PDA

View Full Version : Colonel (Town Power)

Squidypie
August 9th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Colonel

Colonel
- Town Power
- Mayor/Marshall/Gf/Mason Leader clue set
- Cannot be healed
- Option: May Declare martial law once/twice
- Option: 2/3 martial law targets
- Option: Immune to "kill role blockers"effect
- Option: Colonel is revealed to town (Off)

The Colonel may activate his ability at night by typing -law, he can then select targets (excluding himself) who will be notified at the end of the night that they were "under curfew". Those people will be perfectly role blocked, and healed of any attacks. Neither the Colonel nor the target will be notified if anyone was attacked.

-This role will generally buy time for town and has an exceedingly complicated investigative potential. (as he can't know whether the people he targets are victims or villains.)

-Weaker than a Marshall, but stronger than a mayor or crier with an uncooperative town.

-His ability cannot be triggered by a Witch, but on a night that he triggers it his first target can be sWitched.

I'm honestly not sure how powerful this role will be in general play. Rather than only waiting a few rounds like Mayor/Marshall the Colonel will want to spend most games laying low until late. If he's too powerful the roleblock may be altered to only affect town.

UltimaNecros
August 9th, 2013, 08:57 AM
i think he sounds pretty balanced, as long as he cant exists with a marshall or a mayor. he can lack the ability to show himself if set up to trial. i personally think he should be 3/4 targets with option because its not as powerful as perma extra votes or mass murder in broad daylight but can be much more useful in certain situations.

Also if a martial lawed target gets bussed the BD should get a message saying "that target cannot be bussed tonight" and then the entire turn for the BD is canceled that way the colonel can effectively lock players down allowing them to be checked out.

Squidypie
August 10th, 2013, 11:50 AM
i think he sounds pretty balanced, as long as he cant exists with a marshall or a mayor. he can lack the ability to show himself if set up to trial. i personally think he should be 3/4 targets with option because its not as powerful as perma extra votes or mass murder in broad daylight but can be much more useful in certain situations.

Also if a martial lawed target gets bussed the BD should get a message saying "that target cannot be bussed tonight" and then the entire turn for the BD is canceled that way the colonel can effectively lock players down allowing them to be checked out.

I honestly don't know how powerful he'll be in actual play. Will he often guess right and lock down two killers? Will he die 40% of the time before he uses his power? If played absolutely perfectly he could be a dues ex machina. So many variables, wish I could see him in action :/

Fubby
August 10th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I like it!

Duzero
August 11th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Why not just replace coroner with colonel altogether, since coroner is never used anyway and is just taking up space.