PDA

View Full Version : Day 1: Prejudice

Pages : [1] 2 3

Forum Mafia GM
August 19th, 2013, 05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B0srsB0n3g

The Lord of Murder shall perish,
but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny.
Chaos shall be sown from their passage,
so sayeth the wise Alaundo.

But a year ago, these words were naught but another hollow prophecy. The truth to which was yet to be tested. But fulfilled, the prophecy would be.

It all began with the death of a young adventurer who went by the name Abdel Adrian of Candlekeep. Naturally, it wasn’t at all uncommon for adventuring folk to meet an untimely end at the hand of one of the many monsters that roamed the Sword Coast. Or even by the bandits that plagued the roads all too often during the iron crisis. The cause of his death was irrelevant, but the reason was everything but. However normal the event of Abdel’s demise appeared at a glance, it would alter the course of history forever.

Adrian was one of the spawn of the dead god Bhaal. During the Time of Troubles - when the divine were cast down from the higher and lower planes to walk the world of men - the Lord of Murder was ironically slain by the young Cyric. Before he fell though, he had ensured his prolonged existence through the blood of many children he sired from women of many a place and many a race. Eventually, it was his intention that those who remained faithful would bring about his resurrection through the sacrifice of his sons and daughters. For his essence would be reunited within those that sought out others of their kin to claim their power for themselves.

Once they had learned of this, some of the more powerful Bhaalspawn began to use violence against their siblings. Some would do so thirsting for power and hoping to ascend to godhood. Others merely followed their destiny, and tried what they could to prolong their own survival. And others still wished only to make the resulting misery end as swiftly as possible. Abdel Adrian was the first to fall. And in time, more blood would be shed in the wake of the fighting Bhaalspawn.

The weakest children were quickly eliminated. After a while though, the struggle ensued between those that were not only strong, but also influential. As time progressed, more and more collateral damage was done. Innocents were massacred and whole cities burned as the Bhaalspawn and their allies and followers waged war upon one another.

In the eyes of the Grand Dukes of Baldur’s Gate, it had all gone on long enough. They decided it was time to act. Old tales told of a forgotten city buried beneath their own that had been the center of Bhaal’s worship in ages past. If any place had an answer to put Bhaal’s immortal blood to rest eternally, it would have to be down there somewhere. They called upon adventurers from near and far to investigate. And to delve into the dangers that lay in wait down below. Little did they know that among those who answered the call were some individuals at the center of the whole conflict. As well as several others with plans of their own...

Player list:
FM Aerie
FM Ajantis
FM Alora
FM Anomen
FM Branwen
FM Cernd
FM Coran
FM Dynaheir
FM Edwin
FM Eldoth
FM Faldorn
FM Garrick
FM Haer-Dalis
FM Imoen
FM Jaheira
FM Jan
FM Kagain
FM Keldorn
FM Khalid
FM Kivan
FM Korgan
FM Mazzy
FM Minsc
FM Montaron
FM Nalia
FM Quayle
FM Safana
FM Sarevok
FM Shar-Teel
FM Skie
FM Tiax
FM Valygar
FM Viconia
FM Xan
FM Xzar
FM Yeslick
FM Yoshimo

- Lynches will use the majority. However the hammer vote will not end the day, and votes beyond 19 may even be removed. At the end of the day any player at 19 or more votes will be lynched. Consider it a 'Trial.'

Day 1 will be a 72 hour day. It will be the only 72 hour day.

Night 1 will start at: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=august+24+0%3A30+GMT

FM Ferengi
August 20th, 2013, 05:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0TGJuJI0NY&list=PL945B1759FCAC5517

The day had finally arrived. Tonight, Duke Eltan would receive the adventurers to assign to them their mission. Not all of the citizens of Baldur's Gate were equally pleased with the large number of armed and dangerous strangers who had entered their city. Much more powerful than the common folk, they were something to be feared. Whenever one of the adventurers came in sight, whole streets were often quickly deserted by the Baldurians. To make way, and to keep their distance.

Nobles perceived the visitors with disdain. "Bah. These scoundrels are acting like they're somehow more important than we are." a man in brightly coloured, expensive looking clothing said to another. "Indeed," the other answered, "They don't know the half of it! All they can do is sling spells and swing clubs. I can't wait until everything is back to normal..."

Although the empty streets were bad for business to some merchants, weaponsmiths and dealers in arcane trinkets - such as Sorcerous Sundries - were quite happy with the extra clientele. Not to mention the innkeepers, who had fully booked rooms and were quickly emptying their food storages and their kegs of ale.

Happiest of all were perhaps the beggars. Never was there a better opportunity for those of their profession, what with a wealth of goodie two-shoes adventurers readily available to give alms for the poor. A suspicious number of them had their bandages soaked in fresh blood, or was walking on brand new crutches. One must be competitive, after all.

Of course, of primary interest to those who would join the expedition were other expedition members. A few of the adventuring folk were already acquainted with one another, but a great many more were total strangers. Besides outfitting themselves with new equipment, enjoying the city sights and treating themselves to a hearty meal and a good drink, most all of them chose to spend some time talking to the others with whom they were about to risk their lives. The Blade and Stars Inn on Windspell Street was one such locale. The waitresses had trouble maneuvering through the gathered crowd. There was not a seat untaken, and many men and women of all backgrounds were engaged in conversation with the intention forge new bonds, to make plans and to test their future companions' trustworthiness.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 20th, 2013, 05:59 PM
And so it begins. Hello everyone!

FM Faldorn
August 20th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Hello. I wish good luck, and give you all love.

Hello Haer-Dalis

FM Anomen
August 20th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Hello puny mortals. My powers tell me that FM Xan is a cultist. Lets send him to meet his god.

FM Jaheira
August 20th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Oh, 'allo thar. How y'all doing this fiiine evening?

FM Cernd
August 20th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Hello.

FM Jan
August 20th, 2013, 06:07 PM
And so the battle against evil begins...

FM Anomen
August 20th, 2013, 06:08 PM
FM Cernd has posted without an avatar. He must be made an example of.

Your god commands it.

FM Safana
August 20th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Hi?

FM Cernd
August 20th, 2013, 06:12 PM
FM Cernd has posted without an avatar. He must be made an example of.
Your god commands it.

I thought accounts had default avatars. Time to find one.

FM Anomen
August 20th, 2013, 06:13 PM
I thought accounts had default avatars. Time to find one.

I am a forgiving god of destruction, so you are granted clemency.

This time.

FM Faldorn
August 20th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Oh, 'allo thar. How y'all doing this fiiine evening?

I don't think we are going to get along.

FM Jaheira
August 20th, 2013, 06:21 PM
I don't think we are going to get along.

Oh, now whai's that? You dun't like mah accent or sumthin?

FM Safana
August 20th, 2013, 06:25 PM

I love your accent! Is it Jersey accent? You know? It's a Jersey Thing!

FM Alora
August 20th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Hey guys hows it going, exited to play!

FM Jaheira
August 20th, 2013, 06:29 PM
I love your accent! Is it Jersey accent? You know? It's a Jersey Thing!

O' course it's a Jersey Thing! What the heck else would it be, eh? Eh? Dun't make me smash some chairs!

FM Safana
August 20th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Hey guys hows it going, exited to play!

Learn to spell
FM Alora

First vote of the day!

FM Alora
August 20th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Ah, I did not notice the mistake, still, I will assume you were just joking and make no repercussion, this time.

FM Imoen
August 20th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Good day, milords.

FM Safana
August 20th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Ah, I did not notice the mistake, still, I will assume you were just joking and make no repercussion, this time.

My vote stay for now.

It seems like you want me to unvote you.

FM Shar-Teel
August 20th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Time to crash this party.

FM Faldorn

Lets just say, we have slightly different beliefs.

FM Jaheira

FM Tiax
hi guys! gl hf!

FM Jaheira
August 20th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Lets just say, we have slightly different beliefs.

FM Jaheira

Oh, so now ye're implyin' you got a conflict of interests wit me? Well that's just lovely. Cause see, I don't think we do. I think we're both 'ere to crack a puzzle, a very specific puzzle, if ya know what I'm implyin'.

FM Yeslick
August 20th, 2013, 06:43 PM
hello wankers, I'm Tony

FM Safana
August 20th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Time to crash this party.

You were invited. So this does not count as crashing.
Look at post #1.

FM Shar-Teel
August 20th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Flavor is boring. Focus on the game.

FM Jaheira
August 20th, 2013, 06:49 PM

Tis' only boring if you don't participate; you can learn a lot o' stuff 'bout people from how they "troll". Are they a kiss-up? Trying to buddy with people? Assure people of their alignment? Flavor IS part of the game; you jus' gotta 'ave a brain ta use it :P

FM Yeslick
August 20th, 2013, 06:50 PM

You seem like a good shag, Michelle's gonna be out for a while, wanna come to my choir recital?

FM Safana
August 20th, 2013, 06:52 PM

Flavor is very important! It is like determining between Chocolate and Vanilla icecream!

FM Shar-Teel
August 20th, 2013, 06:54 PM
You seem like a good shag, Michelle's gonna be out for a while, wanna come to my choir recital?

Men are pigs.

FM Yeslick

FM Haer-Dalis
August 20th, 2013, 06:55 PM

Looks like you don't like a random vote on you already. 1 vote doesn't mean much so why that reaction?

FM Yeslick
August 20th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Ah, she'll come back.

FM Safana
August 20th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Looks like you don't like a random vote on you already. 1 vote doesn't mean much so why that reaction?

Yeah I didn't like that post. That is why I kept my vote on him

FM Shar-Teel
August 20th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Yeah I didn't like that post. That is why I kept my vote on him

Alora did vanish right after that. Not enough for a non-RVS vote but worth watching.

FM Coran
August 20th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Greetings!

I don't have much to say in these early hour of what will surely become hell soon.

I wish luck to all. And even more luck to my enemies, whoever they are for they shall need it the most!

FM Jaheira
August 20th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Well this died fast. Nothing to say, guys?

FM Haer-Dalis
August 20th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Well this died fast. Nothing to say, guys?

Nothing much to say besides the fact that Alora took a random vote a little too seriously and...

Greetings!

I don't have much to say in these early hour of what will surely become hell soon.

I wish luck to all. And even more luck to my enemies, whoever they are for they shall need it the most!

It looks like in his first post he is already trying to emphasize he is town. I am watching him for that.

FM Coran
August 20th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Nothing much to say besides the fact that Alora took a random vote a little too seriously and...

It looks like in his first post he is already trying to emphasize he is town. I am watching him for that.

It's more that I tried to "RP" and it was not as expected.

It was just a GL HF, nothing else.

But I see that some people are eager to start analysing people and I won't stop that since it's a good idea to start early.

FM Valygar
August 20th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Hello everyone, I am Valygar the mighty. Having never played Baldur's Gate, I know not who I am or from where I came, but I am here nonetheless and I would like to know where the bathroom is if you don't mind :/

I think we're both 'ere to crack a puzzle, a very specific puzzle, if ya know what I'm implyin'.
I think we all know what the puzzle is, and I think we all know that the answer is 42.

FM Mazzy
August 20th, 2013, 08:51 PM
My name is Mazzy.
This day has been interesting.
Voting seems pointless.

It is the first day.
We do not have real leads yet.
Please stop being trolls.

FM Sarevok
August 20th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone. 72 hour day with a no-hammer lynch. This will be interesting!

FM Branwen
August 20th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Hello good people. What an interesting adventure this will be!

FM Montaron
August 20th, 2013, 09:56 PM
I honestly have no idea who this Montaron person is. And his portrait is pretty darn ugly.
So I went with a snow leopard cub. I think that's better.

I'm surprised we have a 72 hours day. That seems a tad excessive, but I guess that, at least, it'll give everyone some time to check in, and the hosts some time to get replacements for the lads that won't be joining us.

Good luck and have fun, fuzzies.

FM Nalia
August 20th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone!! :D
I'm excited for this one ^_^

FM Cernd
August 20th, 2013, 10:10 PM
FM Mazzy
Night.

FM Anomen
August 20th, 2013, 10:12 PM
My name is Mazzy.
Voting seems pointless.

It is the first day.

So what would you have us do? Sit on our hands for 3 days?

Why are you trying to sabotage the town?

FM Yeslick
August 20th, 2013, 10:23 PM
FM Mazzy

Look at this wanker trying to force a pro-town tone in his posts

FM Sarevok
August 20th, 2013, 10:43 PM
FM Mazzy

-Vote FM.. wait

Look at this wanker trying to gain pro-town points by calling someone out for calling someone out.

>.>
Thats how you do it, right?

FM Sarevok
August 20th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Fm Alora

Your reaction to having one vote on you is bad. Going to push on this.

FM Nalia
August 20th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Well this is interesting.. :) So like how is everyone?

FM Yeslick
August 20th, 2013, 11:14 PM
-Vote FM.. wait

Look at this wanker trying to gain pro-town points by calling someone out for calling someone out.

>.>
Thats how you do it, right?

Wasn't calling someone out for calling someone out mate

Well this is interesting.. :) So like how is everyone?

Can you help my best friend get laid? If he doesn't lose his virginity by this year we can't be friends anymore

FM Sarevok
August 20th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Wasn't calling someone out for calling someone out mate

No I was just messing :D I know you called him out because of the weird as fuck wording of that post.

FM Anomen
August 20th, 2013, 11:23 PM
Your insolence will not be tolerated.

FM Yeslick
August 20th, 2013, 11:24 PM
No I was just messing :D I know you called him out because of the weird as fuck wording of that post.

:D cheers mate

Your insolence will not be tolerated.

cmon, it's all laughs mate

FM Kivan
August 20th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Coran is truly incredible...But I am the best archer in this whole damn game! Welcome.

There's no Tazok here, so...

Sarevok

This guys HAS TO be evil!

FM Sarevok
August 20th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Coran is truly incredible...But I am the best archer in this whole damn game! Welcome.

Sarevok

Obviously :O

FM Khalid
August 20th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Hello hello all! 72 hours, what a long day indeed.

FM Skie
August 21st, 2013, 12:08 AM
ROAR! Fear me! I am the empress of the jungle!

FM Quayle
August 21st, 2013, 12:35 AM
Greetings. My name is QUALE the large man who no one knew about.
Nayla, change the avatar so some don't end up in this "Oh lol NSFW you're fired".

Usually a first day is trolling, so let's make it interesting. Or just trolling. Or both.

One thing is for sure. I'm the best darn magic guy there ever was. Legit.

FM Safana
August 21st, 2013, 02:11 AM
Greetings. My name is QUALE the large man who no one knew about.
Nayla, change the avatar so some don't end up in this "Oh lol NSFW you're fired".

Usually a first day is trolling, so let's make it interesting. Or just trolling. Or both.

One thing is for sure. I'm the best darn magic guy there ever was. Legit.

Alright I am awake, sorta.
Can't even spell your own name.

FM Skie
August 21st, 2013, 02:12 AM
Will a roles list be provided like last game, with crossing outs and such?

FM Aerie
August 21st, 2013, 02:16 AM
Good morning fellow adventurers!

FM Quayle
August 21st, 2013, 02:17 AM
Alright I am awake, sorta.
Can't even spell your own name.

I'd preffer Quale, because Quayle has that awkward placed Y. I'm well aware.

FM Skie
August 21st, 2013, 02:26 AM

How about quail?
...yummy...

FM Valygar
August 21st, 2013, 02:26 AM

The respelling of "Quayle" deters us from making any Dan Quayle jokes (although I should very much like to make a Civ IV jab later).

I think Alora may have overreacted to the vote a bit, but I think everyone else is overreacting to the overreaction a bit. In the absence of other leads, by all means go for pressure, but I would like to find something a little more... substantial to go off of.

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 03:33 AM
Looks like nobody likes halflings.

Alora is fine, you guys are blowing it out of proportion. Mazzy however...

My name is Mazzy.
Voting seems pointless.

It is the first day.

After 40 posts in the game with 37 players she asks people to stop trolling.

Stating obvious facts: "My name is Mazzy. It is the first day. We do not have real leads yet. ".

And what's with "This day has been interesting." ?

This is most scummy post so far.

FM Mazzy

FM Skie
August 21st, 2013, 04:06 AM
i'd like to see who else will bite
FM Mazzy

FM Yoshimo
August 21st, 2013, 04:21 AM
usztraAlia
anzaCda
lbzerAta
rizBtiosh lomCbia
zelIancd
nzdIia

Step 0: /
Step 1: Ksip16

xo

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 04:27 AM
usztraAlia
anzaCda
lbzerAta
rizBtiosh lomCbia
zelIancd
nzdIia

xo

Australia
Canada
Alberta
British Colombia
Iceland
India

Canada and two Canadian provinces...I have no idea what to do next.

FM Yoshimo
August 21st, 2013, 04:31 AM
Australia
Canada
Alberta
British Colombia
Iceland
India

Show me your big arrows, baby.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 21st, 2013, 04:36 AM
My name is Mazzy. Nice to Know
This day has been interesting. How so since it has only been 42 posts in and most of them are rp.
Voting seems pointless. Why is voting pointless?

It is the first day. Good to know also!
We do not have real leads yet. Like Anomen said. We have a 72 hour day. What else will we do? I hope we aren't just gonna troll around the whole day.
Please stop being trolls. Why is Random voting in the RVS trolling?

You being against voting in a 72 hour day is very scummy. It gives us 72 hours to vote for reactions and 72 hours for scum to slip. Mazzy Explain your thought process more please when you wrote that post and also please answer the questions and not just that we don't have any true leads. For now I'll add more pressure and I'll be on later to answer anything.

@Kivan Alora might be fine, but she didn't have a good reaction to the random vote. She should still be watched.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 21st, 2013, 04:37 AM
You being against voting in a 72 hour day is very scummy. It gives us 72 hours to vote for reactions and 72 hours for scum to slip. Mazzy Explain your thought process more please when you wrote that post and also please answer the questions and not just that we don't have any true leads. For now I'll add more pressure and I'll be on later to answer anything.

@Kivan Alora might be fine, but she didn't have a good reaction to the random vote. She should still be watched.

FM Mazzy

Messed up my vote.

FM Yoshimo
August 21st, 2013, 05:19 AM
Lol what. Mods approved my code, then deleted half of it.

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 05:24 AM
Apparently Google is a no-no.

FM Yoshimo
August 21st, 2013, 05:33 AM
usztraAlia
anzaCda
lbzerAta
rizBtiosh lomCbia
zelIancd
nzdIia

New Step 2: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'_ _ + _. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

-

Not sure if this is even a code, but either-way it fits with the instructions I was given.

FM Yoshimo
August 21st, 2013, 05:34 AM
I tried to include spaces but the formatting seems to have been obliterated after I posted, and there's no edit so oh well.

FM Ferengi
August 21st, 2013, 05:35 AM
Apparently Google is a no-no.

This is correct. Sorry for the confusion, Yoshimo.

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 05:45 AM
Btw, Yoshimo I wonder why are you giving us this riddle. Perhaps you are trying to find good riddle-solver to kill next night? After all, scums don't want Inner Sanctum to open.

FM Yoshimo
August 21st, 2013, 05:50 AM
Btw, Yoshimo I wonder why are you giving us this riddle. Perhaps you are trying to find good riddle-solver to kill next night? After all, scums don't want Inner Sanctum to open.

How did you know?

Bring this man another drink.

FM Xzar
August 21st, 2013, 06:17 AM
Pretty sure that Mazzy only meant half of what he wrote since he wrote haikus. I know I have to force myself to find words that fit in with the syllable count, so I would take that as the most likely. Although haikus have 7 syllables in the second sentence and "This day has been interesting" has 8.. whatever.

Everyone needs to hold their tits. You may end up lynching the wrong people.

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 06:43 AM
The day still has like 60 hours left, there's no hammer and you're worried about mislynching.
Makes sense.

FM Coran
August 21st, 2013, 06:49 AM

Sarevok

Are you challenging me to an archer contest?
Know that I am a master sniper! No one can surpass my skill!
But you are welcome to try ;)

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 07:12 AM
And so it begins. I'll be reading through the day posts and get back to you guys! I'm glad to be serving for you, but I'll be having to get off to sleep. I'll come back in the morning after posting some things.

FM Keldorn
August 21st, 2013, 07:15 AM
Hello dear comrades,
count me in for cleaning up those spawns of evil.
I heard rumors that a Heartseeker might be in our midst. Any niffty suggestions how he could make himself useful?
Cooperation with an Armoursmith might be handy, and so might be an interview. I'd like to know if anyone as any great ideas that would be beneficial for our party overall. Those don't have to be limited to the Heartwarder.
I'm excited to hear from you!

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 07:19 AM
So first of all, we need to focus on getting as much information as possible in the next 48 hours. Questions, opinions, anything will be coming in handy. So anything on your mind should be released to everyone. Since the Cult is seriously buffed right now, it's important that we discuss the solution to unseal the sanctum to nerf the Prophet.

Members of The Cult of Bhaal will start to converge for night meetings after the inner sanctum of the Temple of Bhaal has been unsealed. When this happens, the cult can no longer convert anyone, but they gain a factional night kill instead. Only an assassin can perform the night kill.

But there's a consequence. We need to discuss what to do with the puzzles. Let the cult get the maximum of 9, or let one of us die?

FM Anomen
August 21st, 2013, 07:29 AM
Conversions are a more serious threat than night kills.

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 07:33 AM
FM Edwin

That is for suggesting letting the cult grow to nine. It is bad enough with 5 who will protect each other. 9 will make it damn near impossble. Edwin almost seems like he's talking to scums.

The solution to who volunteers is simple. Send the scummiest player in the nightchat night 1 unless someone is confident they've solved it. The scums are forced to contribute in the puzzle chats.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 07:37 AM
FM Edwin

That is for suggesting letting the cult grow to nine. It is bad enough with 5 who will protect each other. 9 will make it damn near impossble. Edwin almost seems like he's talking to scums.

The solution to who volunteers is simple. Send the scummiest player in the nightchat night 1 unless someone is confident they've solved it. The scums are forced to contribute in the puzzle chats.

I don't understand your logic. So I want to talk about how to get through this, and you say I'm scum. This is pathetic, like I've been playing in all my other S-FMs. Please, come back with your logic straightened up. "Send the scummiest to the puzzles to make them fail at the solutions and let the Cult get another member for another night." Cry me a river.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 07:44 AM
Since there's no update, I'll be back tomorrow.

FM Jaheira
August 21st, 2013, 07:56 AM
I don't understand your logic. So I want to talk about how to get through this, and you say I'm scum. This is pathetic, like I've been playing in all my other S-FMs. Please, come back with your logic straightened up. "Send the scummiest to the puzzles to make them fail at the solutions and let the Cult get another member for another night." Cry me a river.

What are you going on about? We OBVIOUSLY need to unseal the sanctum ASAP. Kills = -1 to any non-cult faction, whereas converts are -1 to any non-cult faction, +1 cult. That's not even considering that the prophet is immune to both kills AND lynches while it's sealed.

And who we send in puzzle chats had no effect on cultist recruits. Only thing it does is if the solution is wrong, the sent person has a 66% chance of dying, so sending the scummiest person is best.

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 08:01 AM

If scum are sent to solve the puzzle, then it is a risky play for them. Try to solve it, cutting off the cult or risk a flip and give the group information about the cult. This is child's play. You must not be that smart. Men are pigs.

FM Montaron
August 21st, 2013, 08:04 AM
But there's a consequence. We need to discuss what to do with the puzzles. Let the cult get the maximum of 9, or let one of us die?

I don't think ''Letting the cult get to 9 members'' is even a considerable option. They are already strong enough as it is, the last thing we need is for them to have 25% of the total players in their midst. Efforts should be put on the puzzles so that we unseal this sanctum ASAP.

We WILL have to send someone to try the solution; obviously the scummiest player. I'm not too sure what you mean by ''let one of us die'', since I'm pretty sure the puzzle and solutions will be discussed as a group, and as Shar-Teel mentioned, scum will have to contribute, else they will be very easy to peg down.

Shame you went to bed right after posting this. I'm not too sure what to think about you right now, Edwin.

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 08:07 AM
The let one of us die thing looks a hell of a lot like he's talking to fellow scums, asking what choice he should make.

FM Jaheira
August 21st, 2013, 08:14 AM
The let one of us die thing looks a hell of a lot like he's talking to fellow scums, asking what choice he should make.

I agree. He starts with saying that the cult is seriously buffed, then asks what to do about the sanctum, which, in its very mechanics, is designed to give the adventurers as much incentive to open it as possible.

FM Anomen
August 21st, 2013, 08:19 AM
So first of all, we need to focus on getting as much information as possible in the next 48 hours. Questions, opinions, anything will be coming in handy. So anything on your mind should be released to everyone.

This seems to be a 'subtle' hint to fellow scum to contribute so they seem pro-town while also drawing actual town into soft claiming and revealing experienced players for night action targets. I don't like it.

FM Edwin

The fact that you asked that last question considering converted players keep their night action screams that you are trying to blend with town, pretending to contribute without actually contributing. Since you think everyone should release everything they are thinking, let's start with YOU.

FM Montaron
August 21st, 2013, 08:30 AM
Let's not forget that the Cult's maximum number is 9 LIVING members. Meaning that if they lose one, they can still recruit back to 9.
No reason to even consider delaying it. I'm not sure if Edwin is up to something or if he just hasn't really bothered reading the setup properly, but I already can't wait for him to be up so we can discuss his... poor choices.

The fact that you asked that last question considering converted players keep their night action screams that you are trying to blend with town, pretending to contribute without actually contributing. Since you think everyone should release everything they are thinking, let's start with YOU.

+1.
FM Edwin

On a side note, we still haven't heard from over 10 players, which is slightly worrying. We're still pretty early in the day, but It's been over 12 hours already. Hopefully It's just because of the timezones, else the hosts will have some heavy replacement to do.

FM Skie
August 21st, 2013, 08:31 AM
So first of all, we need to focus on getting as much information as possible in the next 48 hours. Questions, opinions, anything will be coming in handy. So anything on your mind should be released to everyone. Since the Cult is seriously buffed right now, it's important that we discuss the solution to unseal the sanctum to nerf the Prophet.

Someone please correct me in case my thoughts are idiotic, but what he was suggesting is to let the cult fill up, then we start killing them after they can't convert. Because in a worst case scenario, the cult could convert more than 9, if taking into account lost members. We'd have lost even more. then the 4 we started with.

FM Skie
August 21st, 2013, 08:33 AM
i found a play pal to snuggle with :)

FM Montaron
August 21st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Someone please correct me in case my thoughts are idiotic, but what he was suggesting is to let the cult fill up, then we start killing them after they can't convert. Because in a worst case scenario, the cult could convert more than 9, if taking into account lost members. We'd have lost even more. then the 4 we started with.

We can't count on that. There will be night kills, from the Bhaalspawns and possibly from a Warden/Fighter, and etc. Since the Sanctum will automatically open after Night 6, the Cult can, implying they lose two members/Sanctum puzzle isn't solved by Night 6, recruit a total of 11 members (Maybe more if the Matchmaker fucks it up that bad.)

And either way, I'm confident that we can get the Sanctum open by like, Day 4. We have some strong players here, and having seen how well some do in puzzles and how well they've been able to work together, I am not too worried that the puzzle will go unsolved. Cult should and will not reach 9 members.

No matter how you see it, that would still be trying to push back the opening of the sanctum, which is highly detrimental to us.
His comments were still very scummy, no matter how you see it.

i found a play pal to snuggle with :)

Meow.

FM Skie
August 21st, 2013, 09:01 AM
secondly, why would we send the scummiest people to test answers?
what is the advantage if the correct answer is given?

FM Jaheira
August 21st, 2013, 09:11 AM
Somebody needs to read the setup before signing for games...

Iirc, the person who gives the correct answer and volunteers to test it will get a clue to unlocking the sanctum. But if they're wrong, it's a 66% chance to die. That's why, if we're not sure if the answer, we send a scummy person to test it. If we ARE sure, we send a Town-like player to test it so they get the clue.

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 09:14 AM
I would imagine the puzzle is too diificult to solve on night 1. Therefore, the volunteer should be someone scummy. However, if the player solves the puzzle then they get a clue. Failure to share the clue the next day would be suspicious. A fake clue would be near impossible unless the scums already know the puzzle.

Jaheria is right if we do solve the puzzle, a town player ideally collects the clue. I would imagine this gives a much greater value to explorers.

FM Skie
August 21st, 2013, 09:27 AM
Somebody needs to read the setup before signing for games...

Iirc, the person who gives the correct answer and volunteers to test it will get a clue to unlocking the sanctum. But if they're wrong, it's a 66% chance to die. That's why, if we're not sure if the answer, we send a scummy person to test it. If we ARE sure, we send a Town-like player to test it so they get the clue.

You don't need to be so crass. Sometimes its better to go step by step so others can see the flow of what you say.
But I get it now.

If we don't know the answer, send a scummy person in.
If we think we know the answer, send a towny person in.

Now I could understand how Edwin could look scummy if he knew the other side to what he was suggesting.
-----
We are in a jungle, yes? I can't stay away from home too long.

FM Anomen
August 21st, 2013, 09:35 AM
when exploring locations for clues, do the players use their daytime fm accounts or are they issued new ones?

FM Ferengi
August 21st, 2013, 09:41 AM
when exploring locations for clues, do the players use their daytime fm accounts or are they issued new ones?
Daytime accounts will be used.

FM Safana
August 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
Australia
Canada
Alberta
British Colombia
Iceland
India

They are all controlled by the British at one point in British's history.
India - but that Ghandi guy freed India
Australia used to be controlled by India
Iceland - used to be military base for British in WW2
Canada - I know it was controlled by British like in 1812

FM Safana
August 21st, 2013, 10:08 AM
Australia used to be controlled by British***

Fixed

FM Anomen
August 21st, 2013, 10:09 AM
Australia used to be controlled by India

Sounds pretty weak but don't give up.

FM Skie
August 21st, 2013, 10:27 AM
usztraAlia
anzaCda
lbzerAta
rizBtiosh lomCbia
zelIancd
nzdIia

xo

i fail to see the point of this...

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 10:45 AM

I don't get this last question. I also don't like encouraging people to do things while not doing anything yourself, that's a great way for free town points. Edwin please explain yourself.

Xzar noticed very interesting thing about Mazzy's post, maybe it was possible Bard claim. I still want an explanation from her, so my vote stays.

Since Day is going slow - anybody has something on Yoshimo's clue? We can practice solving the riddles. I have no idea what "Ksip16" means, my mind wanders toward "skip 16", as in "skip every 16th character", but I think that's just wrong.

FM Sarevok
August 21st, 2013, 11:12 AM
Since Day is going slow - anybody has something on Yoshimo's clue? We can practice solving the riddles. I have no idea what "Ksip16" means, my mind wanders toward "skip 16", as in "skip every 16th character", but I think that's just wrong.

I assume we will know more once we are told of the main puzzle.

Maybe it will help with tonights puzzles...

I so hope these puzzles have no number sequencing.

FM Sarevok
August 21st, 2013, 11:12 AM
Voting on FM Edwin makes more sense.

FM Edwin

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 11:27 AM
usztraAlia
anzaCda
lbzerAta
rizBtiosh lomCbia
zelIancd
nzdIia

xo

3, 3, 3, 3, 1, 2 = 15

Interesting.

FM Sarevok
August 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM
3, 3, 3, 3, 1, 2 = 15

Interesting.

Sorry, I'm slow when it comes to this... how did you get 3, 3, 3, 3, 1, 2?

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 11:36 AM
The puzzle added extra z's in the names

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 11:44 AM
Don't forget about this: "New Step 2: _ _ _ _ _ _ [] _ _ _ _'_[] _ + _. _[] _ _ [] _[] _ _ _ _ _ _" ( [] is a space which somehow doesn't appear).

Looks like you have to fill this up using given letters.

FM Sarevok
August 21st, 2013, 11:50 AM
The puzzle added extra z's in the names

Ah, I see, you counted where the extra z's were. Thats the part I didn't see :P

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 11:58 AM
What's wrong with 9 cult members? It is the town that assaults the sanctum, prepare yourselves for I feel that many opinions will be changed quickly.

I am quite excited to see the strength of the many against the few!

Alas, I am always up for a good puzzle.

FM Imoen
August 21st, 2013, 11:58 AM
New Step 2: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _'_ _ + _. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

-

Not sure if this is even a code, but either-way it fits with the instructions I was given.

Instructions... So the gods told you to post this puzzle?

11- PMs from Bhaal or Cespenar
You may not post a screenshot of the PM. You may quote (or fake) the contents of feedback PM's so long as any night chat account names and any passwords are omitted.

According to this decree from the gods, they will permit you to quote their private words to you, so that all may hear their message.

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 11:59 AM
FM Mazzy

I will vote this, Mazzy sounds scummy. Plus, we will know a bit more about mazzy after their death, or non-death?

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 12:00 PM
Imoen, I was also considering this, but later in the Day puzzle was changed by Cespenar because it involved googling. I believe if it was message from the Gods it wouldn't be changed after posting.

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 12:03 PM
Imoen, I was also considering this, but later in the Day puzzle was changed by Cespenar because it involved googling. I believe if it was message from the Gods it wouldn't be changed after posting.

Maybe it's a phrase that opens the sanctum? Or an artifact?

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 12:04 PM
Who would get a message from the gods so early in our adventures?

FM Imoen
August 21st, 2013, 12:11 PM

I understand your concerns, milord. But I think it is worth trying. If the gods intervene, then we will know their will on this matter. If not, then we have more information with which to solve the puzzle the gods have set before us.

FM Anomen
August 21st, 2013, 12:16 PM
i fail to see the point of this...

You fail to see the point of anything.

Unless this is part of your wifom or you are trying to get lynched, please kill yourself so we don't have to break out the crayons and draw you a picture every time an idea is posted.

I don't get this last question. I also don't like encouraging people to do things while not doing anything yourself, that's a great way for free town points. Edwin please explain yourself.

Xzar noticed very interesting thing about Mazzy's post, maybe it was possible Bard claim. I still want an explanation from her, so my vote stays.

Nice job sheeping town sentiments.

FM Mazzy

I will vote this, Mazzy sounds scummy. Plus, we will know a bit more about mazzy after their death, or non-death?

Derailing pressure on Edwin.

FM Montaron
August 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM
FM Mazzy

Although I do agree that Mazzy's post was suspicious, I don't think he should be pressured over Edwin right now. Reread what was written abotu Edwin and see for yourself.
Plus, are you seriously talking about the outcome of a lynch on someone who has made one post and when we have 50 hours left to the day? Why so hasty about this?

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 12:30 PM
Although I do agree that Mazzy's post was suspicious, I don't think he should be pressured over Edwin right now. Reread what was written abotu Edwin and see for yourself.
Plus, are you seriously talking about the outcome of a lynch on someone who has made one post and when we have 50 hours left to the day? Why so hasty about this?

Oh dear Montaron, I seriously doubt that Edwin is a threat right now to anyone. It would sound more like you know something that everyone else doesn't. Sleep carefully this night, friend.

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 12:35 PM

Unless this is part of your wifom or you are trying to get lynched, please kill yourself so we don't have to break out the crayons and draw you a picture every time an idea is posted.

Making enemies so soon? You should open your eyes to the will of the group, before you fall into the dark of the unknown.

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 12:38 PM
We are 37 (?) players.
We can pressure both of them at the same time.

If there's anyone to blame at this point, that would be the one who aren't voting (or even posting at all) and think that nobody will notice it.

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 12:38 PM
the ones*

FM Coran
August 21st, 2013, 12:42 PM
Right now, I don't like people saying that other people are sheeping...
If you have the same though as someone else and he has already posted something, I guess it's ok to say "Like him, I vote blablabla because I feel the same way" The only ones we should check is the ones that are constantly sheeping, and this can't be done right now vecause it's only the first day.

Also, you can't really tell if people work together via sheeping because as far as I know, without night 0, those who have night chat don't know each other yet. The real game will start next day. (Btw, I said those instead of scum to stay neutral since some people like to pin-point those who "try" to get town point and tag them as scum...)

FM Montaron
August 21st, 2013, 12:42 PM
Oh dear Montaron, I seriously doubt that Edwin is a threat right now to anyone. It would sound more like you know something that everyone else doesn't. Sleep carefully this night, friend.

Oh really now. Then tell me, my dear Branwen, how is Mazzy scummier than Edwin right now? Don't you think what he said was scummy at all? And is that a threat, m'dear? Sure sounds like one. Are you panicking because I am putting pressure on your Cultist buddy? Both are scummy in their own right, lass.

FM Yeslick
August 21st, 2013, 12:44 PM
Mazzy train's ahead. Why? The bloke's only had 1 post.
FM Edwin

What kinda fucking twat leaves for a day right after responding provocatively? Don't be a pussy, mate.

FM Ferengi
August 21st, 2013, 12:45 PM
According to this decree from the gods, they will permit you to quote their private words to you, so that all may hear their message.
If you read the rule more closely, it states that you may quote feedback PM's (see: Feedback Messages in the setup thread). Private conversations with the gods are not included in this.

FM Yeslick
August 21st, 2013, 12:45 PM
We kinda like puzzles, yeah?

Math's tolerable.
What is the greatest integer less than (1/log base7 pi) + (1/log base8 pi)?

FM Aerie
August 21st, 2013, 12:46 PM
SHEEEEEP! Fm Edwin For suggesting that we let the cult grow rather then trying the puzzles.

FM Yeslick
August 21st, 2013, 12:48 PM
SHEEEEEP! Fm Edwin For suggesting that we let the cult grow rather then trying the puzzles.

Are you scared, mate?

FM Anomen
August 21st, 2013, 12:54 PM

Funny how you imply Montaron knows more than everyone else right after you do the exact same thing.

Making enemies so soon? You should open your eyes to the will of the group, before you fall into the dark of the unknown.

I don't care about the will of the group. I only care about my own will.

Right now, I don't like people saying that other people are sheeping...
If you have the same though as someone else and he has already posted something, I guess it's ok to say "Like him, I vote blablabla because I feel the same way" The only ones we should check is the ones that are constantly sheeping, and this can't be done right now vecause it's only the first day.

Also, you can't really tell if people work together via sheeping because as far as I know, without night 0, those who have night chat don't know each other yet. The real game will start next day. (Btw, I said those instead of scum to stay neutral since some people like to pin-point those who "try" to get town point and tag them as scum...)

The underlined part: point taken, I was merely making a note of it for future purposes.

The bolded part: those with night chat know the other members already.

The red part: I don't know why you felt it necessary to explain this part, which troubles me.

FM Alora
August 21st, 2013, 01:00 PM
Fm Alora

Your reaction to having one vote on you is bad. Going to push on this.

I just did not want a vote train for whatever reason.

Regardless, FM Edwin

Any suggestion that even hints at giving cult more power is not a wise suggestion to follow.

FM Coran
August 21st, 2013, 01:05 PM
The underlined part: point taken, I was merely making a note of it for future purposes.

Ok

I was unaware of that, thanks. Is there somewhere where it say that people with night chat know each other from the start?
I don't recall seeing something like that in the rule/setup.

The red part: I don't know why you felt it necessary to explain this part, which troubles me.

Thinking for other people mainly. Trying to avoid bad interpretation of my post.

FM Montaron
August 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM

Do they? I've taken another glance at the setup and I can't seem to find where it says this; It says they get a list every night,

They also receive a list of members every night until the Inner Sanctum is opened, but not afterwards.

2. Are cultists notified who is on their team each night since there is no night chat before day x?
Yes, they are notified each night until their night chat becomes available.
But we had no Night 0, and nothing is said about this. Same goes for the Harpers. Care to point out to me where you saw that?

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 01:09 PM
Funny how you imply Montaron knows more than everyone else right after you do the exact same thing.

Oh please do enlighten us about this confirmed night chat.

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 01:13 PM
Oh really now. Then tell me, my dear Branwen, how is Mazzy scummier than Edwin right now? Don't you think what he said was scummy at all? And is that a threat, m'dear? Sure sounds like one. Are you panicking because I am putting pressure on your Cultist buddy? Both are scummy in their own right, lass.

Your time will come. I am sure you will see the light soon enough. I make no threats, I wouldn't harm a hair on your pretty little head! I would rather pay someone to do it for me.

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 01:14 PM
Any chance Anomen was faking not having read the setup to look more town, Montron?

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Your time will come. I am sure you will see the light soon enough. I make no threats, I wouldn't harm a hair on your pretty little head! I would rather pay someone to do it for me.

Softclaim here of a role but I'm leaning more towards jester at this point.

FM Imoen
August 21st, 2013, 01:19 PM
If you read the rule more closely, it states that you may quote feedback PM's (see: Feedback Messages in the setup thread). Private conversations with the gods are not included in this.

Forgive me, Your Grace. I meant no offense. I just thought instructions from the gods themselves would count as feedback, for usually we can only pray to the gods and hope they have heard our pleas; it is a rare thing indeed to receive any kind of response from the gods, let alone instructions.

FM Anomen
August 21st, 2013, 01:24 PM
My mistake. I read the setup and FAQ but the "each night" part didn't register.

FM Montaron
August 21st, 2013, 01:31 PM
Any chance Anomen was faking not having read the setup to look more town, Montron?

Possible. It could really just be an honest mistake though.
It's just something we'll have to keep in mind for the future. Mistake or slip, we cannot confirm it for now.

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 01:36 PM
Softclaim here of a role but I'm leaning more towards jester at this point.

Yes I am quite the joker.

FM Coran
August 21st, 2013, 01:37 PM
Possible. It could really just be an honest mistake though.
It's just something we'll have to keep in mind for the future. Mistake or slip, we cannot confirm it for now.

It could only be a slip if there was a night 0.
Looks like a honest mistake so far due to the fact that no one right now know who their team mate are.
And even if he is scum, we can't rely on this slip because it ain't one.

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 01:41 PM
Poor Edwin. The cult is going to do him in today before he had a chance to prove his righteousness.

FM Jaheira
August 21st, 2013, 01:42 PM
Hey, guys. Lemme clear this up for you.

Do Cultists/Harpers know who each other are as of right now?

And we wait.

FM Jaheira
August 21st, 2013, 01:43 PM
And by Cultists/Harpers I mean do Cultists know each other and do Harpers know each other, not do Harpers/Cultists know each other.

FM Imoen
August 21st, 2013, 01:43 PM
It could only be a slip if there was a night 0.
Looks like a honest mistake so far due to the fact that no one right now know who their team mate are.
And even if he is scum, we can't rely on this slip because it ain't one.

Milords, I think we are making assumptions, when he have only to ask for answers.

Do the members of the Cult of Bhaal currently know the identities of the other members?

Your Grace may want to check the documentation of your will (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/21351-Setup). It appears to have been corrupted since last I saw it.

FM Sarevok
August 21st, 2013, 01:50 PM

Regardless, FM Edwin

Any suggestion that even hints at giving cult more power is not a wise suggestion to follow.

Your reactions are bad. I'm coming back for you later.

FM Valygar
August 21st, 2013, 01:55 PM
If the cultists don't know each other yet, then today is even more useful because we can analyze changes in behavior and relationships when they DO find out.

FM Yeslick
August 21st, 2013, 01:59 PM

MPD's a pain, yeah?

You've all ignored my math problem. I'm disappointed, really. It's the farthest I'll extend my hand for friendship.

FM Coran
August 21st, 2013, 02:01 PM
If the cultists don't know each other yet, then today is even more useful because we can analyze changes in behavior and relationships when they DO find out.

Either they change target completely tomorrow or they sacrifice an ally.
They can do both so lets be aware of that.

FM Ferengi
August 21st, 2013, 02:10 PM
And by Cultists/Harpers I mean do Cultists know each other and do Harpers know each other, not do Harpers/Cultists know each other.
Neither of the factions has been informed of their allies yet.

Your Grace may want to check the documentation of your will (http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/21351-Setup). It appears to have been corrupted since last I saw it.
The Prince of Lies attempted sabotage to our sanctuary. It should not happen again. Every time it does, we will kill a kitten and a paladin.

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 02:20 PM
I would be fairly sure what Anomen is NOT, now.

FM Anomen
August 21st, 2013, 02:22 PM
MPD's a pain, yeah?

You've all ignored my math problem. I'm disappointed, really. It's the farthest I'll extend my hand for friendship.

I prefer the term Dissociative Identity Disorder, and I believe the answer is 7.

FM Quayle
August 21st, 2013, 02:31 PM
I believe the answer is 7.

What's wrong with 9?

FM Yeslick
August 21st, 2013, 02:32 PM
I prefer the term Dissociative Identity Disorder, and I believe the answer is 7.

It's not. Sorry mate, we can't be friends.

My friend.

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 02:33 PM

You missed the fact he could be faking.

FM Valygar
August 21st, 2013, 02:33 PM

I would not be so quick to assume that Anomen does not have a night chat just because he appeared to not know that players with night chats don't yet know who their allies are: maybe I'm paranoid, but I can't help but wonder if this is a ploy to pass himself off as not a cultist.

I feel like the Edwin thing was a bit too obvious: I can't imagine any sane person (town or cult) suggesting we actually allow the cult to grow. That being said, I would rather pressure Mazzy for encouraging inactivity and negativity.

FM Mazzy

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 02:41 PM
The game starts on day 1, with lynching being allowed.

They also receive a list of members every night until the Inner Sanctum is opened, but not afterwards.

From these two, it's pretty clear that the cult don't know each other.

FM Quayle
August 21st, 2013, 02:45 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if most of them are quiet because of that.

FM Jaheira
August 21st, 2013, 02:59 PM
I'm quiet because I've been working on cracking Yoshimo's code. So far, nothing of interest.

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 03:05 PM
I'm quiet because I've been working on cracking Yoshimo's code. So far, nothing of interest.

inb4 thief claim.

FM Anomen
August 21st, 2013, 03:07 PM
It's not. Sorry mate, we can't be friends.

My friend.

My bad, I forgot that the log function on my calculator uses natural log. The answer is 3.

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 03:19 PM

^.^

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 03:27 PM
I don't get it Cernd.

Can Bhaal or Cespenar send instructions to a player and make him pass some kind of clues from them?

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 03:29 PM
I don't get it Cernd.

Can Bhaal or Cespenar send instructions to a player and make him pass some kind of clues from them?

By that I mean "is it possible they've done it or will do it". I'm not asking for any clues:P

FM Ferengi
August 21st, 2013, 03:29 PM

Other than the puzzle clues as described in the setup, this will not happen.

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 03:36 PM
I don't get it Cernd.
- Quayle suggests that the cult members might be quiet because they don't know the identity of the rest.
- Immediatly after that, Jaheira feels the urge to explain why he's quiet, even when the initial statement was clearly referring to noone but the cult members.

Basically, he identified hismelf with the cult in that sentence. Nice slip.

FM Safana
August 21st, 2013, 03:40 PM
If we are going to get this, how will we ever know?

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 03:41 PM
- Quayle suggests that the cult members might be quiet because they don't know the identity of the rest.
- Immediatly after that, Jaheira feels the urge to explain why he's quiet, even when the initial statement was clearly referring to noone but the cult members.

Hmm. I guess this is something. Need to defending yourself in such scenario is quite scummy indeed. Jaheira, care to comment?

After Cespenar's response I believe Yoshimo is a Townie. No scum would attract attention in such way.

FM Jaheira
August 21st, 2013, 03:52 PM
Allow me to explain how I said since you appear to have taken what I said completely wrong.

Shar quoted two instances in the set-up that imply Cult don't know each other. Cespenar then confirmed this.

By "them" I thought he meant me and whoever else (I believe Imoen was the only other but I coulda sworn there was another) who had asked Cespenar to confirm rather than speculate were quiet because we had been shown up. I explained that I didn't have a bruised ego in any way, and I wasn't lurking(Since I have been fairly active up to this point); I was merely working on a code.

I'm very much amused at all of you looking so deep into that one post where you've completely ignored my others ;)

FM Branwen
August 21st, 2013, 04:04 PM
Allow me to explain how I said since you appear to have taken what I said completely wrong.

Shar quoted two instances in the set-up that imply Cult don't know each other. Cespenar then confirmed this.

By "them" I thought he meant me and whoever else (I believe Imoen was the only other but I coulda sworn there was another) who had asked Cespenar to confirm rather than speculate were quiet because we had been shown up. I explained that I didn't have a bruised ego in any way, and I wasn't lurking(Since I have been fairly active up to this point); I was merely working on a code.

I'm very much amused at all of you looking so deep into that one post where you've completely ignored my others ;)

It only takes one.

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 04:04 PM
I'm ignoring nothing. That should be clear by the fact that I didn't vote you after pointing out that possible slip.
Also, I'll be really disappointed if you consider direct quoting three consecutive posts as "looking too deep".

By the way, should I refer to you as "she" or "he"? I just tried to trace the source of your avatar and it seems to come from some Guild Wars thing, and it's a girl.
Now, that's looking a bit deeper, but not even close.

I don't see much point in cracking Yoshimo's code.
It seems like a mere distraction to keep this going as slow as it's been going so far.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 21st, 2013, 04:10 PM
What's wrong with 9 cult members? It is the town that assaults the sanctum, prepare yourselves for I feel that many opinions will be changed quickly.

I am quite excited to see the strength of the many against the few!

Alas, I am always up for a good puzzle.

FM Mazzy

Edwin I think Branwen is using a roleplaying tone here to help defend Edwin. He stated an option where town could get 9 cult which is a horrible option to even be suggested and then Branwen comes and says what's wrong with 9 cult members? Then she uses roleplaying to mask it. Shortly after she votes for Mazzy over Edwin and doesn't say anything on the matter of why Edwin is scummy. She said he isn't a threat right now to anyone. Possibly referring to a reduced cult size right now so they aren't at full power.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 21st, 2013, 04:13 PM

I see what you mean with that possible slip, but Edwin is scummier for trying to communicate with the cult and Branwen tried to subtly defend him in my eyes.

FM Edwin I keep forgetting the FM.

FM Imoen
August 21st, 2013, 04:14 PM
After Cespenar's response I believe Yoshimo is a Townie. No scum would attract attention in such way.

Probably. Though it could also be the Cult of Bhaal attempting to convene right under our noses. We should solve the puzzle just to be sure.

FM Haer-Dalis
August 21st, 2013, 04:16 PM
Probably. Though it could also be the Cult of Bhaal attempting to convene right under our noses. We should solve the puzzle just to be sure.

With 37 people I doubt the puzzle is being used to communicate. There are too many people that will see it and possibly solve it. It is too great of a risk for Yoshimo to try that if she is cult.

FM Yeslick
August 21st, 2013, 04:16 PM
My bad, I forgot that the log function on my calculator uses natural log. The answer is 3.

Yes, but using a calculator is cheating.
Stonems dont fuck cheats.

FM Jaheira
August 21st, 2013, 04:19 PM
I'm ignoring nothing. That should be clear by the fact that I didn't vote you after pointing out that possible slip.
Also, I'll be really disappointed if you consider direct quoting three consecutive posts as "looking too deep".

By the way, should I refer to you as "she" or "he"? I just tried to trace the source of your avatar and it seems to come from some Guild Wars thing, and it's a girl.
Now, that's looking a bit deeper, but not even close.

I don't see much point in cracking Yoshimo's code.
It seems like a mere distraction to keep this going as slow as it's been going so far.

I feel moderately stalked now.... I shall neither confirm nor deny being male or female; narrows down COM names by far too much :)

Three consecutive posts by three different people; not three posts by me that could be linked as all being subtle directions to the cult. Granted, mine and Quayle's could be taken as two cults conversing, but that's simply not what it is. I'd love to prove myself to you, but it's just a tad too early in the game to do so, what with investigatives not having had night actions yet.

Exactly. Nobody's been talking at all until I "slipped", so with absolutely nothing better to do I decided to try and crack his/her code. If it's a cultist communcation, it should be cracked and revealed as soon as possible; if it's a townie soft-claim or directions for Harpers to recruit, it should be discovered and based on the contents decided whether or not it should be revealed/Last willed/etc.

FM Anomen
August 21st, 2013, 04:23 PM
Yes, but using a calculator is cheating.
Stonems dont fuck cheats.

Wasn't specified in the rules. Now be my friend.

Or else.

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 04:28 PM
I see what you mean with that possible slip, but Edwin is scummier(...)

I agree.
For now, I want to get Mazzy or Edwin lynched.
Especially since they seem to be waiting until they're close to the non-existent hammer before they start replying. They're making us waste time voting them and that's another scumtell.

We should be careful about jesters; we also need to analyze why they've been so obviously scummy so far, but with 37 players, I like the odds that they're just bad scum and not an obvious jester.

I'd also like to pressure Xzar, who just came to post some scummy reply and then vanished, but it seems that today's trains are quite fixed at this point, so that will have to wait.

@Jaheira: I still feel it's a waste of time, but whatever. It's your time.
Some (likely useless) things I just put up together after taking a look at the code:

u s z t r a A l i a
a n z a C d a
l b z e r A t a
r i z B t i o s h l o m C b i a
z e l I a n c d
n z d I i a

ACABII

ACABCII

ACACII
AACCII
ACI

Australia
Canada
Alberta
British Colombia
Iceland
India

SNBIIN

lunar
bines
dl?
tibiae
erratic

DEBATE

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthread.php/22480?p=333312

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 04:41 PM
About Yoshimo code: It's Colmbia (there is no second "o" or "u"), meaning that we have 48 letters. 3 x 16 (Ksip16) = 48.

I still don't know what to do with it, but I'm trying;]

FM Yeslick
August 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM
Wasn't specified in the rules. Now be my friend.

Or else.

Are you a virgin? I can only have 1 virgin friend at a time and I'm asking Nalia to help him get laid soon.

FM Yeslick
August 21st, 2013, 04:44 PM
Where's FM Xan been? Wanker hasn't even checked in yet.

FM Anomen
August 21st, 2013, 04:49 PM
Are you a virgin? I can only have 1 virgin friend at a time and I'm asking Nalia to help him get laid soon.

No I'm not. Together I'm sure we can get him some action, even if it requires a little chemical persuasion.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 05:19 PM
Hey guys, I'm back. I'm going to read the last five pages and get back to you ^^

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 05:22 PM
I'm not communicating with the cult. If I can't even ask a couple of questions, then that's your call. All I was trying to do was get this fucking conversation going and get off the topic of homos and lesbians when there was 24 hours wasted. Now you've wasted 12 more. Ever think about that? Why are you people all so negative, always thinking about things in a way that that guy has to be scum because he's asking questions. What the fuck? Since when did that rule apply, or did your moms rape you?

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 05:24 PM
There is one other thing that needs to be discussed. How do we handle lynch immunity?

How about addressing the substance rather than throw a pity party and use ad hominems, Edwin?

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 05:26 PM
I'm not communicating with the cult. If I can't even ask a couple of questions, then that's your call. All I was trying to do was get this fucking conversation going and get off the topic of homos and lesbians when there was 24 hours wasted. Now you've wasted 12 more. Ever think about that? Why are you people all so negative, always thinking about things in a way that that guy has to be scum because he's asking questions. What the fuck? Since when did that rule apply, or did your moms rape you?

You didn't respond to accusations, you've just insulted your accusers. I think I will be happy with your lynch.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 05:26 PM
There is one other thing that needs to be discussed. How do we handle lynch immunity?

How about addressing the substance rather than throw a pity party and use ad hominems, Edwin?

I'm throwing a pity party because I didn't do anything wrong and yet you started a lynch train on me. Thanks ^^

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 05:27 PM
You didn't respond to accusations, you've just insulted your accusers. I think I will be happy with your lynch.

What is there to discuss about the accusations? I've done that on page 5. All the others just followed the lynch train because some other people voted me.

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 05:30 PM
What is there to discuss about the accusations? I've done that on page 5. All the others just followed the lynch train because some other people voted me.

And those people have a point. A lot of questions were asked, many concerns appeared and you should answer them.

Also, use post number, not a page number. Some people have different "posts per page" setting.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 05:31 PM
And those people have a point. A lot of questions were asked, many concerns appeared and you should answer them.

Also, use post number, not a page number. Some people have different "posts per page" setting.

I'll get back to that.

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 05:32 PM
Perma roleblock.

On Edwin: Now he's playing jester.
What do you people think of letting a vigilante deal with him tonight?

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 05:37 PM
The barbarian, aka the serial killer, kills roleblockers. So that's a no go.

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 05:37 PM
Perma roleblock.

On Edwin: Now he's playing jester.
What do you people think of letting a vigilante deal with him tonight?

Probably best idea. That way we will know if we even have Vigilante.

We need to discuss what to do with the puzzles. Let the cult get the maximum of 9, or let one of us die?

So let me get this straight: you believe that we should not try to open Inner Sanctum (and disable lynch/kill immunity) and let Cult spread because we don't want to sacrifice an innocent person to do this? Don't you see how incredibly wrong your logic is? I remind you of this post because you apparently decided to ignore all other questions.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 05:38 PM

I would understand you from that point. I was just trying to ask if we were going to play around during the most important 72 hours and let the cult grow in number, or just risk one of us in the puzzles. Maybe I worded it incorrectly, but that's what I meant.

I assume we will know more once we are told of the main puzzle.

Maybe it will help with tonights puzzles...

I so hope these puzzles have no number sequencing.

And what's your logic behind voting me? You're just joining the train? Your opinion? All you did was vote me.

FM Edwin

What kinda fucking twat leaves for a day right after responding provocatively? Don't be a pussy, mate.

I was sleeping. Some fucking people actually have a life, maybe unlike you. I was surprised to see this FM even started.

Again, refer to my first quote.

Regardless, FM Edwin

I was not, definitely not giving a suggestion to give the cult more power. You definitely need to read more deeply. Refer to the first quote, and I would never suggest something like that with our win condition.

Edwin I think Branwen is using a roleplaying tone here to help defend Edwin. He stated an option where town could get 9 cult which is a horrible option to even be suggested and then Branwen comes and says what's wrong with 9 cult members? Then she uses roleplaying to mask it. Shortly after she votes for Mazzy over Edwin and doesn't say anything on the matter of why Edwin is scummy. She said he isn't a threat right now to anyone. Possibly referring to a reduced cult size right now so they aren't at full power.

I never said that, refer to my first quote. So why am I scummy? Explain yourself before accusing others.

FM Xan
August 21st, 2013, 05:40 PM
Xan checks in. Xan sees two wagons with steam. Xan begins to analyze.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 05:42 PM
Probably best idea. That way we will know if we even have Vigilante.

So let me get this straight: you believe that we should not try to open Inner Sanctum (and disable lynch/kill immunity) and let Cult spread because we don't want to sacrifice an innocent person to do this? Don't you see how incredibly wrong your logic is? I remind you of this post because you apparently decided to ignore all other questions.

So you want to sacrifice a possible Town power, and let the cult grow some more? Scummy posts isn't all in this. People may act scummy, and that's okay. And I never said we SHOULDN'T. I said we SHOULD. Are questions really that difficult to understand? I wanted to know if you guys were just going to sit around and play all day instead of talking serious shit.

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 05:45 PM
Edwin, you want to "talk serious shit", give us some serious shit on Mazzy and Brawnwen both are suspicious in their own rights. Let's see if you have any "original" thoughts.

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 05:47 PM
The barbarian, aka the serial killer, kills roleblockers. So that's a no go.
I'm reading him more as a jester than as any scum role at the moment: He's started by replying with insults and now he's trying to actually give some explanations after I said that he's possibly a jester.

On the whole puzzle's subject, I don't get why people keep painting it as if having scum die to a puzzle is bad because the cult would be able to recruit.

1: You're implying that we'll never find the prophet and that he'll just keep converting every single night until the game is over.

2: That also implies that the prophet will have a successful conversion each night. There's a chance that the prophet targets someone who dies, that he targets a harper or gets roleblocked.

3: We'll start with 3 night puzzles. That's a chance of three scummy players dying, against a single conversion.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 05:48 PM
I'm reading him more as a jester than as any scum role at the moment: He's started by replying with insults and now he's trying to actually give some explanations after I said that he's possibly a jester.

On the whole puzzle's subject, I don't get why people keep painting it as if having scum die to a puzzle is bad because the cult would be able to recruit.

1: You're implying that we'll never find the prophet and that he'll just keep converting every single night until the game is over.

2: That also implies that the prophet will have a successful conversion each night. There's a chance that the prophet targets someone who dies, that he targets a harper or gets roleblocked.

3: We'll start with 3 night puzzles. That's a chance of three scummy players dying, against a single conversion.

You're more of the lunatic. I ignored your post on the jester because it makes absolutely no sense at all.

FM Jaheira
August 21st, 2013, 05:49 PM
So you want to sacrifice a possible Town power, and let the cult grow some more? Scummy posts isn't all in this. People may act scummy, and that's okay. And I never said we SHOULDN'T. I said we SHOULD. Are questions really that difficult to understand? I wanted to know if you guys were just going to sit around and play all day instead of talking serious shit.

Again, another person fails to read the set-up: We are REQUIRED to have one person risk their life in the puzzle (Possibly more than 1 because host said he would split us up into 3 groups) whether we like it or not, and if nobody volunteers, the majority can force one player to volunteer. Your post about the Sanctum implied that you think we should purposefully leave it closed for as long as possible, which would require sacrificing 0-3 players a night for a total of 0-15 total in the puzzle (only 66% chance of death per attempt).

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 05:49 PM
So you want to sacrifice a possible Town power, and let the cult grow some more?

"And"? I think you meant "or". Cult will grow no matter what we do, the only thing we can do to stop their growth is to open Inner Sanctum. Killings are much less painful for us than recruitings.

Scummy posts isn't all in this. People may act scummy, and that's okay.

Not really.

And I never said we SHOULDN'T. I said we SHOULD. Are questions really that difficult to understand? I wanted to know if you guys were just going to sit around and play all day instead of talking serious shit.

No, you just asked if we should let Cult spread to 9 members.

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but we will be forced to choose a volunteer who will try to solve a riddle. You still believe choosing most scummy person for this is not a good idea?

FM Valygar
August 21st, 2013, 05:51 PM
Xan checks in. Xan sees two wagons with steam. Xan begins to analyze.
Oh no: third person.

I really don't like Edwin's initial response to his accusations: raging isn't pro town at all. However, I still think he is innocent because it all seems too obvious. In my experiences with scum under pressure, they tend to try to curtly refute the accusations and then try to change subject, and I don't think Edwin's... gusto accomplishes this. I am more inclined to say he's a jester (or a ghost?) than a Bhaalspawn or a cultist. That being said, I don't know if a vigilante hit would be wise at this point (if he is a ghost).

FM Safana
August 21st, 2013, 05:51 PM

Don't forget he can't recruit once the Thingy open up.

I totally forgot what it was called and I am too lazy to delete this post to look back xD

FM Safana
August 21st, 2013, 05:53 PM
Ah right the Sanctum.

Don't forget that people who are immune to kills and lynches are also immune to traps.

FM Cernd
Don't forget he can't recruit once the Thingy open up.

I totally forgot what it was called and I am too lazy to delete this post to look back xD

Yeah, that too. I don't see a good reason for not sending scum to try the puzzles. The reward overweights the risks by far.
It's called the inner sactum, or something.

FM Edwin
Again, another person fails to read the set-up: We are REQUIRED to have one person risk their life in the puzzle (Possibly more than 1 because host said he would split us up into 3 groups) whether we like it or not, and if nobody volunteers, the majority can force one player to volunteer. Your post about the Sanctum implied that you think we should purposefully leave it closed for as long as possible, which would require sacrificing 0-3 players a night for a total of 0-15 total in the puzzle (only 66% chance of death per attempt).

I never said I didn't or understand the setup. I've read the setup like 15 times now, and I know how this works. I KNOW we are required to have one person risk their life. So you want to sacrifice let's see, maybe a maximum of 12 people, and possibly fail at all the solutions? That's the worst-case scenario, and where the Cult reaches it's max. We always have the power of the lynch by majority, and we always have the Neutrals to depend on. Two days after that, the sanctum automatically opens. Prophet's night immunity goes away, and we only get one kill per night. I think that's better than wasting a max of 12 lives on puzzles to try to get these "clues" on what scale they might be importance of. Maybe they're worth it, maybe they're not. I'm merely suggesting, not forcing.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah, that too. I don't see a good reason for not sending scum to try the puzzles. The reward overweights the risks by far.
It's called the inner sactum, or something.

THE SCUM you've been saying for right now, one has one post, which was introductory, and you have votes on him. You gonna send a 80% possible Town and let them sacrifice themselves and waste? Pathetic.

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 05:56 PM
THE SCUM you've been saying for right now, one has one post, which was introductory, and you have votes on him. You gonna send a 80% possible Town and let them sacrifice themselves and waste? Pathetic.
Cry moar, scum. ^.^

FM Valygar
August 21st, 2013, 05:57 PM
Do keep in mind that, if the thief unlocks the Inner Sanctum, the cult will be far more dangerous than they are now. Look for him/her to be volunteering frequently.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 05:58 PM
Cry moar, scum. ^.^

Alright this guy is even scummier than me.

FM Cernd

All he's been posting is he's scum because the town says so, and that guy's scum because he only has one post. He's a jester because all you guys called him scum. What the fuck is going on in your mind?

FM Kivan
August 21st, 2013, 05:58 PM
If you have solution for the riddle you are quite sure it is correct. That's why we will sacrifice scums if we don't know the correct answer and we let Townies volunteer for known answer.

I think Edwin will be disabling traps tonight. Too bad he is a Wizard and he has like 4 HP. I won;t miss him.

I'm going into the woods to do some ranger staff*. See you later.

*RP, not a claim.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 05:59 PM
Do keep in mind that, if the thief unlocks the Inner Sanctum, the cult will be far more dangerous than they are now. Look for him/her to be volunteering frequently.

My point. The thief will need to sneak a way out of us deciding that we aren't going to try to sacrifice a lot of people.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 06:00 PM
If you have solution for the riddle you are quite sure it is correct. That's why we will sacrifice scums if we don't know the correct answer and we let Townies volunteer for known answer.

I think Edwin will be disabling traps tonight. Too bad he is a Wizard and he has like 4 HP. I won;t miss him.

I'm going into the woods to do some ranger staff*. See you later.

*RP, not a claim.

Are you ever going to listen to what I say? This is like the fifth time I'm saying it. SCUM DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE EVIL. IT'S A THEORY BASED ON TEXT, NOT EVIDENCE. YOU CAN'T PROVE THEY'RE EVIL BY GETTING A WHIFF OF THE POST COUNT.

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 06:00 PM
We have the numbers right now. All explorers can submit an answer each night without having to give up a night action.
Same for Monks and Morticians whou will have nothing to do n1.

FM Safana
August 21st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Hey guys, it been little bit more than 24 hours.

None are the living
Never there water
Night will betray you
Nobody is safe

This is really interesting o.O

FM Safana
August 21st, 2013, 06:17 PM

[Quote]None are the living
Never there water
Night will betray you
Nobody is safe

This is really interesting o.O/QUOTE]

I think this is trying to warn us or something.

Maybe by 66% chance to die, I bet 2 out of 3 will have traps. I don't think this will be random.orged

FM Safana
August 21st, 2013, 06:18 PM

This is really interesting o.O

I think this is trying to warn us or something.

Maybe by 66% chance to die, I bet 2 out of 3 will have traps. I don't think this will be random.orged

Fail lol

FM Jaheira
August 21st, 2013, 06:20 PM

Post that started this train in which Edwin seems to suggests letting cult get stronger in order to not "let one of us die".

I would understand you from that point. I was just trying to ask if we were going to play around during the most important 72 hours and let the cult grow in number, or just risk one of us in the puzzles. Maybe I worded it incorrectly, but that's what I meant.

I was not, definitely not giving a suggestion to give the cult more power. You definitely need to read more deeply. Refer to the first quote, and I would never suggest something like that with our win condition.

Finally an explanation. You coulda just said this without all the rage >_>

However, someone IS going to get sent in the puzzle-chats, and I would much rather it be a scummy person (Read: not 100% evil, just more likely to be evil than anybody else) than someone who is more likely to be Town, so your suggestion of discussing what to do really makes no sense since we won't know what to do until the puzzle happens; all we can do for today is what we would normally do in games: Pressure vote, find scummy person, lynch scummy person if we want to, or use them in puzzle chats as a volunteer.

Also, Attempting to solve the main Sanctum puzzle require you to sacrifice your night action; does the same apply to puzzle-chat puzzles?

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 06:21 PM
Post that started this train in which Edwin seems to suggests letting cult get stronger in order to not "let one of us die".

Finally an explanation. You coulda just said this without all the rage >_>

However, someone IS going to get sent in the puzzle-chats, and I would much rather it be a scummy person (Read: not 100% evil, just more likely to be evil than anybody else) than someone who is more likely to be Town, so your suggestion of discussing what to do really makes no sense since we won't know what to do until the puzzle happens; all we can do for today is what we would normally do in games: Pressure vote, find scummy person, lynch scummy person if we want to, or use them in puzzle chats as a volunteer.

Also, Attempting to solve the main Sanctum puzzle require you to sacrifice your night action; does the same apply to puzzle-chat puzzles?

Can I see your opinions on Cernd?

FM Ferengi
August 21st, 2013, 06:25 PM
Attempting to solve the main Sanctum puzzle require you to sacrifice your night action; does the same apply to puzzle-chat puzzles?
No.

FM Jaheira
August 21st, 2013, 06:29 PM
Cernd... Atm I'm not getting any specific alignment vibes off him. Obviously his posts have a rather pro-town color to them, but really. Anybody can fake being town-looking. I'm more curious why you're interested specifically in my thoughts of him; Any particular reason why you directed that question only to me?

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 06:33 PM
It appears Edwin is trying to derail the train on himself and begging others to make a case for him on Cernd.

FM Edwin
Cernd... Atm I'm not getting any specific alignment vibes off him. Obviously his posts have a rather pro-town color to them, but really. Anybody can fake being town-looking. I'm more curious why you're interested specifically in my thoughts of him; Any particular reason why you directed that question only to me?

First, nobody else is really posting, second, nobody else understands my posts, and third, he posts like scum.

FM Edwin
It appears Edwin is trying to derail the train on himself and begging others to make a case for him on Cernd.

I think you should stop trying to put the train on me.

FM Jaheira
August 21st, 2013, 06:36 PM

That's why I'm curious why he directed it only to me, as I was the only one to bring up how the train started, and I was the only one to put his defense post afterwards and imply that I believed it. Instantly afterwards he asked me what I thought of Cernd. Feels kinda like buddying or something akin to that to me.

Question for Edwin: What do you find about Cernd that's scummy? Can you highlight specific posts/passages?

FM Anomen
August 21st, 2013, 06:39 PM
Since a vigilante isn't confirmed, the group that gets Edwin tonight should force him to submit the answer if said group isn't sure of the answer. Vigilante, if one exists, should also attack.

Opinions?

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 06:39 PM
Am I the only one who finds it funny how he said "he's scummier than me"?
Not "he's scum and I'm not", no; "he's scummier than me".

I just love the taste of your tears.
If you have something to say to me, then bring it. Don't expect others to present a case on your behalf.

Come on. Give me some fun.

FM Edwin
August 21st, 2013, 06:40 PM
Am I the only one who finds it funny how he said "he's scummier than me"?
Not "he's scum and I'm not", no; "he's scummier than me".

I just love the taste of your tears.
If you have something to say to me, then bring it. Don't expect others to present a case on your behalf.

Come on. Give me some fun.

Birthday boy, I know it's you.

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 06:43 PM
Since a vigilante isn't confirmed, the group that gets Edwin tonight should force him to submit the answer if said group isn't sure of the answer. Vigilante, if one exists, should also attack.

Opinions?

If he's not lynched, I agree.

FM Xan
August 21st, 2013, 06:48 PM
My name is Mazzy.
Voting seems pointless.

It is the first day.

Haiku. Active lurking. Slightly discouraging discussion. Scummy, especially considering subsequent disappearance.

FM Mazzy
Night.

Serious vote, not explained. Don't like it.

Uses language as harsh as "sabotage the town" but doesn't vote for him.

FM Mazzy

Doesn't seem to contribute. Tries to score townpoints by calling out forced protownness.

Looks like nobody likes halflings.

Alora is fine, you guys are blowing it out of proportion. Mazzy however...

After 40 posts in the game with 37 players she asks people to stop trolling.

Stating obvious facts: "My name is Mazzy. It is the first day. We do not have real leads yet. ".

And what's with "This day has been interesting." ?

This is most scummy post so far.

FM Mazzy

Yeah this is fine.

i'd like to see who else will bite
FM Mazzy

I don't like this. The feel is just kinda antitown.

Haer is town.

Pretty sure that Mazzy only meant half of what he wrote since he wrote haikus. I know I have to force myself to find words that fit in with the syllable count, so I would take that as the most likely. Although haikus have 7 syllables in the second sentence and "This day has been interesting" has 8.. whatever.

Xan doesn't like this. Seems like Xzar wants to be seen as town in the event Mazzy flips town.

Bard was not mentioned in this thread until this moment. Interesting.

FM Mazzy

Sheep. Active lurky justification.

Voting Mazzy=/=derailing Edwin.

FM Edwin

1 post is not a justification, considering others had 1 and some had none.

I would not be so quick to assume that Anomen does not have a night chat just because he appeared to not know that players with night chats don't yet know who their allies are: maybe I'm paranoid, but I can't help but wonder if this is a ploy to pass himself off as not a cultist.

I feel like the Edwin thing was a bit too obvious: I can't imagine any sane person (town or cult) suggesting we actually allow the cult to grow. That being said, I would rather pressure Mazzy for encouraging inactivity and negativity.

FM Mazzy

Where does Mazzy encourage negativity?

Conclusion: Mazzy scummy. Train on Mazzy also scummy. Willing to lynch, would prefer other waggon.

FM Sarevok
August 21st, 2013, 06:49 PM
I never said I didn't or understand the setup. I've read the setup like 15 times now, and I know how this works. I KNOW we are required to have one person risk their life. So you want to sacrifice let's see, maybe a maximum of 12 people, and possibly fail at all the solutions? That's the worst-case scenario, and where the Cult reaches it's max. We always have the power of the lynch by majority, and we always have the Neutrals to depend on. Two days after that, the sanctum automatically opens. Prophet's night immunity goes away, and we only get one kill per night. I think that's better than wasting a max of 12 lives on puzzles to try to get these "clues" on what scale they might be importance of. Maybe they're worth it, maybe they're not. I'm merely suggesting, not forcing.

Slip.

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 06:52 PM
#243 Nice catch Sarevok.

FM Xan
August 21st, 2013, 06:54 PM
Xan has also been reading Edwin's posts. Edwin's general belligerance is alarming. It suggests to Xan that he is trying to disguise his true motives. Similar to some scum play in the previous FM. Xan does not have time for more major posted analysis today and believes his vote is best used here, for pressure if nothing else.

FM Edwin

FM Xan
August 21st, 2013, 06:55 PM
Slip.

And this confirms Xan's vote to be in the right place. For those that missed it, Edwin is referring to cult as we.

That's Xan's interpretation in any case.

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 06:59 PM
I still feel that he could be a jester playing obvscum here.

1: Scummy as shit check-in posts.
2: Vanishes.
3: Replies to accusations with insults.
4: When I suggest having a vigilante take him out, he stops the insults and tries to defend himself.
5: Targets me (since I'm not voting him).
6: Asks others to give reads on me, yet fails to present hard evidence after asked to do so.

It seems to me like he's trying to get lynched. I feel it'd be better to get him dead at night via puzzle or vigilante, as it's been suggested.

FM Yeslick
August 21st, 2013, 07:00 PM
Haiku. Active lurking. Slightly discouraging discussion. Scummy, especially considering subsequent disappearance.

Serious vote, not explained. Don't like it.

Uses language as harsh as "sabotage the town" but doesn't vote for him.

Doesn't seem to contribute. Tries to score townpoints by calling out forced protownness.

Yeah this is fine.

I don't like this. The feel is just kinda antitown.

Haer is town.

Xan doesn't like this. Seems like Xzar wants to be seen as town in the event Mazzy flips town.

Bard was not mentioned in this thread until this moment. Interesting.

Sheep. Active lurky justification.

Voting Mazzy=/=derailing Edwin.

1 post is not a justification, considering others had 1 and some had none.

Where does Mazzy encourage negativity?

Conclusion: Mazzy scummy. Train on Mazzy also scummy. Willing to lynch, would prefer other waggon.

"Tries to get town points by doing _________"
Literally can be applied to every town action.
Clearly everyone who does town things is scum looking for town points.*

omg he tries to get town points by scumhunting
omg she tries to get town points by lynching scum
omg he tries to get town points by revealing as Mayor
omg she flipped town in graveyard he's just trying to get town points

FM Cernd
August 21st, 2013, 07:03 PM
That said, he might as well just be dumb scum failing in a horrible fashion.
Might my vote be needed for a lynch, it will be there. Even if he's a jester, my odds of dying to him would be lower than 5%, at most.

My vote stays on Mazzy for now.

FM Shar-Teel
August 21st, 2013, 07:05 PM
That said, he might as well just be dumb scum failing in a horrible fashion.
Might my vote be needed for a lynch, it will be there. Even if he's a jester, my odds of dying to him would be lower than 5%, at most.

My vote stays on Mazzy for now.

Why is that? 1/5 of the players die to a lunatic.