PDA

View Full Version : Machete cult

Squidypie
August 21st, 2013, 01:38 AM
MACHETE CULT

Machete Cult
Neutral Evil (Killing, but not Neutral Killing)
Sk/Vig/ Mafioso clue set
Unique
Victims will become cult if healed
Converted Vigilantes will be capped at their remaining attacks (up to 3)
Cannot perform a kill on a night where cultist attempts a conversion or the night after a successful conversion (including WDs)
Cannot convert beyond cult limit

Options

-Converted vigilantes become Machete Cult
-Machete Cult has 3 attacks (standard 2)

Strengths
-Useful in balancing a maf>town situation
-Remains useful after cult reaches cap
-Makes vigilantes less powerful vs cult
Generally the cultist will take the night action, but when a cultist fails to convert a maf, the next night the Machete Cult can cut him down if it looks like mafia are nearing the majority

Weaknesses
-Will be the easiest role to detect (masons/sheriffs/lookouts/detectives/worst clue set to be in/ known vigi will be lynched as soon as machete kill occurs)
-Grows cult slower than normal cultists
-Might hit a wall where further conversion becomes impossible
-His converts will be highly suspect (docs will notice no Machete kill on a given night if there have been some previously)

I know what you're thinking; if Witch Doctor and Machete team up they'll be unstoppable! Yup! They can get up to 3 converts between the two of them over the course of 6 days by expending all their powers, and in the process probably kill and revive a mafia to no benefit, or hit a night immune.

A single normal cultist will convert at the same pace as WD/Machete, and Machete/cultist conversions are mutually exclusive.

-WD loses a heal when healing machete kill, but the machete is the one who causes the conversion. (WD functions as a normal doc)

Slaol
August 21st, 2013, 04:27 AM
What? Please fill out role suggestions with more detail.

Squidypie
August 21st, 2013, 09:56 AM
Fine, I will dare to dream

pat_power
August 21st, 2013, 09:49 PM
I don't like it, it is a bit OP... cult is meant to win silently with voting power. With that role they could convert vigi to kill mafia, gaining way too much vote power.

Slaol
August 21st, 2013, 10:31 PM
I am generally OK with this role. As well it is limited properly. Conversions are more powerful than kills, so the Cult would still seek to utilize them mostly, with the kills being a secondary option used to contest the Mafia.

The combination with Witch Doctor is something that should probably NOT be allowed, as it is effectively just another conversion. However, the fact that this would require an attack means the Witch Doctor could not actually save the person. As well you have limited it by saying this could not follow a night of conversion. This would basically mean it NEVER could attack unless Cult was on 2 night cooldown, or had hit maximum size.

The limitations put on it make a lot of sense and keep it in the slot of a Support Cultist like the Witch Doctor. These make it a late game factor most of the time to overcome the Mafia at night.

I don't think it needs to die to kill a Mason.
I don't think it needs to be limited to attacking every other night.

I tend to think of Cult power roles in the same way as Town ones- "What is a role that has a small task to play?" All this does is give them an option that will not be chosen to be used as often as it is disregarded. In the same way that Witch Doctor doesn't often have the impact that it's potential allows for.