PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the afterlife

Pages : [1] 2

Forum Mafia GM
August 23rd, 2013, 09:57 PM
Our rules here are simple.

Once a day/night we will allow for deadlynches of living players to reveal their role.

Claiming COMs is completely allowed, but you may also choose to hide them for your own sick sick pleasure.

I'll be creating some polls and threads for discussion shortly.

FM Edwin
August 24th, 2013, 04:30 PM
I think some people would know who I am xD

FM Ferengi
August 24th, 2013, 04:35 PM
We were sort of wondering why you wrote such a big last will. A lot more effort seemed to have gone into that than your daytime defense. I think you wouldn't have been lynched if you'd just posted that.

The problem seemed to be that people thought you weren't taking the game seriously and were scum that had given up.

Forum Mafia GM
August 24th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Edwin, you are currently in control of the deadlynch.

FM Edwin
August 24th, 2013, 11:38 PM
We were sort of wondering why you wrote such a big last will. A lot more effort seemed to have gone into that than your daytime defense. I think you wouldn't have been lynched if you'd just posted that.

The problem seemed to be that people thought you weren't taking the game seriously and were scum that had given up.

Don't think so. They didn't even believe my role.

FM Edwin
August 25th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Btw how are the awards chosen this time?

FM Skie
August 26th, 2013, 01:06 AM
-_____________________________________________-

FM Skie
August 26th, 2013, 01:07 AM
Don't think so. They didn't even believe my role.

i would have unvoted if you would have posted that. I would have asked others to vote you down as well.

Forum Mafia GM
August 26th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Skie. Who would you like to deadlynch? You are currently the only player here to do it.
Sadly, your knowledge of your own actions and their feedbacks make your knowledge too much to let you reserve back in.

FM Eldoth
August 30th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Eh, I knew my inactivity would be me getting hit during the night. I was actually going to tell them that i volunteer as some of the other people are able to do more then what i have currently. Oh well

FM Viconia
August 31st, 2013, 06:27 PM
Greetings.

I am Poriomania.

Any criticisms on my play there?

FM Viconia
August 31st, 2013, 06:28 PM
FM Kivan

FM Ferengi
August 31st, 2013, 07:30 PM
Hello and welcome.

We were both shocked to see you lynched over Mazzy. The lies she pulled off were quite a stunt. You might have been safer claiming some PR that people didn't want to sacrifice. Many people consider citizens expendable on here, which is a pretty big mistake if you ask me.

FM Viconia
August 31st, 2013, 07:37 PM
Well, at least she will be lynched eventually.

I am disappointed how I was lynched. Literally, no one took into consideration of my behavior at all.

It was frustrating.

----

EDIT: I dislike lying as town - I've seen some major town losses due to the fact.

Blegh, I hate getting killed in my first big FM. Is there an outside chance that I might be able to replace in later?

FM Ferengi
August 31st, 2013, 07:44 PM
Considering you have no knowledge yet that living players do not other than the fact that Mazzy lied, you could possibly replace in after Mazzy's death. You'd have to be cut off from dead chat though.

FM Ferengi
August 31st, 2013, 07:47 PM
Well, technically there's the clues you got. I'd have to discuss with Bhaal, but I probably won't see him until tomorrow.

FM Viconia
August 31st, 2013, 07:47 PM
After Mazzy dies can I participate in the puzzle chats if they still have them?

I'm fine being cut off from the dead chat. You can hear my thoughts through my notes QT.

FM Viconia
August 31st, 2013, 07:48 PM
Should be fine to ask this question.

Were there any glaring mistakes that I made when I replaced in?

FM Ferengi
August 31st, 2013, 09:23 PM
You will not be able to replace back in because of the feedback you got, sorry.

Were there any glaring mistakes that I made when I replaced in?
Aside from not being very active at defending yourself early enough, not really. It was a bit of a too little, too late case.

You could also have taken Faldorn's example to pick Mazzy's clues apart. Because there was a pretty glaring mistake in there.

Have you ever heard of anything gRowing brightly? Didn't think so.

FM Viconia
August 31st, 2013, 09:39 PM
Ehh, it's fine. I probably need to relax on the number of ongoing games I'm in anyways.

I literally did not pay attention to the clue stuff. It's unfamiliar territory.

*checks back*

OH MY GOD. GROWING BRIGHTLY? HOW DID NO ONE PICK THAT UP.

I am disappointed in myself.

FM Viconia
August 31st, 2013, 09:44 PM
Can you enable puzzle chat access for us?

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
:( I got it wrong, I was so sure that was the answer.

FM Sarevok
September 2nd, 2013, 06:25 PM
Fuck.

FM Sarevok
September 2nd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Necromancer ate me for breakfast.

Forum Mafia GM
September 2nd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Can you enable puzzle chat access for us?

The active ones or the archive?

Forum Mafia GM
September 2nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
Necromancer ate me for breakfast.

Dat graveyard thread.

FM Sarevok
September 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
I was setting myself up to lead the town to the glorious reincarnation of Bhaal. Looks like that didn't work out as well as I had hoped.

Okay, so Mazzy, care to share your COM?

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 06:32 PM
Oh snap, my death wasn't the trap, the death descriptions are out.

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Before I died did I open Satyr's Gate?

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
I was setting myself up to lead the town to the glorious reincarnation of Bhaal. Looks like that didn't work out as well as I had hoped.

Okay, so Mazzy, care to share your COM?

Wouldn't you like to know :p

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Think I would have gotten away with it sarevok?

FM Sarevok
September 2nd, 2013, 06:36 PM
Think I would have gotten away with it sarevok?

You were trying. I guess time would have told. You needed just one more day xD

FM Minsc
September 2nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Dat Necro Cult eater. There goes my MVP :(

Mazzy you are so welcome for living these past few days. :p

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
Really that last one was a far shot, but I had high hopes until I got whacked.

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
YES! I locked away a clue!

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 06:41 PM
Would justice have opened the Gargoyle's Gate?

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 06:42 PM
By the way, I may be dead, but I'm not done yet sarevok, I left a last will, lets see how that turns out.

FM Minsc
September 2nd, 2013, 06:43 PM
With our deaths Town just got an easier time to wim. QQ. QQ.

FM Mazzy
Dat Necro Cult eater. There goes my MVP :(

Mazzy you are so welcome for living these past few days. :p

What do you mean?

Forum Mafia GM
Can you guys start other threads? Pretty sure that is on.

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 06:45 PM
Can you guys start other threads? Pretty sure that is on.

Yes

FM Minsc
September 2nd, 2013, 06:47 PM
I can start new thread

@Mazzy

That day was exhausting. I had to set up my entire posts to remain anti-mazzy while still giving her the outlets she needed to stay alive, which I did so by engaging and destroying a few points against mazzy or players that were pro viconia. Then I had to setup up a reasonable place to suggest to keep the votes even, thankfully provided for me. Then, assuming all thta worked out great the votes would gradually turn against viconia with the continual implantation of the words Viconia + Scummy being thrown around and getting stuck in players heads. At the exact same time I had to maintain an anti-mazzy, but pro-unified town, stance that didn't have any obvious holes in it. The day worked out the way I wanted it to, just barely ending with a slight majority on Viconia and a properly timed switch vote onto her from Mazzy which lead to an influx of sheep following me without knowing they were following me in the first place.

What I mean here is that when I voted I had to time it when there was a slighlt majority of votes on Viconia vs Mazzy so that sheep see that majoirty and then do what comes naturally. I truely have to thank Khalid and Imnoum{whoever} for being my scapegoats and letting me work in the shadows more so than I'd have had to if they weren't there. This here is the reason I switched my vote to Viconia when she was only three votes ahead of Mazzy.

FM Minsc
September 2nd, 2013, 06:49 PM
My point here is that I saved your buttocked from death twice. :P

FM Quayle
September 2nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Baal damnit.
I'm dead.

FM Minsc
September 2nd, 2013, 06:55 PM
I was very sad to have died. I thought I was doing well enough to avoid being targeted :(
I was just to good at being good I guess :P

FM Quayle
September 2nd, 2013, 06:59 PM
My death is the worst thing that could happen, actually.
You'll see why soon or eventually, lol.

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 07:04 PM
With the release of my last will you are the only player that will be capable of defending townies, you will be at our mercy!

FM Safana
September 2nd, 2013, 07:12 PM
Curses. My Bhaalspawn ploy failed me.

I was FM Jan. Hoped faking Barbarian might keep everyone off me until the Sanctum opened, and then convince the Cult Leader to witch Branwen -who claimed Cleric- onto me to keep me safe.

Honestly I wasn't expecting a Doppleganger to attack me before the Sanctum opened.

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
Curses. My Bhaalspawn ploy failed me.

I was FM Jan. Hoped faking Barbarian might keep everyone off me until the Sanctum opened, and then convince the Cult Leader to witch Branwen -who claimed Cleric- onto me to keep me safe.

Honestly I wasn't expecting a Doppleganger to attack me before the Sanctum opened.

Fuck, I thought you were the prophet.

FM Safana
September 2nd, 2013, 07:16 PM
Fuck, I thought you were the prophet.

Just a lowly assassin I'm afraid...

FM Sarevok
September 2nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
Lol, we ALSO LOST FM JAN

THATS 4 CULTS

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 07:17 PM
We could be in trouble then, losing a couple is okay, but losing 4 in one night will be hard to recover from, at least they don't know you were cult.

FM Safana
September 2nd, 2013, 07:19 PM
Lol, we ALSO LOST FM JAN

THATS 4 CULTS

Yeah... but Shar-Teel seems pretty competent...

FM Sarevok
September 2nd, 2013, 07:21 PM
Yeah... but Shar-Teel seems pretty competent...

But we are fucked because Cernd is going to fill the town leader vacuum that myself and Minsc left, and since he is obviously Damus, we are fucked.

FM Safana
September 2nd, 2013, 07:27 PM
But we are fucked because Cernd is going to fill the town leader vacuum that myself and Minsc left, and since he is obviously Damus, we are fucked.

Well this is going to be pretty one sided now. Bhaalspawn fucked it for us. Little bastards.

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 07:30 PM
Well this is going to be pretty one sided now. Bhaalspawn fucked it for us. Little bastards.

IKR, and I had a message to the bhaalspawns for tommorow, I left it in my last will and intended to give it out personally if I survived, but with so many dead they may not take it seriously.

FM Minsc
September 2nd, 2013, 07:53 PM

Man. I hate being so well known.. QQ

IKR, and I had a message to the bhaalspawns for tommorow, I left it in my last will and intended to give it out personally if I survived, but with so many dead they may not take it seriously.

They will ignore it. Good odds.

FM Minsc
September 2nd, 2013, 07:53 PM

I'm Damus :D

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 07:56 PM
They will ignore it. Good odds.

Now probably, but with a full cult, and hidden clues, like I had hoped to leave them with, we would have been golden.

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 07:57 PM

You have it out for me ... Guess my com?

FM Minsc
September 2nd, 2013, 07:59 PM
Now probably, but with a full cult, and hidden clues, like I had hoped to leave them with, we would have been golden.

That would have required you to live for another two days. Which was impossible due to bad play

You have it out for me ... Guess my com?

I don't com hunt.

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 07:59 PM
That would have required you to live for another two days. Which was impossible due to bad play

If you had seen my night chat, I had everyone in it believing I was the prophet, they would not have lynched me.

FM Minsc
September 2nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
If you had seen my night chat, I had everyone in it believing I was the prophet, they would not have lynched me.

Again. Bad play

FM Sarevok
September 2nd, 2013, 08:24 PM

Oh.

Oh my god we were so going to win.

AppleyNO!

FM Sarevok
September 2nd, 2013, 08:25 PM
Shar-Teel forgot my colors.

FM Viconia
September 2nd, 2013, 08:26 PM
I am happy with my read on you, Appley.

FM Minsc
September 2nd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Oh.

Oh my god we were so going to win.

AppleyNO!

Yeah. Not anymore though.

FM Sarevok
September 2nd, 2013, 08:38 PM
I am happy with my read on you, Appley.

What was it T.T

I was turned from Assassin into Drug Dealer

FM Mazzy
September 2nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
What was it T.T

Yay, good news, that means we have a quartermaster!

FM Viconia
September 2nd, 2013, 09:05 PM
What was it T.T

Remember Night 1 Siren's Gate chat?

EDIT: I love how both of the scum started their first posts with a "Hi?" and "That's how you do it, right?"

FM Sarevok
September 3rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Post 679 - FM Ajantis - Scum player since I had no idea who was cult.

FM Viconia
September 3rd, 2013, 09:17 PM
Who are the rest of the cult?

FM Sarevok
September 3rd, 2013, 09:20 PM
Who are the rest of the cult?

Shar-Teel, Valygar, and Keldorn are the cult that I know about. We may have converted others.

Shar-Teel and Valygar were starting cults.

FM Viconia
September 3rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
Wow, Shar-Teel is really good.

I was surprised at her Day 1 play but I think she's slipping.

FM Minsc
September 3rd, 2013, 11:23 PM
She is alright. But things are really easy right now for anyone to blend. The real test comes when the pressure actually appears and people think about who is more likely cult rather than hey look lurker. Also Town has Downs

FM Mazzy
September 4th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the grave Anomen.

FM Minsc
September 4th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Town has Downs

Hi

FM Skie
September 5th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Anomen deserved to die. Aggressive over nothing.

FM Anomen
September 5th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Welcome to the grave Anomen.

Thanks ^.^

Anomen deserved to die. Aggressive over nothing.

So mad

FM Sarevok
September 5th, 2013, 03:50 PM
A Shitizen.....

How not to play Forum Mafia, step one.

.-.

FM Imoen
September 6th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Thanks ^.^

So mad

I tried to save you and Viconia, but alas, I could not.

Out of curiosity, why did you lie about being the spy? You mentioned that you thought lynching Viconia would give us more information... Was that it, or did you actually trust Mazzy?

FM Anomen
September 7th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I'm always suspicious of easy lynch trains so I decided to derail it and see how everyone reacted.

If town wasn't so stupid they would see right thru shar-teel. D1 she seemed town, then d2 she tried to bus mazzy. She has started slipping, maybe too confident, but has started denying facts to pull off lynches.

FM Viconia
September 7th, 2013, 04:08 PM
"Sarevok has been scumhunting because puzzle solving"

Haha, no way.

FM Sarevok
September 7th, 2013, 04:31 PM
"Sarevok has been scumhunting because puzzle solving"

Haha, no way.

Actually, I was scumhuntung because I couldn't solve the puzzles even if I wanted to. :P

FM Viconia
September 7th, 2013, 04:36 PM
That's the talk I got from Shar-Teel regarding you.

It's nice to see the town finally come to the correct conclusion of Shar-Teel.

FM Imoen
September 7th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I'm always suspicious of easy lynch trains so I decided to derail it and see how everyone reacted.

If town wasn't so stupid they would see right thru shar-teel. D1 she seemed town, then d2 she tried to bus mazzy. She has started slipping, maybe too confident, but has started denying facts to pull off lynches.

Yeah, I really became suspicious of her during that last puzzle chat that killed me. I'm glad Cernd was there to witness it. He's certainly pushing against Shar-Teel, though for some reason the town won't listen to him. I don't know why they hate him so. It has been very clear to me all along that he is trustworthy.

FM Minsc
September 8th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Yeah, I really became suspicious of her during that last puzzle chat that killed me. I'm glad Cernd was there to witness it. He's certainly pushing against Shar-Teel, though for some reason the town won't listen to him. I don't know why they hate him so. It has been very clear to me all along that he is trustworthy.

I told him this would happen.

FM Viconia
September 8th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Welcome Shar-Teel to the afterlife

FM Shar-Teel
September 8th, 2013, 05:42 PM
If I hadn't had to claim. I was the quartermaster. Student was the only claim I could go for. I was dead after the sanctum opened so I positioned myself to hurt as many towns as possible by my death. Jaheria should be dead soon. The guy you and minsc visited is prolly half dragon.

FM Shar-Teel
September 8th, 2013, 05:46 PM
V I couldn't vouch for you because you eyed Sarevok. You have been the best player. Definitely keep playing Marquis.

Forum Mafia GM
September 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Shar-Teel, i'm glad you were killed before you overtook more actual members in post count.

FM Viconia
September 8th, 2013, 05:56 PM
V I couldn't vouch for you because you eyed Sarevok. You have been the best player. Definitely keep playing Marquis.
I revealed my com a while back..?

FM Shar-Teel
September 8th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Not deliberately. Your original avatar did. I am Titus. Mafiascum and here are both me.

FM Shar-Teel
September 8th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Shar-Teel, i'm glad you were killed before you overtook more actual members in post count.

You mean there's someone with more posts?

FM Viconia
September 8th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Not deliberately. Your original avatar did. I am Titus. Mafiascum and here are both me.

Yeah, what threw me off was when you didn't recognize me, as that avatar was supposed to make you.

I recognized you COM right about... let me check my notes:

"I am genuinely interested in knowing Shar-Teel's COM.

My gut says it's Titus but she would post more in [REDACTED]."

"Confirming that Shar-Teel is Titus. The "V" and "y'all" are language tells.

Why doesn't she recognize me, then.."

FM Shar-Teel
September 8th, 2013, 06:20 PM
I did. COM outing is against the rules. How else did you think I knew to mention mafiascum in the night chat?

FM Viconia
September 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM
:nods:

--

I think you played well during the first couple of Days - you were probably my strongest town read coming out of the Siren's Gate chat. Just that being a town leader usually backfires in a cult setup as you're liable to get and be suspected of being culted.

I think if this was a regular setup I would have been poking your puzzle focus around Day 3 or so, and be paranoid about why you aren't dying.

EDIT: Got 3 scum and 1 Bhaalspawn from my initial D1 reads. :V

FM Viconia
September 8th, 2013, 06:43 PM
@Bhaal or Cespenar: How do you get selected to host a big FM? I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to implement.

FM Shar-Teel
September 8th, 2013, 07:26 PM
You gotta be here awhile for that. Start by joining a small S FM, then host one. Go wild. Bastard is normal here.

FM Viconia
September 8th, 2013, 07:33 PM
I hosted two S-FMs and played in lots already.

Forum Mafia GM
September 8th, 2013, 07:43 PM
@Bhaal or Cespenar: How do you get selected to host a big FM? I have a couple of ideas that I'd like to implement.

1: Play S-FMs
2: Host S-FMs
3: Host M-FMs
4: Be exceedingly trusted. Being staff is about 90% of the requirements after you have met the hosting requirements. However, several members have hosted alongside staff members without being staff themselves. Fragos, and Clementine namely. As well, Yayap was allowed to aid in the hosting of FM 18 without being a staff member because he had previously hosted several very successful FMs while on staff.

Tl;DR: Prove competence in the area of FM hosting.

FM Viconia
September 8th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Well, can you explain the process on getting onto staff?

FM Anomen
September 9th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Well, can you explain the process on getting onto staff?

Offer your body.

FM Shar-Teel
September 9th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Staff is quite a long time.

First, play an SFM on this site. Second, host one here. Repeat 1 and 2. Then submit an MFM.

FM Shar-Teel
September 9th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Then apply for staff when its open.

FM Minsc
September 9th, 2013, 01:49 PM
And there it goes. Cult circling the drains. At least I'm still in it for scum mvp!! :D

FM Imoen
September 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM
And there it goes. Cult circling the drains. At least I'm still in it for scum mvp!! :D

lol

FM Shar-Teel
September 9th, 2013, 09:04 PM
I was win a pretty good position until Minsc interviewed me. My role has literally no good claim if spied upon.

FM Imoen
September 10th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I was win a pretty good position until Minsc interviewed me. My role has literally no good claim if spied upon.

The funny thing is that he was culted and it wouldn't have mattered. In fact, you could have just claimed Quartermaster.

But even failing that, you could have claimed outside your pairing in this case, since the herald would have to out itself in order to get a spy to check you, and then the spy would have to out itself to expose your lie. Add in the fact both of them would have to wait to reveal until after the sanctum opens or risk being Culted, and you were pretty safe claiming anything. You also never had to own up to writing the article.

FM Minsc
September 10th, 2013, 07:31 PM
The funny thing is that he was culted and it wouldn't have mattered. In fact, you could have just claimed Quartermaster.

But even failing that, you could have claimed outside your pairing in this case, since the herald would have to out itself in order to get a spy to check you, and then the spy would have to out itself to expose your lie. Add in the fact both of them would have to wait to reveal until after the sanctum opens or risk being Culted, and you were pretty safe claiming anything. You also never had to own up to writing the article.

This. I dun even know why you bothered claiming at all in the article in the first place. Then claiming student and then saying I wrote that shit. you asked to die buddy :)

FM Jaheira
September 12th, 2013, 06:25 PM
And thus, another Explorer joins the ranks of the spirits haunting the Temple of Bhaal. HI GUYS!

FM Jaheira
September 12th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Do spirits lose access to puzzle/night chats? I was reading it then it cut out :(

Forum Mafia GM
September 12th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Do spirits lose access to puzzle/night chats? I was reading it then it cut out :(

Yes.

Once they are over I suppose I can open the Archive up to your accounts. If Cespenar is ok with that too.

FM Viconia
September 12th, 2013, 06:41 PM
And thus, another Explorer joins the ranks of the spirits haunting the Temple of Bhaal. HI GUYS!

Greetings.

Why were you lynched? I remember you being fairly pro-town, albeit a bit lurky.

Then again, I've barely read the thread now I'm dead.

FM Jaheira
September 12th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I defended Shar by claiming to be her mentor, she got lynched anyway then I got lynched for defending her is the jist of it.

FM Jaheira
September 12th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Can I turn invisible mode off now that I'm dead?

FM Jaheira
September 12th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Aw fudgcicles. I called a cult town in my lw >_> Curse you Keldorn! And you too, Titus :p. I must say good play there. I really believed the student spiel, and the only reason you were suspect was cause you claimed neut. Iirc nobody called you cult but Branwen. Bleh. My natural tendency towards sympathy for neuts screwed me this game. Why couldn't you have been real student? T_T

FM Viconia
September 12th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Should have expanded on this. I don't know why I abandoned it.

"Keldorn. "Count me in for clearing these spawns of evil" feels very forced."

Don't worry, t/s lists won't matter much in a cult game.

FM Viconia
September 13th, 2013, 06:00 AM
I defended Shar by claiming to be her mentor, she got lynched anyway then I got lynched for defending her is the jist of it.

Town gambits are overrated.

FM Imoen
September 13th, 2013, 07:57 AM

Why did you defend her?

FM Jaheira
September 13th, 2013, 08:37 AM
A number of reasons.

1. Only reason the lynch turned on her was because of her claimed neutral role, despite wanting to ally with the Town. Combined with the fact that people on her train were absolute scumballs (Nalia, Branwen, Ajantis come to mind) it looked like Cult trying to sneakily prevent us from getting a PR.
2. Her play was consistent through the game, so Branwen's claims of her being Culted looked bogus, furthering my suspicions of it being a mislynch
3. Student was a very strong potential ally, and nobody had claimed to be her Mentor, so I figured she was telling the truth about not having one yet, so I figured by claiming it it would free her to take a real one (IE: Kivan or myself should I be recruited to the Harpers)

When I weighed the pros and cons, I deemed it to be worth the risk, as I honestly did not believe her to be Cult. I was shocked when she flipped Quartermaster

FM Viconia
September 13th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Ehh, the thing with cult games is that inevitably the stronger town leaders will get culted at some point, which is why I hate them.

Totally ruins behavioral analysis. Heck, wouldn't be surprised if Senrd hasn't been converted yet.

IMO, best way to play a cult game is to lurk/be noncontributory in the early stages then, at the final moments, appear out of nowhere and break the game open. That is what I was going with the Marquis gimmick but I got frustrated with his bad grammar.

But everytime I see a cult game nowadays I always assume "cult wins". This is why I dislike cults - too powerful and too swingy.

FM Minsc
September 13th, 2013, 05:44 PM
This game had the ability to balance out that power you know ;)

FM Keldorn
September 14th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Meh, that puzzle...
I'd really like to know the solution and if it really was self-sufficient.

FM Ferengi
September 14th, 2013, 06:11 PM
You were pretty close...

The solution was:

1 B
2 A
3 A
4 D
5 C
6 A
8 C
9 C
10 C
11 B/C
12 B
13 B
14 C
15 D

FM Keldorn
September 14th, 2013, 06:18 PM
You were pretty close...

The solution was:

1 B
2 A
3 A
4 D
5 C
6 A
8 C
9 C
10 C
11 B
12 B
13 B
14 C
15 D
Why is 11 B and not C?

FM Keldorn
September 14th, 2013, 06:19 PM
I was always looking for a situation where 11 was forced into a specific choice. But I found none that wasn't conflicting with others.

FM Viconia
September 14th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Welcome Keldorn to the afterlife

FM Keldorn
September 14th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Hmm, so it wasn't a unique solution. I assumed it had to be.

FM Ferengi
September 14th, 2013, 06:21 PM
I was always looking for a situation where 11 was forced into a specific choice. But I found none that wasn't conflicting with others.

Either would've been fine. We probably would've accepted no answer for that one as well, because it was a bit dubious.

9 and 10 were your errors.

FM Viconia
September 14th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Khalid, who were the new conversions?

FM Keldorn
September 14th, 2013, 06:26 PM
I found the last question to be particularily nasty.
I wasn't sure at all that the number of gnomes working together had to be chosen as answer. Those damn zombie...

FM Ferengi
September 14th, 2013, 06:26 PM
So, since nobody solved the main puzzle.. do you guys want to give it a try if I provide you with all clues?

FM Ferengi
September 14th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I found the last question to be particularily nasty.
I wasn't sure at all that the number of gnomes working together had to be chosen as answer. Those damn zombie...

This puzzle was mostly Bhaal's doing. He had some truly evil ideas for it, I just added some thoughts and made sure the questions didn't break the 4th wall overly much :D

FM Keldorn
September 14th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I'm not too much of a fan of ambiguity in speech. I prefer 'em clear and precise. ;p

Sure, main puzzle! Let's go!

FM Keldorn
September 14th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Last will is working out pretty good so far. :D

FM Keldorn
September 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM
So, since nobody solved the main puzzle.. do you guys want to give it a try if I provide you with all clues?
I'd like to see where Khalid failed.

FM Ferengi
September 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Made a separate thread for inner sanctum puzzle discussion.

FM Keldorn
September 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Would the changing in the wording of the chant have had any effects for the opening?

FM Ferengi
September 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Yes, it would have. Wording of the phrases was specific. You were lucky Quayle died the same night you were in the chat with him and he didn't give any hints in his last will that you were hiding something.

It's a bit sad that so many lynch trains were started based on puzzle clues that were actually correct (in essence).

FM Keldorn
September 14th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I was really scared of Imoen. ;p
And Qualye would have been my life line.
I was really happy and felt safe again when Imoen died.

Also: Valygar is dead by day 8. Avenger will drag him down.

FM Ferengi
September 14th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I facepalmed when I saw his action submission.

Branwen did a good job of making everyone her enemy. She was originally trying to screw the town over with her lies so she'd get lynched, but will probably end up winning because a scum tried to look pro town by killing her.

FM Minsc
September 14th, 2013, 09:42 PM
ITS LOOKING GOOD FOR ME BHAAL!!!!!!!

Anyways in the other side of things:

Keldorn did you volunteer to try the puzzle?
I think we only have two cult members alive now, again.

FM Jaheira
September 14th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Possibly only one if the Valygar train gets going ^·^ Having happy spazzes over here lol.

FM Keldorn
September 15th, 2013, 03:48 AM
I did not volunteer. And there will be only 2 members left after Valygar gets lynched.

FM Keldorn
September 15th, 2013, 03:48 AM
I "volunteered".

FM Minsc
September 15th, 2013, 07:32 AM
I "volunteered".
Explain

FM Minsc
September 15th, 2013, 07:33 AM
I did not volunteer. And there will be only 2 members left after Valygar gets lynched.

Lol. Nvm I get it. thats a little amusing.

@Jah
I am saddended by the town siding Bhaalspawns.

FM Keldorn
September 15th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Lol. Nvm I get it. thats a little amusing.

@Jah
I am saddended by the town siding Bhaalspawns.
They would be suicidal to side with Cult in it's current state.

I would have paid Korgan a visit some night in Valygar's shoes.

FM Jaheira
September 15th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I was really sad to see it too as I would have loved to side with the Harpers, but that afk BG + modkill as well as all-around worthlessness makes siding with them over Bhaalspawn just as suicidal as Bhaalspawn siding with Cult.

FM Minsc
September 15th, 2013, 11:12 PM
You know this makes all Bhaal-spawn ineligible for scum mvp?
Why does the natural scum not want work togetar :(

FM Ferengi
September 16th, 2013, 05:11 PM
The prophet was by far the best scum player until he decided to change his tactics based on the necromancer's targets. After that his choices became destructive to his own goals.

Benign neutrals are still classified as "scum" when it comes to deciding MVPs. Right now the bhaalspawn are all just bumbling around though, so I don't think any of them qualify for any kind of MVP.

FM Minsc
September 16th, 2013, 07:28 PM
The prophet was by far the best scum player until he decided to change his tactics based on the necromancer's targets. After that his choices became destructive to his own goals.

Benign neutrals are still classified as "scum" when it comes to deciding MVPs. Right now the bhaalspawn are all just bumbling around though, so I don't think any of them qualify for any kind of MVP.

I disagree whole heartily. the Prophet decided that lurking and targeting active players was the best course of action despite three distinct FMs showing that lurkers are targeted by town. It is incredibly easy to survive by lurking and barely posting vs being active in the discussion and attempting to stall/save team members without being suspected {as an example}. When you compare activity and actions in the game as a whole and include the time frame that each player was alive it becomes painstakingly obvious that lurkers are lackluster players who demonstrate the barest amount of interest in the game. When your role is Cult Leader/Recruiter and you sit and lurk and watch the day for players who show intelligence and recruit them all you have accomplished is active lurking and letting others do your work for you. I do not know what classifications you are looking for in an MVP player but from my own personal experience lurkers are the least likely to get the acknowledgment. It does seem that the Bhaal-spawn are just sitting to watch the clock run down on both town and scum to find out who they want to side with, and with their current actions it is clear they are trying to run town.

FM Minsc
September 16th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I disagree whole heartily. the Prophet decided that lurking and targeting active players was the best course of action despite three distinct FMs showing that lurkers are targeted by town. It is incredibly easy to survive by lurking and barely posting vs being active in the discussion and attempting to stall/save team members without being suspected {as an example}. When you compare activity and actions in the game as a whole and include the time frame that each player was alive it becomes painstakingly obvious that lurkers are lackluster players who demonstrate the barest amount of interest in the game. When your role is Cult Leader/Recruiter and you sit and lurk and watch the day for players who show intelligence and recruit them all you have accomplished is active lurking and letting others do your work for you. I do not know what classifications you are looking for in an MVP player but from my own personal experience lurkers are the least likely to get the acknowledgment. It does seem that the Bhaal-spawn are just sitting to watch the clock run down on both town and scum to find out who they want to side with, and with their current actions it is clear they are trying to run town.

I can additionally tell you that if town had not targeted the players they did as early as they had, Edwin and Viconia and Mazzy {Your welcome Mazzy :p}. then Valygar would have been suspected far far sooner than he had at this point in time. Even now he is only lasting because town is not organized and Shar-teel got lucky downing a town to defend her when she claimed Student randomly.

FM Ferengi
September 16th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Quite the contrary. The few reads we received from town players early on almost exclusively said they were convinced that Valygar was town and that they would eat their socks if he turned out to be scum. I agree that lurking is an easy way to avoid notice, but he wasn't inactive enough for people to not notice him. Why do you think he ended up in heartwarder chat immediately? While his activity was limited, he did seem like a voice of reason.

Mazzy's dodging the lynch can mostly be credited to her stalling with the diviner claim. She would've been lynched sooner if she hadn't, because this town was bloodthirsty and they lacked solid leads on anyone (hardly any post analysis or scum hunting). Mazzy effectively scared them enough with the thought of mislynching something important again after the cleric died. The lynch alternatives only came in the picture because they were made to look guilty because of their contradictions with Mazzy's words. Sure, she had some help/support, but her postponed death was mostly her own doing. It's easy to say she was an obvious liar with the knowledge you and I had, but in the end she fooled the town for two whole days with an account that was overall perceived as scummy before she took over. That's quite an achievement.

It looks like you're taking pride in your play as scum and that's fine. I don't consider your play MVP material however. Your daytime presence was fairly neutral (perhaps objective, but that's hardly a town tell) and during the puzzle chat you were uncooperative and quite scummy before you got culted, unnoticeable afterwards. The interview with Shar-Teel ultimately caused her to hang, and dropping hints that you were in heartwarder chat was what got you killed early. The necromancer just wanted to kill 3 people ASAP, he didn't care what faction they were on until Aerie forced him on the defensive after 4 cultists had died. I'd say your performance was alright, but not stellar. And in the end the consequences of your actions/choices didn't turn out in your favour.

The intention of the setup was for scum to start shining after the Inner Sanctum was opened, so their plans could unfold while they had to maintain deception and kill each other off while keeping the adventurers in check. It all played out quite differently with the mass murder of cultists on night 3 and literally ALL of the bhaalspawn claiming and announcing their allegiance to the town. I had sort of hoped that SaJana might go for an uneasy alliance with the cult while staying hidden, at least.

FM Viconia
September 16th, 2013, 08:28 PM
What do you consider to be MVP quality play, Cespenar?

FM Minsc
September 16th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Quite the contrary. The few reads we received from town players early on almost exclusively said they were convinced that Valygar was town and that they would eat their socks if he turned out to be scum. I agree that lurking is an easy way to avoid notice, but he wasn't inactive enough for people to not notice him. Why do you think he ended up in heartwarder chat immediately? While his activity was limited, he did seem like a voice of reason.

He responded to the events of the day in such a limited matter that he should have been suspected much sooner. The heartwarder is not the brightest of players in the game as he also took me in the night chat and I was scum as well. Most of his targets have not been the best of people, Quaryle as an example as the individual did not make any real use of the chat at all. These town players are not the brightest I have seen in the recent FMs. He may have had confidence in the few players that derped over and over within the day chat, as they actually did. And that means very little in terms of quality scum play. During the first or second day things are easily the smoothest of sailings for any scum player. You have to derp hard, like the first Mazzy did, to be targeted by townspeople. Im sure that each of the individuals who told you that Valygar was surely town told you the same of Shar-teel and myself {If I am doing my job right that is.}

Mazzy's dodging the lynch can mostly be credited to her stalling with the diviner claim. She would've been lynched sooner if she hadn't, because this town was bloodthirsty and they lacked solid leads on anyone (hardly any post analysis or scum hunting). Mazzy effectively scared them enough with the thought of mislynching something important again after the cleric died. The lynch alternatives only came in the picture because they were made to look guilty because of their contradictions with Mazzy's words. Sure, she had some help/support, but her postponed death was mostly her own doing. It's easy to say she was an obvious liar with the knowledge you and I had, but in the end she fooled the town for two whole days with an account that was overall perceived as scummy before she took over. That's quite an achievement.

You are correct here. Mazzy did do a good job in stalling in the small places where she posted. She lived due to the mislynch on Edwin, the scumminess of her opponets, and the small places where I put my foot in and made things muddled. I am more proud of my play at the time where I was alive vs the entire play of my teammates the rest of the game. I am not calling her an obvious liar based on knowledge I have. I am calling her lucky because she was an obvious staller and it would have failed if certain players did not do what they did during the time frame she was targeted in. Thats what Im saying.

It looks like you're taking pride in your play as scum and that's fine. I don't consider your play MVP material however. Your daytime presence was fairly neutral (perhaps objective, but that's hardly a town tell) and during the puzzle chat you were uncooperative and quite scummy before you got culted, unnoticeable afterwards. The interview with Shar-Teel ultimately caused her to hang, and dropping hints that you were in heartwarder chat was what got you killed early. The necromancer just wanted to kill 3 people ASAP, he didn't care what faction they were on until Aerie forced him on the defensive after 4 cultists had died. I'd say your performance was alright, but not stellar. And in the end the consequences of your actions/choices didn't turn out in your favour.

I was incredibly time restrained during this FM and it showed in the times where I posted. I was also trying not to be incredibly obvious in my COM so I posted less as that factors in. My daytime presence was the voice of reason and I played that to the tee. I spoke well and I spoke often enough on the things I did to ensure that when I spoke people listened. You may not accept my belief that I undermined the lynches on Mazzy with Viconia and others but that is what I believed happened. I was objective because that was the persona I enabled upon myself to ensure followers when I needed them. The interview I made on Shar-teel was in reflection of her own play during that day. She spoke often and she spoke well and I targeted her in the effort to allow her to plant seeds on misdirection or other wise and she wasted the chance. I cannot be at fault for her own misguided mistakes. I spoke about being in the heartwarder chat because it was asked who was in and I knew answering would gain me additional town points in the entirety of the game.
Within the Puzzle Chat I was constantly called in to work and I had no ability to post during those times. I told the players as such and they accepted it because I had already gained their trust as a voice of reason during the day. I was not scummy to the people in that chat, as shown by our conversations and their own presented reads. Deaths were not often happening at that point in the game and the players I was pitted against were ones who had no trouble with voicing their true opinions. Additionally I was not uncooperative in the night chat, to my knowledge, as I did voice opinions and give suggestions in the minimal manners that I could. I even attempted to give and push for wrong suggestions and supported the volunteering of an AFK individual all without being suspected {to my knowledge}. Whether or not you believe this to be the case is something I find difficulty accepting. I agree with you on the result of my death, it was a miscalculation on my point to cross out the likelihood of a necromancer in the game. My actions during this game was entirely subtle and constantly in the shadows of other players who spoke out in terms that I desired them to speak in. Let me be clear here however. They spoke of their own volition. I only encouraged their follies. My point here is that I did far more than, I believe, you have taken notice of or potentially misunderstood, with respect that is.

The intention of the setup was for scum to start shining after the Inner Sanctum was opened, so their plans could unfold while they had to maintain deception and kill each other off while keeping the adventurers in check. It all played out quite differently with the mass murder of cultists on night 3 and literally ALL of the bhaalspawn claiming and announcing their allegiance to the town. I had sort of hoped that SaJana might go for an uneasy alliance with the cult while staying hidden, at least.

I do understand here and I find myself agreeing with you.

FM Minsc
September 16th, 2013, 08:44 PM
I could just as easily be mistaking my own importance in the game :(

Forum Mafia GM
September 16th, 2013, 09:02 PM

Anyone that visibly elevates themselves over the plebeians surrounding them in the game.

- Town & Scum standouts from last 4 FMs -
FM 18- Cafarelli/Monroe & Mendez/Galloway/Donnoley
FM 17- Jewelry Bonney & Dracule Mihawk/Basil Hawkins
FM 16- Agahnim/Ceasar/Inspector Cluseau/King Arthur/Gandalf & Wolverine/Michigan J Frog
FM 15- Magmar & Cubone/Psyduck

COM mentions
Gerik/Borkbot- 3
Clementine/Slaol/Damus_Graves- 2
Auckmid/Nazzhoul/Apache/Burnt Eskimo/Boss/Vornksr- 1

FM Viconia
September 16th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Blegh, wish I didn't die so early.

This game looked like a ton of fun.

FM Keldorn
September 17th, 2013, 02:36 AM
Minsc, you and Sarevok were one of my prime suspects before getting culted. Tiax had the top spot.

FM Minsc
September 17th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Minsc, you and Sarevok were one of my prime suspects before getting culted. Tiax had the top spot.
Hn. Care to explain the reason?

FM Ferengi
September 17th, 2013, 08:34 AM

I have a checklist/points list I will look at for anyone who stood out to me as a seemingly good player. If I think they might be in the running for MVP at first glance, I will study their behaviour throughout the game more thoroughly and fill in the list point by point, and from those results I'll propose my recommendations to Bhaal and discuss them.

For MVP of either category:
- Active throughout the game
- Dared to take a leading or strong supportive position in day chat (asked questions, made plans, etc. no thoughtless sheeping)
- Managed to find out players' roles, alignments or connections between players through post analysis
- Good choice and timing of night actions (bonus points for predicting movements from other players)
- Good usage of last wills or death notes to convey information
- Consider luck and reasoning as factors in the player's overall decision making (Reasoning being more MVP-worthy, even if wrong assumptions were made on occasion)
- Positive overall impact on the outcome of the game for the player's victory conditions (winning is a plus, but not necessary)

For Town MVP specifically:
- Managed to find scum using logic in setup & role mechanics & revealed night results, especially piercing other players' lies/uncovering impossibilities, or tricking scum into a trap
- Managed to avert mislynches (bonus points if a successful lynch was made instead)
- Managed to stay alive long if the player had an important but vulnerable role, without resorting to lurking (bonus points for using successful WIFOM to communicate)
- Managed to draw attention away from more important townsmembers, making scum waste night actions (bonus points if citizen)

For Scum MVP specifically:
- Managed a successful gambit / false claim
- Managed to cause a mislynch
- Managed to talk themselves or an ally out of being lynched or killed by the town
- Actively took part in night chats, planning and decision making
- Accomplished special objective as a (benign) neutral, or came close to succeeding

The more criteria apply, the more MVP worthy a player is. I might add more points as I think of them. Players who shared their thoughts with the hosts, wrote detailed last wills or posted thoughts in night chats might be at an advantage because their intents and purposes will be more clear to us, but generally the players who do these things are the ones who are more engaged in the FM to begin with. And of course town players who theorycraft a lot during the day will often be less deceptive, so we can take what they say at face level.

FM Jan
September 17th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Powerofdeath here
Sup

FM Jan
September 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I am extremely pissed off yesterday, now im like over it

FM Jan
September 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I would never want to repeat this experience again

FM Jaheira
September 17th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Poor PoD :( Such is the life of a doppelganger; nobody trusts Disguisers.

FM Keldorn
September 17th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Claiming that you disguised Jan was your downfall.

FM Imoen
September 17th, 2013, 02:29 PM
This places seems to have...ahem... livened up since I last checked in. Cool, I'll catch up.

I facepalmed when I saw his action submission.

Branwen did a good job of making everyone her enemy. She was originally trying to screw the town over with her lies so she'd get lynched, but will probably end up winning because a scum tried to look pro town by killing her.

Whose submission were you facepalming? Valygar's?

FM Keldorn
September 17th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Hn. Care to explain the reason?
Sarevok was pushing aggressively for lynches with really bad reasoning. It was shouting "MISLYNCH! MISYLYNCH!"
You were more diplomatic but fit exactly into my category of blending in and not really helping. I can't tell anymore what were the instances that raised flags for me (would have to read day 2 for that again). This is mainly based on day 2 because I was cult by day 3 and was a such biased and you didn't have that much impact on me on day 1.

FM Imoen
September 17th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I have a checklist/points list I will look at for anyone who stood out to me as a seemingly good player. If I think they might be in the running for MVP at first glance, I will study their behaviour throughout the game more thoroughly and fill in the list point by point, and from those results I'll propose my recommendations to Bhaal and discuss them.

The more criteria apply, the more MVP worthy a player is. I might add more points as I think of them. Players who shared their thoughts with the hosts, wrote detailed last wills or posted thoughts in night chats might be at an advantage because their intents and purposes will be more clear to us, but generally the players who do these things are the ones who are more engaged in the FM to begin with. And of course town players who theorycraft a lot during the day will often be less deceptive, so we can take what they say at face level.

This is a pretty good list of criteria. I agree with more or less all of it. I was upset that I died to early this game. I usually survive much longer. Damn puzzles. Damn scum in my puzzle chat sending me to solve it. :mad:

I had so many plans... But alas. It was a fun experience, regardless.

FM Imoen
September 17th, 2013, 02:41 PM
I was really scared of Imoen. ;p
And Qualye would have been my life line.
I was really happy and felt safe again when Imoen died.

Also: Valygar is dead by day 8. Avenger will drag him down.

Afraid? Of little old me? Do tell. :smile:

FM Jan
September 17th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Poor PoD :( Such is the life of a doppelganger; nobody trusts Disguisers.

At first I thought you were Ika, but your grammar is too good for Ika, whats your COM?

FM Ferengi
September 17th, 2013, 03:10 PM
He replaced the word Vengeance in his clue with the word Revenge when he posted it during the day, in order to ensure people wouldn't be able to open the Inner Sanctum because they missed the proper wording for the phrase.. I reckon he was afraid of you catching him in the lie, since you were mostly on the ball when it came to spotting the actual inconsistencies (as opposed to most other townies who called players scum for posting legit clues).

FM Imoen
September 17th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Anyone that visibly elevates themselves over the plebeians surrounding them in the game.

- Town & Scum standouts from last 4 FMs -
FM 18- Cafarelli/Monroe & Mendez/Galloway/Donnoley
FM 17- Jewelry Bonney & Dracule Mihawk/Basil Hawkins
FM 16- Agahnim/Ceasar/Inspector Cluseau/King Arthur/Gandalf & Wolverine/Michigan J Frog
FM 15- Magmar & Cubone/Psyduck

COM mentions
Gerik/Borkbot- 3
Clementine/Slaol/Damus_Graves- 2
Auckmid/Nazzhoul/Apache/Burnt Eskimo/Boss/Vornksr- 1

I would add Apache to FM 17. I found him to be very accurate about a lot of things, even though he was widely ignored by the town.

FM Imoen
September 17th, 2013, 03:20 PM
He replaced the word Vengeance in his clue with the word Revenge when he posted it during the day, in order to ensure people wouldn't be able to open the Inner Sanctum because they missed the proper wording for the phrase.. I reckon he was afraid of you catching him in the lie, since you were mostly on the ball when it came to spotting the actual inconsistencies (as opposed to most other townies who called players scum for posting legit clues).

Ah. I did have my suspicions about Keldorn being converted, but I was so busy during night 2 that I didn't submit my action in time (which was going to be checking Keldorn). And unfortunately after that night there were always more pressing targets for me to divine. Damn FM starting so close to my school. I think I could've gotten him lynched without even revealing after the failed Viconia lynch/Mazzy death more or less confirmed my innocence.

FM Keldorn
September 17th, 2013, 04:38 PM
You were the only one able to expose my faked clue. Wasn't too worried about the thief as the little modification was actually helping him. I think it wouldn't have been a problem not to reveal the faked part of my clue on day 4. I might have come clear on day 5 though if you had not died.
Qualye was my contingency plan in case would would reveal the difference too early.

FM Viconia
September 17th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Nice job PoD - extremely crafty play as disguiser and "replacing" yourself.

You've improved since Overturn to Riddler.

FM Jaheira
September 17th, 2013, 06:29 PM
At first I thought you were Ika, but your grammar is too good for Ika, whats your COM?

What if I told you I was Ika but I'm hiding my COM with good grammar? :P Jk. I'm Madbird from Castle Varen.

So wait, what's this about Jan not really disguising himself? Safana posted here saying she was Jan o.0

FM Minsc
September 17th, 2013, 07:50 PM

Then I apologize. My play was not MVP worthy in this revelation. The most I have to hope for is honorable mention.

FM Shar-Teel
September 17th, 2013, 08:08 PM

Jahiera trusted me and was doing a subliminal thing as ika. There's not a chance in hell that Jahiera was ika but I did think it for awhile.

Btw, Minsc I bet you were trying to help the cult but you forced me into a roleclaim far too early. Luckily, I knew what I was faking but I don't expect claimed neutrals to live long. You meant well but that wound up hurting. I knew a spy might check me, so I had to stay within my spy grouping and I had no good fake claim because we might no lynch at some point.

FM Shar-Teel
September 17th, 2013, 08:17 PM
I really like Valygar's play here. Seeking the bounty hunter kill probably got many tossed off his back for being the possible prophet (he had to be). I also thought Keldorn was the mass murder given that both Minsc and Sarevok died and I knew they had a habit of visiting known cultists. I gave Valygar a head's up that he was likely dying for that reason which may have changed his play. I'm not quite sure.

As for my own play, we'll have to see how things turned out. I knew I wasn't making it to the end game, my goal was to take out as many towns as possible while getting the cult PR roles. Jaheira and Imoen died because of my manipulations (either get the clue and keep sanctum open or kill Imoen). That's pretty decent.

Jan was supposed to be the assassin, and I hope Valygar picked one up. Otherwise, all we have left is a graverobber.

Jaheira, sorry for playing you but I saw the town mislynching you and buddied you hard because you were a seasoned player. When you were doing gambits that would help me survive, I took it. Nothing personal.

FM Jaheira
September 17th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Jaheira, sorry for playing you but I saw the town mislynching you and buddied you hard because you were a seasoned player. When you were doing gambits that would help me survive, I took it. Nothing personal.

Whut. This is my second all-time Forum Mafia game XD I don't think I can really be called seasoned (even if I am pretty good ;) Lol). I really did get played though. I was trying to manipulate YOU in that little gambit by making it impossible for you to not take a Town Mentor lol. Obviously that didn't work haha. Ah well. Town really does seem to have this one in the bag with all these outed Bhaalspawn and barely any Cult left alive.

Oh and I shall hold a grudge for ALL TIME because of this. Just FYI ;)

FM Viconia
September 17th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Yeah, I called your COM on Day 1 :P

If we're choosing the "best of the best" out of the cult, I would nominate either Shar-Teel or Minsc. Shar-Teel played very well D1 (causing me to list her as my strongest town read). Her playstyle would be good for a non-cult game but she was liable to get lynched at some point, as she was a very attractive recruit target.

Minsc played well from what I recall, being the weakest of my town reads. He was pretty consistent in day and night chat, though I noted something scummy that I can't find in my notes.

Then again, by your checklist I cannot nominate any scum for MVP.

FM Minsc
September 17th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Btw, Minsc I bet you were trying to help the cult but you forced me into a roleclaim far too early. Luckily, I knew what I was faking but I don't expect claimed neutrals to live long. You meant well but that wound up hurting. I knew a spy might check me, so I had to stay within my spy grouping and I had no good fake claim because we might no lynch at some point.

This is not true. You claimed in the journalist message completely needlessly. That is not my fault. You could have easily not claimed and still given out a good town message in the article. You cannot blame your own folly on me please. I just don't like shouldering blame that is rightfully others.

FM Imoen
September 17th, 2013, 10:01 PM
You were the only one able to expose my faked clue. Wasn't too worried about the thief as the little modification was actually helping him. I think it wouldn't have been a problem not to reveal the faked part of my clue on day 4. I might have come clear on day 5 though if you had not died.
Qualye was my contingency plan in case would would reveal the difference too early.

Oh, I see. You mean you were scared of my role, not of me specifically.

Forum Mafia GM
September 17th, 2013, 10:13 PM
I would add Apache to FM 17. I found him to be very accurate about a lot of things, even though he was widely ignored by the town.

I don't remember seeing anything out of Soul King Brook that wowed me in the same way most of these did.
I even had to go check out who Apache had played in FM 17. Where as the names in this list were automatic based on observing them in the game. However, Mafia is about both roles and players interacting, so its not surprising others see different players or actions as more meaningful.

FM Shar-Teel
September 18th, 2013, 07:47 AM
This is not true. You claimed in the journalist message completely needlessly. That is not my fault. You could have easily not claimed and still given out a good town message in the article. You cannot blame your own folly on me please. I just don't like shouldering blame that is rightfully others.

I had no way of knowing you were a cult journalist. Not claiming in a journalist message should move a player up to lynch suspect number one. If I had known you were cult, I just would have said PR and left it at that.

Jaheira, you were seasoned enough to use your AV to fake a com.

FM Jaheira
September 18th, 2013, 09:17 AM
I have no clue what an AV is, but I guess I'll take that as a compliment, haha.

FM Minsc
September 18th, 2013, 12:45 PM
I had no way of knowing you were a cult journalist. Not claiming in a journalist message should move a player up to lynch suspect number one. If I had known you were cult, I just would have said PR and left it at that.

Jaheira, you were seasoned enough to use your AV to fake a com.

That is a very bad assumption to even assume to make. Even in the previous games there has been a very little amount of people who claim {NEEDLESSLY} in journalist messages and still maintain a pro-town look. Once again. Don't blame me for your lack of foresight.

FM Viconia
September 18th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the afterlife, Dynaheir, Aerie, and Xan.

FM Jaheira
September 18th, 2013, 06:09 PM
LOL. Another 3 deaths in 1 night. Is this like, a trend? 1 Town 2 non-Towns every couple nights? XD

FM Imoen
September 18th, 2013, 06:35 PM
LOL. Another 3 deaths in 1 night. Is this like, a trend? 1 Town 2 non-Towns every couple nights? XD

I don't know, but I like it. Another Cultist is dead. The maximum number they can have alive now is 2. At this rate, town will have a guaranteed victory in no time.

FM Dynaheir
September 18th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Aw gosh darn it.

FM Dynaheir
September 18th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I see. Xan and Aerie were in heartwarder together and Xan was trapped.

FM Viconia
September 18th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Looks like the town takes a victory home once again.

I want this FM to end so that the forums aren't so slow.

Who are the two surviving cult?

FM Mazzy
September 18th, 2013, 07:26 PM
For MVP of either category:
- Active throughout the game
- Dared to take a leading or strong supportive position in day chat (asked questions, made plans, etc. no thoughtless sheeping)
- Managed to find out players' roles, alignments or connections between players through post analysis
- Good choice and timing of night actions (bonus points for predicting movements from other players)
- Good usage of last wills or death notes to convey information
- Consider luck and reasoning as factors in the player's overall decision making (Reasoning being more MVP-worthy, even if wrong assumptions were made on occasion)
- Positive overall impact on the outcome of the game for the player's victory conditions (winning is a plus, but not necessary)

For Town MVP specifically:
- Managed to find scum using logic in setup & role mechanics & revealed night results, especially piercing other players' lies/uncovering impossibilities, or tricking scum into a trap
- Managed to avert mislynches (bonus points if a successful lynch was made instead)
- Managed to stay alive long if the player had an important but vulnerable role, without resorting to lurking (bonus points for using successful WIFOM to communicate)
- Managed to draw attention away from more important townsmembers, making scum waste night actions (bonus points if citizen)

For Scum MVP specifically:
- Managed a successful gambit / false claim
- Managed to cause a mislynch
- Managed to talk themselves or an ally out of being lynched or killed by the town
- Actively took part in night chats, planning and decision making
- Accomplished special objective as a (benign) neutral, or came close to succeeding
- Exposed PR's

I like this, but in general I think the scum MVP is lacking this point. Maybe I'm biased because it was the main point around my gambit.

For those interested in the last will that got swallowed by the thief.

The Last Will and Testament of Mazzy the Unlynchable

It was a good run, but the prejudice against me backed me into a corner, from which I could never escape, but I just want to reiterate my thoughts from the deception.

FM Aerie - Spy, she knew my role on day 3 was assassin despite the fact that many thought, I was our Hidden Cultist.
FM Ajantis - Undetermined, in any role her intelligence is dangerous to us.
FM Alora - Harper Guardian, I believe her and she must be the first Harper dead, remember if she recruits they get a Harper Paragon.
FM Anomen - Explorer and/or Neutral he has no drive for self preservation, ignore him until the very end.
FM Branwen - Easily convinced by logic, he was my first supporter. Keep him around.
FM Cernd - Stubborn, not easily swayed, but I suspect Bhaalspawn, please don't side with him.
FM Coran - Not very active, sheepish, could go either way. Deal with him at your own discretion.
FM Dynaheir - Logical, understands the value of risk/reward, keep him around.
FM Faldorn - Easily convinced by logic, he was an early supporter. Let him be.
FM Garrick - Some messages hinted at him not being a PR, but it could be a trick.
FM Haer-Dalis - Seems to be a bright player, conversion wouldn't be a bad idea, if not kill him.
FM Imoen - Undecided, she was pretty one sided, but I can't figure out why, could be Harper Agent or diviner, be careful around her.
FM Jaheira - Intelligent player, good candidate for conversion and/or death.
FM Jan - Some seem to think he is a Barbarian, I doubt this very much, but if he is he is against us. Watch him closely.
FM Kagain - Not much data, but he tunneled me, use your best judgment.
FM Keldorn - Good puzzle solver definitely town, but he should be dealt with as he poses a threat, conversion or death would both be acceptable.
FM Khalid - Tunneling me very hard, but his scum tells are obvious. I think you know what to do with him.
FM Kivan - As with a few others, he can be manipulated, but he is a free thinker, use your best judgment.
FM Korgan - Korgan seems bad, deal with him appropriately.
FM Mazzy - Me Mazzy, since you're reading this I am dead.
FM Minsc - Sheepish, you can probably control him, looks scummy might be worth lynching.
FM Montaron - Actively lurking, neut or Bhaalspawn. He may side with us.
FM Nalia - Not enough data, use your best judgement.
FM Quayle - We already know his role, he will always have wifom protection, use your best judgment.
FM Safana - The final Bhaalspawn, or the thief, as of now consider her on our side.
FM Sarevok - I have already voiced my opinions on him, they have not changed.
FM Shar-Teel - She revealed in our night chat that she has a secret, I was not able to tell what it is, but it sounded like she revealed it in the night 1 chat, she may have claimed cleric?
FM Valygar - If i recall correctly he swapped opinions with the vote count, I believe you know what this means.
FM Xan - Self spoken sheep, I believe he is trying to fool us as his other posts do indicate independent thought.
FM Xzar - A cult if I ever saw one, but hes not on our list. O.o
FM Yeslick - Lacking clear judgment, I think hes best left alive.
FM Yoshimo - Overconfident, you can use this to your advantage.

A helpful suggestion up until I knew I was dead I did not look at our list, for any new converts, I suggest the same strategy up until the temple opens. Especially new players, this will help protect our identities.

A message to the Bhaalspawns.

I have created a list of bounties to help decided which Bhaalspawn will win with us, the one with the most points will be granted our assistance.

FM Haer-Daelis 100 points
Spy 100 Points
Harper Guardian 100 points
Other Harper 75 Points
Illusionist 75 Points
Town PR 50 Points
Explorer 25 Points
Neutral 0 Points
Other Cultist -50 Points
Hidden Cultist -100 Points

The Real Face of FM Mazzy
http://www.whitecollarlexicon.com/character_pics/mozzie.jpg

FM Jaheira
September 18th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Lol XD That Mozzy image. Too cool ^.^

FM Mazzy
September 18th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Lol XD That Mozzy image. Too cool ^.^

Glad you like it, I think it was the best part of the whole will.

FM Aerie
September 18th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Didn't think the cult would actually sacrifice one of their members just to get me killed.

FM Imoen
September 18th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Didn't think the cult would actually sacrifice one of their members just to get me killed.

I don't think they knew they were sacrificing a member. Otherwise they wouldn't have done it.

FM Imoen
September 18th, 2013, 11:23 PM
I like this, but in general I think the scum MVP is lacking this point. Maybe I'm biased because it was the main point around my gambit.

For those interested in the last will that got swallowed by the thief.

Interesting last will. It's probably better for your team that it was never published. I think town could have easily seen through your "town reads" of your allies. Especially after one or two of them died and flipped cult.

And I think "exposing PRs" falls under "managed to find players' roles", which applies to both town and scum.

FM Dynaheir
September 18th, 2013, 11:34 PM

In all likelihood, it was Xan that was trapped, not you. The only thing we didn't expect is that you'd be put in the heartwarder chat.

FM Aerie
September 19th, 2013, 02:21 AM
In all likelihood, it was Xan that was trapped, not you. The only thing we didn't expect is that you'd be put in the heartwarder chat.

I asked kivan several times to put me and xan together in a heartwarden chat. Guess the cult didn't pay attention to that.

FM Keldorn
September 19th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Garrick makes me facepalm all the time...

FM Jaheira
September 19th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Garrick makes me facepalm all the time...

Lol yeah XD He sees things that aren't there. It'd be pretty funny if I wasn't so sure he was Town.

FM Mazzy
September 19th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Interesting last will. It's probably better for your team that it was never published. I think town could have easily seen through your "town reads" of your allies. Especially after one or two of them died and flipped cult.

And I think "exposing PRs" falls under "managed to find players' roles", which applies to both town and scum.

What reads are those? Several of my Town reads were converted after I died.

Clarification:

I am challenging you to create a list of who was cult WHEN i died.
Don't forget the ones that are alive.

FM Viconia
September 19th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Tip for Valygar when he reads this - don't refer to "Adventurers" in third person like that.

"The Adventurers will probably still win"

into

"We'll probably still win"

FM Jaheira
September 19th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Tip for Valygar when he reads this - don't refer to "Adventurers" in third person like that.

"The Adventurers will probably still win"

into

"We'll probably still win"

This is exactly what someone pulled on me sometime this game. I spoke briefly from a cultist pov to get a point across and was FoSed for it. Valygar spoke from a Harper's pov in the same way. Granted this time Valygar is scum, but people need to look at context before judging.

FM Imoen
September 20th, 2013, 08:06 AM
What reads are those? Several of my Town reads were converted after I died.

Clarification:

I am challenging you to create a list of who was cult WHEN i died.
Don't forget the ones that are alive.

When you were alive, cult was: Valygar, Shar-Teel, Minsc, Sarevok, Keldorn, Jan (pre-disguise), and you.

Give or take Dynaheir, who I believe was converted the night you died.

FM Viconia
September 20th, 2013, 10:50 AM
After Valygar dies, who is the last cultist?

FM Dynaheir
September 20th, 2013, 11:27 AM
After Valygar dies, who is the last cultist?

Guess.

FM Aerie
September 20th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I find it hard to believe that kagain is a harper. Why would anyone want to recruit him?

FM Jaheira
September 20th, 2013, 01:43 PM
I find it hard to believe that kagain is a harper. Why would anyone want to recruit him?

It's possible I guess. When he claimed I was really wary of him, but there are probably only like 2 Cults left so Harper claiming is basically impossible, so he's probably telling the truth.

FM Viconia
September 20th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Welcome Valygar to the afterlife

FM Jaheira
September 20th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Hey Valygar! Nice to finally have you ^.^

FM Dynaheir
September 20th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Hey Valygar, it's a good thing we recruited that Super-Arsonist that got all the remaining players doused and will ignite tonight, huh?

FM Imoen
September 20th, 2013, 06:12 PM
lol @ Valygar's last will. Pro avenger is pro.

FM Valygar
September 20th, 2013, 07:13 PM
lol @ Valygar's last will. Pro avenger is pro.

I have yet to read most of the Dead Chat, but I'm going to begin with this: I was pretty happy with my play during this game, but my actions regarding the Bounty Hunter constituted the worst single play I've ever made in a Forum Mafia (and this is my 12th, so that's saying alot). I'd assert that Safana/Montaron won the Adventurers the game, but I certainly screwed us over with that ill thought out kill.

FM Valygar
September 20th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Hey Valygar, it's a good thing we recruited that Super-Arsonist that got all the remaining players doused and will ignite tonight, huh?

Yes, very good my pupil.... the adventurers think they have won, but they are in for a surprise. Ha. Ha. Ha.....

FM Valygar
September 20th, 2013, 09:58 PM
I feel like some of my actions need explaining, so sometime in the next few days I'll post my actions or major moves and give some reasoning for him. I was very happy with my play until Branwen happened, but I'd give props to Shar Teel as best scum.

FM Valygar
September 21st, 2013, 12:06 AM
Lets go over everything: if there's anything else that I missed, feel free to ask me about it. I'm going to be breaking up this into 2 sections, by the way.

Day 1 Edwin lynch: He was acting very scummy and I figured it was a good opportunity to gain some free town points. If he flipped cult, he was probably screwed anyway and I just gained some free points, but if he flipped town I wouldn't stand out.

Night 1 Heartwarder chat: I figured that, if the other person was really a Duke, I should 100% claim so I claimed explorer (and from that point on, I began building what I believed to be a very strong explorer claim in the future). I think I made a great impression by doing things that a typical scum wouldn't and I think he would've made a strong ally if things didn't go down as they had.

Night 1 Minsc recruit: During day 1, Minsc didn't post much but his posts were insightful. I was expecting him to fall somewhere between a moderately strong town read and a neutral read, which was my initial target range for recruits.

Day 2 Mazzy lynch push: I figured Mazzy was dead at that point, so I figured I could gain some EXTREME town points by bussing her. It was around this time that I began my (unsuccessful) plan to deliberately get Mazzy lynched but tie as many people to her as possible so at least a few of them would go down with her. Anomen did this on his own, and some people like Yeslick and Tiax joined of their own accord. Even more surprisingly, Mazzy survived the day and wasted the town's time even more.

Night 2 Keldorn recruit: Keldorn also seemed like a very bright player. However, I expected Keldorn to be a very strong town read in the coming days and I recruited him with the intent of exerting some control over the town. He turned out to be brilliant still (although apparently people noticed changes in my behavior) and I think he played the game well and would've been an amazing asset if he was allowed to live until the night chat opened.

Overall Haer Dalis buddying: I chose Keldorn instead of Haer Dalis because I had plans to control Haer WITHOUT culting him, and to connect myself with him as much as possible so that, if he died, I would look good and vice versa. This began with me labeling Haer as my strongest town read in Heartwarder chat, and also expressing concern whenever it looked like Haer was going to be put at risk. I took this to the extreme in the later days when I refused to lynch Haer, and it seemed to have paid off because he was not on my lynch train.

Day 3 continued Mazzy bussing: Seriously adventurers. At this point, myself and some of my cultists were in full bus mode, and you STILL wouldn't freakin' lynch Mazzy. I would attribute this in part to how bad overall the Adventurers were, but also to how good Mazzy's replacement was (would be one of my top 3 scum MVPs actually). Well, I stayed on the Mazzy train until the end and STILL Viconia was lynched, so I'm calling that day a good day.

Night 3 Dynaheir recruit: I began to realize at that point that, with Minsc/Keldorn as my first recruits and with people like Shar Teel in my cult, we were going to end up coming off as too townie and would either be killed off by Bhaalspawn (how wrong was I, lol) or the pattern would be discovered by town members (bingo). So, I began to make a transition into a different recruiting style by picking someone who was replaced. I understood that replaced players would naturally appear less threatening as they would have to be given time to catch up and their posting styles would be less obvious. Dynaheir seemed like a very promising replacement, so I chose him to become the next follower of Bhaal and I think that this was my 2nd best recruitment (best was Keldorn).

And then all Hell breaks loose...

FM Aerie
September 21st, 2013, 09:14 AM
Did you ever think about controlling kivan into visiting Xan to make the bomb at his house blow up?

FM Imoen
September 21st, 2013, 09:48 AM
Lets go over everything: if there's anything else that I missed, feel free to ask me about it. I'm going to be breaking up this into 2 sections, by the way.

Day 1 Edwin lynch: He was acting very scummy and I figured it was a good opportunity to gain some free town points. If he flipped cult, he was probably screwed anyway and I just gained some free points, but if he flipped town I wouldn't stand out.

Night 1 Heartwarder chat: I figured that, if the other person was really a Duke, I should 100% claim so I claimed explorer (and from that point on, I began building what I believed to be a very strong explorer claim in the future). I think I made a great impression by doing things that a typical scum wouldn't and I think he would've made a strong ally if things didn't go down as they had.

Night 1 Minsc recruit: During day 1, Minsc didn't post much but his posts were insightful. I was expecting him to fall somewhere between a moderately strong town read and a neutral read, which was my initial target range for recruits.

Day 2 Mazzy lynch push: I figured Mazzy was dead at that point, so I figured I could gain some EXTREME town points by bussing her. It was around this time that I began my (unsuccessful) plan to deliberately get Mazzy lynched but tie as many people to her as possible so at least a few of them would go down with her. Anomen did this on his own, and some people like Yeslick and Tiax joined of their own accord. Even more surprisingly, Mazzy survived the day and wasted the town's time even more.

Night 2 Keldorn recruit: Keldorn also seemed like a very bright player. However, I expected Keldorn to be a very strong town read in the coming days and I recruited him with the intent of exerting some control over the town. He turned out to be brilliant still (although apparently people noticed changes in my behavior) and I think he played the game well and would've been an amazing asset if he was allowed to live until the night chat opened.

Overall Haer Dalis buddying: I chose Keldorn instead of Haer Dalis because I had plans to control Haer WITHOUT culting him, and to connect myself with him as much as possible so that, if he died, I would look good and vice versa. This began with me labeling Haer as my strongest town read in Heartwarder chat, and also expressing concern whenever it looked like Haer was going to be put at risk. I took this to the extreme in the later days when I refused to lynch Haer, and it seemed to have paid off because he was not on my lynch train.

Day 3 continued Mazzy bussing: Seriously adventurers. At this point, myself and some of my cultists were in full bus mode, and you STILL wouldn't freakin' lynch Mazzy. I would attribute this in part to how bad overall the Adventurers were, but also to how good Mazzy's replacement was (would be one of my top 3 scum MVPs actually). Well, I stayed on the Mazzy train until the end and STILL Viconia was lynched, so I'm calling that day a good day.

Night 3 Dynaheir recruit: I began to realize at that point that, with Minsc/Keldorn as my first recruits and with people like Shar Teel in my cult, we were going to end up coming off as too townie and would either be killed off by Bhaalspawn (how wrong was I, lol) or the pattern would be discovered by town members (bingo). So, I began to make a transition into a different recruiting style by picking someone who was replaced. I understood that replaced players would naturally appear less threatening as they would have to be given time to catch up and their posting styles would be less obvious. Dynaheir seemed like a very promising replacement, so I chose him to become the next follower of Bhaal and I think that this was my 2nd best recruitment (best was Keldorn).

And then all Hell breaks loose...

Where did I read for you? I tried my best to make myself into a poor target for recruitment, but I confess myself a bit surprised that it actually worked.

FM Valygar
September 21st, 2013, 10:10 AM
Where did I read for you? I tried my best to make myself into a poor target for recruitment, but I confess myself a bit surprised that it actually worked.

You were definitely one of my stronger potential recruit targets: you were a very strong town read, and the events regarding Viconia didn't diminish that by much. However, you were waaaaaaaaaay too much in the spotlight for me to feel safe about recruiting you, so I went with the safer Dynaheir on N3 (based on roles, I'm glad I did).

FM Mazzy
September 21st, 2013, 10:11 AM
You were definitely one of my stronger potential recruit targets: you were a very strong town read, and the events regarding Viconia didn't diminish that by much. However, you were waaaaaaaaaay too much in the spotlight for me to feel safe about recruiting you, so I went with the safer Dynaheir on N3 (based on roles, I'm glad I did).

Wait so you didn't realize I was serious when i suggested she was the real diviner? I thought that would be obvious for every cultist.

@Valygar Mind revealing your COM?

FM Mazzy
September 21st, 2013, 10:17 AM
When you were alive, cult was: Valygar, Shar-Teel, Minsc, Sarevok, Keldorn, Jan (pre-disguise), and you.

Give or take Dynaheir, who I believe was converted the night you died.

Hmm maybe you are right, or maybe hind-sight still gives you an edge impossible to tell.

FM Imoen
September 21st, 2013, 10:28 AM

Yeah, I realized I was giving off town vibes, so I tried to draw attention to myself hoping that you would think exactly that (it's how I would recruit too if I were you).

As for roles, my role wouldn't have been very useful to you as cult, it would take me out of the town, which would've been good for you, since I kept catching people lying about clues. But apparently you needed the graverobber to even make a kill (and I ended up dying anyway) so this worked out better for you. And for me! lol

FM Valygar
September 21st, 2013, 10:33 AM
Wait so you didn't realize I was serious when i suggested she was the real diviner? I thought that would be obvious for every cultist.

@Valygar Mind revealing your COM?

I had speculated about it, but I still had my doubts.

My COM is Ganondorf: I participated in FMs 2-12 and this is my first one in awhile so I'm (obviously) still a bit rusty. I was actually very worried about SaJana because I was worried it would become another FM VIII (which shows the incredible dangers that ensue when someone "aligned with town" can infiltrate a scum night chat). Luckily, it didn't, but that didn't stop us from losing.

FM Valygar
September 21st, 2013, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I realized I was giving off town vibes, so I tried to draw attention to myself hoping that you would think exactly that (it's how I would recruit too if I were you).

As for roles, my role wouldn't have been very useful to you as cult, it would take me out of the town, which would've been good for you, since I kept catching people lying about clues. But apparently you needed the graverobber to even make a kill (and I ended up dying anyway) so this worked out better for you. And for me! lol

Yeah I really wouldn't have wanted a Diviner, and I also was worried that you would become a Bhaalspawn target so I ignored you. I figured that, if you survived for awhile, I could make a case about you being culted on N2 and your Day 3 behavior being attempt to buddy with a town, but I never got the chance (and I think things were turning so it wouldn't have worked).

FM Mazzy
September 21st, 2013, 11:19 AM
So I like what Valygar did so I'm going to explain my thought to my actions too.

Day 2: Residual FoS from previous COM, Leave hints at multiple roles in RP to help me claim later. When FoS continues and pressure gets hot stall, I don't consider stalling role-claim is a scum tell. I think its a PR/Scum tell. Delayed until the last second to provide my PR claim with more weight. After a lot of time and a significant amount of chaos/pressure. I claimed diviner hoping people would notice the confirmabilty of the role and lay off me. Nobody did.... So I reveal the plan for confirmation as well as hinting at what I would have preferred to do (Check Viconia). I get off because of the confirmable role.

Night 2: Branwen lays seeds for my disagreement with the town so I take the opportunity. I disobey the town on a gambit hoping that they will see my willingness to sacrifice myself and use that in their judgement. Most people in my night chat disagree, but because I can't really confirm myself I have to go with it anyways in hopes that the town in general will agree with branwen. In order to make it work my clue will have to contradict someones. Even though Safana at the time struck me as the Thief I had to go with Viconia because her clues were pretty fishy compared to Safana's. Created fake clues keeping in mind that fake clues from scratch are very difficult I used her clues as a baseline.

Day 3: Reveal my clue and offer myself as a sacrifice for the good of the town. Provide limited defense in the hopes that it will sway towns opinions as stated before. Branwen takes the bite right off the back and manages to gain me supports to the point that Viconia is in lynch range so I start my push. She gets lynched, and I get proven scum. When people hint at being a PR that investigate me last night I noted it or hint in chat so if I do die at least cultist will get some benefit. I identified 3 PR's I hinted one in chat, and place the others in my last will.

Night 3: Get Satyr's puzzle, the very puzzle I hoped for. Everyone feared the puzzle, but the answer had come to me IMMEDIATELY when it was first place in chat day 2. As was my tactic in pushing the Viconia lynch, I argue that it is towns best interest to choose me unless they are unsure of the answer. They take the bite and put me up, while again my willingness to risk my life plays on their thoughts. By the end of the night they were speculating me being the prophet. Honestly I had been trying to setup being the thief, but prophet worked just as well so I let them continue their discussion while I prepared my last will. Last second of the night I provide the solution that had been so obvious.

FM Jaheira
September 21st, 2013, 12:12 PM
Night 3: Get Satyr's puzzle, the very puzzle I hoped for. Everyone feared the puzzle, but the answer had come to me IMMEDIATELY when it was first place in chat day 2. As was my tactic in pushing the Viconia lynch, I argue that it is towns best interest to choose me unless they are unsure of the answer. They take the bite and put me up, while again my willingness to risk my life plays on their thoughts. By the end of the night they were speculating me being the prophet. Honestly I had been trying to setup being the thief, but prophet worked just as well so I let them continue their discussion while I prepared my last will. Last second of the night I provide the solution that had been so obvious.

This is the part that seriously ticked me off about your play. I had come up with Earth as the answer too, but nobody wanted to send me > : (

FM Imoen
September 21st, 2013, 03:02 PM
This is the part that seriously ticked me off about your play. I had come up with Earth as the answer too, but nobody wanted to send me > : (

I definitely suggested variations of this answer during the day. I'm not sure why people to chose to ignore me.

FM Imoen
September 21st, 2013, 03:06 PM
I had speculated about it, but I still had my doubts.

My COM is Ganondorf: I participated in FMs 2-12 and this is my first one in awhile so I'm (obviously) still a bit rusty. I was actually very worried about SaJana because I was worried it would become another FM VIII (which shows the incredible dangers that ensue when someone "aligned with town" can infiltrate a scum night chat). Luckily, it didn't, but that didn't stop us from losing.

Ah, so you're Ganondorf. That explains it. I was looking forward to playing with you. Excellent. Despite the fact that your faction was kind of screwed over, I think you did a pretty good job. Everything you had control over you did pretty well except with regards to Branwen/the hitman. That wasn't so good. Still, it was one flaw in an otherwise flawless sequence of recruits. Well done. You're definitely high on my list of best non-town players for this game, though the bhaalspawn who wiped out half the cult in one night might have you beat. lol

FM Valygar
September 21st, 2013, 03:43 PM
Going over everything continued: you have to understand that, up until Day 4, I'm pretty confident that my cult is going to win in a blowout. We controlled Keldorn, Shar Teel, and Minsc, 3 of the strongest town reads, Sarevok and myself were laying low, and Mazzy was distracting so many people that her death was bound to stir up attention (or so I thought). I was confident that, once we took out the Harpers (hopefully the thief would steal the Dagger and we could do it in the same night, I was thinking), the town would become paranoid and our "town" leaders could lead lynches on the many scummy non-cultists in the game at the time. Sadly, things changed very quickly after the carnage ensued:

Day 4 Anomen lynch: After the death of so many cultists, it was obvious that bussing was no longer such a viable option. The natural lynch to follow Mazzy's death was Anomen, so I pushed for it hard. I didn't think I was going to hit anyone important in the town, but I just wanted to keep the lynches off of cultists and it worked.

Night 4 ? recruit (the final cultist): Let's just say that I decided to take the trend I set on Night 3 even further and recruit someone that I felt was very neutral, or even slightly scummy (but not so scummy that they would be lynched in the immediate future). At this point, I was trying to avoid playing into the "Prophet only recruits strong town reads" thing (which I actually realized would happen before it happened) and my recruit was a natural choice for that reason. The other idea I had been tossing around was Yoshimo, but I chose not to on the grounds that I didn't feel it would accomplish anything for me.

Day 5 push for Branwen lynch: Today the Adventurers broke our back. I pushed for a Branwen lynch because he was too hard to read for me to feel safe with him on my side, telling the town that I would feel fine with lynching Shar Teel "after Branwen was dead" (how I wish we had lynched him that day). However, the town had other ideas and chose to lynch Shar Teel instead. Although she did bring down Jaheira with her and cast suspicion on Yoshimo, her death was 100% not worth it. It would've been bad enough losing an Assassin, but we really needed that Quartermaster in the late game to replenish our Assassin count and tailor our cult to weather the impending storm. It also cast a bad light on me and the other 5 people on the Branwen lynch and indirectly led to my greatest derp in FM XIX.

Night 5 Xzar recruit: I was going back and forth between Xzar and Xan (who I wish I had recruited so that way he would kill me), but I chose Xzar because he had posted some and was somewhat active in the game, yet he was flying under the radar as a neutral to slightly scummy read (almost like the ? logic). I was hoping that either Xzar or ? would be my wild card in the late game, but Xzar actually turned out to be a Harper. I had hoped that he wouldn't reveal in chat so that way I could take him out silently, but that didn't work out and I lost a recruit that I desperately needed with nothing to show for it.

Day 6 Jaheira lynch: Looking back, I question whether this was a good idea or not. I justified this lynch on the "bad precedent" logic (that allowing people to continue to gambit so hard will effectively allow the cult to do as they please in day chat), but I felt like almost everyone was realizing that he had just made a mistake and really wasn't culted. Nevertheless, I pushed the lynch to avoid a lynch on an ally, and it worked (while possibly making me look bad).

Night 6 Keldorn defense: I would consider this my final stand. In my opinion, I absolutely could not allow Keldorn to be volunteered, so I put up a fight using the "we can't understand the puzzle right so Keldorn could be telling the truth" logic (which, consequently, allowed me to defend/buddy with Haer even more). I almost got the train moved to Haer which would've been OK but better than Keldorn, but I failed due to inactivity and dissent among the players and Keldorn perished (and with him, the hopes and dreams of the cult).

Day/Night 6 Bounty Hunter ordeal: The big one. I had initially solved Nalia's puzzle because I wanted to bolster my citizen claim. I figured that the sanctum could be opened that night so trying to convert would be pointless, and I decided that a Bounty Hunter kill would make me look even more like a citizen and give the cult the possibility of 2 KPN instead of one. I was mulling over the idea of shooting Coran, but I decided that shooting her would make me look like I'm trying to eliminate any potential enemies. Instead, I chose to try to earn "righteous points" by letting her live, using the argument "she's just beginning to contribute" to justify my actions: bad idea in the end. With that decision being made, I had to come up with another target. I had thought about shooting Yoshimo (based on his defense of Shar Teel) but I decided against it based on the reaction to the Jaheira lynch and the fact that Yoshimo was actually coming off as a town player anyway. I decided to shoot Xan for being a lurker (but I also thought he might be a PR), but then he revealed as a Bhaalspawn at 3:15 or so that day (as I remember). Recognizing that the town was very pro-Bhaalspawn, I decided to switch at the last minute (deadline at 3:30) and the first name that came to mind was Branwen. I thought "scummy, lying, hard to read: GREAT." I submitted the action to send Nalia to kill Branwen and for Keldorn to kill someone (I can't remember who, but the action was obviously flawed because: 1) Keldorn wasn't an assassin, and 2) Keldorn did in fact get sent as a volunteer and was killed, despite my best hopes). Worst. Decision. Ever.

The rest is history. I desperately tried to defend myself against the next lynch, but the town wasn't willing to allow Xzar to check me and instead chose to resort to killing me straightaway. My beautifully set up Explorer claim crumbled to dust in my hands because I was forced to defend my teammates by the fewness of our numbers, and because of a rushed Bounty Hunter kill. On that night, I gave Branwen and Nalia their wins (and possibly Coran: Was Coran really an antagonist targeting me?) and ended any hope of my cult winning. The final survivor would have to pull off a miracle to win it for the cult (without intervention from Bhaal himself, of course hint hint).

FM Valygar
September 21st, 2013, 03:48 PM

It's ironic: the mini puzzles provided by Cernd, Nalia, and Yeslick (which was irrelevant) I could solve, but I was awful at the main puzzle and its various puzzle rooms (not even by strategy, but by personal capabilities). I genuinely thought that the answer to Gargoyle's gate wasn't 'vengeance' and that 'Karma' was a great answer. I thought 'earth' was an awful answer to Satyr's gate and it would be something more figurative. I really didn't contribute much to the Graveyard puzzle (this was due to a combination of not wanting to help for the sake of my role, not being able to help due to IRL stuff, and not knowing how to help), and I was initially wrong on so many of the questions and concepts in the Dungeon puzzle.

tl;dr I suck at puzzles

FM Dynaheir
September 21st, 2013, 03:50 PM
I think (barring Branwen of course) you made all the right choices. Cult has had spectacularly bad luck, even ignoring the avenger.

The Aerie thing was definitely my fault though... We should have picked a less risky target.

FM Valygar
September 21st, 2013, 03:52 PM
Did you ever think about controlling kivan into visiting Xan to make the bomb at his house blow up?

We were discussing ways to use Xan against the Adventurers, but I don't remember much of the conversation (which was pretty lackluster). I think you can just see for yourself when the cult chat is opened to the public (with its one single conversation, since now there is only 1 cultist left alive) unless Bhaal/Cespenar are willing to reveal it now.

Looking back, I think that one of the greatest weaknesses of the cult in this game was that we had some very bright minds, but almost none of them survived to the point where they could actually discuss their brilliant strategies. By the point we actually had a night chat, the game was over, my mistake had been made, and everyone was pretty down.

FM Aerie
September 22nd, 2013, 02:09 AM
Im guessing that the last cultist is korgan. He was a pretty obvious duke.

FM Aerie
September 22nd, 2013, 02:10 AM

Nvm, he is still green according to the deadlynch chat.

FM Ferengi
September 22nd, 2013, 04:56 AM
I was actually very worried about SaJana because I was worried it would become another FM VIII (which shows the incredible dangers that ensue when someone "aligned with town" can infiltrate a scum night chat). Luckily, it didn't, but that didn't stop us from losing.
The difference between FM 8 and this one was that the infiltrator wasn't inside the scum faction from the start, and even if they did succeed at infiltration they still wouldn't know what daytime accounts were associated with the night accounts they saw in the night chat. It would have taken some effort to figure out identities and then it still wouldn't be an exact science. The cult would be warned by the cleaned body in the graveyard as well.

In addition to that, there were 4 players that could also win with the town that had to see the doppelganger dead by the end of the game and it couldn't leave death notes to reveal its finds anonymously. Sajana's out in the open play was completely suicidal.

FM Valygar
September 22nd, 2013, 09:18 AM

Yeah, I didn't want to recruit Korgan for 2 reasons:
1) The events of Heartwarder chat N1 (this was, of course, before day 6 when I started to realize that Korgan was the Duke after all, but at that point I had decided to forfeit my final recruit).
2) I was hoping N1 would buy me some town points in Korgan's book without me having to actually recruit him (similar to my Haer Dalis strategy).

FM Xan
September 22nd, 2013, 11:21 AM
f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5

FM Valygar
September 22nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
After deliberating, my choices for scum MVP would have to be:
1) Keldorn: Stayed alive for quite awhile, had a way with words in day chat, would've been a very strong asset if people weren't so paranoid about clues on N6.
2) Shar Teel: Strong town read from day 1, managed to use her ability as much as was possible (and AT/graverobber were good choices IMO), would've survived for much longer without the article.
3) Mazzy replacement: Man, I wish she had been Mazzy since day 1. She actually managed to survive 2 lynch trains with the spotlight on her, and then was only killed by a BH contract. She forced a mislynch and distracted the town for days.

I would personally nominate Keldorn, but if you're willing to use replacements (who were only in-game for 2 days) then Mazzy is my choice.

As for citizens, I really didn't like the play of any of the citizens much (due to either inactivity, a penchant for scumminess, or a stupid gambit). I suppose I'd actually have to go with someone like Ajantis: he wasn't my favorite player, but he had the best track record of all citizens. If I had left Dynaheir as a citizen, I think he would've performed the best.

As for overall MVP, I'd say the Bhaalspawn are automatically disqualified. I think the Harpers played bad (maybe you could nominate Xzar), and I wouldn't nominate an Explorer either. I would nominate Keldorn/Shar/Mazzy from the cult, I would nominate Branwen/Nalia from the neutrals, and Cernd/Kivan/Imoen/Aerie from the town. I would narrow it down between Branwen/Mazzy/Cernd/Kivan, and I would probably choose Kivan as the game MVP.

FM Imoen
September 22nd, 2013, 03:52 PM
After deliberating, my choices for scum MVP would have to be:
1) Keldorn: Stayed alive for quite awhile, had a way with words in day chat, would've been a very strong asset if people weren't so paranoid about clues on N6.
2) Shar Teel: Strong town read from day 1, managed to use her ability as much as was possible (and AT/graverobber were good choices IMO), would've survived for much longer without the article.
3) Mazzy replacement: Man, I wish she had been Mazzy since day 1. She actually managed to survive 2 lynch trains with the spotlight on her, and then was only killed by a BH contract. She forced a mislynch and distracted the town for days.

I would personally nominate Keldorn, but if you're willing to use replacements (who were only in-game for 2 days) then Mazzy is my choice.

As for citizens, I really didn't like the play of any of the citizens much (due to either inactivity, a penchant for scumminess, or a stupid gambit). I suppose I'd actually have to go with someone like Ajantis: he wasn't my favorite player, but he had the best track record of all citizens. If I had left Dynaheir as a citizen, I think he would've performed the best.

As for overall MVP, I'd say the Bhaalspawn are automatically disqualified. I think the Harpers played bad (maybe you could nominate Xzar), and I wouldn't nominate an Explorer either. I would nominate Keldorn/Shar/Mazzy from the cult, I would nominate Branwen/Nalia from the neutrals, and Cernd/Kivan/Imoen/Aerie from the town. I would narrow it down between Branwen/Mazzy/Cernd/Kivan, and I would probably choose Kivan as the game MVP.

Personally I don't think Kivan did anything particularly noteworthy, though I guess I could've missed something since I haven't been paying as close attention since I died. But I don't like how he claimed his role for no reason. Maybe this is just a bias on my part, but I hate that town seems so happy to claim their roles in recent games. I think there is much more to be gained from keeping secrets instead of putting a target on your back unnecessarily.

As such, I would place Cernd as the best town. He was on all the right lynches, didn't claim too early, and had pretty accurate reads of everyone. I think my play was probably on par with his while I was alive, but I died relatively early and he has survived and continues to be a leader for town in my absence, so I give it to him.

FM Viconia
September 22nd, 2013, 04:14 PM
I agree with Cernd as town MVP.

I'm undecided about the cult MVP. It feels like everyone fulfilled some aspect of the cult MVP total but not one fulfilled them all.

FM Yoshimo
September 22nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
Lol wow.

FM Jaheira
September 22nd, 2013, 07:20 PM
Hi Yoshimo. I'm really not sure why you were lynched but oh well. Now we get you :D

FM Yoshimo
September 22nd, 2013, 07:46 PM
Happy to be here :D

FM Valygar
September 23rd, 2013, 02:52 PM
Personally I don't think Kivan did anything particularly noteworthy, though I guess I could've missed something since I haven't been paying as close attention since I died. But I don't like how he claimed his role for no reason. Maybe this is just a bias on my part, but I hate that town seems so happy to claim their roles in recent games. I think there is much more to be gained from keeping secrets instead of putting a target on your back unnecessarily.

As such, I would place Cernd as the best town. He was on all the right lynches, didn't claim too early, and had pretty accurate reads of everyone. I think my play was probably on par with his while I was alive, but I died relatively early and he has survived and continues to be a leader for town in my absence, so I give it to him.

I had initially chose Kivan because I felt like he was more fit to lead the town than Cernd. I think Kivan played a solid game overall and his night actions had a bigger influence than Cernd's. I also didn't feel like Cernd was trustworthy: if I was town, I wouldn't WANT to believe him. I think Kivan calculated the repercussions of his claim and I think the odds were in his favor so he went for it (he wouldn't be culted and the Bhaalspawn would leave him be). However, I could see Cernd as MVP as well.

Hi Muso :D