PDA

View Full Version : The Siren's Gate: night 1

Pages : [1] 2

FM Ferengi
August 20th, 2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoBXppWfAwA&list=PL945B1759FCAC5517

The passages of the labyrinth that lies beneath the city of Baldur’s Gate and above the long abandoned Eldercity are silent, and the way is lit only by the occasional torch hanging from the walls. Your group treads with great caution, for it is known that giant spiders hide in the alcoves and many deadly traps have been laid with the intention to keep intruders out.

Who exactly is responsible for all these defense mechanisms is unknown. While you’re certainly not the first to venture through here and possibly not the first to make it to your destination, many a daring thief has died in pursuit of riches lost to time. And not only thieves have fallen. Part of the way through, you come across the dead body of a man clad in a vest of chainmail armour, bearing the seal of the Flaming Fist mercenaries. The man is impaled on a spear protruding from the wall. It may well have been one of the men sent ahead of the expedition by Duke Eltan.

After a long trek through the dungeon, you finally make it to a dead end that doesn’t have you turn around to find another path. Before you stands a gate of stone with the image of a Siren depicted on it. The gate is sealed however. And when Safana touches it, the walls start to hum and the siren’s eyes begin to glow. The gate “speaks” to you.

I came to be
as you were told.
There was a plea,
that left you cold.
You gave your word,
yet as I feared,
I was transferred,
and disappeared.

Careful not to choose the wrong word for an answer, Safana withdraws her hand from the gate. The light in the eyes goes out and the sound from the walls dies down.

The disturbance you have caused has not gone unnoticed... Several strangers come from another path to join the expedition. Who they are and why they are here, they will not say. But for the moment, the group has more important things on their minds than to question them. A riddle needs solving...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminder:
Each group must vote for a “volunteer” to test their solution. Note that someone can be forced to take this position against their will. Whoever gets the most votes will be charged with the task. In case of a tie, the volunteer will be randomised to break the tie.

Voting for a volunteer uses the same formatting as voting to lynch someone, with [ vote ] [ /vote ] tags around their name. A majority doesn’t lock the vote. The tally at the end of the night is used.

Solutions can be proposed by anyone, whether they’re chosen as volunteer or not. A solution is proposed in the puzzle chat using the following format:

-propose solution

insert solution here

Unfortunately for the explorers, all of these locations are heavily trapped. If a wrong answer is given by the volunteer, he has a 66% chance of being struck by a trap and die. Having no proposed solution counts as a wrong answer.

If he is correct though, he will be awarded with a clue in his night feedback PM and the puzzle location will be closed.

Mysterious Strangers:
You may notice there are some people inside the puzzle chat who do not appear on the player list. These are the reserves. They are free to discuss the game with you here and provide ideas for puzzle solutions.

Although they may help, the Mysterious Strangers are not eligible for the "volunteer" position, so you cannot vote them up for it.

Do you find one of the Mysterious Strangers you've encountered in this puzzle location or elsewhere particularly helpful? Show your appreciation by vouching for them!

Do so by sending a PM to Bhaal and/or Cespenar in the following format:

-vouch for [Mysterious Stranger]

You can vouch for one Mysterious Stranger each night. That player does not have to be in your current puzzle chat. A (hidden) cumulative tally will be kept for all votes cast for all nights. The reserve player with the highest number of votes gets first dibs on the next occasion a replacement is needed. If he declines, the second in line gets to take the slot, and so on. If there are multiple openings, the Stranger with the most votes gets to choose his preferred vacant slot to fill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player List:
FM Safana
FM Sarevok
FM Jaheira
FM Minsc
FM Shar-Teel
FM Alora
FM Faldorn
FM Branwen
FM Kivan
FM Jan
FM Mazzy
FM Kagain

FM Ferengi
August 21st, 2013, 06:21 AM
Updated the original post with some information that might interest you.

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 01:01 PM
can i give reads in the puzzle chat?

FM Ferengi
August 23rd, 2013, 01:11 PM
Yes, you may.

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
excellent

time for a braindump

is there anyway you can enable the search function so i can read all of a players posts ?

kthxbai

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 02:07 PM
hayyyyyyyyyyyy

vouch 4 me tonite

safana's first post pings my gut

i like shar-teel

mazzy is scum, more votes on him

sarevok is scum. branwen is scum.

yes, confirm sarevok as scum on his second post

Aerie is scum.

skie's vote is weird.

keldorn's firstie seems forced.

anomen's logic is strnage, but @127 is so cute <3

Alora's vote is bad as well

jaheria's #180 is overexplanatory and scummy to zero pressure.

cernd seems town!

man edwin is baiting, baiting so hard. :'(

i dislike how safana and jaheria is focusing on puzzles instead of scumhunting, lets them appear contributatory

i do like minsc.

i do not like skie.

hate quayle fishing.

good job anomen for recognize the obvscum in skie's posts.

faldorn is bad.

i do like keldorn on getting us away from the pizzles, which is white noise

yeslick is town.

looking over sarevok's read wall when he flips scum.

alright.

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 02:11 PM
is there anyway you can enable the search function so i can read all of a players posts ?

these players must die soon.
qualye
branwen
jaheria
faldorn
sarevok
skie
safana
mazzy
edwin
aeris

gg no re

I will forever love anyone who gives me number 4. ;-;

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 05:41 PM
Goddammit Safana had a clue after alll! I fucking knew something is wrong that only Rogues are speaking weirdly!

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
"You gave your word,
yet as I feared,
I was transferred,
and disappeared."

Perhaps the answer is "Secret". If you promised to keep a secret and tell it to someone else it is gone.

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 05:44 PM
Can I post here?

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 05:45 PM
Looking at Kivan's posts, I am assuming yes

Forum Mafia GM
August 23rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
Can I post here?

Yes.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
I agree.

Can we get a list of all players in Group C tonight?

Looks like we have our first mysterious stranger. Welcome aboard.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 05:47 PM
"You gave your word,
yet as I feared,
I was transferred,
and disappeared."

Perhaps the answer is "Secret". If you promised to keep a secret and tell it to someone else it is gone.

Secrets are not generally foretold though.

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
None are the living
Never there water
Night will betray you
Nobody is safe

remember that Sirens are bound to water. They also sing and try to charm you. I believe the answer is related to speech/singing.

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
"Yet as I feared"

The line is important enough to not be carelessly disregarded. It detracts from the likelihood of Secret being the answer.

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 05:51 PM
Btw, statue of the Sirin in the Eldercity? This seems kinda...off place.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 05:51 PM
I'm liking a curse here.

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 05:54 PM
I came to be
as you were told.

Im guessing someone or something is becoming something else by force. He was told to be something

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 05:55 PM
Safana's clue had 5 syllables in each verse, this riddle has 4. Perhaps it's important.

I came to be as you were told. (a prophecy, a promise?)
There was a plea, that left you cold. (I have no idea what that means)
You gave your word, yet as I feared, (an oath, a promise?)
I was transferred, and disappeared. (a message, a will, a secret?)

Perhaps each 2 verses mean different thing...

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 05:56 PM
Im terrible at riddles, but I am helping as much as I can

FM Sand's COM is way too obvious.
He made no attempt to hide himself

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 06:00 PM
I came to be as you were told. [Someone can be warned about a curse]
There was a plea that left you cold. [You plead not to have the curse placed on you.
You gave your word as I feared. [Casting of the curse]
I was transferred and I disappeared. [Removal of the curse and placing it on someone else]

I'm not certain at all but it fits.

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 06:01 PM
I came to be
as you were told.
There was a plea,
that left you cold.
You gave your word,
yet as I feared,
I was transferred,
and disappeared.

In the first two lines there is a distinct suggestion that whatever the answer is cannot exist without dialogue being made between two individuals. The thing in question is obviously something intangible which, coupled with the previously noted lines, furthers the suggestion that this is an intellectual thing without any substance other than the words encompassing it. A plea suggests desperation which also suggests that whatever it is is something held dearly or it is something dramatically revolting. Leaving someone cold is similar to intense shock or stone'd fear, something similar to that line of thought. The next two lines suggest that a promise was made in some fashion which was later betrayed and foreseen by the personified thing we are supposed to discover. Once this promise was broken the thing ceased to exist.

There are a few things that could fit.

Trust and Secret are just a few things that spring to mind.

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 06:04 PM
I came to be as you were told. [Someone can be warned about a curse]
There was a plea that left you cold. [You plead not to have the curse placed on you.
You gave your word as I feared. [Casting of the curse]
I was transferred and I disappeared. [Removal of the curse and placing it on someone else]

I'm not certain at all but it fits.

I don't believe curse fits here as "there was a plea | that left you cold" suggests that someone else was pleading which in turn made you feel cold. What the curse suggests here, in your words, is that you make the curse and in turn makes you feel cold. But you dont cast curses on yourself. Unless im misunderstanding what you are saying.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Trust does not disappear upon being transferred. I do not like trust here. I agree we are likely thinking in the abstract (curse fits there).

There was a plea that left you cold. [Notice, the character you is not making the plea. The plea is a prayer or a spell casting the curse. The results of which leave you cold.]

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 06:07 PM
Ahh it's weak enough. When we get the riddle, we'll just know it probably.

*tosses paper out*

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 06:08 PM
"I was transferred, and disappeared" sound like something fragile, ethereal, hard to grasp. Perhaps something about time, future...

I'm quite sure this is some abstract concept. Unless entire riddle should be divided into parts.

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 06:15 PM
Looks like we have our first mysterious stranger. Welcome aboard.

let it be, let it be~

FM Sand's COM is way too obvious.
He made no attempt to hide himself

THREE DAYS

I really want to open the boxes

I think the puzzle is some sort of shoot the messenger but i disdain riddles, so little help from me there

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 06:20 PM
None are the living
Never there water
Night will betray you
Nobody is safe

This should not be ignored. How about different approach?

I came to be
as you were told. (Night, water, betrayal? Smth from Safana's riddle)
There was a plea, (Add another word, like "plea" or synonym of that
that left you cold.

You gave your word, (Now that we have some mystery word from joining two others)
yet as I feared,
I was transferred, (We should change it by removing something)
and disappeared.

I'm starting to doubt that this riddle is just describing one word.

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 06:23 PM
None are the living"
Never there "water"
"Night" will betray you
"Nobody" is safe

This seem to have more sense if we treat each noun as a word without meaning.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 06:25 PM
I came to be, as you were told. [This suggests a warning of somesort.]
There was a plea, that left you cold. [Plea usually is an invocation of a language, left you cold... could be physical cold or emotional cold.]

You gave your word, yet as I feared [This sounds like a promise of some sort]
I was transferred, and disappeared [Suggests I is something that can be given]

-----------

When I read Safana's riddle, I think desert a lot

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 06:26 PM
On a side note, Edwin what the hell were you doing not reading your rolecard? :mad:

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 06:27 PM
Shar-Teel, I also thought about a desert for a while. It really makes you think about some dry, deadly place, huh?

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 06:28 PM
Desert is only thought of because of the line "never there water." But in a desert night does not betray you, unless you're an utter moron.

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 06:30 PM
Wow, Edwin was a total moron. Can't wait to see his COM, LVP for sure. I'm glad I wasn't right about Lunatic though.

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 06:34 PM
I've just read an RP. I'm in it!

" Kivan pulls the lever that reveals a passage before you."

Hah, I contribute!:D

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 06:39 PM
I agree, edwin was terrible

who said that he knew edwins com? probscum

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 06:43 PM
Why don't we break this up? We all still focus if there's anything that fits all four requirements but each one of us just focus on a massive list that can fit our particular category. Tomorrow, we see if anything is on all four lists.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 06:45 PM
I agree, edwin was terrible

who said that he knew edwins com? probscum

Why is knowing someone's com probscum?

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 06:46 PM
just checked

i want safana, mazzy, or jaheira to volunteer tonite

I'M EXCITED

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
just checked

i want safana, mazzy, or jaheira to volunteer tonite

I'M EXCITED

Branwen is my volunteer choice. I will definitely go for Mazzy though. Safana after that. I can't see myself sending Jahiera though.

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Why is knowing someone's com probscum?

slip, thinks X is town to gain town points.

safana's last few posts scream like sheknows edwin's alignment

Hmm (I think) I know FM Edwin COM, he is always scummy no matter what role he plays.

I fear we are going to expect something totally unexpected ):

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 06:50 PM
Branwen is my volunteer choice. I will definitely go for Mazzy though. Safana after that. I can't see myself sending Jahiera though.

why did I think branwen was scum again?

lemme check my notes

doubleslap is where it's at

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 06:52 PM
Those posts don't sit well with me but I don't think they are "slips". You are presuming that the scums knew each other day 1, when they did not. You missed that detail in the thread. So the basis that Safana knew Edwin was town is wrong.

FM Branwen

Leaving that there for now.

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 06:53 PM
I said I think I know Edwin COM

Am I allowed to tell the group of who I 'think' of anybody's COM?
Or is it illegal to tell people who I think they are?

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 06:54 PM
Hello good people. What an interesting adventure this will be!

the interesting set me off

<3

he's also active lurking.

exactly

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
Sand, I won't vouch for you if you don't help us. Your reads were really weak and right now we will need for a replacement someone who can play or at least solve riddles. Sure, you might end up with scums and weaken them, but I won't take this chance. Contribute man and you will be rewarded;)

Btw, the fact that we have "Sand" here may have something in common with the desert:P

Also, we should brainstorm. You know it works? You tell every stupid thought you have! That way maybe someone else will be inspired by you.

"I" came to be - We have a "be" and add "i" to it, we end up with "bei"

I was transferred, and disappeared. - We change "i" to different letter, like "g". We end up with "beg".

There was a plea, that left you cold. - Answer "begging".

I don't think this is correct, but I think this riddle has a great chance of being one of those when you have to reinterpret every word.

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 06:56 PM
Those posts don't sit well with me but I don't think they are "slips". You are presuming that the scums knew each other day 1, when they did not. You missed that detail in the thread. So the basis that Safana knew Edwin was town is wrong.

FM Branwen

Leaving that there for now.

crap, association tells are dead to me then

I do not mind seeing anyone on my list dying. aeris is scum though. pressure tomorrow

ty ty <3

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 06:57 PM
That connection you just made, Kivan, is entirely to flimsy and ignores half the riddle itself.

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 06:57 PM
Anyway, I'm off. Glad we have 48h to solve this. Good luck:)

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 06:58 PM
I like your interpret it puzzle differently approach but Minsc is right that the conclusion is off.

I'm thinking cold can be either emotionally cold or physically cold.

I cannot get over that first sentence. I'm stuck on Prophecy but Prophecies don't disappear when transferred.

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 06:59 PM
That connection you just made, Kivan, is entirely to flimsy and ignores half the riddle itself.

It wasn't meant to be proper answer, I just wanted to show you how else you can interpret it. Sure, we can try to stare at it as a whole and try to figure out the answer but this leads us nowhere so far. And would probably be too easy.

Think about it. See you in some hours.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Anger also keeps popping into my head for some reason.

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Sand, I won't vouch for you if you don't help us. Your reads were really weak and right now we will need for a replacement someone who can play or at least solve riddles. Sure, you might end up with scums and weaken them, but I won't take this chance. Contribute man and you will be rewarded;)

Btw, the fact that we have "Sand" here may have something in common with the desert:P

Also, we should brainstorm. You know it works? You tell every stupid thought you have! That way maybe someone else will be inspired by you.

can you summarize everything you have re. clues and riddles so far? i ignored the riddle chat in day1 and i feel like all of you are nextleveling it up

i did offer my thoughts

PARACHUTE ROOM

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 07:01 PM

He said he think its INcorrect, but he suggest it might be similar format as how he found the word begging. We might have to interpret the riddle in such an odd way as he did to begging is what he is implying

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 07:02 PM
The problem is a starting point. In order to follow the theory of differential interpretation you presented we need something to begin off of and what the riddle accomplishes in tall order is the ability to yield no clue as to where to start.

FM Kivan
August 23rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
The problem is a starting point. In order to follow the theory of differential interpretation you presented we need something to begin off of and what the riddle accomplishes in tall order is the ability to yield no clue as to where to start.

Remember that starting point may be Safana's riddle (assuming that Safana is not a scum and didn't manipulate it).

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
My first choice for volunteer is Alora

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 07:06 PM
For the riddle I got, I just assumed it was some kind of a warning, I am looking at it again

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
Why Alora?

Let's ignore Safana's riddle for now. I'd imagine our riddle could be solved independently and Safana's riddle could just be relevant for the main puzzle. But again, I waiver on this because Safana's discussing a warning and I feel we need a warning in our riddle.

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 07:11 PM
The last two lines are definitely warning to me

Night will betray you
Nobody is safe

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 07:12 PM
for sending a volunteer, i would use it as a second lynch, and so send people who have contributed a fair bit.

sending mazzy, for example, would yield little information since everyone agrees that he is scummy.

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 07:15 PM
FM Alora lurked a lot and got too defensive by a random vote.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 07:26 PM
Ok, I could go along with that. I don't see Alora derailing as much as Branwen though.

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 07:27 PM
for sending a volunteer, i would use it as a second lynch, and so send people who have contributed a fair bit.

sending mazzy, for example, would yield little information since everyone agrees that he is scummy.

This is entirely to retarded for me to comprehend. You want to use people who contribute as walking dead men?

FM Sand
August 23rd, 2013, 07:31 PM
This is entirely to retarded for me to comprehend. You want to use people who contribute as walking dead men?

people who contribute but are scummy.

that's silly but true

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 07:31 PM

He's meaning scummy contributors I'd imagine. Particularly the ones who put no effort into helping or derail but somehow have defenders.

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 08:24 PM
FINALLY got access to a computer. We're dealing with the temple of the god of murder here, so I'm thinking it has something to do with occult sacrifice; specifically, a soul.

I came to be as you were told. (The temple is a religious structure, and religion deals heavily with the soul)
There was a plea, that left you cold. (A person begging for their life, but the attacker was cold to it)
You gave your word, yet as I feared, (A promise of letting them live, but as they feared, it was not kept)
I was transferred, and disappeared. (The person has died, and their soul has disappeared and been transferred)

What do you guys think? I'm not entirely sure as the riddle uses the word "you" a lot, which seems to imply the adventurers, not the cultists..

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 08:37 PM
FINALLY got access to a computer. We're dealing with the temple of the god of murder here, so I'm thinking it has something to do with occult sacrifice; specifically, a soul.

I came to be as you were told. (The temple is a religious structure, and religion deals heavily with the soul)
There was a plea, that left you cold. (A person begging for their life, but the attacker was cold to it)
You gave your word, yet as I feared, (A promise of letting them live, but as they feared, it was not kept)
I was transferred, and disappeared. (The person has died, and their soul has disappeared and been transferred)

What do you guys think? I'm not entirely sure as the riddle uses the word "you" a lot, which seems to imply the adventurers, not the cultists..

No

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 08:43 PM
Well I guess that's one way to shoot an idea down. All righty then! We've established that it's ethereal, and requires two entities. Anybody else care to venture a guess.

Also, random note.... The music selection is "Night on the Plains"... This is very conspicuously akin to Safana's riddle "Night will betray you". Granted, this could just be luck as such a line would be common in riddles that deal with the lord of murder, but I'm not entirely sure if we should just discard it.

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 08:47 PM
My brain hurt

The best Incan come up with (i am 99 percent sure this is wrong) is abortion

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 08:49 PM
I am not sure why the riddle would make a distinction between adventurers and cultists.

I like the effort though.

For those of you who haven't spoken, who should do the puzzle.

How does night betray? That makes me think sunlight or darknes.

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 08:51 PM
Ehhh. Not sure. Kind of fits the first two, but the last two... I still think we should be thinking along the lines of the game and its RP, which is Baldur's Gates and focuses on the revival of Bhaal, which requires his cultists to sacrifice his Bhaalspawn children.

ALSO, I figured out that by counting the number of posts a player has made in day 1, we can determine how active they are in their other puzzle chats; for example, Cernd had 49 posts by the end of day 1, but now has 59, meaning he has 10 posts in his puzzle chat. Not sure how this can be logically applied in a helpful manner, but it's something.

Shar, you're essentially asking us for our reads on people, since if we're not sure of the solution we should send a scummy person, and if we think we have it right we should send a towny person. I'll get to work on them but I might have to end up posting them sometime tomorrow (~ 12 hours from now since I won't be home until 1:00PM)

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 08:51 PM
The man came in the woman, and was told she got a baby

The man plead to keep the baby, but the woman was cold

The woman gave the word but the man feared it

The embryo was transferred then disappeared

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 08:52 PM
Safana, I don't think abortion is right. That's all I care to say given the controversial nature of that subject.

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 08:59 PM
Safana, I don't think abortion is right. That's all I care to say given the controversial nature of that subject.

My brain hurt

The best I can come up with (i am 99 percent sure this is wrong) is abortion

Read please

FM Sarevok
August 23rd, 2013, 09:00 PM
I came to be
as you were told.
There was a plea,
that left you cold.
You gave your word,
yet as I feared,
I was transferred,
and disappeared.

Ah, what am I? God I hate Riddles.

Can the Mysterious Strangers see and post in every puzzle chat?

I think the 'you' in the riddle is someone of importance, like a Leader of some kind.
Perhaps its a bastard child?

The child came, as was told.
The mother dies in childbirth.
The Leader promises the child he will take care of him, but transfers him away.

One of many interpretations. I highly doubt its a bastard child, but we should place any suggestion on the table.

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 09:00 PM
Read please

If you didnt think it was right in the first place why did you continue to mention it.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 09:01 PM
What about lovers?

FM Mazzy
August 23rd, 2013, 09:02 PM
I believe that the
Puzzle, worded differently
Will be our downfall

Wherein the words it
Lies and lies to you it will
My meaningless words

Should not guide you to
Any conclusions because
I feel I am lost

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 09:05 PM
^ AKA you have 0 clue what the riddle is so you're just warning us not to take it too far out of context. <<<< Non-confusing interpretation.

FM Sarevok
August 23rd, 2013, 09:07 PM
What about lovers?

So "I" is a lover, who loved the "you", but the you lied to the lover and betrayed the lover?

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 09:09 PM
Jahiera, why are you defending that? Mazzy please contribute to the riddle guessing or the scum hunting.

That's my thought process Sarevok.

FM Sarevok
August 23rd, 2013, 09:10 PM
This thread is named "The Siren's Gate". I could see the answer being a Siren... maybe a sailor? Who knows...

This is why I hate riddles. I will spout random maybe answers all night. Time to take a break.

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 09:12 PM
Jahiera, why are you defending that? Mazzy please contribute to the riddle guessing or the scum hunting.

That's my thought process Sarevok.

Not defending. Simply stating in non-confusing terms that she was saying that she had no clue about it and she was telling us not to over think it. How is this defending?

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 09:17 PM
Remind me what Sirens are exactly in Greek mythology please.

Explaining what someone meant before they do comes across as defending to me.

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 09:20 PM
I actually just wikipedia'd Sirens lol "In Greek mythology, the Sirens were dangerous and beautiful creatures, portrayed as femme fatales who lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island. Later writers have inferred that the Sirens were anthropophagous, based on Circe's description of them "lolling there in their meadow, round them heaps of corpses rotting away, rags of skin shriveling on their bones."

I was merely re-stating what she herself said, not trying to defend her in advance. I'm moderately offended that you think I would do something so ridiculously stupid as to defend a teammate when there was nothing to defend them from :/

FM Sarevok
August 23rd, 2013, 09:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren
(Permission to post link: [11:19:46 PM] Willem - Slaol: meh, seems legit)

They were dangerous and beautiful creatures, portrayed as femme fatales who lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island.

FM Sarevok
August 23rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
I actually just wikipedia'd Sirens lol "In Greek mythology, the Sirens were dangerous and beautiful creatures, portrayed as femme fatales who lured nearby sailors with their enchanting music and voices to shipwreck on the rocky coast of their island. Later writers have inferred that the Sirens were anthropophagous, based on Circe's description of them "lolling there in their meadow, round them heaps of corpses rotting away, rags of skin shriveling on their bones."

I was merely re-stating what she herself said, not trying to defend her in advance. I'm moderately offended that you think I would do something so ridiculously stupid as to defend a teammate when there was nothing to defend them from :/
O.o Shar-Teel didn't say anything about you guys being teammates.

FM Shar-Teel
Ehhh. Not sure. Kind of fits the first two, but the last two... I still think we should be thinking along the lines of the game and its RP, which is Baldur's Gates and focuses on the revival of Bhaal, which requires his cultists to sacrifice his Bhaalspawn children.

ALSO, I figured out that by counting the number of posts a player has made in day 1, we can determine how active they are in their other puzzle chats; for example, Cernd had 49 posts by the end of day 1, but now has 59, meaning he has 10 posts in his puzzle chat. Not sure how this can be logically applied in a helpful manner, but it's something.

Shar, you're essentially asking us for our reads on people, since if we're not sure of the solution we should send a scummy person, and if we think we have it right we should send a towny person. I'll get to work on them but I might have to end up posting them sometime tomorrow (~ 12 hours from now since I won't be home until 1:00PM)

I totally missed this but yes indeed. I agree with this post.

Jahiera, why is Mazzy a teammate?

FM Sarevok
I totally missed this but yes indeed. I agree with this post.

Jahiera, why is Mazzy a teammate?

I didn't get a new post warning :P xD

FM Jan
August 23rd, 2013, 09:27 PM
I've been working and all I came up with are stupid shit answers like life cycles, creation of the world, and stuff like that. I have no clue as to what this could mean.

Maybe it is the lyrics to some legend that the Sirens are in and they sung the riddle and the answer is like the heroes name or something. Honestly I'm not sure.

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 09:29 PM
I doubt it is Sirens seeing as there is the inclusion of the word disappeared. Unless you offer a more complete explanation than before to defend the point.

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 09:30 PM
*facepalm* Shar implied that I was defending Mazzy, which also implied that both Mazzy and myself were Cultists and I knew Mazzy was my teammate, which implied that my post was me leaping to defend her. Thus my reply of " I'm moderately offended that you think I would do something so ridiculously stupid as to defend a teammate when there was nothing to defend them from :/" also rolled with Shar's initial assumption that I was her teammate and was meant to be taken that, if I were Mazzy's teammate, I would not do something so stupid as to defend her where defense was not needed.

On a side note, I've finished compiling the post counts of all 24 players not in our puzzle chat so we can track their activity:
Cernd 49
Imoen 13
Anomen 39
Haer-Dalis 31
Tiax 4
Yeslick 34
Coran 32
Valygar 16
Montaron 22
Nalia 4
Khalid 6
Skie 34
Quayle 8
Aerie 5
Yoshimo 12
Xzar 5
Keldorn 9
Xan 4
Ajantis 1
Dyanheir 0
Eldoth 0
Garrick 0
Kagain 0
Viconia 1

It's possible those with 0 posts have been replaced and the accounts are no longer in use though, which could be problematic.

Will we be notified of replacements? If so, will we know if an account has been swapped in (Eg, if Sand was to replace Garrick, would he continue being Sand, or would he become Garrick?)

FM Sarevok
August 23rd, 2013, 09:30 PM
Remind me what Sirens are exactly in Greek mythology please.

Anyway, I don't think it fits for Sirens.

I came to be as you were told. - Sailors were warned about Siren's.

There was a plea, that left you cold. - A sing song voice of saddness. (From the wiki article - The Sirens might be called the Muses of the lower world, Walter Copland Perry observed: "Their song, though irresistibly sweet, was no less sad than sweet, and lapped both body and soul in a fatal lethargy, the forerunner of death and corruption.")

You gave your word, yet as I feared, - The Sailor said they loved the Siren. The Siren, having heard that a lot before, had a fear he was lying.

I was transferred, and disappeared. - This is the only part that doesn't fit >.< Sirens wouldn't transfer nor disappear T.T Well that sucked.

FM Sarevok
August 23rd, 2013, 09:32 PM
Well, lovers is the one that makes the most sense to me right now.

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 09:32 PM
Well, lovers is the one that makes the most sense to me right now.

Explain and re-define. "Lovers" by itself does not seem enough.

FM Sarevok
August 23rd, 2013, 09:33 PM
*facepalm* Shar implied that I was defending Mazzy, which also implied that both Mazzy and myself were Cultists and I knew Mazzy was my teammate, which implied that my post was me leaping to defend her. Thus my reply of " I'm moderately offended that you think I would do something so ridiculously stupid as to defend a teammate when there was nothing to defend them from :/" also rolled with Shar's initial assumption that I was her teammate and was meant to be taken that, if I were Mazzy's teammate, I would not do something so stupid as to defend her where defense was not needed.

Well that makes sense. I looked at it from the wrong PoV.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 09:34 PM
What is transferred and disappears? Light energy?

No. I have accused people of defending you added teammate.

Explaining lovers in its own post.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
Lovers

I came to be as you were told. [warned of a bad lover]
Plea made you cold [caught bad lover]
gave your word as I feared [earned trust and broke it]
Transferred and disappeared [found someone else]

FM Sarevok
August 23rd, 2013, 09:39 PM
Lovers

But we are trying to find out who the I is. The first sentence refers to I as a bad lover/consort. The third sentence refers to "I" as a betrayed lover.

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 09:39 PM
Lovers

Perhaps:
I came to be as you were told. [For-told Bad Lover]
Plea made you cold [Bad Lover]
gave your word as I feared [Bad Lover pledge honesty but lied]
Transferred and disappeared [Bad Lover moved on.]

Would be a better spin

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 09:41 PM
That is better. At least we have a possible solution now so the target won't automatically die.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 09:42 PM
If we get this, we're that much closer to the main riddle so if it sucks let me know.

FM Sarevok
August 23rd, 2013, 09:42 PM
What is transferred and disappears? Light energy?

No. I have accused people of defending you added teammate.

Explaining lovers in its own post.

Not to ruin our good charisma, but I don't think it was a slip... Jaheria posted from the PoV of a Cultist to prove that buddying with Mazzy would be suicide, so if Jaheria was a cultist, why would he/she defend Mazzy?

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 09:43 PM
It wont, excuse me,... it shouldn't be that simple.

FM Jaheira
That doesn't make sense though.

I came to be
as you were told. (Fits like Shar says; bad lover turned out to be bad. I = bad lover and you = other lover)

There was a plea,
that left you cold. (Again fits; bad lover pleads for another chance, leaving the other emotionally cold)

You gave your word,
yet as I feared,
I was transferred,
and disappeared. (This is where it kind of falls apart. YOU(other lover) gave YOUR word, yet as I(bad lover) feared, I was transferred and disappeared)

It's better than any of the others, but those last 4 lines need to be reconciled before I'm okay with using it as our solution. Last 4 lines could be the other lover finding someone else leaving the bad lover to transfer (leave town) and disappear.

FM Safana
The problems with Lovers is 'I came to be'

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 09:46 PM
"I came to be as you were told" Makes perfect sense; people always warn their friends "That person's no good, don't get involved with them" but they do it anyway, leaving the cold talked about in line 4.

I really don't like line 5/6 ("You gave your word, yet as I feared") since it doesn't fit with the lover analogy..

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 09:47 PM
Meh, I'm bad at riddles lol

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 09:48 PM
Ok. Well we'll keep it if there's nothing else.

What disappears when transferred? That's the hardest.

You would fear something if you were prewarned of it. 5/6 work.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 09:49 PM
Not to ruin our good charisma, but I don't think it was a slip... Jaheria posted from the PoV of a Cultist to prove that buddying with Mazzy would be suicide, so if Jaheria was a cultist, why would he/she defend Mazzy?

Point taken. It cannot be whiteknighting.

I don't like it and I will watch for it later.

Never worry about disagreeing with me.

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 09:49 PM
I think bad love would work; the first half of the riddle refers to the one bad lover and their perspective, the second half to the other faithful lover. Only thing I'm worried about with this answer is the possibility of us bending fact to suit theory rather than theory to suit fact.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 09:52 PM
Meh, I'm bad at riddles lol

This is hard because we cannot use google lol.

Jahiera, it is not perfect but it is a start.

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 09:53 PM
I think bad love would work; the first half of the riddle refers to the one bad lover and their perspective, the second half to the other faithful lover. Only thing I'm worried about with this answer is the possibility of us bending fact to suit theory rather than theory to suit fact.

Application with continuous effort.

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 09:54 PM
Application with continuous effort.

Are you implying this is good or bad?

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 09:57 PM
Are you implying this is good or bad?

Yes

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 10:02 PM
Sarevok, that was unclear.

FM Safana
August 23rd, 2013, 10:03 PM
I really like the Secret for the answer

I came to be as you were told. [Told a message, becomes a secret]
There was a plea that left you cold. [Secret is scary/dangerous e.g. suicide]
You gave your word, yet as I feared, [Promised not to tell, but]
I was transferred and disappeared. [Told in e.g. maybe because of not want to suicide]

FM Sarevok
August 23rd, 2013, 10:04 PM
Sarevok, that was unclear.

What was unclear T.T

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 10:05 PM
:/ You seem bent on confusing the crap out of me this game... Anyway, I fixed up my little activity monitor:
The 24 players not in our night chat with post count as of end of day 1:

Aerie 5
Ajantis 1
Anomen 39
Cernd 49
Coran 32
Dyanheir 0
Eldoth 0
Garrick 0
Haer-Dalis 31
Imoen 13
Keldorn 9
Khalid 6
Korgan 20
Montaron 22
Nalia 4
Quayle 8
Skie 34
Tiax 4
Valygar 16
Viconia 1
Xan 4
Xzar 5
Yeslick 34
Yoshimo 12

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/22480-Day-1-Prejudice/page16 (Profiles, listed in same order. Use to determine how many times they've posted in their puzzle chats.)
Again, I'm not sure if this is even remotely useful, but I'm dead-tired atm and can't think of any good ways other than determining who to target with night abilities based on activity.

Also, if you go to http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/261-The-Abode-of-the-Puzzler you can see at the bottom "X users browsing this forum" I believe this includes all players in all night chats, so we can tell exactly how many people besides us are on and discussing things. Again, not sure if this is even remotely helpful, but it could be.

Second also: We have several hardcore lurkers/scummy players in our chat (Alora Faldorn Branwen Jan Mazzy Kagain )

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 10:07 PM
That was an error. Minsc was unclear. You were fine.

Safana, I think secret fails on part 2 but we'll keep it if there is nothing better.

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Secret could be an answer. They only come into being when someone is told it, which fits line 1.

There was a plea that left you cold (someone begging for the secret not to be let out)
You gave your word, yet as I feared, (You (the secret-bearer) promised not to let the secret out, but)
I was transferred and disappeared. (Secrets are no longer secrets if they're known to many people, which could cause it to disappear(?))

Last line could use some thought, since a secret doesn't disappear just cause it's told (unless maybe in the case of a dirty secret, then the weight of the secret is lifted) but it's 1:10 where I am and I need to get up tomorrow, so good night everyone. I'll probably stalk the thread via tablet and maybe make another post or two since I'm pretty insomiac...y?

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 10:14 PM
That was an error. Minsc was unclear. You were fine.

Safana, I think secret fails on part 2 but we'll keep it if there is nothing better.

I was quite clear. Very off-putting to assume otherwise.

The explanation is that in order to solve the puzzle we have to fit fact to theory until the opposite becomes true. which is both a good and bad thing.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Ok. You have clarified. Any question where someone replies yes to a not yes no question will be unclear to me.

FM Minsc
August 23rd, 2013, 10:20 PM
Ok. You have clarified. Any question where someone replies yes to a not yes no question will be unclear to me.

A pointless conversation to continue considering the fatalist riddle before us.

I can see Secret being valid, yet for the same reason Trust can be applied, if i read correctly. Which detracts from them both.

FM Alora
August 23rd, 2013, 10:21 PM
Secret could be an answer. They only come into being when someone is told it, which fits line 1.

There was a plea that left you cold (someone begging for the secret not to be let out)
You gave your word, yet as I feared, (You (the secret-bearer) promised not to let the secret out, but)
I was transferred and disappeared. (Secrets are no longer secrets if they're known to many people, which could cause it to disappear(?))

Last line could use some thought, since a secret doesn't disappear just cause it's told (unless maybe in the case of a dirty secret, then the weight of the secret is lifted) but it's 1:10 where I am and I need to get up tomorrow, so good night everyone. I'll probably stalk the thread via tablet and maybe make another post or two since I'm pretty insomiac...y?

Secret may be it, but I don't know about "There was a plea that left you cold". It hints maybe at more of a specific request, then a simple secret I believe.

FM Jaheira
August 23rd, 2013, 10:23 PM
As a note, I'm liking lovers as the answer even more since sirens(name of our chat) made people fall in love with them using their beauty and voices, then betrayed them by luring them to steer their ships towards them and run aground on rocks, like a bad relationship.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Welcome Alora. Do you have a theory? Any idea on who we should send for the puzzle?

FM Alora
August 23rd, 2013, 10:35 PM
Any idea on who to send to do the puzzle? I am not to sure as of yet, as for the riddle, I came to be
as you were told.
There was a plea,
that left you cold.
You gave your word,
yet as I feared,
I was transferred,
and disappeared.

I am thinking maybe a word maybe for a scary story, a legend maybe or a warning. You gave your word may be the literal way an individual will tell a story, and transferred meaning how it is shared among people. Plea that left you cold brings the idea that it has to do with something specific to terror or fear.

FM Alora
August 23rd, 2013, 10:36 PM
It could also do with something that is shared amongst people. It could be secret, but it could also be a physical item or thing as well.

FM Alora
August 23rd, 2013, 10:41 PM
I would also like to say that during the day, I cant find to much seriously suspicious action, but maybe a lot of people are being quite. I am going to try to go through the logs and see who was not participating to much, as I believe it would be advantageous for scum to keep discussion to a minimum, for example, the cult of bhaal,or even bhall spawn if they can sit things out well enough, they can win quite easily.

FM Shar-Teel
August 23rd, 2013, 10:44 PM
I'm out. It's late. Bye.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 04:13 AM
1) Let's not discuss volunteers until final 12 hours of the day. Sending volunteers will depend mostly on what we will have.

2) Brainstorm ffs! Even if you are bad at riddles, you should try!

3) Minsc seems scummy to me. All he does is shooting down ideas, but doesn't contribute on his own.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 04:48 AM
I'm still trying my way.

I came to be ("I" to "B" = IB)
as you were told.
There was a plea, ("plea")
that left you cold. ("synonym to cold is "bleak", "plea" and "bleak" have one common part - LEA)
You gave your word, (BLAIE)
yet as I feared,
I was transferred, (change I to something else)
and disappeared.

And I came up with BLADE.

I still don't like this answer, but I think I may be on the right track.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 04:54 AM
If someone want to try my way, here's some other possible interpretations.

I came to be [B or BE]
as you were told. [you = U?]
There was a plea,
that left you cold. [I have no other ideas here]
You gave your word, [YOUR - YOU = R?]
yet as I feared,
I was transferred, [Some other change to the word]
and disappeared.

FM Branwen
August 24th, 2013, 04:56 AM
I think a secret is a wonderful answer, outside of the "cold" part. I guess it depends on the secret.

As for volunteers, since I may not be available in time to suggest: It should be Edwin...no no wait...he was the cleric that was lynched d1...

Yes, I am being sarcastic. No, I do not want to be the person that attempts to solve it. Please remember what happened to Edwin and who tried to deflect on to mazzy!!!

If anyone it should be Shar-teel, who I feel wont be alive tomorrow regardless. I have a feeling that we will only receive her last will (and the puzzle prize should be inside).

FM Branwen
August 24th, 2013, 04:59 AM
To be honest, for some reason, it makes me chuckle to think of all the people who could have been the lynch day 1, it was the guy who's only ability was to heal people and keep them safe. Does anyone else see the irony?

FM Branwen
August 24th, 2013, 05:01 AM
Besides the fact, that if you DO make me solve this puzzle, and I succeed, you will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 05:01 AM
bleak1 [bleek] Show IPA
adjective, bleak·er, bleak·est.
bare, desolate, and often windswept: a bleak plain.
cold and piercing; raw: a bleak wind.
without hope or encouragement; depressing; dreary: a bleak future.

None are the living, never there water, huh? "Bleak" really fits the desert. I don't know if I'm pushing it BUT AT LEAST I AM TRYING! You know who you are, non-contributors.

FM Jaheira
August 24th, 2013, 05:09 AM
If anyone it should be Shar-teel, who I feel wont be alive tomorrow regardless. I have a feeling that we will only receive her last will (and the puzzle prize should be inside).

Besides the fact, that if you DO make me solve this puzzle, and I succeed, you will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers.

These are INCREDIBLY scummy things to say, Branwen. If we send Shar and she dies, we lose the clue until a Coroner checks her body and reveals themselves, which screws over a TPR. Second statement is also very, very anti-Town. If you're trying to make yourself the #1 target for any Vigilantes in our chat, you are doing a very, very good job.

None are the living, never there water, huh? "Bleak" really fits the desert. I don't know if I'm pushing it BUT AT LEAST I AM TRYING! You know who you are, non-contributors.
Gonna look at this in a bit. Just woke up so I'm not working at full capacity yet.

FM Branwen
August 24th, 2013, 05:10 AM
:/ You seem bent on confusing the crap out of me this game... Anyway, I fixed up my little activity monitor:
The 24 players not in our night chat with post count as of end of day 1:

Aerie 5
Ajantis 1
Anomen 39
Cernd 49
Coran 32
Dyanheir 0
Eldoth 0
Garrick 0
Haer-Dalis 31
Imoen 13
Keldorn 9
Khalid 6
Korgan 20
Montaron 22
Nalia 4
Quayle 8
Skie 34
Tiax 4
Valygar 16
Viconia 1
Xan 4
Xzar 5
Yeslick 34
Yoshimo 12

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/22480-Day-1-Prejudice/page16 (Profiles, listed in same order. Use to determine how many times they've posted in their puzzle chats.)
Again, I'm not sure if this is even remotely useful, but I'm dead-tired atm and can't think of any good ways other than determining who to target with night abilities based on activity.

Also, if you go to http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/261-The-Abode-of-the-Puzzler you can see at the bottom "X users browsing this forum" I believe this includes all players in all night chats, so we can tell exactly how many people besides us are on and discussing things. Again, not sure if this is even remotely helpful, but it could be.

Second also: We have several hardcore lurkers/scummy players in our chat (Alora Faldorn Branwen Jan Mazzy Kagain )

Or I would suggest Jaheria, since he still labels me under scummy after the day's fiasco.

FM Branwen
August 24th, 2013, 05:13 AM
I am just not amused at you and others making out to be "scummy", and definitely not enthused at the idea of dying because of this. We all have our goals, sometimes that works in our own favors, sometimes mutual. I have no problems brokering a truce with you though, if you get off my back for at least a few days.

But sending me off with a chance of death, and surviving with a piece of the puzzle: that's going to cost you.

FM Jaheira
August 24th, 2013, 05:29 AM
I find you scummy Branwen because of your interactions with others on day 1; you were vague, sarcastic (in a bad way), made veiled threats, didn't contribute except to defend Edwin in very vague ways (You said you thought he was innocent but never expounded on it)... I would like your explanation of these things before I change my mind about your scumminess or lack thereof.

Specifically, I would like to ask about this post: http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/22480-Day-1-Prejudice?p=364704#post364704
More specifically, explain the first line please.

FM Jaheira
August 24th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Also Branwen, if you're a neutral, just claim. You've dropped hints all day long and have expressed opinions from a very neutral PoV.

I need to go for ~4-5 hours. *Terminator voice: on" I'LL BE BACK.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Branwen, if you want town points, help us solving it.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 05:53 AM
"Careful not to choose the wrong word for an answer"...This confirms our suspicion that we need only one word.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Can we just send Branwen already? I am worried about Avenger but she will seriously derail anything.

That being said, if you are the thief, just claim it. I doubt so much given you reluctance to solve the puzzle.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Can we just send Branwen already? I am worried about Avenger but she will seriously derail anything.

Why? We have over 30h left and we aren't even close to solving the riddle. It makes no sense to choose Branwen now, we should focus on the riddle first.

Another possible interpretation: "I" in the riddle may refer to the Sirin who is giving us the riddle. Perhaps some kind of analogy to Little Mermaid, who was turn into the foam and vanished. I still prefer my way:P

FM Ferengi
August 24th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Am I allowed to tell the group of who I 'think' of anybody's COM?
Or is it illegal to tell people who I think they are?
Rules are that way ->

Can the Mysterious Strangers see and post in every puzzle chat?
They were appointed, just like you were.

Will we be notified of replacements? If so, will we know if an account has been swapped in (Eg, if Sand was to replace Garrick, would he continue being Sand, or would he become Garrick?)
You will not be notified of replacements.

Replacements would be given one of the day accounts and lose access to their replacement account.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 06:34 AM
What if we are looking for a character? Looking through the wiki, Mellisan fits I think.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Answer may be lore-related, but to solve it no BG knowledge will be required. It's just common sense.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 06:47 AM
I'm still trying my way.

I came to be ("I" to "B" = IB)
as you were told.
There was a plea, ("plea")
that left you cold. ("synonym to cold is "bleak", "plea" and "bleak" have one common part - LEA)
You gave your word, (BLAIE)
yet as I feared,
I was transferred, (change I to something else)
and disappeared.

And I came up with BLADE.

I still don't like this answer, but I think I may be on the right track.

Hmm, maybe better answer would be BLAZE. It's very fragile thing, it can also be a "sudden outburst, as of emotion".

I'm not sure what to do with potential Plea-bleak part, it seems forced. But trying to solve this riddle in a most obvious way seems like a dead end.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Answer may be lore-related, but to solve it no BG knowledge will be required. It's just common sense.

Assumptions are bad.

Can the answer be Baldur's Gate related?

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 07:02 AM
I am thinking that "I" in the riddle is Bhaal.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Assumptions are bad.

Can the answer be Baldur's Gate related?

I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that no knowledge of BG will be required to solve the riddle. The answer may be anything, including BG lore.

Also, I have to say - as someone who played both games multiple times I don't see any lore solution in here. The closest thing I had is "geas", but even this doesn't fit.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 07:06 AM
What is a geas?

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Geas is the curse of obedience. Person bound by geas has to follow order of another person or he will die. It's not total mind control because person has a free will, it's more like a magical blackmail. Do this or die.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 07:17 AM
If we treat this riddle as it is, with no hidden meanings under it, "secret" makes more sense than any other given answer.

I came to be as you were told. (I was created when someone told you about it)
There was a plea, that left you cold. (I don't anybody came with a decent answer for this line, but usually when someone tells you a secret he asks you to keep it for yourself)
You gave your word, yet as I feared, (We agreed to keep it but...)
I was transferred, and disappeared. (When you tell someone about the secret, it's no longer a secret)

The only thing I don't like about it - it seems way too easy. I mean we had this answer in first 30 minutes of the night. I'm pretty sure we have to go deeper.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 07:33 AM
I am not liking secret but it's as good as my lovers solution. Branwen is here, so she'll b able to choose.

On a side note, I think it's good if I play the game. Any tips?

Geas isn't going to work.

FM Sand
August 24th, 2013, 08:05 AM
The only thing I don't like about it - it seems way too easy. I mean we had this answer in first 30 minutes of the night. I'm pretty sure we have to go deeper.

My gut says that 'secret' is probably right, if were talking about a split between lovers <3 and secret

first answer is usually right, first riddle should be fairly easy and not too difficult

FM Sand
August 24th, 2013, 08:18 AM
tips from a reserve

please make fm aerie die. she is under the radar currently and she's exactly the same as mazzy.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 08:25 AM
If we don't come up with anything better by 24 hours before the deadline, we'll send someone scumy with secret.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 08:26 AM
We can then use the rest of the time to scumhunt.

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Geas is the curse of obedience. Person bound by geas has to follow order of another person or he will die. It's not total mind control because person has a free will, it's more like a magical blackmail. Do this or die.

Thats not how you spell it. Its Geass.

Watch Code Geass please, since it is total mind control >.>

-Propose Solution Secret

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 08:31 AM
We can change it if we think its something different.

FM Ferengi
August 24th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Thats not how you spell it. Its Geass.

Watch Code Geass please, since it is total mind control >.>

Anime is usually wrong.

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Anime is usually wrong.

But its fun to watch. :D

FM Safana
August 24th, 2013, 09:03 AM
So we are satisfied with the answer 'secret'?

Im going to post reads of everyone who is in this group(not counting reserves) and it may take few hours because I am extremely busy

Everyone should do the same

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 09:11 AM
On a side note, I think it's good if I play the game. Any tips?

I'm not a fan of RPG but Baldur's gate rocks. It really is a big title, graphics are obviously little bit on a poor side, but it's colorful and wonderful. I love this, perhaps because of nostalgia, but you should definitely try it!

Also, don't rush towards solution! I think we should wait until 12 hours before the end of the night. Remember, there will always be one person who will have to propose a solution, so it's not like we will end up with nothing.

For now: focus on the riddler. What do you think of my way of looking at it?

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 09:14 AM
I'm satisfied enough. I don't have anything better than Secret. If I don't come up with anything better in 8 hours, that will be our answer.

I agree with the posting of reads. I have minimal concerns of the Prophet using this to cult but those are outweighed by the scumhunting potential IMO.

I think your way is interesting Kivan. I'm not too much of a codebreaker though so I struggle to use it effectively.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Oh, I haven't realized it's an idiom:

leave someone cold = to leave someone unaffected or bored.

Yes, Secret now makes sense.

"I told you something and I asked you to keep it a secret, but you ignored my request. You decided to tell it to someone else and now my secret is gone."

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 09:21 AM
I've been saying that for awhile that cold could mean dispassionate. I must not have been clear.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 09:22 AM
I think we should go with Secret today, and if we are wrong hopefully next group will think of something better. Since we are 90% sure of this answer we should go with someone trustworthy and have a Medic on him. Or Illusionist. Or Diviner.

I'll post my readings of this group soon. Can we share what we've found out during puzzle chat in our LWs?

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I've been saying that for awhile that cold could mean dispassionate. I must not have been clear.

Well, I meant entire phrase "to leave someone cold":P

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 09:25 AM
I got 10 minutes before I have to go. Since we think its Secret, we should let someone pro-town take the clue:
FM Safana
FM Sarevok
FM Minsc
FM Shar-Teel
FM Kivan
FM Jaheira

FM Safana
August 24th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Ill volunteer, my role is expendable

FM Safana
August 24th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Only if you want protown to go volunteer, Ill retract if you want scummy players to go

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I'm not so sure it is Secret, but since the group is, I'll change my vote to the volunteer.

FM Safana

FM Sand
August 24th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I have all of my reads stored in my notes

Ill gives the cliff notes later

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 09:41 AM
I have all of my reads stored in my notes

Ill gives the cliff notes later

If you give your full notes we can vouch for you <3

I'm not sure thats going to work >.> xD

FM Safana
Oh God good luck

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Well we do have another 31 hours, so we should still try to think about the riddle.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I'd be ok more ok with Shar-Teel or Sarevok, Safana was a little bit too scummy so far. I don't think she made any meaningful post during the day.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I won't volunteer with Secret being the answer. I don't care for it enough.

FM Sand
August 24th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I would like sarevok myself

fourth scummiest in my notes

FM Safana
August 24th, 2013, 09:45 AM
FM Safana

Well, Ill be putting all of my reads in my lw just in case, Ill be also putting the riddles and the solutions we came up with

I will post my most of my reads soon, we have about 32 hours

For now I gtg

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 09:46 AM

Do you mind posting your full notes on me, then?

FM Sand
August 24th, 2013, 09:47 AM
yes, i will soon

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I'd be ok more ok with Shar-Teel or Sarevok, Safana was a little bit too scummy so far. I don't think she made any meaningful post during the day.

I'm too afraid of Secret being the wrong answer T.T, I also don't want to vote up Shar-Teel or Minsc because I don't want to lose someone who I am sure is town.

FM Sarevok
yes, i will soon

Awesome

FM Shar-Teel
Will you count Safana's vote as a self-vote?

Yeah, I don't see Sarevok as scummy. You mentioned that in your first post, but I thought you'd either state what you found as scummy or let it go. It seems like you've done neither. I'd like to see if there's something I've missed.

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 09:53 AM

Also we think the answer is Secret, so why would we vote up someone who is scummy? >.<

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Guys, don't you think during Day chat we should have one more riddle? I'm pretty sure someone received a riddle and didn't come clean with it. It's none in this group since our group had Safana. Another group probably has Yoshimo. Third group hides the traitor who didn't reveal his or her clue.

Yoshimo is in game a single class Thief.
Safana is in game a single class Thief.

Other pure Thiefs are: Alora (she's with us though), Imoen (only in BG1, in BG2 she is Thief/Wizard), Skie. If Skie is in the group without Yoshimo PAY ATTENTION TO HER! She probably received a clue.

You can also take a look on dual class Thieves: Coran, Montaron, Tiax, Nalia, Jan (he's with us though).

FM Jan
August 24th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Secret... I don't like it as an answer, but I'm having a difficult time coming up with something better...

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Gosh, I love Baldur's Gate music. Giving these reads while night on the planes is playing.

Assuming we have correct answer I've arranged you according to the "volunteer" order.

FM Shar-Teel - Solid Townie, contributed a lot tonight. Since Secret doesn't look bad as possible answer I'd like to send her to try the puzzle (although with such low constitution she may be completely obliterated by trap).

FM Minsc - Solid posts during the day, solid posts during the night. I don't like how he denied every proposed solutions instead of searching for alternative route. Still, I trust him.

FM Sarevok - Good reads during the Day, but his solutions to this riddle were...well...not so good. Bastard child, seriously? Anyway, he smells Townie.

FM Safana - She is my scum suspect because during the day she didn't post anything meaningful. She contributed now, so maybe it's just the way she is... Town points for volunteering.

FM Kivan - I'm too afraid to try it, sorry:D

FM Jaheira - Something is really fishy about her, but I can't put a finger on it. I don't trust her.

FM Faldorn - Was she even here?

FM Alora - She tried to contribute something, it was little bit better than during the day.

FM Jan - Appeared only to post few words. And that's all.

FM Kagain - I know Dwarves aren't too social, but this is pathetic.

FM Mazzy - Great, we have another haiku! Now everything will be all right!

FM Branwen - Basically claimed neutral and said that she won't solve it so we can f*** ourselves.

FM Sand
August 24th, 2013, 10:26 AM
"This will be interesting!"

classic newbscum phrase, because the word interesting is noncommital. its the same as people who say "this night was very interesting"

no pls

"That's how you do it, right?"

wants approval. town doesnt want approval. scum does.

"Going to push on this"

lol look at what pro town actions i'm doing!

he's posting a lot but if you actually read his posts he's not doing anything remotely of analysis

I think people are remembering he posted a lot and posting a lot = town, but look deeper

[OLSBJI

ciao

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 10:33 AM
"This will be interesting!"

classic newbscum phrase, because the word interesting is noncommital. its the same as people who say "this night was very interesting"

no pls

"That's how you do it, right?"

wants approval. town doesnt want approval. scum does.

"Going to push on this"

lol look at what pro town actions i'm doing!

he's posting a lot but if you actually read his posts he's not doing anything remotely of analysis

I think people are remembering he posted a lot and posting a lot = town, but look deeper

[OLSBJI

ciao
Those are your notes O.o My first few posts where all I was doing was trolling O.o

Um okay.

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Boo! Prolonged day looking after my pants, I have arrived late, but I am here.

I will now read, and say what I think.

But I find it curious that Jaheira is here with me...

Forum Mafia GM
August 24th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Will you count Safana's vote as a self-vote?

Self votes will be used as tie breakers.

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Gosh, I love Baldur's Gate music. Giving these reads while night on the planes is playing.

Assuming we have correct answer I've arranged you according to the "volunteer" order.

FM Shar-Teel - Solid Townie, contributed a lot tonight. Since Secret doesn't look bad as possible answer I'd like to send her to try the puzzle (although with such low constitution she may be completely obliterated by trap).

FM Minsc - Solid posts during the day, solid posts during the night. I don't like how he denied every proposed solutions instead of searching for alternative route. Still, I trust him.

FM Sarevok - Good reads during the Day, but his solutions to this riddle were...well...not so good. Bastard child, seriously? Anyway, he smells Townie.

FM Safana - She is my scum suspect because during the day she didn't post anything meaningful. She contributed now, so maybe it's just the way she is... Town points for volunteering.

FM Kivan - I'm too afraid to try it, sorry:D

FM Jaheira - Something is really fishy about her, but I can't put a finger on it. I don't trust her.

FM Faldorn - Was she even here?

FM Alora - She tried to contribute something, it was little bit better than during the day.

FM Jan - Appeared only to post few words. And that's all.

FM Kagain - I know Dwarves aren't too social, but this is pathetic.

FM Mazzy - Great, we have another haiku! Now everything will be all right!

FM Branwen - Basically claimed neutral and said that she won't solve it so we can f*** ourselves.
Your reads are best.

This is about how I would place everyone... I would probably switch Faldorn with Jan, since I found Faldorn to be scummier than Jan, and at least Jan is here. However I also think Jan is as scummy as Alora... hmmm

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Boo! Prolonged day looking after my pants, I have arrived late, but I am here.

I will now read, and say what I think.

Lol nvm welcome aboard.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Sand, he's doing plenty of analysis. Look at his reads list. I think you just have the game totally wrong, so I cannot vouch for you here.

I like Kivan's reads but he should put me next to himself with "Secret" as the solution. I have no problem volunteering when I'm confident in the solution. I am not. If the group votes me, that's what I will submit.

Minsc and Sarevok would be my top two if we know the solution.

Safana would be fine, and I'd like to know more about her alignment. Possible thief there.

Jahiera I think is town but misunderstood frequently. She's ganged up on a lot. She should be checked because I think scum might want to push that. If they do, midway through the train, the Harper Agent can say she's innocent (supposing I am right) and we've caught the scums pushing a bad train. If I am wrong, then we can just lynch Jahiera.

Faldorn is likely to be replaced.

Alora really needs to talk more. If Alora continues lurking, I'll consider her scum, most likely Bhaalspawn.

Jan same category as Alora, needs to post more.

Kagain likely to be replaced

Mazzy needs to post more but strong scum lean based on what she did post

Branwen is pretty avenger looking to me.

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I will not get replaced! That is very mean of you!

I also dislike the answer secret... something seems wrong about it.

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Why does FM Sand, want me do die?

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I will not get replaced! That is very mean of you!

I also dislike the answer secret... something seems wrong about it.

Well we got lots of time to change it.. what strikes you as off?

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Why does FM Sand, want me do die?

I have you marked as scum too. Its your posts on Day Zero.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Day Zero?

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 11:05 AM
I have you marked as scum too. Its your posts on Day Zero.

The post where I enjoy some RP.
Or where I post bad reads, because I'm not as great and mighty as you!
That I wanted Edwin dead, like everyone else, but I was the only person it seems to be labelled as scum for doing so?

The fact I only had 1% of relevance and 3 posts worth anything?

Pretty sure everyone's wonderful relevance posts, readings and so on, ended the day with Edwin being lynched.
And everything that Edwin did, was turned against him.

One you have labelled someone as scum, everyone tried to find the smallest reason to add to the list.

FM Kivan
August 24th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I propose waiting with the answer for next ~18 hours. With 12 hours of Night left we will have enough time to determine the volunteer.

Also, we should not relax, but try to think of another way to solve it. This goes especially for lurking players.

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Sounds like leaving my old lady at the care home.

I came to be
as you were told. (Going old, losing mind)
There was a plea,
that left you cold. (Whilst I was leaveing, she was at the windoing mouthing the words "Wait for me" :( )
You gave your word,
yet as I feared, (I'll visit and you will come home soon)
I was transferred,
and disappeared. (She has to stay there.)

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I propose waiting with the answer for next ~18 hours. With 12 hours of Night left we will have enough time to determine the volunteer.

Also, we should not relax, but try to think of another way to solve it. This goes especially for lurking players.

I agree with this, don't rush in, there is time, and we can spend it wisly.

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Perhaps giving your own child up for adoption?

I came to be
as you were told. (Preggers)
There was a plea,
that left you cold. (Dont leave me eyes from baby)
You gave your word,
yet as I feared, (Ill never leave you)
I was transferred,
and disappeared. (byebye to new family)

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Kivan I'm thinking based on d20 experience as a kid and reading I have 6 slots

Fighter duals to Cleric, Hammers/Maces
Thief duals to Fighter, Long Swords/Axes
Paladin, Two handed
Fighter duals to Wizard, Fancy weapons, dual wield
Pure Wizard/Sorcerer/WildMage, boring whatever's left
NPC spot

-----------

Along those lines a general could be giving orders to his soldiers.

I don't like adoption though. A baby is incapable of understanding the promise. A baby's plea leaving the mother cold would not likely result in a promise. I like the unique contribution though.

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Mentally yes, but not emotionally, there is the mother/baby bond

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 11:23 AM

If the mother is cold, no bond exists. It's something to keep in mind but I like Secret better.

FM Minsc
August 24th, 2013, 11:23 AM

The riddle has nothing to do with motherhood or babies.

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Which is the same bond I have with the forest! I love the forest, the forest loves me. The forest gives me everything I need to live, it feeds me when I'm hungry.

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Bhaal had a lot of children, and I know some of them became adopted.

FM Minsc
August 24th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Bhaal had a lot of children, and I know some of them became adopted.

FM Faldorn

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Vote me? Why?

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Minsc, what did you do with Boo? :(

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I'm not a fan of naked votes. Faldorn was starting to make memorable (although wrong) contributions. I see you were probably reacting to her behavior. I'd go along with it but I think we have bigger fish to fry.

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 11:30 AM
I am not a fish.

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I dislike secret, because it seems to... easy :/ and quite vague.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 12:03 PM
What do you think of Safana Faldorn?

FM Jan
August 24th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Branwen: I would call for him to be lynched tomorrow if I didn't think he was a Bhaalspawn and unable to be lynched. His posts seem to neutral oriented and if he is a Neutral instead of a Bhaalspawn then he is likely lunatic/avenger. I would recommend a Vig shoots him after the Sanctum is open.

Kagain: Who the fuck is this?

Mazzy: Due to the fact that I doubt Branwen can be lynched, this is the person I would like to.

Faldorn: Seems to be contributing more to the puzzle hunting than the day. He doesn't like Secret and is trying to come up with replacements for it, yet none seem substantial. Has lots of RP posts which pull the wrong string.

Jaheira: I'm not sure about him. I honestly think he is a lay low PR.

Shar-Teel: Seems relatively pro-town. Gave reads and helped with the puzzle.

Safana: I am interested as to that clue she gave earlier. Perhaps she is so willing to volunteer due to the fact she is a thief and wants the clue. I would typically give a neutral their win, but I want to prevent the Cult from ever having three kills in a night. I'm reluctant to send him.

Minsc: I like him as a townie. I would happily send him for the clue if we knew the answer.

Alora: Lurking just as hard as me.

Sarevok: Another person I would happily send for the clue of we knew the answer. Seems pro-town.

Kivan: He seems to be contributing. But he is afraid to die, and this makes me think he is a PR of some alignment.

FM Jaheira
August 24th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Okay so I'm on a lot later than I thought I would be. My reads:

Branwen: Dislike her behavior; it just screams Neutral to me. She soft-claimed Bounty Hunter all through day 1, and ditched us to solve the riddle by ourselves. Since I think our highest priority in puzzle chats (aside from solving riddles) should be learning who the Thief is, what do you guys think of the possibility that she's Thief hiding herself as some other neutral role by not contributing? Thief's special ability is that they can visit someone and learn all puzzle clues they've learned, so she could be relying on that.

Kagain: Just one thing. DON'T FREAKING SIGN UP FOR A GAME IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA POST FOR >3 DAYS!!!!!

Mazzy: I don't think she's Town, but at the same time I don't know where to place her on the alignment scale. She seems to be trying to claim Bard, but Bard is a Town role (Correct me if wrong on that) and no Town would be as unhelpful as she has been.

Faldorn: Didn't stick out to me in day chat. Been pushing a "tie with the forest" kind of thing which implies Survivor(Druid) but he hasn't confirmed this.

Jaheira: ME! Should I give a read on myself? That might be just a little biased :P

Shar-Teel: Most town-looking person I've seen this game. Good reads, focuses on important things and is as helpful as possible.

Safana: Another Thief candidate. My mind's blank on her atm but I'm gonna come back before night ends (I'm at my brother's house so I don't have time to check her post history)

Minsc: Townish. Again need to check post history but just looking at the puzzle chat I'm not entirely sure of where to place him. Seems to be contributing but I'll have to check to see what exactly he's contributed.

Alora: LURK.

Sarevok: Another Town-looking player. Been contributing all night; I'm more comfortable sending him for the puzzle than Safana.

Kivan: Looks at the puzzle in a different way than anyone else. Not sure of alignment but he's seemed to be quite helpful.

FM Jaheira
August 24th, 2013, 01:02 PM

What do you mean by this?

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 01:11 PM
What do you mean by this?

Me and you, don't get along with each other...

FM Jaheira
August 24th, 2013, 01:30 PM
OH LOL. I totally forgot about that exchange XD Anyway. Who hasn't posted their reads yet? And are we set on Secret as our answer? Do you all still think Safana is the best choice for our volunteer?

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Safana enjoys correcting people smelling mistakes, and seems to be vert interested in events. Yes has a lack of know about, about the sanctrum. (didn't remember what it was about, and claimed that 2/3 rooms are trapped, instead of each room having 66% to kill.)

Wants other people to post opinions before posting an opinion herself.

Wants me to be a Penguin. So thinks I'm a Druid.

Fancies Alora.

Nice riddle, and I like her. Seems townie after all the fun posts :)

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 01:38 PM
If you'd sent me, I doubt I would get converted. Where as Safana would be a nice converstion target.

FM Sand
August 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Sand, he's doing plenty of analysis. Look at his reads list.

i think the only actual real piece of content he produced day 1 was his (incomplete) reads list

i think you're misremembering; actually read his day 1 responses. hes barely scumhunting

one reads list does not make a town make

I think you just have the game totally wrong, so I cannot vouch for you here.

let's all try to get along pls <3

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 02:37 PM
i think the only actual real piece of content he produced day 1 was his (incomplete) reads list

i think you're misremembering; actually read his day 1 responses. hes barely scumhunting

one reads list does not make a town make

let's all try to get along pls <3

Says the person who wants to shoot me :(

FM Branwen
August 24th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Okay so I'm on a lot later than I thought I would be. My reads:

Branwen: Dislike her behavior; it just screams Neutral to me. She soft-claimed Bounty Hunter all through day 1, and ditched us to solve the riddle by ourselves. Since I think our highest priority in puzzle chats (aside from solving riddles) should be learning who the Thief is, what do you guys think of the possibility that she's Thief hiding herself as some other neutral role by not contributing? Thief's special ability is that they can visit someone and learn all puzzle clues they've learned, so she could be relying on that.

Kagain: Just one thing. DON'T FREAKING SIGN UP FOR A GAME IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA POST FOR >3 DAYS!!!!!

Mazzy: I don't think she's Town, but at the same time I don't know where to place her on the alignment scale. She seems to be trying to claim Bard, but Bard is a Town role (Correct me if wrong on that) and no Town would be as unhelpful as she has been.

Faldorn: Didn't stick out to me in day chat. Been pushing a "tie with the forest" kind of thing which implies Survivor(Druid) but he hasn't confirmed this.

Jaheira: ME! Should I give a read on myself? That might be just a little biased :P

Shar-Teel: Most town-looking person I've seen this game. Good reads, focuses on important things and is as helpful as possible.

Safana: Another Thief candidate. My mind's blank on her atm but I'm gonna come back before night ends (I'm at my brother's house so I don't have time to check her post history)

Minsc: Townish. Again need to check post history but just looking at the puzzle chat I'm not entirely sure of where to place him. Seems to be contributing but I'll have to check to see what exactly he's contributed.

Alora: LURK.

Sarevok: Another Town-looking player. Been contributing all night; I'm more comfortable sending him for the puzzle than Safana.

Kivan: Looks at the puzzle in a different way than anyone else. Not sure of alignment but he's seemed to be quite helpful.

I am a cleric.

I believe another answer to the riddle would be Love.

I believe Jaheira should attempt to solve the puzzle.

Although based on the high level of suspicions on me and others, I would believe Jaheira is cult, but that' is just my opinion.

FM Branwen
August 24th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Especially since Shar-teel is considered "pro town" to him, but refuses to go with my suggestion.

FM Branwen
August 24th, 2013, 02:50 PM
I came to be
as you were told. (telling someone that you love them)
There was a plea,
that left you cold. (someone confessing their love can be very emotional, sometimes leaving you feeling cold or uncomfortable)
You gave your word,
yet as I feared, (responding to someone saying this doesn't always work out how they want it to, leaving you feaful of being rejected)
I was transferred,
and disappeared.(There can be no love if the love is sent to someone else)

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Another Cleric...?

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 03:09 PM
SPAM NEUT SPAM NEUT SPAM NEUT... u think im newt? IM CLERICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!

FM Jan
August 24th, 2013, 03:23 PM
The Cleric claim... didn't see that one coming.

FM Jan
August 24th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Honestly I wouldn't know why he would claim. I didn't see any current pressure on him as from what I can tell no one was considering putting him up to propose the solution, and I would think people would lynch Mazzy over him tomorrow so from what I can tell he had no need to claim, especially with the role he claimed.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Sand, we'll agree to disagree on that.

Branwen, I see your claim. While I do not buy it, I find it is possible. You're contributing but falling into the trap of disagreement is scummy.

If you really are as you say, you take a big risk by claiming. I am willing to give you one day to contribute logically. Draw some suspicion fine. I am only doing this because of the sheer number of lurkers.

Let me be clear. I do not believe your Cleric claim Branwen but I would not want to be wrong given the total mess it would make. It is plausible you just sucked where we mistook you for scum.

Why claim though? A neutral killer will likely hit you tonight.

FM Sarevok
August 24th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Perhaps Branwen wanted us to sacrifice her to the puzzle, but we decided not so, so she is trying to force it by claiming Cleric?

I think you are an Avenger, Branwen, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

FM Faldorn
August 24th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Perhaps, another role that wants to be targeted?

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Duke would have worked better. With a high KPN multiple clerics makes sense.

FM Sand
August 24th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I highly doubt that Branwen is a cleric.

From my experience, unprovoked claims usually are fake.

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 04:22 PM
I agree with you on that. However, risk reward analysis says give her a day.

FM Sand
August 24th, 2013, 04:31 PM
fair enough, then.

do you want me to do anything else?

FM Shar-Teel
August 24th, 2013, 04:58 PM
If you replace in, suppose a total loss of access to this thread. Take detailed notes. Communicate with the group what you saw here. Contribute. If Branwen tries to revoke her claim, call her on it without outing her.

If you do not replace, post this riddle in any new night chat you enter. Maybe there's a connection.

FM Safana
August 24th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Player List:
FM Safana - a sexy hawt Town =D
FM Sarevok - Being a good Pro town.
FM Jaheira - I kinda think he is town.
FM Minsc - I think he is giving off a good towny vibes, he is being contributive.
FM Shar-Teel - I think i know her COM, I think she is trying to be the town leader. I think she is town.
FM Alora - lurked, got defensive by random vote and disappeared
FM Faldorn - seemed scummy
FM Branwen claimed out of nowhere, i didnt really fos him at all, but now immediately became scummy
FM Kivan - Give good posts and I think he is giving off towny vibes
FM Jan - lurked and I kinda fos her just a little, could be neutral
FM Mazzy - lurked a lot, make some haikus, kinda scummy
FM Kagain - seems scummy[/QUOTE]

If youre not satisfied by my reads, I am sorry but I give short simple reads because I am used to it.
I am not one of those people who make extremely long read on each person