PDA

View Full Version : Night 1

Gladys
September 19th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Well..lets start the ball rollin here. Nice to meet y'all. I'm the Grave Robber.

Janet
September 19th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I'm the consig. my secondary goal is to correctly identify who the mayor/Bertran is and report this to Cole. If I make a bad claim to Cole about who the mayor is I fail at the objective. So I will be looking for town leadership roles who aren't afraid to be lynched I guess. I might find the Soul of the Beast as well depending on how he plays it (I suspect he'll play it to seem very pro town since we can't kill him).

I don't want to say my other forum name because it might help us if we don't know each other's forum names. That way we won't slip up in day chat etc. I have been in Forum mafias 2, 3 and 4 though to give you a general idea of where I am at. I have never been mafia though so this should be interesting. I'm still trying to decide exactly what cover to use. I normally default to citizen play and will probably pretend to myself I am a citizen during day chat. I don't really want to pull a invest-consig wifom unless I have to.

Any suggestions on who to invest? I would like to no visit anyone who was high profile or claimed to be Claw or anything, since that would seem like a possible veteran.

Janet
September 19th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Out for roughly the next 8 hours btw, grad school.

Gladys
September 19th, 2011, 07:54 AM
We shouldn't be exposing our secondary duties, just a reminder. My ability on night 1 is pretty useless. So not much that I can do for you guys at the moment. Later in the game, it should be apparent that my power is actually pretty grand. I can possibly claim to be the Coroner, btw.

Jerry
September 19th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Ok, here am I, your beloved Godfather :D
Even thou I got the power to decide this on myself, I always like to hear your opinion about what to to and especially who to kill, because, to be honest, I might not be smart enough to read every scumtell or davinchi shit that's going on.

In addition, since I am pretty much immune to any kind of investigation (masons, roleblockers and killers as exceptions) there is no reason not to send me to do the kill so far. Also till now I don't have any information to share to town, so no deathnote.

Now come the tricky part, who to kill? Claw always had a relatively clear vision about what's going on, but he's also a easy target for doc (wifom always in mind...) so I guess random targets aren't the worst for night 1, again, if you read anything I did not feel free to speak up.

Hiding online status is a nice idea, but someone who's really paying attention to this all the time might notice that some players are missing especially at night. At least there is no reason to hide at daytime unless we play lurkers... in terms of play, my plan so far is to maybe do an obvious town power role call and later play the nice neighbourhood citizen who just wanted to help town by attracting kills.

Gladys
September 19th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I'd suggest going for someone that's not in the spotlight. As a general rule of thumb, the ones likely to be saved are the ones that are seen as contributers. Delores would not make a good target, for instance. Everyone probably wants him dead, but the doctor would think to save him. I'd suggest going for someone like Chris, for instance.

My plan: Keep my usual play-style. Eventually I'll reveal who I am, and that should be enough. I'll play myself off as a Coroner when needed. Otherwise, I'll probably act stupid.

Patrick
September 19th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I am real slut Goonswarm. I am supposed to rb one of the orange mafia as secondary. So yea um yea.

Block Phillip because he is screwy lol! Unless u has other plan.

Patrick
September 19th, 2011, 11:06 AM
What is point or reward to secondary goal?

Janet
September 19th, 2011, 11:15 AM
We shouldn't be exposing our secondary duties, just a reminder. My ability on night 1 is pretty useless. So not much that I can do for you guys at the moment. Later in the game, it should be apparent that my power is actually pretty grand. I can possibly claim to be the Coroner, btw.

My understanding is that we can share our secondary duties in night chat.

We should focus on winning primarily though. Your secondary objective for instance might prove to be a distraction. We might want to roleblock a powerful town role to protect ourselves some nights rather than find a mafia to block. The only way we could possibly know if you had already completed your secondary is if they die after you block them.

Same with mine, finding out the mayor is nice but not crucial to actually winning. More valuable is probably finding out the cult leader, doctor, armorsmith etc. (Also I have to do mine before he reveals, interesting point of tension there).

Gladys
September 19th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Well then.. my secondary objective is to never be blocked by the Coroner. That's going to be easy enough (I'd hope). I would just have to steer clear of the janitored roles the night that they'd be checked..unless the Coroner is smart enough to go after dead power roles/killing roles in hopes of blocking me.

Elixir I will not be using my ability tonight, obviously.

Elixir
September 19th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Grave Robbing happens after killing.

Keep that in mind.

(for balance reasons, I cant let you select the same target you go to kill as a team on that night however)

Gladys
September 19th, 2011, 03:59 PM
Anywho, my vote for the kill is on Chris :P

Janet
September 19th, 2011, 04:40 PM
I have to ask if there are any abilities that may not be stolen For instance Amnesiac remembering, Mayor revealing and voting, etc. Those would seem very interesting.

Also are people told when they are doused? If we have a pyro who dies without burning and we all know that we aren't doused... hilarity would ensue.

Gladys
September 19th, 2011, 05:05 PM
I never thought of the mechanics behind that. That would be hilarious.

Elixir
September 19th, 2011, 05:20 PM
It's in the day settings. Amnesiac also can't be stolen, which I'll have to update.

Patrick
September 19th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Will I be notified if I roleblock a member of orange mafia? If so I am real sexvestigator.

Janet
September 19th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Does roleblocking stop veteran from going on alert? I don't see him in the action list unless his is lumped into 15, which case he would be blocked.

If he doesn't go on alert because of a roleblock then I will probably invest Philip as well because I am a little curious about him and that would be a a sure thing for a safe invest target. With my luck a spree killer would be around but I can't plan everything on that lol.

Was anyone curious about anyone else from day chat?

Elixir
September 19th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Read your secondary objective again Lucy Kuo.

Man I spent so long on these role cards and no one is reading them :/

-- Veteran cannot be blocked. If he goes on alert everyone who visits him dies aside from Detectives, Lookouts, Coroners, Cole, and neutrals with passive vests.

Elixir
September 19th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Please color your actions in future

So far I have:

Gladys performing No action.
Janet performing No action.
Patrick blocking Phillip

and 1 vote by Gladys to kill Chris with no opted killer (I will assume Cole).

No Death Note.

Janet
September 19th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Chris has 1 post. I don't see any reason in it to single him out for killing. Especially since the person above him also has a post count of 1. Last game the mafia were killing people with low post counts... how about we find someone in the middle post count wise. Not a big talker but around 5-10 with no random claim.

Candice
Verna
Brian
Theodore to name a few

For my invest target unless anyone has requests: Invest Sonya

Janet
September 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Vote Kill Verna Send Cole/Jerry

Patrick
September 19th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I think those with low post counts are suspicious. If the trend continues then we should react accordingly.

Vote to kill Verna, send the gf.

Jerry
September 19th, 2011, 10:35 PM
majority decided to kill verna, I agree because he was slightly more active, killing active people is a little bit lame for gameplay but benefits our win

kill Verna, send me

Patrick
September 19th, 2011, 11:09 PM
I am a retarded starfish. Your day 1 logic is invalid.

Elixir
September 20th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Action Submission Cut off is in 10 mins:

Jerry is going to Kill Verna.
Patrick is Blocking Phillip.
Janet is investigating Sonya.
Gladys is not taking an action tonight.

:)