defended Khalid with the 3 words "Khalid is town" (best reasoning NA).
3) It feels like so much of his posting isn't original, but commentary (and by commentary I really mean criticism) of other people's posts. Sometimes it's flat-out calling someone stupid, and other times it's, again, derailing a lynch on Mazzy (or Anomen, at times, although he did put his vote on Anomen once).
4) He almost never explains his voting (and certainly not until after the vote has been cast). Even when he does explain why he has voted someone, I don't necessarily think he explains well enough (in his final case, the argument against Alora :P dat logic).

Yeslick and I disagree on a lot, and I mean A LOT, but I don't think that's clouding my judgement: I genuinely think he's been ignored up until this point and is at least worthy of a second look. I know there are multiple people that fall under this category, but Yeslick is someone I personally noticed this day, so here you go :P

Mazzy is certainly scum

FM Alora
August 28th, 2013, 11:25 AM
In blood it swum
when there was war.
Where there is some,
there oft is more.
On every croft
you find some grain.
In death aloft;
a higher plane.

hmmmmmm, this one is tricky, I don't .want to say it probably has something to do with religion, but i think it is. Swum in blood, Im trying to figure that out.

FM Alora
August 28th, 2013, 11:28 AM
On every croft
you find some grain.

Could be referencing the tithe system?

I dont know this riddle is something

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 11:39 AM
On every croft you find some grain is one of the more awkward pieces of the puzzle.

Every farmer grows grain seems more of a fact unless this expression is used as an idiom. That's why I find it more as a grain of something. Grain of truth regarding faith seems to be appropriate.

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Alora, who are your scum and town reads?

FM Alora
August 28th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Alora, who are your scum and town reads?

Scum? i have to say kivan and mazzy so far. When the lynch train was on me, Kivan pushed a little to hard for him to be considered wholey innocent I say. As for Mazzy, that seems to be the general consensus. Other then that, no one in particular.

FM Alora
August 28th, 2013, 11:42 AM
On every croft you find some grain is one of the more awkward pieces of the puzzle.

Every farmer grows grain seems more of a fact unless this expression is used as an idiom. That's why I find it more as a grain of something. Grain of truth regarding faith seems to be appropriate.

A croft is a piece of land, so i am trying to find that we have to find what is in blood, were blood is to land as grain is to _

hmmmm, maybe something to do with a soul?

FM Alora
August 28th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Where there is some,
there oft is more.
Could refer to a persons need to be around others?

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Scum? i have to say kivan and mazzy so far. When the lynch train was on me, Kivan pushed a little to hard for him to be considered wholey innocent I say. As for Mazzy, that seems to be the general consensus. Other then that, no one in particular.

Can you elaborate more on Kivan as scum? I had him in my night 1 chat and that made me move him to much more likely town.

---------

All the clues must work together.

What swims in blood?

Faith, disease, oxygen/nutrients...passion

Faith seems to be the best.

FM Valygar
August 28th, 2013, 11:47 AM
As far as what swims in blood, I had thought of disease as well (which doesn't fit the "croft/grain" part very nicely) but I was trying to come up with something to do with inheritance (in war, if someone should die their blood relative, probably a son, would inherit their wealth).

FM Khelgar
August 28th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I'm gonna catch up but this is why the barbarian would kill the harper

The Harpers:
The Cult of Bhaal and the Bhaalspawn must die.
The Bhaalspawn:
The Harpers and all other Bhaalspawn must die (does not end game).
Win with the Cult of Bhaal or the Adventurers.

harpers are the bahllspawns enemies so it would be best for them to kill an harpers at first chance

FM Alora
August 28th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Can you elaborate more on Kivan as scum? I had him in my night 1 chat and that made me move him to much more likely town.

---------

All the clues must work together.

What swims in blood?

Well by scum i mean bhaal spawn, he can support town but be against the harpers, so that goes with the role.

FM Alora
August 28th, 2013, 11:50 AM
As far as what swims in blood, I had thought of disease as well (which doesn't fit the "croft/grain" part very nicely) but I was trying to come up with something to do with inheritance (in war, if someone should die their blood relative, probably a son, would inherit their wealth).

I thought that to, but the part about a higher plane set me off of that. I don't know, this one is certainly a doosy.

FM Khelgar
August 28th, 2013, 11:52 AM
FM Shar-Teel since we are all giving read out you should share some as well. I may only be a reserve but it can be sometimes scummy for one player to ask for reads on everyone and not give some out in return.

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 12:10 PM
@Alora, I meant reasons WHY Kivan was scummy.

@Khelgar, fair enough. Most of my reads should be obvious from the day but I like

Cernd, Anomen and Mazzy as scum.
Sarevok, Minsc, Kivan as town.
One of Safana/Vicionia as scum, leaning Viconia.
Yeslick and Montron sit as nulls.

Alora and Branwen would be fatal to the group to kill. I'm still getting scum vibes from Alora but I see Branwen as town. Her performance Day 2 really picked up.

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 12:11 PM
**The fatal to the group to kill supposes they are town obviously.

FM Korgan
August 28th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Korgan mentions it now for the 4th time. Korgan has not enough time to do deep analysing of people. Korgan has strong dwarven instincts. Korgan doesn't think those 2 are doing much for town. Korgan just realised that he mixed Minsc with Keldorn.
Korgan wants to apologize for it.

Korgan thinks that you should take the grain part as a metaphor and ignore the details. Every field is full with plants and some of them are grain. That's how you should look at it.

Korgan doesn't like Shar-teel either. Korgan doesn't like women without beards. Same goes for Yoshimo the cross-dressing thief.

FM Korgan
August 28th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Korgan has to attend a tavern party now. Korgan has to warm his nuckles up for it. Korgan wishes you a productive day!

FM Korgan
August 28th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Korgan's last hint for today. People who only talk about mechanics and riddles are scummy. Korgan wants you all to look for these guys. They have a high chance to flip scum.

FM Coran
August 28th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Hey, I'm just passing to say that I'm still alive and reading the thread even though I don't have much time to post today... Really busy day at work.
A soon as I'm less busy, I 'll try to put my scum/town/neutral list here or during day 3. (Better chance it will be here)

I'm glad that no one has asked a question directly to me so far since I wouldn't have been able to answer.
Also note that I'm keeping the puzzle in mind and I'm still searching for a better answer. (No luck so far though)

Cheers.

FM Yoshimo
August 28th, 2013, 03:37 PM

Before hearing that the gargoyle and siren ultimately did not relate to the other groups' riddles, I and others suspected that Satyr might be a clue that the answer related to fertility/life/growth/seed, which is certainly in keeping with grain. Unfortunately, that seemed to be a dead end.

What swims in blood?

I asked this same question to the group the first time we were given this riddle. I accumulated a small list, but it didn't go anywhere. I don't have it since the archive was disappeared. Valygar might be able to copy it across if he is feeling super helpful.

FM Yoshimo
August 28th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Also, where are Jan and Xan?

FM Valygar
August 28th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Although I am feeling super helpful, I only have the archive copied for the Gargoyle chat :P I only had early exposure to the riddle through Korgan who posted it in Heartwarden chat.

FM Yoshimo
August 28th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Although I am feeling super helpful, I only have the archive copied for the Gargoyle chat :P I only had early exposure to the riddle through Korgan who posted it in Heartwarden chat.

Oh no worries :)

I think I had things like: disease, infection, courage/virtues, parasites, dissolveable substances, alcohol, oxygen, weapons: knives, swords, any blade.

FM Valygar
August 28th, 2013, 03:59 PM

To be honest, I barely remember these people :/

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Any blade... What about a spear? The head of a spear is shaped like a fish and it would naturally swim in blood.

FM Jan
August 28th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I'm gonna catch up but this is why the barbarian would kill the harper

harpers are the bahllspawns enemies so it would be best for them to kill an harpers at first chance

Actually they would just be replaced, so knowing one and keeping them alive while you hunt the other could work as once the one that isn't known dies you kill the one that you already knew and then no more Harpers as I don't believe they convert the night they die.

I'm good with Faith as an answer. If Mazzy does come up with the correct clue, despite the fact he could be a Cult Diviner, lets lynch Anomen, as that would mean he lied about the investigation. If Anomen then flips Spy, then Mazzy got a lucky break, or Anomen is retarded. Simple stuff you already know.

FM Jan
August 28th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Sorry bout bein gone, school. The usual stuff.

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Can you give your thoughts on the past discussion regarding Safana/Viconia, Cernd and Yeslick?

FM Jan
August 28th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Safana: Probably thief, honestly I don't know why that solution worked, I was 90% sure it was wrong. Thief would explain it.
Viconia: I would feel if she is town she isn't an explorer due to the fact that apparently she didn't want to originally be the volunteer. Probably not even town.
Cernd: He is my IRL X10. Arrogant, controlling, and a flat out ass hole. I don't think he is scum, I just don't like him.
Yesclick: I haven't been paying attention to this guy.

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Yesclick, LOL.

I'm beginning to think Spear might be a viable alternative.

Spears swim in blood when used in war.
When there are some spears, there are often more.
There's a type of grass called speargrass.
To use a spear properly, it rains down from above.

FM Khelgar
August 28th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Actually they would just be replaced, so knowing one and keeping them alive while you hunt the other could work as once the one that isn't known dies you kill the one that you already knew and then no more Harpers as I don't believe they convert the night they die.

I'm good with Faith as an answer. If Mazzy does come up with the correct clue, despite the fact he could be a Cult Diviner, lets lynch Anomen, as that would mean he lied about the investigation. If Anomen then flips Spy, then Mazzy got a lucky break, or Anomen is retarded. Simple stuff you already know.

That post confuses me, elaborate on what you mean. harpers would have to forsaken night action to recruit, and they can only recruit explorers. So it only benefits bhaalspawn to kill harpers.

FM Khelgar
August 28th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Instead of them waiting it out

FM Valygar
August 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM
That post confuses me, elaborate on what you mean. harpers would have to forsaken night action to recruit, and they can only recruit explorers. So it only benefits bhaalspawn to kill harpers.

Oh yeah, I remember now: Jan is the barbarian..

FM Valygar
August 28th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Khelgar, your avatar amuses me...

I don't think it's 'spear': if we were thinking that way, I'd definitely go with 'blade' instead. That being said, I still think the best answer we have is 'faith' at the moment, and I don't know whether or not to be confident in it.

FM Jan
August 28th, 2013, 05:27 PM

Simple, if the Harper were to be killed then the other one would simply recruit a replacement unless he somehow kills the other one that night. If however a Bhaalspawn were to wait for the second Harper to die they can kill the revealed one before he recruits.

FM Khelgar
August 28th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Simple, if the Harper were to be killed then the other one would simply recruit a replacement unless he somehow kills the other one that night. If however a Bhaalspawn were to wait for the second Harper to die they can kill the revealed one before he recruits.

True but it will only hinder harpers in long run. Like I said harper then have to forsaken night action to recruit, even then they don't have a 100% chance to be successful. When it comes down to it, it had more benefits for the spawns than leaving them. I'm at class but I will speak more when I get time.

FM Jan
August 28th, 2013, 05:58 PM
True but it will only hinder harpers in long run. Like I said harper then have to forsaken night action to recruit, even then they don't have a 100% chance to be successful. When it comes down to it, it had more benefits for the spawns than leaving them. I'm at class but I will speak more when I get time.

Yet Harper night actions can't really hurt a Bhaalspawn that much. They can hurt the Cult, but not really a Bhaalspawn. Besides, when the town is an option to be sided with, it is much better to completely eliminate the Harpers in one blow as if they did recruit a town that only hurts the team you're trying to side with as if you kill another Harper then another could be recruited, thus causing you to contribute to killing off the town.

FM Khelgar
August 28th, 2013, 06:20 PM
[quote=roles]
Harper Agent (Sheriff)
Check one player each night to see if they are corrupted with the taint of Bhaal. Cultists, Bhaalspawn and players affected by a Curse will show up as corrupted. (bad for spawns)

Harper Guardian (Bodyguard/Enforcer)
Can protect a player each night (+1). If they are attacked, the Guardian kills their assailant (-1), but he dies in the process. (can be bad for spawns)

Harper Alchemist (Gunsmith)
May give alchemist’s fire to a targeted player at night. (could backfire on harper if given to wrong people)

Harper Paragon (Mason Leader)
At night, the Harper Paragon may attempt to smite a target to kill the Cultists of Bhaal (-1). Targets who are not Cultists are not killed, but they will be roleblocker. (hurts spawns because of roleblocker and kills of cults)[quote]

I'm 99% sure there is a ML due to the roleblocker claim that went around and how it RBs people if not cult.

Each harper is bad to let living because they only benefit town in long run, if a spawn wants to have the biggest advantage to win on either side they would kill harpers, because it might be -1 town +1 harper but it also means that haprers have to waste time doing so. Why so defensive about the harper/spawn? what made me saying this cause you to suddenly spring to life?

FM Khelgar
August 28th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Harper Agent (Sheriff)
Check one player each night to see if they are corrupted with the taint of Bhaal. Cultists, Bhaalspawn and players affected by a Curse will show up as corrupted. (bad for spawns)

Harper Guardian (Bodyguard/Enforcer)
Can protect a player each night (+1). If they are attacked, the Guardian kills their assailant (-1), but he dies in the process. (can be bad for spawns)

Harper Alchemist (Gunsmith)
May give alchemist’s fire to a targeted player at night. (could backfire on harper if given to wrong people)

Harper Paragon (Mason Leader)
At night, the Harper Paragon may attempt to smite a target to kill the Cultists of Bhaal (-1). Targets who are not Cultists are not killed, but they will be roleblocker. (hurts spawns because of roleblocker and kills of cults)

I'm 99% sure there is a ML due to the roleblocker claim that went around and how it RBs people if not cult.

Each harper is bad to let living because they only benefit town in long run, if a spawn wants to have the biggest advantage to win on either side they would kill harpers, because it might be -1 town +1 harper but it also means that haprers have to waste time doing so. Why so defensive about the harper/spawn? what made me saying this cause you to suddenly spring to life?

fix the quoting

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Khelgar, your avatar amuses me...

I don't think it's 'spear': if we were thinking that way, I'd definitely go with 'blade' instead. That being said, I still think the best answer we have is 'faith' at the moment, and I don't know whether or not to be confident in it.

I am relatively confident faith is the answer. I suggested spear for those who were not comfortable with faith. I like faith enough but spear is an alternative.

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I am relatively confident there is no gunsmith in the game as we received no feedback of someone receiving a gun. Paragon and Enforcer seem to be more likely for balance purposes. Bodyguard for the night kill ands and Paragon to deal with the size of the cult.

FM Coran
August 28th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Hey, I'm back and not busy for 2h30~

And 20 minutes later...

Sorry bout bein gone, school. The usual stuff.

This is quite a good timing don't you think?

Still searching for an answer on my side.
Spear doesn't look good.
If we take in consideration the two other answers, it would not be something material.
Vengeance and secret can be something bad... so I guess we should search in the same way.

FM Sand
August 28th, 2013, 06:55 PM
I apologize for not being as active as I should be.

I hope you can wait for me I am looking forward to annoy everyone.

FM Khelgar
August 28th, 2013, 07:06 PM
I am relatively confident there is no gunsmith in the game as we received no feedback of someone receiving a gun. Paragon and Enforcer seem to be more likely for balance purposes. Bodyguard for the night kill ands and Paragon to deal with the size of the cult.

Agreed on ML what you think about it being a sheriff instead of bg though? to find spawns and cult?

As for riddle, seeing how the others were i guess "abstract" answers (or whatever the word is) spear would not fit it seeing how one was vengence and forgot the other one. If Jan is a barbarian it would be in your best interest to kill the acclaimed harper or ask towns to see who they would want dead because right now its unbeneficial for the barbarian to not kill because if duke makes it to late game they could be like "fuck you" and lynch you killing harpers gives town more reason to side with spawns then harpers. Also FM Valygar, I was looking through random pictures and found this to be amusing. So I picked this, I might change it some time later but for now I'm keeping it.

Also I'm gonna stir this night chat with a possible gambit: FM Shar-Teel is a PR

FM Khelgar
August 28th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Well its not really a gambit becasue im not in game so let me rephrase it like this

FM Shar-Teel is a PR

FM Coran
August 28th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Well its not really a gambit becasue im not in game so let me rephrase it like this

FM Shar-Teel is a PR

Town PR hunting, Scum move.

VOTE FM Khelgar!

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I am not going to respond to that because I like the scums having to jump through levels of wifom to determine my role. Hopefully, I am not ruining your gambit.

My night 1 chat also speculated I was a PR. I didn't confirm or deny then either.

Coran, he's a reserve. Otherwise, I would.

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 07:18 PM
BG I find more likely due to the sheer amount of night kills and the harper recruitment if they die. Sherrif just gets a lot of positives. Given the lack of night kills, that could be curses done by the neutral killers, cult or plenty of other things.

FM Coran
August 28th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I am not going to respond to that because I like the scums having to jump through levels of wifom to determine my role. Hopefully, I am not ruining your gambit.

My night 1 chat also speculated I was a PR. I didn't confirm or deny then either.

Coran, he's a reserve. Otherwise, I would.

I know he's a reserve ;)
It was only a joke.

And there's no way I would talk about someone being PR or not.
It better and less anti-town to look for scum instead of TPR.

FM Xan
August 28th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Yeah, uh, Xan is unable to post tonight because lots of IRL stuff popped up. This weekend he should be much better.

No idea what the riddle could be. "Life" was all Xan could think of. Meh.

Still have access to the thread. Xan can propose a solution if necessary. Xan volunteers as tribute to make up for extended absence.

Apologies again.

FM Coran
August 28th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Yeah, uh, Xan is unable to post tonight because lots of IRL stuff popped up. This weekend he should be much better.

No idea what the riddle could be. "Life" was all Xan could think of. Meh.

Still have access to the thread. Xan can propose a solution if necessary. Xan volunteers as tribute to make up for extended absence.

Apologies again.

If you want to volunteer, you need to propose a solution.(In this case so far, Faith)
Then we could vote for you.

FM Valygar
August 28th, 2013, 08:48 PM
I am the investisheriff, and Khelgar is the Savage Godfather.

In all seriousness, I've thought about it and I can't think of anything better than 'faith'. I really don't want any living soul to have to spend another day at this horrid gate, but I am not entirely confident in 'faith'. I propose we send someone like Viconia again:
1) Semi expendable (moreso than Haer Dalis or Shar Teel)
2) On the off chance that Mazzy is somehow a town diviner, it gives us that option
3) If she is having IRL issues which make frequent posting difficult, this might be a better use for her since it only requires a -propose and a report the day after.

FM Coran
August 28th, 2013, 08:50 PM
I have to say this though... being lurky and posting that you want to volunteer...

I get this

"Hi, I'm a lurky scum and I want to volunteer because I have a chance to get the clue and keep it to myself."

feeling. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FM Shar-Teel
August 28th, 2013, 09:06 PM
I am the investisheriff, and Khelgar is the Savage Godfather.

In all seriousness, I've thought about it and I can't think of anything better than 'faith'. I really don't want any living soul to have to spend another day at this horrid gate, but I am not entirely confident in 'faith'. I propose we send someone like Viconia again:
1) Semi expendable (moreso than Haer Dalis or Shar Teel)
2) On the off chance that Mazzy is somehow a town diviner, it gives us that option
3) If she is having IRL issues which make frequent posting difficult, this might be a better use for her since it only requires a -propose and a report the day after.

If you feel Virconia is a better target, vote to send her. Given the differences in what Casavir said, I'm not so sure sending someone we cannot trust is a good option.

FM Valygar
August 28th, 2013, 09:13 PM
FM Viconia

FM Coran
August 28th, 2013, 09:58 PM
FM Viconia

Why not.

FM Viconia

She better propose a solution before the end of the night of it's a 66% chance of dying.
The last "Propose solution" she did is not good and asked Cespenar to edit it to make it legit xD
And she did not propose Faith by the way. It was "HOPE".

I wonder if it will work...must try it!

Can you fix Viconia's "Propose solution" in post #23 so it can be legit?

FM Yoshimo
August 29th, 2013, 12:39 AM
And 20 minutes later...

This is quite a good timing don't you think?

This stuck out to me too. Jan pretty much miraculously appeared as soon as I called her out.

More than that, her opinions were considered and uptodate opinions, meaning that she's read Day 2 and knows what's happening. If she had time to read Day 2, then she had time to post. I think Jan is following the game closely and deliberately hiding in the shadows.

I do not think Jan is a simple afk who is disinterested in the game.

I do not like this.

FM Xan
August 29th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Coran, your opinion makes sense. But if Xan doesn't reveal the clue, lynch him. Easy solution.
Plus the same can be said of anyone else, especially if we're sending in someone for scumminess.

Propose solution
Faith

FM Haer-Dalis
August 29th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Why not.

FM Viconia

She better propose a solution before the end of the night of it's a 66% chance of dying.
The last "Propose solution" she did is not good and asked Cespenar to edit it to make it legit xD
And she did not propose Faith by the way. It was "HOPE".

I wonder if it will work...must try it!

Can you fix Viconia's "Propose solution" in post #23 so it can be legit?

Same thing happened in the n1 puzzle chat. If you pile the votes on her then she will come back right before the end of the night.

FM Khelgar
August 29th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Know what you guys could do? Send Jan, jan claims barbarian who wants to win with both sides, jan is immune at night as of now if he is barbarian, so that way you don't have to risk another possible town, plus if jan still wants to have the favor of town if he is he would reveal clue. This can also nearly confirm if jan is indeed a spawn or not.

FM Ferengi
August 29th, 2013, 11:28 AM
REMINDER: Deadline to send in night actions is 2 hours before night ending.

FM Shar-Teel
August 29th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Khelgar, that is a good idea poorly timed. We need to figure out the accuracy of Viconia's claims first if we send someone we suspect of not being town aligned.

Can you answer Coran's question?

FM Korgan
August 29th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Korgan drank too much dwarven ale last night. Korgan wont be productive for the rest of the night.

FM Valygar
August 29th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Well, we didn't exactly accomplish much tonight. However, I know you all wanted to be here as much as I did, so I guess it's excusable :P I should be somewhat available for the last few hours, so if we need to switch to someone other than Viconia due to her answer, then I would be willing to switch to someone like Xan. However, I don't want to send Jan if she is a Bhaalspawn because, if she gets it right, she could easily withhold the clue and prevent us from ever solving the puzzle.

FM Khelgar
August 29th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Khelgar, that is a good idea poorly timed. We need to figure out the accuracy of Viconia's claims first if we send someone we suspect of not being town aligned.

Ya i didn't think of it until much later when I was sitting around reflecting on the fm. :/

But that makes me wonder

if a player voluntarily volunteers can they override the vote?

Also xan saying he is willing to volunteer makes me think he is a mere explorer because of the still undecided answer as of now. A scum wouldn't be doing that unless the group is 100% sure. He is probably doing that so town does not lose another pr to a trap. Besides if he tries to hide the clue you can just lynch him.

for spawns can there be duplicate roles (ie 2 barbarians or something)

I'm trying to figure out what the role list is. I'm allowed to role fish and be scummy without any problems as of now ;)

FM Valygar
August 29th, 2013, 01:53 PM
*Yawns

FM Shar-Teel
August 29th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Volunteers break ties. Safana asked that question in our puzzle chat night 1.

FM Yoshimo
August 29th, 2013, 02:50 PM
So who are we sending?

FM Khelgar
August 29th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Seeing how you 2 are here you could change to Jan but dunno if he proposed solution.

FM Valygar
August 29th, 2013, 02:57 PM
This game has been plagued by inactivity... to be safe, I will switch to Xan because he has proposed 'faith': I will hope he is an explorer or a ballsy PR rather than scum.

FM Xan

FM Yoshimo
August 29th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I prefer Xan over Jan.

Xan

FM Ferengi
August 29th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Done.

if a player voluntarily volunteers can they override the vote?
They can break ties by self-voting.

for spawns can there be duplicate roles (ie 2 barbarians or something)
The possibility is not excluded.

FM Coran
August 29th, 2013, 03:01 PM
I see that Viconia did not came back...

FM Xan

Now let's hope that Faith was the right answer... I don't want to come back here next night.

FM Shar-Teel
August 29th, 2013, 03:11 PM
FM Xan

I'm on board with this.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 29th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Sorry I haven't been helping much in here. I have been busy. I was thinking about the possibility that Cernd is a Half-Dragon. It seems like he wants people to visit him by the way he acts. Thoughts?

FM Shar-Teel
August 29th, 2013, 03:22 PM
That is quite possible. The question is, how do we prove it? We cannot have PRs visit him, due to the risk of being killed if correct.

FM Yoshimo
August 29th, 2013, 03:38 PM
We should try and agree on the tasks for the coming day.

I want to see:

1. Mazzy forced to prove Diviner, or lynched. No excuses.
2. Anomen (if still living, why?) forced to prove Spy, or dealt with.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 29th, 2013, 03:41 PM
We should try and agree on the tasks for the coming day.

I want to see:

1. Mazzy forced to prove Diviner, or lynched. No excuses.
2. Anomen (if still living, why?) forced to prove Spy, or dealt with.

I'd like Yeslick pressured if Mazzy is for sure scum. He is most likely scum based on his voting pattern. Also I want Nalia's replacement whoever it may be to talk. Based on her day 1 posts I still think she is probably scum.

FM Shar-Teel
August 29th, 2013, 03:43 PM
1. Verify Mazzy/Alora/Anomen claims.
2. Get Cernd to quit acting anti-town, verify if Cernd is half-dragon if possible.

-------------------

Goals

1. Lynch scum. Probably from the names above unless we have concrete evidence otherwise.
2. Try to pressure others.

If we proceed with the plans of lynching from a set list, we cannot announce that plan. Otherwise, the other scum or anti-town players will take it as license to be as scummy as they want to. See Cernd for a specific example.

Yeslick, I can see as scum based off the voting pattern. If we throw some pressure on him, he may crack.

FM Yoshimo
August 29th, 2013, 03:48 PM
1. Verify Mazzy/Alora

How can we verify Alora?

Her claim seems good without a counterclaim from another Harper. The Harpers could be holding off on counter-claiming her but to me it seems practical to presume her innocence until they do.

FM Shar-Teel
August 29th, 2013, 03:53 PM
I put Alora's name in there because I like to trust but verify. Like you said, the Harpers could be holding off Counter Claiming.

FM Coran
August 29th, 2013, 03:54 PM
1. Verify Mazzy/Alora/Anomen claims.
2. Get Cernd to quit acting anti-town, verify if Cernd is half-dragon if possible.

-------------------

Goals

1. Lynch scum. Probably from the names above unless we have concrete evidence otherwise.
2. Try to pressure others.

If we proceed with the plans of lynching from a set list, we cannot announce that plan. Otherwise, the other scum or anti-town players will take it as license to be as scummy as they want to. See Cernd for a specific example.

Yeslick, I can see as scum based off the voting pattern. If we throw some pressure on him, he may crack.

Good plan.

FM Ferengi
August 29th, 2013, 05:54 PM
The party of adventurers that had been tasked with the objective to solve the riddle of the Satyr's Gate returned through the labyrinth, disgruntled looks on their faces. One had already fallen victim to the trap, and these unfortunate few were not eager at all to try again.

The group did not have a difficult time deciding what answer they would try this time, because they'd thought about it the day before. Still, there was always they still weren't on the right track with their process of thought.

After some deliberation, it was Xan's turn to volunteer. He laid his hand upon the gate, like he had done earlier this night. He hesitated for a moment, biting his lip. But then he spoke out loud the word that they had chosen: "Faith."

The eyes of the Satyr's head glowed in a red light as the walls rumbled again. Quickly the light grew brighter and brighter, until a blinding flash caused the group to back away and cover their eyes in a reflex. When they all dared to look again to see what had happened, they saw that the gate remained sealed. Much to their dismay.

The volunteer stood still. His eyes and mouth open, but he was unable to scream. Suddenly he fell to his knees, coughing and gasping for breath. Yet he did not perish as Skie did. He had been lucky that night at cheating death.