PDA

View Full Version : Slaol-athalon

Slaol
August 4th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Final revamp.

With the passing of the late TimeTrx I have picked up the tournament. My team is AppleyNO, Damus_Graves, and ckMistro.

- The 3 weekly events -
Starcraft Saturdays. This will be run by Damus_Graves. He will be selecting and running games on Sc2 such that a single 'winner' is determined by the end of all custom games played on the day.

Super Sundays. This will be run by ckMistro. He will be selecting and running non-Sc2 Free2play games such as League of Legends, DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2, etc. As well determining a winner for each day.

Melee Mondays. This will be run by AppleyNO. He will be running tournaments of any size, and setup types are at his discretion, to determine a single winner. This could be 1v1s all the way, a single large FFA, or progressive 2v2s until a single championship clash.

- Time -
These events will be taking place at 12:00pm CST through the summer. This allows people on the West Coast of the USA to play at 10:00am, and people in Eastern Europe to play at approximately 7pm. Melee Mondays, if maintained through the school year will possibly be moved to Friday nights to remain somewhat reasonable for both main continents.

- Determining a Winner -
Each day will have a winner. This person will get a single point. At the end of each month the person with the top 3 scores will earn first, second, and third place.
1st place: $15 steam credit from Slaol
2nd place: $10 steam credit from Slaol
3rd place: $5 steam credit from Slaol
These prizes can be saved and postponed for later use and/or combining for larger games. So, if you win 1st place 3 times I will owe you up to a $45 steam prize should you not use the prize before this.

- Contact information -
PLEASE send me your Skype information. We will be getting a large chat going just for this tournament, and it should allow us to keep in more up to date contact about times, modes, games, etc, and connect us all as a group further. There are many active members that I personally do not know very well at all and I would like to fix that. This is a perfect opportunity to get more involved!

Formatting and technical details coming later.

Slaol
August 4th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Sen
powerofdeath
Dagaen
ypmagic
ika
Mugy7
Damus_Graves
AppleyNO
Slaol
ckMistro

powerofdeath
August 4th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Time not hosting?
/sign why not

powerofdeath
August 4th, 2013, 11:12 PM
When does this start?

Slaol
August 5th, 2013, 05:30 AM
THIS WEEKEND!

Dagaen
August 5th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I like timing of this tournament in my timezone:)

/sign

My Skype id: dagaen

Admiral
August 5th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Take Melee Monday out and put something on Friday that also is not Starcraft.

ypmagic
August 7th, 2013, 05:01 PM
/sign

I need timezone and time.

ika
August 7th, 2013, 07:34 PM
/sign

might not be able to come to all of them but i will see what i can pull

Mugy
August 7th, 2013, 09:03 PM
/sign for melee

AppleyNO
August 8th, 2013, 02:20 AM
By order of Slaol, ckmistro will be taking over this Monday's melee tourny due to a schedule conflict on my end.

acku11
August 8th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Alright, i am filling in for DamusGraves, and as such have organized the saturday part of this challenge.

: Round 1 will be Kobold Tribes
: Round 2 will be BlasterBots
: Round 3 will be the Zerg Evo Game in the EU servers

Teams will be decided by me once I find out how many players will be participating, and will be randomly made

For round 1, players will be split into teams, winning team moves onto round 2, losing team is eliminated

For round 2, same rule applys, winning team moves one while losing one is eliminated

For round 3, last man standing wins the day

Any other questions, please PM me and ill get right to it

Damus_Graves
August 8th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Alright, i am filling in for DamusGraves, and as such have organized the saturday part of this challenge.

: Round 1 will be Kobold Tribes
: Round 2 will be BlasterBots
: Round 3 will be the Zerg Evo Game in the EU servers

Teams will be decided by me once I find out how many players will be participating, and will be randomly made

For round 1, players will be split into teams, winning team moves onto round 2, losing team is eliminated

For round 2, same rule applys, winning team moves one while losing one is eliminated

For round 3, last man standing wins the day

Any other questions, please PM me and ill get right to it

False. I am still running Saturdays.

AppleyNO
August 8th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Yea Saturday isn't Monday Hunter xD

Slaol
August 8th, 2013, 09:46 PM
I told Hunter he would fill in for Damus when Damus told me he might be unable to do it.

acku11
August 8th, 2013, 09:46 PM
For Sunday Funday, game of choice shall be TF2

Will consist of 3 rounds as well, round 1 being attack defense, round 2 being defend the payload, round 3 will be ctf

If 12 players or less sign up, we will form a single team and the person who has the highest points at the end of each round, which will be 3 games of each gametype.

the person with the most points at the end of each round will be given 1 point. At the end of all the rounds the person with the most points wins.

Duzero
August 10th, 2013, 08:27 AM
/sign
sounds fun!

acku11
August 10th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Alright, sunday Funday seems to be a go, it will be a little late however, but it seems to be a go at 1 pm mountain daylight time. If you are interested, pm me

This is the time
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1+pm+mdt

Game is TF2, this is where you go to download it if you have Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/440

Slaol
August 15th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Scrapped.

Thought i'd carry on the idea after TimeTrx left, but can never assemble people.

Congratulations to ckMistro for winning the first and only prize effectively by technicality.