PDA

View Full Version : Role tracker

Calculus
August 24th, 2013, 06:39 PM
First of all, I would like to apologise for any major typo's or grammar issues since I am currently writing this from my phone. I'll fix it when I am at a pc if it's glaringly irritating.

As for my suggestion:
I notice that it's often extremely difficult to keep track of player's roles when they massively whisper you. Therefore, I am suggesting to add a small tab next to player's name where we can click all the roles. This mechanic will allow people to have an easier time in keeping track of everything.

To give an example:
2. Hunk <role>

Suppose the player Hunk (number 2) whispers to me with Citizen. Then I could for example click the role tab and assign Citizen.

Result:
2. Hunk <Citizen>

Admittedly, the techie stuff is not strong with me, however if something like this could be implented then I believe it would make the game in general a lot easier to play.

pat_power
August 24th, 2013, 07:33 PM
You should type it on a sheet of paper... I wouldn't use what you're suggesting, but wouldn't hurt adding it. People who know a lot of roles, like Mayor, often type roles in lw.

Slaol
August 24th, 2013, 07:36 PM
type it on a sheet of paper

type it on

a sheet of paper

pat_power can TYPE on PAPER!

Calculus
August 24th, 2013, 07:38 PM
That's currently what I am using, however I have noticed from personal experience at other mafia games that it is in general more convenient to keep track of players when something like this is implented. Especially for players whom play dozen of games in a row.

Edit: Also, I don't see the relation to what I am suggesting and lw. Lw is just a last message that you want to give to the other players. What I am suggesting is something to make the tracking of all the players whom you suspect easier.

It doesn't necessarily need to be the mayor for that matter. For instance whenever I play a game of maf I tend to look at player's behaviour and mentally drop them in certain role categories. With this function I can drop them in certain roles for later review. Suppose for example that I see a player acting like a inves role. I will then assign him an inves role such as Investigator or Sheriff.

Lets say 5 days have passed since I dropped that player temporarily in an inves role. The situation has degenerated in a lylo (lynch or lose) situation where I have the call. In such a situation it is handy for me to have my initial opinion ready, because then I know what to look for in the log.

Normally there won't be sufficient time for me to read through the entire log. With this I can skim through it and watch for the important parts (i.e. Why I initially suspected that person to be legit inves). I noticed that a lot of details are forgotten throughout the game or there isn't sufficient time to read through the entire log.

Frankly, I don't see anything that can be gamebreaking and is in general making the game a bit more convenient since I won't have to write a thousand words per hour.

AppleyNO
August 24th, 2013, 07:47 PM
That's currently what I am using, however I have noticed from personal experience at other mafia games that it is in general more convenient to keep track of players when something like this is implented. Especially for players whom play dozen of games in a row.

Edit: Also, I don't see the relation to what I am suggestin and lw. Lw is just a last message that you want to give to the other players. What I am suggesting is something to make the tracking of all the players whom you suspect easier.
I know what you are talking about... Having like a menu where you can pick what you think someone is.

AppleyNO - Vote - Mafia (There would also be role options)