PDA

View Full Version : Role: Oaf

Phonics
August 12th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Role: Oaf
Alignment: Town

This role would be in Town Protective.

Special:
The Oaf would guard one person at night, seeing any roles that visited but not the names of said roles. If his target is attacked, the Oaf will take a wound, but other than that nothing happens. If the Oaf takes two wounds he dies. Doctors cannot heal wounds but can prevent them.

Options:

The Oaf can take 2 wounds. Default: On
The Oafs' wounds are healed when doctors visit. Default: Off

Investigator Message: Arsonist, Oaf, Jester.

KevinPowers
August 12th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I think seeing the roles that visited would make it too overpowered. That and the addition of 2 wounds.

I do like the idea though Phanics! Just needs some slight changes here and there!

Helz
August 12th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Very interesting concept but as Kevin said. It looks kinda op. I wouldn't mind seeing this idea turn into something. It could be a very fun investigative role to help counter the trend of balancing bad players with a very overpowering town.

Phonics
August 12th, 2013, 06:33 PM
I guess it is sort of op to see ALL the roles that visit.
Would making just the attackers roles be known to the Oaf be better?

UltimaNecros
August 18th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Seeing all roles is fine because you dont see the PLAYERS.
Combined with a lookout he would be able to help narrow what people could be what roles, add an invest to the mix and skilled players can deduce several people and their roles in a short time but unskilled people just learn what exists within the game.

Noxava
August 20th, 2013, 01:22 PM
I like it. For me it doesn't seems op because you can't tell which player is which just who attacked (so you can be sure if he was attacked by mafia,vigi or sk or what.) BTW what if Oaf targets PlayerY but PlayerY is already being healed or he is held captive in jail. Overall if the player is being protected in any other way, is the Oaf still taking dmg ? Also an option: "The wounds can be prevented by doctors. Default: On" would be great.

Phonics
August 21st, 2013, 01:55 PM
The oaf would still guard the target and see roles that visit, but the protectee wouldn't be saved by the oaf.